This website is Russia-owned. What is our official stance on the Russian genocide of Ukraine?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 81
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Barney
You can dislike every aspect of it for a host of reasons
My disliking it is irrelevant, as would be the reasons.

but unless a specific perceived genetic component comes into it, then it's not racist.
Is that how racism is defined? I thought racism described prejudicial sentiments toward individuals by reasons of race and/or ethnicity, where ethnicity is a social characterization which groups individuals based on similar cultures and traditions--e.g. ones which would be found in a nation such as Russia. But you're the boss...

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Barney
but unless a specific perceived genetic component comes into it
presumed nation of origin (and associated genealogy) seems like a textbook "genetic component"
Athias
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
presumed nation of origin (and associated genealogy) seems like a textbook "genetic component"
I haven't seen so much circumventing since the Monica Lewinsky psy-o... I mean, scandal.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Athias
You're getting into an area of deep absurdity playing a semantics game.

Russia is huge, with a massively diverse genetic landscape. That some people dislike the choices of the dictator, to you means someone is racist. We clearly have vastly different grasps of the English language.

Furries exist all around the world. They share culture and traditions with each other. Your definition would define them as a race.

Likewise since I reject Neo-Nazidom, your definition would define me as not part of the race I was born into since I don't murder nor endorse the murder of people for perceived genetic differences.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@FLRW
Well, incumbent Vladimir Putin  won reelection for his second consecutive (fourth overall) term in office with 77% of the vote.
Almost the safest and most secure election in history I hear...
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Barney
That some people dislike the choices of the dictator, to you means someone is racist.
that seems like an astronomical leap
Barney
Barney
-->
@3RU7AL
I'll admit I gave into hyperbole.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
What you are seeing is a former KGB agent with severe ASPD already (psychopath/sociopath) growing into a jaded lunatic with PTSD and newfound schizophrenia.

He needs psychiatric help but instead is enabled on a global scale to act out his mental illnesses.
FLRW
FLRW

Putin's eye's are close together. I think he has Nonsyndromic holoprosencephaly.
  • In the less severe forms, the brain is partially divided and the eyes are usually set close together (hypotelorism). The life expectancy of these affected individuals varies depending on the severity of symptoms.
He may know he is dying, so he will start WWIII.
Athias
Athias
-->
@Barney
You're getting into an area of deep absurdity playing a semantics game.

Russia is huge, with a massively diverse genetic landscape. That some people dislike the choices of the dictator, to you means someone is racist. We clearly have vastly different grasps of the English language.

Furries exist all around the world. They share culture and traditions with each other. Your definition would define them as a race.

Likewise since I reject Neo-Nazidom, your definition would define me as not part of the race I was born into since I don't murder nor endorse the murder of people for perceived genetic differences.
Hold on...

That some people dislike the choices of the dictator, to you means someone is racist.
It's a relief to know that you have some awareness. It wasn't my contention AT ALL that someone's being "racist" because they dislike the choices of a "dictator."  (Technically, Putin isn't a dictator.) My contention is that RationalMadman's proposal that a unified stance as members of debateART be made against the Russian-Ukrainian conflict solely because the creator and owner of this website lists his (her?) native language as "Russian," albeit attention-mongering, is racist. That's all there is to it.

I'm not even going to venture a guess as to how you likened this contention to your not identifying with your perceived "racial group" because you reject "Neo-Nazidom."
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
What you are seeing is a former KGB agent with severe ASPD already (psychopath/sociopath) growing into a jaded lunatic with PTSD and newfound schizophrenia.

He needs psychiatric help but instead is enabled on a global scale to act out his mental illnesses.
zoiks
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Athias
That's all there is to it.
yep.
Athias
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
Right? I'm not sure how such a conclusion could be rendered based off of my statement.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
You did that the 1st time you misused the word genocide. 
Barney
Barney
-->
@Athias
I did get too worked up without warrant.

I stand by my furries example for why race isn't just about what you do but rather inherited genetic traits (or at least the idea of them). Yet, I fallacious straw-manned your argument and poisoned the well. Yeah, absurdity, but the way separated your case from the obvious intent of your case was wrong of me. For that I am sorry.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Greyparrot
Seriously?

In this conversation my first use of the word genocide was in post #24:
I had to disown half my family, due to their sustained pro-genocide beliefs. 
You're actually going to try to defend my Neo-Nazi family on this?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Barney
#NOTARACIST
Athias
Athias
-->
@Barney
I did get too worked up without warrant.

I stand by my furries example for why race isn't just about what you do but rather inherited genetic traits (or at least the idea of them). Yet, I fallacious straw-manned your argument and poisoned the well. Yeah, absurdity, but I way separated your case from the obvious intent of your case was wrong of me. For that I am sorry.
Your apology is appreciated and accepted. And I'll extend one as well, because I did use your statement as a catapult to rebuff RationalMadman's sarcasm. It wasn't initially intended for you or any sentiments you expressed in particular; it was only meant to demonstrate the lengths said member is willing to go through to attention-monger. With that said, I apologize for dragging you into this, and the snippy statements which followed.

Barney
Barney
-->
@Athias
Thanks man!
Athias
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
#NOTARACIST
Haha!

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
If you hate attention mongering, stop posting.

Your definition of attention mongering is entirely subjective and based upon when you decide attention is the motive.

I can do that to every single one of your posts.

Get the fuck over yourself. This thread isn't about me, it's not about you. Get a grip.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
My contention is that RationalMadman's proposal that a unified stance as members of debateART be made against the Russian-Ukrainian conflict solely because the creator and owner of this website lists his (her?) native language as "Russian," albeit attention-mongering, is racist. That's all there is to it.
The user resides in Russia, or so they claim.

The user therefore has the entire website's server data and functionality dependent on Russian law.

Is that okay with you or do you not comprehend that? This website is owned by and run inside of Russia.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@coal
um theres loads of russians in favor of the war. Probably a majority
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
At least half the nation supports it, I just didn't feel like telling him that. It would ruin his 'flawless argument' he felt he'd shut me down with.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
he is right about sanctions, biden's response and the general fallout from this war though
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
If they are American, clearly it's a family of Larpers. Actual Genocides don't happen in America.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@TheUnderdog
Your Russian.  What do you think about this?
I don't have a lot of time to properly read the thread and give a proper answer but I'll just say what I think, and that's just my subjective opinion.

So basically what they have in Russia is classical kleptocracy, which means that the politicians and most people in the government serve themselves. That's one of the reasons why the country has been going down for a long time. Another problem is that even up to this day, a lot of population grew up in the Soviet Union and therefore they barely know anything about how to live in the modern world and they stick to the old ways, which means that instead of fighting for their rights and freedom, they shut up and hide to avoid any problems. And my second point brings to the first one. As some smart person said: people deserve the governments that they have. And it seems like it's a vicious circle, in the sense that the country needs a better and modern education but the government is corrupted and it's not in its interest to educate people. So I am not sure what's gonna happen to it in the long run but I sure as hell don't want to be a part of it.

When it comes to the war, I despise it and the fact that Russia attacked a brotherly nation just pisses me off. I will never shake a hand to anyone who supports it. This war has ruined many lives on both sides and it doesn't make any sense to me.

PS: I left Russia half a decade ago so I may not have the best grasp of the situation. Also, please don't take it as something more than just my opinion. I can't even write such things without getting highly emotional. 

Athias
Athias
The user resides in Russia, or so they claim.
Well, said user has claimed this:

Debateart.com Post #57:
PS: I left Russia half a decade ago so I may not have the best grasp of the situation.
And since this website wasn't around half a decade ago, it's quite clear that no one has made such a claim to you.

The user therefore has the entire website's server data and functionality dependent on Russian law.
Anyone with decent browser extensions or the inclination to conduct a google search can determine that this website's servers aren't located anywhere near Russia.

Is that okay with you or do you not comprehend that? This website is owned by and run inside of Russia.
I comprehend that you're propagating racist bullshit to draw attention to yourself.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Enlighten me as to this google search you did
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
He posted that for the first time ever on this website after I said he has claimed to be Russian in every sense thus far, both in origin and residence.

You are lying through your teeth and the biggest sign of it is how you pretended he said that before I did.