Universal Background Checks

Author: Vader

Total: 97
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Double_R
I am here in search of rational arguments that go against my position.
We await you finding them with bated breath.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@coal
That's exactly what I thought.

Good day.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Double_R
You conceded that localized gun control laws fail, based on inflow of out of state firearms.  

You stated that concession, after acknowledging certain categories of evidence do not indicate past improvement.

Your response to this is to dismiss all evidence and data, in favor of discussion that you think "address the core beliefs" of folks with opinions on these issues (which you define as outside the scope of anything constituting "evidence").  Not to change your position.  

And yet, you wonder why this approach cannot be taken seriously.

Alas.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@coal

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@coal
@Double_R
Can you guys take part in a more intelligent conversation please. Both of you seem to agree more guns aren’t the solution to crime. Just need to get into specifics like family values and God and maybe some prayers. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@coal
You conceded that localized gun control laws fail, based on inflow of out of state firearms.  

You stated that concession...
It's not a concession, it's the central point of why we need federal gun legislation.

Your response to this is to dismiss all evidence and data
I don't dismiss the data, I'm telling you that before we can analyze the data we should be analyzing the tools we are using to evaluate it.

after acknowledging certain categories of evidence do not indicate past improvement
I don't know what this means, doesn't sound like anything I did

in favor of discussion that you think "address the core beliefs" of folks with opinions on these issues (which you define as outside the scope of anything constituting "evidence").  Not to change your position.  

And yet, you wonder why this approach cannot be taken seriously.
Getting down to the core differences between two people is the entire point of rational conversation
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Reece101
I can only work with what I'm given