Author: rbelivb

Total: 327
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@rbelivb
It is a distortion to say that we are talking about someone who is "really male" and "pretending" to be female
Not really, and it's just as offensive as wearing blackface. This is the gender equivalent to black face. 

You might think that a male deciding to become a trans female is wrong, 
Assuming they are grown ups they should have every right to mutilate themselves. It's wrong in the same way unnecessarily amputating yourself is wrong, because it is a form of self hate. They hate themselves, so they feel becoming somebody else is going to change who they are fundamentally. A type of suicide if you will. The problem is, that once they transition, they realize. It's just their appearance that has changed, and this is why a disproportionate amounts of trannies are ending up suiciding themselves. 

I wish they would get some self love. They need to love who they are, not try to kill themselves metaphorically with an identity change, which as we can see from the suicide stats doesn't solve the self hatred problem.

Here you are trying to argue that people with penises can cut them off and all of a sudden be a girl. You need to stop letting the television tell you what to believe
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Not really, and it's just as offensive as wearing blackface. This is the gender equivalent to black face. 
Imagine how little you think of women to say something like that. Swinging dicks never cease to amaze me.
Kritikal
Debates: 9
Kritikal
-->
@rbelivb
If x = x, x = x. If female = trans female. Trans female = female. Even if for a little while people understand that what they are saying is just out of social convention, this rhetorical link inevitably leads to change. I do not even need to make a prediction about the future, just look at Lia Thomas who is a so called 'trans gendered woman' but is allowed to compete in female sports as if she had changed her sex. You might be right that no one actually is confused about biological differences, but one side puts a perceived gender identity over biology. 
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
What’s going on in your brain plays a large role in determining the gender you identify with — and researchers working with transgender people are just starting to understand how.
Being transgender has nothing to do with sexual identity. As one doctor puts it, “Sexuality is about who you’re attracted to. Gender is about who you are.”
Where does gender originate?
In the birthing process, a medical professional will declare your baby a boy or a girl based on their sexual organs — but does this determine their gender?
“We’re trying to change the understanding of gender,” says psychiatrist Murat Altinay, MD. “That’s one of my big goals. The main question I’m asking is, ‘Where is the gender?’”
We know that as an embryo forms, the genitalia specializes into either male or female. But what about development in the brain?
“The brain and the body can go in different directions,” Dr. Altinay says. “Gender is not only in our genitalia; there’s something in the brain that determines gender.”
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@rbelivb
But the "underlying biological fact" is seldom acknowledged by gender ideologists. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Bones
But the "underlying biological fact" is seldom acknowledged by gender ideologists. 
why do you need "acknowledgement" of such a thing ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Kritikal
but one side puts a perceived gender identity over biology. 
both sides are doing this

but only one side is honest about it
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Not really, and it's just as offensive as wearing blackface.
please explain
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@3RU7AL
If I had say a hero that was black and I tried to look like him many would be offended. Being a tranny is basically the blackface of gender
Kritikal
Kritikal
-->
@3RU7AL
I disagree, conservatives put a far higher value on the biological sex of an individual rather than their perceived gender. This is why they believe that males should compete in male sports regardless of their perceived gender, and hold other such beliefs that are tied directly to sex and not to a social perception of gender. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
My pronouns are he/him, and I have no clue what you guys are talking about.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
But yeah, I suggest replacing the "gender" section of the profile with "pronouns". Some people have "she/them" pronouns or so and to refer to them as "her" would be wrong. In such a environment where people do talk to each other, by words, I believe this is something needed to be made clear.

Then once again, if one really wishes to be unknown, they can put "unknown" or something idk.
Bones
Bones
-->
@3RU7AL
why do you need "acknowledgement" of such a thing ?
Acknowledging isn't asking for much, especially when regarding truth. 
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
You are just stating your opinions as bare facts without properly responding to anything I said. If you want to know my response to what you said then you can just read my posts that you were responding to again.
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@Bones
What facts are you referring to? I can refer to someone as "she / her" while fully acknowledging the biological facts e.g. about their chromosomes.

rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@Kritikal
I do not even need to make a prediction about the future, just look at Lia Thomas who is a so called 'trans gendered woman' but is allowed to compete in female sports as if she had changed her sex.
I primarily consider these as wedge issues, e.g. bathrooms, women's sports, etc. For the most part, the issue of trans identity is a problem of personal choice, however there are these fringe situations where normalization of trans conflicts with our other intuitions. It benefits the conservative side of this to focus on these problems as unsurpassable contradictions, however it is entirely possible to resolve them in a relatively straightforward and pragmatic way, deferring to relevant authorities or localizing the relevant decisions where possible. For example, even assuming that we were to completely ban trans women from women's sports, or to disallow them from women's bathrooms (which I'm not saying is necessary) this would not entail negating the validity of trans women's identity as a whole. However, in my opinion it is more likely that these become ongoing cultural debates along the lines of abortion - and to claim that the issues of women's bathrooms or sports are so serious as to warrant negating trans identity or pronouns entirely, it would be along the same lines as to claim that the abortion issue is so serious that we should condemn all premarital sex.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Just observations.

Gender is fast becoming the new religion.

Light entertainment is certainly now the realm of biodiversity.

And heterosexuality is fast becoming the new perversion.....Unless it's ethnically diverse of course.

Advertising is currently very keen on the stereotypical butch/femme L couple (not aggressive looking  butch fatties though, but more of a stylised hair and clothing thing), for promoting  progressive lifestyle commodities. Also with quite a strong emphasis on ethnic diversity.

And the above, may only apply locally to Western Liberal style societies.

Be diverse, have fun.
Bones
Bones
-->
@rbelivb
Why refer to someone as "she" if the totality of their biology correlates with male? 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@rbelivb
Which part of that, did you mistakenly believe was not a fact?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
If I had say a hero that was black and I tried to look like him many would be offended. Being a tranny is basically the blackface of gender
do you have any examples of large numbers of women being outraged that some men wear skirts ?

or are you saying that you, personally, are outraged
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@3RU7AL
Are you trying to say blackface is wrong merely because it pisses people off?

The truth is there are a lot of women who are offended by the tranny black facing their gender. They are called TERFs. They are also 100% correct and persecuted for wrong think
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Bones
Why refer to someone as "she" if the totality of their biology correlates with male? 
there are women who are "biologically female" and still look very much like men and are commonly mistaken for men

there are men who are "biologically male" and still look very much like women and are commonly mistaken for women

you can't really know

unless you get a biopsy and conduct a strip search

BUT THIS REALLY REALLY REALLY BEGS THE QUESTION OF WHY YOU THINK ANY OF THIS IS "IMPORTANT"
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Are you trying to say blackface is wrong merely because it pisses people off?
do you have some sort of counter-argument perhaps ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The truth is there are a lot of women who are offended by the tranny black facing their gender. They are called TERFs. They are also 100% correct and persecuted for wrong think
these are clearly in the minority
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Kritikal
I disagree, conservatives put a far higher value on the biological sex of an individual rather than their perceived gender. This is why they believe that males should compete in male sports regardless of their perceived gender, and hold other such beliefs that are tied directly to sex and not to a social perception of gender. 
i personally know females who are commonly mistaken for males

and it's ALWAYS the "conservatives" who complain that they use the female public washroom

this proves that "conservatives" are more interested in their own PERCEPTION OF OTHER PEOPLE'S GENDER than "the reality of the situation"

It is important to maintain a constant awareness of and vigilant respect of our epistemological limits.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@3RU7AL
these are clearly in the minority
You asked if there were a lot of women outraged, not if most women were outraged. I assume most N words are perfectly fine with black face TBH
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@rbelivb
It benefits the conservative side of this to focus on these problems as unsurpassable contradictions, however it is entirely possible to resolve them in a relatively straightforward and pragmatic way,
simply impose weight classes (like in boxing and wrestling) instead of dividing sports by gender in the first place

and as far as bathrooms, as long as the individual is not actually committing an actual crime (like assault or "indecent exposure") then who the fuck cares what they look like naked, everyone is already in a goddamned privacy stall for christ sake
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
strangely, SOCIAL CONVENTIONS have always been a MOB RULE kinda situation
Bones
Bones
-->
@3RU7AL
there are women who are "biologically female" and still look very much like men and are commonly mistaken for men

there are men who are "biologically male" and still look very much like women and are commonly mistaken for women
There are also guys who look like Chewbacca yet no ones confused over their species. 

BUT THIS REALLY REALLY REALLY BEGS THE QUESTION OF WHY YOU THINK ANY OF THIS IS "IMPORTANT"
I'll say what I said before, and that is oughtn't it be the priority of society to first  what is most accurate and then act in accordance with it? 

Kritikal
Kritikal
-->
@rbelivb
 primarily consider these as wedge issues,
Whether they are wedge issues or not, they create serious problems that result from gender ideology. I could also claim almost anything is a wedge issue, what about pronouns, 'hate speech' laws, the very concept of truth, or just the rhetoric we use. 

however it is entirely possible to resolve them in a relatively straightforward and pragmatic way, deferring to relevant authorities or localizing the relevant decisions where possible.
They tried that in Loudoun county when they allowed trans men to use the womans bathroom in schools, and the expected result happened when a trans man  raped a girl. These issues cannot simply be solved through localized federalism just as you can not legalize murder in some areas of the country, but not others. Likewise on the sports issue this can not be solved because sports occur on the national level, what happens in regional tournaments where two localities disagree?

this would not entail negating the validity of trans women's identity as a whole
That is exactly what it would do, you are either a real women or a fake women. There is a reason that you are not supposed to call a trans woman a trans women, but they just want to be called a women. It is not like you can be a women in one context, but not in another one. By saying someone is not a women in one context you do negate the validity of transgenderism. 

it would be along the same lines as to claim that the abortion issue is so serious that we should condemn all premarital sex.
Considering STDs, the single motherhood rate, and the over 60 million abortions that have been committed since Roe v Wade, I am perfectly willing to condemn all premarital sex.