January 6th Hearings

Author: Double_R

Total: 655
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
Curious to know what everyone's thoughts are. I'm also curious to know what Trump supporters think about the idea that he should be president again despite the evidence clearly showing his violation of his oath of office.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
There were hearings?
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Double_R
I'm glued to the screen, honestly. Surprised me to hear Ivanka come out on Bill Barr's side. The Sean Hannity texts also surprised me. All I've been hearing since 2020 is what Trump's supporters said publicly, and hearing the truth of how much dissension they felt privately is kind of throwing me. I guess I really thought they believed Trump absolutely. I feel almost like I did when I found out Mother Teresa died an unbeliever. "Whaaat? But... you said..."

Why political insincerity is so surprising to me in this case, when it never is in any other case, I have no idea.

Sadly, the people who most need to see these hearings probably will not, since Fox won't air them.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Castin
Sadly, the people who most need to see these hearings probably will not, since Fox won't air them.
They probably want to hear shows about inflation since 36% of Americans say it's the most important issue.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
It’s political theater. Selective editing. Opportunism. There are more pressing matters Americans are facing than this partisan show.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
They probably want to hear shows about inflation since 36% of Americans say it's the most important issue.
The ratings have been garbage lol. They really expect this to be a winning issue for the midterms when people literally cannot afford gas. Out of touch with reality. It’s funny. Trump is more popular today than he was on J6
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
If you hate Trump, go buy an electric vehicle.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Granholme admitted gas prices will continue to rise through the 2022 midterms. RIP Democrats.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
If you hate Trump, go buy an electric vehicle.
Russia, Impeachment #1, Impeachment #2, 25 Amendment, now 14th Amendment. 

It’s pretty funny actually
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
The ratings have been garbage lol. 
 Nielsen Media Research estimates that at least 20 million households watched the first hearing on traditional television, comparable to the average rating for NBC Sunday Night Football, which ranks as television's number one program.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
That's it, buddy. Deflect, deflect, bob and weave, whatabout dis, whatabout DAT, whatabout whatabout.

God knows America can't have more than one crippling problem at once. We can't have inflation AND a dire threat to democracy.

You were wrong about Trump and you don't want to look at the full extent of your wrongness. J'accuse, my dear deflector in chief.

oromagi
oromagi

CHENEY:  In our country, we don’t swear an oath to an individual, or a political party. We take our oath to defend the United States Constitution. And that oath must mean something. Tonight, I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible: There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain.

Greyparrot:  Let's talk about something else, please.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
@oromagi
Nielsen Media Research estimates that at least 20 million households watched the first hearing on traditional television, comparable to the average rating for NBC Sunday Night Football, which ranks as television's number one program.
Looks like “democracy” is just as important as Sunday Night Football lmfaoo
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
Looks like “democracy” is just as important as Sunday Night Football lmfaoo
Looks like you forgot to apologize for manufacturing fake news.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Castin
That's it, buddy. Deflect, deflect, bob and weave, whatabout dis, whatabout DAT, whatabout whatabout.

God knows America can't have more than one crippling problem at once. We can't have inflation AND a dire threat to democracy.
J6 Committee lost all credibility when Pelosi rejected GOP appointees. It’s a political charade. Nothing more. It’s a selective portrayal of events. Why don’t they release everything unedited. Including the 40,000 hours of video from J6, which is still hidden. If you care about the truth, you should want to see everything.

You were wrong about Trump and you don't want to look at the full extent of your wrongness. J'accuse, my dear deflector in chief.
Lol
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Looks like you forgot to apologize for manufacturing fake news.
Ratings are garbage for a supposed threat to democracy. Idk why you thought that was supposedly a flex
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
Idk why you thought that was supposedly a flex
We can  agree that you don't know why.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
We can  agree that you don't know why.
I mean you’re the one comparing football to a “groundbreaking affront to democracy, not me.”

You’re implying it is just as important as Sunday Night Football. Aka horrible ratings lmaoo
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
CHENEY:  In our country, we don’t swear an oath to an individual, or a political party. We take our oath to defend the United States Constitution. And that oath must mean something. Tonight, I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible: There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain.
Liz Cheney will be irrelevant in T-1 five months. At least it’ll be the end of the Bush-Cheney dynasty. Good riddance
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Castin
@ILikePie5

whatabout whatabout.

God knows America can't have more than one crippling problem at once.
You just summed up why everyday people are tuning out Democrats. Normal Americans use "whatabout" to establish normal standards, which the Democrats have failed to embrace for the past 6 years. 

The Democrats are cought up in this postmodern fantasyland where there are no standards (they can't even define a woman for fuck's sake) and the only truth that matters is their truth. (they literally tried to establish a truth ministry)
They want to believe that every crisis has equal value whether it is Jan 6 or 6 dollar gasoline.

But that just is not how people live life. In a world where whataboutism and standards exist, (you know, the rational world before orangemanbad) there are clear priorities based on clear standards. An average American isn't going to care about "threats to Democracy" when his quality of life is going down the toilet. You want Democracy, you have to earn it, and so far, Americans say the current state of Democracy in DC just isn't worth it. 

And Biden has the gall to be upset on Jimmy Kimmel Live that the media isn't gaslighting like they used to. SMH
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
It's not like anyone is gaslighting the people about the massive importance of inflation either. Quite the opposite. 

An Average American doesn't need CNN or FOX to tell them that. So much for whataboutism.

36% say it is the number one pressing issue. Whatabout that? You can answer that question in a post Democrat world without getting cancelled.
FLRW
FLRW

So essentially, a low IQ con man made up a story and Worm Man believed him.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Americans have short memories in terms of politics. Most people tune out for 2-4 years until it’s time to vote again. How long have we heard “Trump is a threat to democracy?”
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Double_R
Well, I'm not a Trump supporter,
But I don't think Democracy was on the edge of a knife, myself.

I think I don't care for Trump,
But the Left worries me more.
lady3keys
lady3keys
-->
@ILikePie5
J6 Committee lost all credibility when Pelosi rejected GOP appointees. It’s a political charade. Nothing more. It’s a selective portrayal of events.
That isn't the way things played out at all.

1.  It was SUPPOSED to be bipartisan! The Republicans voted it down. They DID NOT want any investigation into things they knew were seditious.

2.  At this point, Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House, decided to exercise her right to begin her own investigation into Jan. 6th. 

3.  She was under NO obligation to include Republicans. But nonetheless, she asked them to voluntarily submit names.

4.  Not wanting to participate at all, and yet still wanting to derail the committee, Kevin McCarthy submitted names with an OBVIOUS CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

5.  Nancy, as would any judge, rejected the conflict of interest candidates. And yet, she still put two very conservative Republicans on the committee. 

CONCLUSION: Republicans had EVERY chance to fully participate in this process. They chose to vote it down and then to select only candidates that would sabotage the effort -- if for no other reason than their own individual guilt.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Greyparrot
@ILikePie5
As far as I can tell, no one here is denying that inflation is a problem for Americans. But this thread is not about inflation. It's not about Biden. It's not about transgenderism. It's not about gas prices. Frankly, it's not about anything that you want to talk about.

Go to a different thread if you want to discuss those issues. This thread is about hearings which investigate what was arguably the greatest threat to American democracy in the nation's history. If you don't want to talk about that, then you're honestly part of the problem.

Just don't fuck off from the subforum entirely, because seeing oromagi destroy you gives me a dopamine hit. You're very valuable to me in that regard.
Castin
Castin
Whoops, I didn't mean to @ you in that last post of mine, Pie. My bad.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 no one here is denying that inflation is a problem for Americans
No. This thread is full of Democrats that deny Inflation is "THE pressing problem" right now. It's not just some postmodern abstraction of "a problem"
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@lady3keys
That isn't the way things played out at all.

1.  It was SUPPOSED to be bipartisan! The Republicans voted it down. They DID NOT want any investigation into things they knew were seditious.
Democrats didn’t want Benghazi either, but  the GOP let Pelosi choose which members she wanted on the select committee.

2.  At this point, Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House, decided to exercise her right to begin her own investigation into Jan. 6th. 
Sure.

3.  She was under NO obligation to include Republicans. But nonetheless, she asked them to voluntarily submit names.
Yes and Kevin McCarthy gave a list consisting of Rodney Davis, Jim Banks, Jim Jordan, Troy añejos, and Kelly Armstrong.

4.  Not wanting to participate at all, and yet still wanting to derail the committee, Kevin McCarthy submitted names with an OBVIOUS CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
What? Like who and how? 

5.  Nancy, as would any judge, rejected the conflict of interest candidates. And yet, she still put two very conservative Republicans on the committee. 
You mean biased anti-Trump Republicans. Talk about conflict of interest. Kinzinger and Cheney literally voted to impeach him. How can they conduct a fair and impartial investigation when they already voted him guilty lmfaooo.

CONCLUSION: Republicans had EVERY chance to fully participate in this process. They chose to vote it down and then to select only candidates that would sabotage the effort -- if for no other reason than their own individual guilt.
Categorically false.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
 How long have we heard “Trump is a threat to democracy?”
About 6 years,