Gasp Prices and Inflation

Author: Double_R

Total: 196
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@CoolApe
Do you think oil producers are speculating right now on oil prices? 
You have this concept backwards. Oil pricers are speculating right now on oil producers.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I filled my tank for 65 dollars yesterday. Let’s Go Brandon
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@CoolApe
We don't really need a miraculous breakthrough.

What we require is common sense over profit.....Yep I know, that's asking a lot.

The SUN bombards with 174 quadrillion watts of energy every day.....More than enough.

As a species we've developed a temporary obsession with fossil fuels, relative to our obsessive social need for energy, all relative to material evolution.

Petrol heads will soon become extinct, I guess.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
Everything we do is for profit. From the first teat suckle to the final coffin nail.

If we could get milk and coffin nails directly from the sun, people would find a way to make a living off of it.

Or, we can use common sense and go back to slicing whales open to provide light in the dark.
CoolApe
Debates: 0
CoolApe
-->
@zedvictor4
The productivity of the economy is dependent on having cheap and abundant energy. The amount of wealth a country produces is correlated with its energy consumption.  The problem is that the viability of renewable energy depends on having fossil fuels that free up those resources that make them.  Currently, renewables are not cheap enough to replace fossil fuels completely. If it was cheaper, it would of have already happened. Large scale profitability is the biggest determinate of economic sustainability.  We can't simply ignore profit which determines in a lot of cases sustainable resource allocation. When I said "miraculous", I did not mean impossible but remote and futuristic. In twenty years, I think the probability of commercial fusion power and completely fossil free cars will exist. That is if don't in the meanwhile ruin the economy to the point that we can't do normal things.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
True.

But I'm not sure how sustainable whales are, given the increased demand for energy these days.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@CoolApe
For sure.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that things will change appropriately, relative to social demand and availability. And social demand will slowly include the desire for sustainability, as old ideas die out and new ideas are transferred to the next generation.

But more importantly things will change, relative to the inevitability of material evolution. The process of everything, if you like.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Funny how the libs have gone quiet. They really don’t want to do anything about inflation
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Why would they. Democrat party is the party of the ultra rich, and inflation is helping them build a caste nation.

Gas for me but not for thee.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@CoolApe
 In twenty years, I think the probability of commercial fusion power and completely fossil free cars will exist.
Well, at least in China it will.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Well, at least in China it will.
That's because China won the war with Global Warming and they have no restrictions on energy production from any source.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
 Chinese researchers have stated that Beijing expects to begin commercial fusion power generation around 2050.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
China accounts for 60% of global EV production, and is emerging as the world's factory for EVs having already secured the same position in digital product manufacturing. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@FLRW
Stop being a China apologist just to one-up a right-winger.

China pollutes more than many countries put together and treats its poor like dirt making them drink from polluted wells and suffer radiation with zero compensation.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@RationalMadman
Lol, he is agreeing with me. There is no one-up. An energy deregulated nation like China which burns more coal than any nation on the planet can only prosper.

Fun fact, USA is the only nation in the Paris accords to meet the restrictions on energy production. What a scam.
USA clearly lost the energy wars.

China pollutes more than many countries put together and treats its poor like dirt making them drink from polluted wells and suffer radiation with zero compensation.
This is true.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
China accounts for 60% of global EV production, and is emerging as the world's factory for EVs having already secured the same position in digital product manufacturing. 

Most of which (about 99%) are traded to other nations in exchange for Coal and Oil. I think the latest statistic cited 5 million Chinese drive eclectic cars out of 1.6 Billion (0.8% of the population).

What a scam if you bought one.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
When China buys the USA after it goes into bankruptcy, I hope China will make me one of the rulers of it's new Provinces.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
When China buys the USA after it goes into bankruptcy, I hope China will make me one of the rulers of it's new Provinces.
Only if you supported China Joe.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Well, you know that I do.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
And I'm glad he got our debt up to $30 trillion. Thanks Biden and Trump. Well, at least Trump got himself a $300 million tax break.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Build China Better.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
When I was in Graduate School taking a course in Quantum Mechanics, our group was broken down into groups of 5 for the final exam. We had to solve a very complex problem (I don't remember what is was, as it was 47 years ago). Myself and 3 others had no ideea how to solve the problem. The 5th member was Chinese
and said he could write a paper solving the problem for us. We said great. He was correct and we all got an A , thanks to him.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
When I was in Graduate School taking a course in Quantum Mechanics, our group was broken down into groups of 5 for the final exam. We had to solve a very complex problem (I don't remember what is was, as it was 47 years ago). Myself and 3 others had no ideea how to solve the problem. The 5th member was Chinese
and said he could write a paper solving the problem for us. We said great. He was correct and we all got an A , thanks to him.

Congrats on being an academic liability with stolen honors.

I remember long ago doing a group project where I did all the work, I ratted out everyone on my team in private to the professor.

I got an A while the other 3 got a C. I lied and told them I got a C too.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
 A new memoir by Donald Trump's niece alleges he paid a proxy to take his SAT in the 1960s.    OMG, I'm a Trump.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Make FLRW great again.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@FLRW
And I'm glad he got our debt up to $30 trillion. Thanks Biden and Trump. Well, at least Trump got himself a $300 million tax break.
Funny how he’s the only present to go down in net worth
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Funny how he’s the only present to go down in net worth
You only make money as a president when you are doing illegal things.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Double_R
1. Oil companies set oil prices not the president of the United States. To think otherwise is to misunderstand who is actually in charge of this country.

2. Biden made a request for the oil companies not to gouge the American people and the oil companies ignored this polite suggestion. History shows that corporations only adopt ethical buisness practices when they are forced too. Biden would have had to do more than request if he was serious about lowering fuel prices and I would not take you seriously if you suggested that he did not realize this.

3. Nothing. Trump is if anything an even bigger supporter of big oil. Process under the trump administration would be equally high (you might argue even higher but again the president of the United states does not set gas prices.)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@secularmerlin
History shows that corporations only adopt ethical buisness practices when they are forced too.
Fine, impose Carter era price controls on fuel and watch the circus. That would be hilarious to watch that history repeat.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Greyparrot
History shows that corporations only adopt ethical buisness practices when they are forced too.
Fine, impose Carter era price controls on fuel and watch the circus. That would be hilarious to watch that history repeat.
I have not actually proposed such a thing. You are trying to defeat an argument no one has made. 

My observations of the unethical buisness practices of corporations are just that. Observations not suggestions.