Bodily Autonomy

Author: Danielle

Total: 329
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@DebateAllDaTings
I've been outside in snow storms as have everyone I know, we are all still alive.
For example, even though hypothermia can set in when temperatures are as high as 50 degrees Fahrenheit, many cities don’t open the doors to their winter shelters until temperatures hit freezing or below. In Des Moines, as the National Coalition for the Homeless pointed out, temperatures have to drop all the way to 20 degrees, and in Baltimore it needs to hit 13 degrees with wind chill before winter shelter procedures are put in effect.

so, there is no moral obligation to prevent human suffering and hypothermia

only a moral obligation to prevent nearly certain death

got it
DebateAllDaTings
Debates: 2
DebateAllDaTings
-->
@3RU7AL
“so, there is no moral obligation to prevent human suffering and hypothermia”

That’s not what I said, that is yet another assumptive straw-man from you.

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
And you listen to me, a baby or a woman? Which has lived less of its life and is worse to abuse and/or murder? Stop for a second and think.
I dont get your point. All murder is horrific and if you think murder is not horrific your incorrect. Block me Rat-man

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@bmdrocks21
That’s what I’ve been saying this entire time but you seem dead set on contradicting this statement

When and where have I contradicted your statement? All murder is horrific.

Your entire post is nothing but unsubstantiated pontificating. Especially “I'm speaking a truth to you, that you dont want to hear” and calling everyone who disagrees with abortion a ‘virtual rapist’

Yeah, that is a truth, that, you and they dont want to hear.  It is a descripitive truth about identifying what it is you are and doing to the pregnant woman. What part of those three words do you not grasp or not concede to being?

I’m not going to waste my time responding again. It’s nothing but the same few words that you’ve already said but rearranged. You’ve shown a frightful inability to engage in a coherent conversation.
YOur the one now showing desire to run from the descriptive truth, not me, of what you are. You and your type are perverted virtual rapist. Read my lips/text.  You, and all rapist, virtual or not, are perverts, because their desire to stick their nose or other anatomy into a pregnant womans bodily business, without her consent.

Liberals love to criticize religion, but I’ve never met any fundamentalist that can be so annoyingly dogmatic as a true believer in your secular cult
Read my lipt/ text and not your false narrative. Ive critizized the partriarchal bible and its fundamentalist ways of thought that lead to this misscarriage of justice towards pregnant women and their right to not have their bodily business invaded by busy body nose, without her consent.

Now read that back to me and address this perversion by you and others to stick your virtual nose into pregnants womans bodily business without her consent. Your sic-n-head is what you are.

Thank you for reinvigorating my skepticism of “one man one vote.

Huh? What nonsense are you going on about now. My guess it has nothing to do with the truths Ive laid out clearly about you and your type, and you want to run from. Shame on you.

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
That's fine. I can live in a world that can never go back to the days of Roe just because some fringe people don't want to collaborate on legislation everyone can agree on.
Lol here we go again... I explained to you five times now that "the days of Roe" allow 6 week abortion bans with this radical court. You have no  answer. Just like you have no answer on to how to overcome the filibuster,  and you have no answer  on which Republicans will agree to codify abortion until viability.  

I assure you "hrr drr drr fringe Democrats" sounds stupid as fuck as a comeback to a point about how no other Republicans have signed on to the Republican abortion bill.  I get that you have nothing to say in response to these points, but there's no need to make yourself sound like a bumbling idiot either.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
That's fine. I can live in a world that can never go back to the days of Roe just because some fringe people don't want to collaborate on legislation everyone can agree on. Go ahead with your bad self taking victory laps on never having Roe codified because it sucked to begin with.

What sucks is your Orange-Grey-parrot preference for  back alley abortions instead of Roe vs wade in place. Your type people are disgusting perverted virtual rapist, that, come from a long line of partricarchal, biblical based, fundementlist who have little value in a rationaly humane society that has empathy and compassion for pregnant women and their circusmstances.

Go suck on a the nipple of a bible and dont bother to say more about Roe until you can get the partriarch washed off your stinky attitude towards pregnant women. Please.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
no other Republicans have signed on to the Republican abortion bill
That is weird, and I guess it explains why Schumer proposed the poison pill version knowing anything was going to be  shot down as the midterms roll up.

Maybe next year people can sit down and have peace talks.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@DebateAllDaTings
“so, there is no moral obligation to prevent human suffering and hypothermia”

That’s not what I said, that is yet another assumptive straw-man from you.
what, if any, personal moral responsibility do you have, to open your home to a stranger in a snow-storm ?
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Maybe next year people can sit down and have peace talks.

I hope you are right, but I really don't see it. I'm not challenging you on this so "I can be right and you can be wrong." I just really think without Dems winning the midterms there is no viable path to securing  abortion rights until viability like Roe was supposed to protect. Politically there is just no reason for Republicans to agree to that at all. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Danielle
there is zero chance the democrats are going to fix this
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
I'm not challenging you on this so "I can be right and you can be wrong."
You are my favorite devil's advocate on this site. NEVER CHANGE!
DebateAllDaTings
Debates: 2
DebateAllDaTings
-->
@3RU7AL
How morally obligated I am to help depends on how many options this person has if I decline.

If there are other houses around that might help him, homeless shelters, or a Walmart near by where he can buy a coat then I am not nearly as morally obligated compared to if I was his ONLY route to not suffering horribly or dying.

It all depends on whether I am the *only* option or not.

A mother is morally obligated to not kill her child because she is the *only* option this child has to survive.

I don’t know how this conversation got shifted to my relationship to someone else’s child.

The whole point is that the mother is morally obligated not have an abortion. Period.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@DebateAllDaTings
It all depends on whether I am the *only* option or not.
this is perfect
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@3RU7AL
Yeah, there's nothing  Dems can do at this point. The idea of Republicans legislating the right to abortion until fetal viability is pure fantasy. 

Danielle
Danielle
I can't believe how crazy things are and we're only just getting started. By now everyone's heard about the 10 year old rape victim that had to travel across state lines to receive an abortion. The doctor who performed it is getting a lot of backlash (can you imagine). 

There's also the woman in TX who miscarried (allegedly self-induced) and was initially charged with murder which got some national attention. She went to the hospital and shared information with her medical provider that led to them calling the authorities on her. Of course this is going to lead to people being wary of what kind of information they share with their doctors going forward, even if it's potentially life-saving information. Is that the goal of "pro lifers" or is it just to delay women's abortions so the babies are further along by the time women are able to get one? 

Anyway then there was that other TX woman who was forced to carry around a dead fetus inside of her for two weeks, because apparently conditions around the state's abortion ban are unclear. I mean yo what kind of fuckery is this shit in a 2022 first world country? 

I am disgusted by this backwards ass Court and people shirking the significance of this ruling.  I actually donated to Stacey Abrams last night (ugh) just because I got so annoyed that Georgia's six week abortion ban went into effect yesterday.  I had to put my phone down before I started going state by state and mindlessly giving money to Democrats, which is not at all what I would like to be doing with my money.  

But women should not be losing their right to choose before they even know they're pregnant. And  rural states like GA which are more likely to implement early bans already have shitty medical care. More than half the counties in Georgia don't even have an OBGYN, and now women in that state will have to travel over 200 miles to get an abortion. Who knows for how much longer that will even be an option considering  opponents are wanting to make it illegal to cross state lines for a procedure (IN-SANE!).

A citizen's right to bodily autonomy should not be determined by the state we live in. The states should not be able to vote on whether or not people can cross state lines for a medical procedure either. Ya'll anti-choicers are  crazy.  Does anyone want to debate the constitutional right to abortion? I'm asking here because I don't want some rando to accept and start screeching about "murder." I don't want to debate the morality of abortion; I want to discuss the extent to which this issue should be left to the states to decide. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Danielle
Of course this is going to lead to people being wary of what kind of information they share with their doctors going forward, even if it's potentially life-saving information.
bingo

good luck finding a priest

they seem to be the only ones not required by law to rat you out for any and all suspected criminal behaviors
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@3RU7AL
Yeah and priests will probably dole out a more reasonable punishment. One Hail Mary for every week the fetus was alive. That seems fair.
badger
badger
My favourite part of this thread was bdmrocks likening having sex to mystical powers. Bunch of shut-in virgins moralising about sex and the same clowns are filling their socks with life essence every night.

Not gonna lie, I cannot remember the last time I wore a condom lol. Done a lot of daydreaming of kicking women in their bellies day after. Am I a good person? No. Life on earth is a great tidal wave of rampant sex and death. An unwanted pregnancy is potentially a life sentence for some girl makes an all too human mistake. And the guy with her.

If you don't get it, don't know what to tell you. Yes, every girl you ever have sex with will want to abort your ugly child. Have a look into your sock and ponder eternity.  

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@badger
My favourite part of this thread was bdmrocks likening having sex to mystical powers. Bunch of shut-in virgins moralising about sex and the same clowns are filling their socks with life essence every night.
Looks like the Canadian education system failed you, as you can neither guess nor spell well.

Also, again, what is it with shitlibs and constantly fantasizing about everyone else’s sex life?

Every issue from guns to abortion, you all somehow make the connection to either penis, sex, or both lmao

badger
badger
-->
@bmdrocks21
Because it's funny shit. And we get gems like Ben Shapiro admitting to the world he's never made his wife wet and all the weird ass gay sex scandals coming from ardent opponents to homosexuality. You're a squeamish, repressed group of people and this is grownup talk.

Which part did I get wrong? For the kicks. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@badger
Which part did I get wrong? For the kicks.
shut-in virgins 

filling their socks with life essence

Source: trust me, bro

You're a squeamish, repressed group of people and this is grownup talk.
The absence of perversion is not squeamishness.
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@bmdrocks21
Badger is Irish I thought, where did you get Canadian?
badger
badger
-->
@bmdrocks21
The absence of perversion is not squeamishness.

Yes it is. Read a Dr.Franklin post sometime. He substitutes panic attacks for orgasms without a doubt. I feel like I'll catch agoraphobia reading his posts. 

There's no politics in any of this if not for squeamishness. 
badger
badger
Flat earth, antivaxx, climate change denial, creationism vs. evolution in schools, sex education for kids. That's your conservative politics. A bunch of silly weird shit from people afraid of everything. Gay sex is a crisis. It is some weird shit. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
@RM

Oh maybe he is. I thought somewhere I saw Canadian a long time ago. And I had a discussion regarding Canadian politics a lil while back and referred to Trudeau as his PM. Didn’t say anything contrary to that.

Also, I’d expect his conduct from a Leaf 
badger
badger

Just found this on reddit. It really is funny shit. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@badger

Not gonna lie, I cannot remember the last time I wore a condom lol. Done a lot of daydreaming of kicking women in their bellies day after. Am I a good person? No. Life on earth is a great tidal wave of rampant sex and death. An unwanted pregnancy is potentially a life sentence for some girl makes an all too human mistake. And the guy with her.

If you don't get it, don't know what to tell you. Yes, every girl you ever have sex with will want to abort your ugly child. Have a look into your sock and ponder eternity.  

This is your best post.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@badger
This is your best post.
You just gonna let her insult your intelligence like that?

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Danielle
Does anyone deny that we have a constitutional right to bodily autonomy, or does anyone feel that we shouldn't have this right?
I do, because it's not a "constitutional" right; it's a moral right, which contrary to your sensibilities, must precede all legal interpretations. Otherwise, it's just a system of arbitrary rules.