There is no such thing as an Atheists.

Author: Grugore

Total: 518
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@janesix
We don't. But God did give us a conscience.
Ok, it sound like, in practical terms, we decide for ourselves.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@3RU7AL
Live for vanity or live for Truth.

That is really the decision.

God gives a peace that surpasses understanding.

Vanity will ultimately lead to suffering and unfulfilment.

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@EtrnlVw
The one thing I cannot stand the most is when other people put words in my mouth or claim things about me I never said and do not believe. A post like this only serves to anger people. The best way to handle it is to speak for yourself and argue atheist concerns, you cross the line when you begin to tell people what they think and believe. 
Love.....would really be the only way to build bridges, I'm not talking about pretending like there are no problems but posts like these have the opposite effect of what we really want, which is for the individual to make spiritual progress. This takes a lot of work and time but certainly you can create a more genuine original topic with all the wonderful things about the Creator to discuss?
I think atheists in general have had enough verbal beat downs, maybe it's time we raise the bar and treat people with mutual respect regardless of what they believe. In the end, you will be happy that you did. 
gph.to/2BioE8R

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Atheist definitely don't think gods exist. 
 I believe gods plural existed, at one time.   But left here thousands of years ago after some great catastrophe.

For the gods have abandoned us
like migrating birds they have gone.
Ur is destroyed, bitter is its lament
The country's blood now fills its holes like hot bronze in a mould.
Bodies dissolve like fat in the sun. Our temple is destroyed.
Smoke lies on our city like a shroud.
Blood flows as the river does
the lamenting of men and women
sadness abounds.

From M Wood TV Documentary Legacy - The Origins of Civilization 1991

Interesting that they say "like birds", don't you think? The area itself, is strewn to this day, with crushed, burnt, and blackened rocks: they contain highly unusual ration of isotope uranium-235, indicating in expert opinions exposure to “sudden immense heat of nuclear origin"

They may have left some mixed race/half god progeny in the form of 'royals' . But I have no evidence for that, Poly   
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
So the aliens did it

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@3RU7AL
The choice may not necessarily be what you do, but how you will in doing what you do.  
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Mopac

Live for vanity or live for Truth.

That is really the decision.

God gives a peace that surpasses understanding.

Vanity will ultimately lead to suffering and unfulfilment.
I have one question for you,

Do you think you can tell,

Heaven from Hell?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Plisken
The choice may not necessarily be what you do, but how you will in doing what you do.
What?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
So the aliens did it.
You tell me. I  have been taught that anything coming down /descending to our planet Earth from outside our atmosphere  would be called "alien". I am sure you agree.

Some texts speak of "god's coming down" or "descending" and ascending. This is sometimes, to some. simply means coming from a high place such as a mountain. Some believe it to mean the North or the Northern hemisphere.  Some say the high place is "heaven" or "the heavens" such as all of those many biblical verses.

So instead of your sarcasm why not open your mind a little bit further and see if you can work out from the biblical verses where these gods are coming from and let us all know. 

The LORDcame down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built.
Genesis 11:7

"Come,let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they will notunderstand one another's speech."
Exodus 19:11

and letthem be ready for the third day, for on the third day the LORD will come downon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.
Exodus 19:20

The LORDcame down on Mount Sinai, to the top of the mountain; and the LORD called Mosesto the top of the mountain, and Moses went up.
Exodus 34:5

The LORDdescended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name ofthe LORD.
Exodus 19:18

Now MountSinai was all in smoke because the LORD descended upon it in fire; and itssmoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quakedviolently.
2 Samuel 22:10

"Hebowed the heavens also, and came down With thick darkness under His feet.
Psalm 18:9

He bowedthe heavens also, and came down With thick darkness under His feet.
Isaiah 64:3

When Youdid awesome things which we did not expect, You came down, the mountains quakedat Your presence.
Psalm 144:5

Bow Yourheavens, O LORD, and come down; Touch the mountains, that they may smoke.
Isaiah 64:1
Verse Concepts
Oh, thatYou would rend the heavens and come down, That the mountains might quake atYour presence--
Proverbs 30:4

Who hasascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Whohas wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of theearth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know!
1 Thessalonians 4:16

For theLord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of thearchangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
Hosea 11:4

Forbehold, the LORD is coming forth from His place He will come down and tread onthe high places of the earth.
Psalm 113:6
Whohumbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth?
Mark 1:10

Immediatelycoming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like adove descending upon Him;
John 1:32

No one has ever gone into heaven except theone who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

For I have come down from heaven not to domy will but to do the will of him who sent me.

He whodescended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order tofill the whole universe.

For I came down from heaven, notto do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
I think you shouldn't make fun of theists with your silly story. And the Bible means nothing to my religion. Idiot. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think you shouldn't make fun of theists

I don't make fun of them although in watching some of them trying to explain what someone meant or was thinking over 2,000-6,000 years ago is comical at times and I do believe some of the theist here act like clowns.  

with your silly story. 

What silly story ,poly? It was you that brought "aliens" into the mix.
 You asked me a question,  I batted it back with biblical text and asked you to explain what you think is meant by those biblical verses concerning heaven.

And the Bible means nothing to my religion.
Well that is handy for you then, isn't it. 

Idiot. 

I have had two official warnings about calling someone and "idiot", have you?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Not had a single warning. Unless they are secret and you have been made privy to them. And you did say aliens which is just as smart or dumb as any theists story. The Bible is not for non Christians. Any idiot knows that. 
Stephen
Stephen
Not had a single warning.

Yet I have had two

Unless they are secret and you have been made privy to them.
I asked you if you had because I have HAD TWO and you called me "stupid". 

And you did say aliens

No, you said aliens first, You introduced "aliens" into this thread poly, not me..  SEE YOUR POST 35 ABOVE

Added: 11.20.18 12:06PM

--> @Stephen
So the aliens did it

The Bible is not for non Christians.

It is for anyone who decides to read it. They either believe it or they don't. I happen to believe it to be a book of ancient gods, a book of  the wars of those gods fought by men duped into fighting wars of gods who couldn't  live in peace amongst themselves because of the continued struggle for power. In other words a book of ancient history of gods and men and war. Try reading it.  Once you get past the creation story, the wars do not stop AT ALL! from beginning to end of the OT.

Any idiot knows that. 
See above poly. No need to keep referring to me as an "idiot". I am not. I just don't believe the bible as it has come down to us is a complete work. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
So you think Earthling few away? LOL yet theists are stupid. I don't care about the Bible. Your constant filling every post with it is stupid. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

So you think Earthling few away?

I haven't said that have I. do you actually read a post before you respond to it poly?

LOL yet theists are stupid.
Some are absolute fawning clowns, yes

I don't care about the Bible.

Yes , you have made that clear. i suppose it is a get out for you, as you cannot be questioned on something you haven't read or not interested in can you?  That would be unfair, wouldn't it?.
Your constant filling every post with it is stupid. 

With what. The thread is about atheists, This thread is in a Religion subforum. What else would you expect to be posted and discussed in a Religion subforumum ,poly?  
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
I haven't said that have I. do you actually read a post before you respond to it poly?
So the Earthlings didn't fly away and they aren't aliens. Sound theory.

Yes , you have made that clear. i suppose it is a get out for you, as you cannot be questioned on something you haven't read or not interested in can you?  That would be unfair, wouldn't it?.
The fact you think all theists have some stake in the Bible or should is beyond me. 
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Grugore
1) If atheists 'love their sin", why do we not see atheists acting distinctly worse than believers?

2)Are adherents of religions other than Christianity also 'loving their sin'?

Also, I think the cop/god comparison is interesting, but probably not for the reasons you intended. Comparing the role of god and the role of police officer suggests they are the same: human created functions.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
So the Earthlings didn't fly away and they aren't aliens. Sound theory.

I didn't say they did and I didn't say they are. You asked if they were aliens, not me. poly.  Go back and read my post 34

This is what I wrote:

I believe gods plural existed, at one time.   But left here thousands of years ago after some great catastrophe.

For the gods have abandoned us
like migrating birds they have gone.
Ur is destroyed, bitter is its lament
The country's blood now fills its holes like hot bronze in a mould.
Bodies dissolve like fat in the sun. Our temple is destroyed.
Smoke lies on our city like a shroud.
Blood flows as the river does
the lamenting of men and women
sadness abounds.

From M Wood TV Documentary Legacy - The Origins of Civilization 1991

Interesting that they say "like birds", don't you think?
So. it is the pole left on earth in UR mesopotamia who talk of the gods leaving/ flying away.

The fact you think all theists have some stake in the Bible or should is beyond me. 
 I suppose it would be "beyond you" poly. You don't have anything to do with it do you? you haven't read it have you? 

Theist do have a massive stake in the bible, It is their holy book, they swear by it and on it.  Simply start a thread and ask them yourself, but don't forget to ask them why they have a stake in the bible. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
There are more than just Christian theists. And you said the gods left. Idiot. 
Grugore
Grugore
It's really funny. Atheists are the only group that attacks something they swear doesn't exist.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Grugore
Do atheists exist or not?  
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Grugore
It's really funny. Atheists are the only group that attacks something they swear doesn't exist.

Do you feel atheists are attacking something? Also didn't you say there are no atheists? A little consistency please.
Grugore
Grugore
-->
@secularmerlin
I was referring to self-proclaimed atheists, you dolt.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Grugore
I'm glad you can hold an intelligent conversation without resorting to insults. That is a sign of maturity.
BrutalTruth
Debates: 2
BrutalTruth
-->
@Grugore
Why does anyone even respond to poly? He's very clearly a troll who only wants to get a reaction out of people. I mean no one is that stupid.

For that matter, why does anyone respond to Mopac? He thinks he can play word games to prove his god exists. He doesn't understand the concept of semantics, or how they're a logical fallacy. He's useless to engage on the topic of theism.

@Grugore

There is no valid evidence nor proof for the existence of a god or gods, therefore no, I do not know a god or gods exists/exist. Your claim is utterly ludicrous.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrutalTruth
I'm only useless to engage in because I'm the first person you've ever debated who actually has an understanding of theology.

But by all means, keep debating the children, heretics, and cranks if it makes you feel smart.

Stephen
Stephen
There are more than just Christian theists.

Yes there are, poly. Whats ya point?

And you said the gods left.

Yes I did say the GOD'S plural. 

Poly, your opening comment on this thread was at post 4 which read:

Forum posts: 295
Added: 11.19.18 04:31PM--> @Stephen
 Atheist definitely don't think gods exist". 
And in response to your comment, at post 4, I wrote: 

Notice that ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Poly? I said, the>>>>>>>>>>>>> GODS<<<<<<<<<<<<< left. NOT HUMANS  as you have begun to insist I said. 

Forum posts: 295
Added: 11.20.18 06:06PM 
--> @Stephen
So you think Earthling few away?

Idiot. 

How you first get "aliens" and then "humans" confused with the word " gods"  poly, I too find  idiotic.

Mopac
Mopac
Atheists take themselves as being God, that is why they say there are no gods. Competition, you know?

That is also why they embrace arbitrariness. This is more obvious in the ones who aren't very bright. Less so in those that don't speak enough to give themselves away.

But they really don't know what they are doing.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
I do not take myself as being God. I take myself as being a flawed human being.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Castin
Then you must believe in truth.

Well, here is some good news. The Truth is God.

You don't have to be an atheist anymore.

There is your good news for the day, fellow flawed human being.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."