There is no such thing as an Atheists.

Author: Grugore

Total: 518
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Mopac
I know your views on truth and God. What I do not know is why you've said that because I am an atheist I must see myself as God rather than the flawed human being that I am.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@BrutalTruth
WTF are you bring me into it for you dick weed. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Making fun of theists when you make up stupid crap is your bigotry not mine. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Grugore
It's really funny. Atheists are the only group that attacks something they swear doesn't exist.
Christians are the original atheists.

Before Christianity, primitive civilizations would argue about which gods were strongest.

"Our gods are stronger than your gods."

When the Christians came along, they insisted, "Your gods are imaginary, only our god is real".

You probably believe that Zeus and Shiva and Pangu and Marduk and Ahura Mazda are imaginary.

This technically makes you an atheist.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't really bother with the more frivolous supernatural possibilities.  The way I would simply put it is that only God is God.  Exclusivity or finality should be conveyed by Christian teachings.  Worshiping Zeus is idolatry whether or not Zeus exists and is defined as a god.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Plisken
Only to monotheists.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Grugore
Atheists attack theists. You better figure it out cause when they out number us the showers will start. 
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Mopac
Atheists take themselves as being God,
Silence, mortal.  ;-P
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Plisken
I don't really bother with the more frivolous supernatural possibilities.  The way I would simply put it is that only God is God.  Exclusivity or finality should be conveyed by Christian teachings.  Worshiping Zeus is idolatry whether or not Zeus exists and is defined as a god.
I don't really bother with the more frivolous supernatural possibilities (like "YHWH").  The way I would simply put it is that only Zeus is the most powerful of all gods.  Exclusivity or finality should be conveyed by Zeus' teachings.  Worshiping "YHWH" is idolatry whether or not "YHWH" exists and is defined as a god.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Making fun of theists when you make up stupid crap

What crap? I quoted the Sumerian scriptures and the Bible. I didn't make it up. I just happen to believe in  gods -  plural - as you do. 
But I also believe they also left this place altogether. You don't seem to believe what I believe , I can accept your opinion, poly. 

So do you think they are still here with us on the earth, poly?
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@3RU7AL
don't really bother with the more frivolous supernatural possibilities.  The way I would simply put it is that only God is God.  Exclusivity or finality should be conveyed by Christian teachings.  Worshiping Zeus is idolatry whether or not Zeus exists and is defined as a god.
I don't really bother with the more frivolous supernatural possibilities (like "YHWH").  The way I would simply put it is that only Zeus is the most powerful of all gods.  Exclusivity or finality should be conveyed by Zeus' teachings.  Worshiping "YHWH" is idolatry whether or not "YHWH" exists and is defined as a god.

You may do so if that's what you wish...I was meaning to refer to theoretical conversation pieces within Christianity.  Go back and read what it's in reply to if you'd like, post 64
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
They have never been on Earth or there would be proof they exist. You are so ignorant. And you keep quoting some religious scripture that has nothing to do with any other religion. You seem to think that the Greek gods or Norse gods have any relation to Sumerian scriptures and the Bible. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Plisken
I've never met a Christian who was capable of seriously entertaining the possibility that Zeus is the most powerful god and also, actually, really and truly exists.

It's like a native English speaker trying to convince a native Chinese speaker that the English language is vastly superior and by every logical measure the only language anyone should ever be taught around the world until the end of time.

And the native Chinese speaker makes the exact same argument in favor of the entire planet adopting the Chinese alphabet.

Your god is your language.

You decide it is best because you can't even imagine an alternative.

Often, simply because that is what you were taught as a child.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@3RU7AL
Yeah, Greek mythology bores the hell out of me, but Christians are saved by the loving grace of God through Jesus Christ

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Plisken
You are as big a bigot as an atheist. Jesus will not let you into heaven. 
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
What makes you say that, being a bigot as an athiest?

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Plisken
And a moron. Good job. 
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

Are you judging me or testing me?  
Is atheism rooted in bigotry?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
They have never been on Earth or there would be proof they exist.
Then where do or did they exits, if not on Earth, Poly?

You are so ignorant.
To many things I am ignorant, I would be silly to say I know everything, Poly. But ancient history and the bible I am well read on, of that you can be assured.

And you keep quoting some religious scripture that has nothing to do with any other religion.

That doesn’t quite make sense, no matter how many times I read it. I can only speak of the “religion/s”I do know about, Poly. Do you expect me to speak of things/religions I know nothing about?  Now that would be ignorant, and silly and stupid,  wouldn’t it?

You seem to think that the Greek gods or Norse Gods have any relation to Sumerian scriptures and the Bible. 

What makes you say that?I haven’t mentioned “Greek gods or Norse gods” ANYWHERE on the WHOLE of this site to my knowledge. Can you show me a quote of mine that proves what you have claimed about Me , poly?

The Sumerian gods and the biblical gods are the same gods. But you wouldn’t know that because you don't read the bible and I guess you do not read about ancient Sumerian history either.

I think it would be better if you found someone else to insult, Poly. You’re wasting your time with me.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Plisken
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Yes because you are monotheist idiot who thinks God flew away in a spaceship but wasn't an Earthling or an alien. 
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think earlier this year is the first time I've said "Athiest".  Unless we start talking about a communist regime that''s irradicating religious groups, I'm really not familiar at all with the conundrums people have except the few interactions I have on this website. 

Stephen
Stephen
Yes because you are monotheist idiot

No, Poly. I had said on this thread on more than one occasion, that I belive in gods plural. that means I believe in more that one god. Believing in MORE than one god is not "monotheism" poly.

post 34 I said clearly: "I believe gods plural existed, at one time". 
post 70 i said clearly : "I just happen to believe in  gods -  plural - as you do". 

who thinks God flew away in a spaceship
Well I have simply quoted what the bible says about the gods PLURAL , poly. It forever mentions gods ascending and descending. and coming and going on clouds and fire with the sound of thunder. You can make of and interpret  that whichever way you like. I didn't mention a spaceship once: that was you. 

but wasn't an Earthling or an alien.

No  they wasn't because the scriptures make it quite clear the are talking about G_O_D_S -   that is MORE THAN ONE: PLURAL

which is NOT MONOTHEIST, is it, poly.

So how about you answer my question. You believe in more than one god. You say they were never on earth, at post 72. 

Forum posts: 308
Added: 11.21.18 03:08PM
--> @StephenThey have never been on Earth or there would be proof they exist.
So where are they from? Where do they exist. And how do you know about them if they never existed on earth?

come on ,poly,  they are fair questions to someone who is very quick to call others names and tell them how "stupid" they are, so how about you sharing some of you worldly wisdom in all thing  gods- more than one plural..
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Here's the way I see it. Atheists don't want God to exist the same way criminals don't want cops to exist.
While I find certain descriptions of gods objectionable, I'm not opposed to the concept.

They know that God exists, but they suppress the truth.
I don't know that any god exists, no.

It's because they also know that they are sinners and deserve death.
I don't know that either.

They know that Jesus gave His life so we could avoid death.
Nor that.

But these people love their sin more than their Creator.
I don't love either of those things.

Also, the Bible tells us that many witnessed the miracles of Christ and still rejected Him.
And Harry Potter tells us that a phoenix will come to those in need.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't believe for a second that anyone, theist or atheist, thinks that flying a plane into a building is "good".
I don't believe for a second that anyone, theist or atheist, thinks that firebombing 100,000 civilians in Tokyo is "good"
I did.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5

I don't believe for a second that anyone, theist or atheist, thinks that flying a plane into a building is "good".
I don't believe for a second that anyone, theist or atheist, thinks that firebombing 100,000 civilians in Tokyo is "good"
I did.
Right.

Read the post.

The entire point here is that people make "bad" decisions because the believe the alternative is "more worser/badder/eviler".

Do you believe that a terrorist firebombing 100,000 civilians is "good"?

Do you believe that firebombing civilians is always "good"? 

Probably not.

Do you believe firebombing civilians is better than letting your friends and family be shot to death?

I'm going to guess that's a "yes".
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
You would be wrong.

I would not sacrifice a city for my family. They are all Christian.

Do you believe that a terrorist firebombing 100,000 civilians is "good"?
No, but America doing it in 1945 was not bad.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
No, but America doing it [firebombing civilians] in 1945 was not bad.
If you are not basing your judgement on protecting your family, then what principle do you base this on?

When you say, "not bad" do you actually mean, "not the worst possible option, but also not the best possible option"?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
If you are not basing your judgement on protecting your family, then what principle do you base this on?
Self defense. Japan attacked America first.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@3RU7AL
The war against Japan was clearly justifiable.  Christians don't protect their family selfishly.