Abortion Has Now Been Eradicated

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 92
Plisken
Debates: 0
Plisken
-->
@mustardness
A condom is worth like, one Subway meatball. To many, a clear conscience is priceless.  Poor people can't afford to learn helplessness.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Plisken
A condom is worth like, one Subway meatball. To many, a clear conscience is priceless.  Poor people can't afford to learn helplessness.
So this brain dead idiot who couldn't figure out how to purchase a condom.

This is the person you want to raise a child?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
though I would pose you this, if population and to some extent poor are the problem to the world as the population grows, wouldn't it make more sense to euthanize the deformed, terminally ill, retarded etc that can only minimally contribute to society, rather than abort a potential productive member of society, perhaps a ground breaking genius
though I would pose you this, if population and to some extent poor are the problem to the world as the population grows, wouldn't it make more sense to promote homosexuality and free birth control etc that can demonstrably reduce the birth rate, rather than summarily dispose of unwanted foreign invaders, even if they might potentially become perhaps a ground breaking genius
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
eh he's the one that wants to make the human race better and survive, I dgaf, so please don't read that out of context and post a rebuttal without the proper context.
have to looked into the availability of birth control and the cost to obtain it?  Unless you are in some 3rd world country, it's a non issue statically.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@3RU7AL
The guy isn't brain dead, well....he'll probably meet his maker one way or the other if it's a conservative family, time to do some manning up.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
population control is the only real option, I agree with that,
Voluntarily, no the Chinese way, is preferabl and can only occur with education.  Education has nothing to to with "to stupid" comments below.

however you don't have to have sex,
Obviously you were never a 13 - 25 year old female or 14 - 25 year old male. Sorry you missed out some of the strongest hormonal activities{ desires } ---other than pregnancy--- a human can experience with much joy!

there are many places to get free birth control as well,
Not enough and again, education and they need to be free and of superior quality. Then on top of that comes easy to acces next day abortion pills. Duhh!

And on top of that, humans should not be shamed away from having sex. Sex is going to happen irrespective of what the adults say or do.

so this excuse that poor people can't help themselves and are too stupid to not get pregnant doesn't really jive with me.
I stated none of what you state above. Please play fair.

Poor people = lower standard of living ergo less lights early to bed and more time for sex.

Poor people, unlike rich, feel a need to have children to take care of them when their old. Rich can pay anyone, foster children etc to take care of them.

It is the middle class that is the bigger issue in a world where we mover from >< dumb-bell to octahedral <> fat middle/girth class. Again education and desire of humans to survive for longer time and less suffering in future.

though I would pose you this, if population and to some extent poor are the problem to the world as the population grows,
I never stated that poor is the problem.   It is one of many problems. Read my lips text on this issue in many threads.
Education is critical for all of humanity and to get us all close to being on the same page going forward into the future mind-forward instead of butt-forward

wouldn't it make more sense to euthanize the deformed, terminally ill, retarded etc that can only minimally contribute to society,
I have no doubt there exist many who who would choose that option on a ballot, even if it is not necessary to take that path forward into the future.

rather than abort a potential productive member of society, perhaps a ground breaking genius
1] we dont know that the fertilized egg will  become a "productive member" of society.  Coming from rich or higher standard of living does not determine such an outcome. Here again, this is something that can be studied and see what we find.

2} for those humans that will have a child for future generations, we have technologys to  see potential detriemental issues a child, that, they may choose to abort,

3} genius may come from any genetic classifications genres{?}, ---see famous mathmatician Ramjuan---.  See Archimedes, and how he existed in world where there standard of living may have been considered poor by our standards today,

4} all of this is going to take a unified effort to probe, explore, study and using algorithms and computer scenarios to see many various options forward, and we take many trial and error votes, to find the best way forward to brave new world that wants all-for-one and one-for-all to survive for the longest possible time forward on Earth.

5} the way we think and live now, will have to change, is fairly obvious, as we obviously are polluting Earth with toxic ___t  every where we look.

6} much of humanity is going to have to change their mind and step outside of the personal armpit of comfort.

We all exist on this planet together. Those individuals who think they are not a part of a greater whole existence will go down fighting for the personal rights to do whatever the please whenever they please, to whomever the please, etc.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@mustardness
Obviously you were never a 13 - 25 year old female or 14 - 25 year old male. Sorry you missed out some of the strongest hormonal activities{ desires } ---other than pregnancy--- a human can experience with much joy!
since you are unaware, some people have self control and even wait until marriage or are otherwise not moral-less rabbits.

Not enough and again, education and they need to be free and of superior quality. Then on top of that comes easy to acces next day abortion pills. Duhh!
so you'd like us to believe the abortion pill is cheaper and more readily available than birth control, people need more education on birth control but are smart enough to know about the abortion pill.....ummm that makes sense to you?

And on top of that, humans should not be shamed away from having sex. Sex is going to happen irrespective of what the adults say or do.
that's true hence the HIV problem in Africa, oh guess the abortion pill doesn't fix that does it.
I stated none of what you state above. Please play fair.
you have made the claim many times people need to be educated to prevent unwanted pregnancy and in the same sentence claim they can't afford birth control.
we dont know that the fertilized egg will  become a "productive member" of society. 
this is true, however we do know some who are born that will never be a productive member of society, so if your desire is to further humanity they we should eliminate those with the recessive genes, disabilities etc, eliminate abortions in the hopes that they will be born superior to then make the gene pool superior, case in point below, also 4,5,6
for those humans that will have a child for future generations, we have technologys to  see potential detriemental issues a child, that, they may choose to abort,
my take on your priorities (for lack of a better word) is the future of humans and the earth (pollution etc)
To that end you would like voluntary population control and essentially selective breeding (aborting defective embryos) and of course pollution control, to what extent and how extreme I'm uncertain.
Is that fairly correct?

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
Lol. 

You can't debate your position, so you begin another thread with my comment cut and taken out of context. Win!

What liberals normally do in response to a principled conservative argument is lie, manufacture quotes, and call conservatives names.
-Ann Coulter
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
Lol. You can't debate your position, so you begin another thread with my comment cut and taken out of context. Win!
What liberals normally do in response to a principled conservative argument is lie, manufacture quotes, and call conservatives names.
-Ann Coulter
This post contains no logical arguments.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
since you are unaware, some people have self control and even wait until marriage or are otherwise not moral-less rabbits.
Morality has nothing to do with consensual sexual intercourse.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@disgusted
your opinion is duly noted and I've given it the appropriate level of importance.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
You don't like the truth do you, it hurts that your pretend friend actually never said anything and you follow the words of the IPSS, or perhaps you refuse to acknowledge your ignorance.
Is a fact not an opinion.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
This post contains no logical arguments.
No, it just contains facts you wish to avoid.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
"No, it just contains facts you wish to avoid." = opinion.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
Opinions can be facts. Plus, a post only needs to be factual and legible.

You did cut a comment of mine. You did take it out of context. You did pretend to be obtuse. You did lie. You did post it uncredited in another thread.

It is no surprise that you are a liar. I'm use to people like you resorting to dishonesty. I just expose your stink. Whether you still have enough of a conscience to be ashamed matters not to me. I just let the Gentle Reader get a whiff of your funk.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
Holy smokes.

Exactly what context do you believe is required in order to properly understand "But today, babies as young as 5 months old can survive outside the mother"?

How do you imagine I distorted your intended purpose of this statement?

This is a generic quote and has absolutely nothing to do with you personally.

Bizarrely, you don't actually own every single sentence you write.

You have absolutely no way of determining if I am pretending to be obtuse or lying.  These characterizations are simply a matter of your opinion.

Y U MAD BRO?

Your penchant for ad hominem attacks is actually pretty adorable.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
Exactly what context do you believe is required in order to properly understand "But today, babies as young as 5 months old can survive outside the mother"?
That was a statement of fact used to show the stupidity of basing personhood on the baby's dependency on the mother. You took it and used it as if it was an endorsement. You did so because you've lost the argument and are now resorting to lies.

It's a quote of me from a besting I gave you. Keep lying, and I will keep that hot spotlight on you.

Bizarrely, you don't actually own every single sentence you write.
So when you quote someone, credit them. It's supposed to be difficult to tell you're a liar.

You have absolutely no way of determining if I am pretending to be obtuse or lying. 
Sure I do. But as it doesn't matter, I don't care. Either way, you've lost, and either way, you're an idiot.

Y U MAD BRO?

Lol. I see you've run out of stupidity. Rest a bit and your tank will replenish. You are a liberal.

Your penchant for ad hominem attacks is actually pretty adorable.
Oops. The liberal is about to play the victim card. Every attack was on your silly, illogical argument. But people do find me adorable, that is true.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Bwuahahahahaha
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
That was a statement of fact used to show the stupidity of basing personhood on the baby's dependency on the mother.
Nothing can be considered independent (an individual) if it is 100% dependent.

You took it and used it as if it was an endorsement.
It can't be an endorsement if the source is unaccredited.

You did so because you've lost the argument and are now resorting to lies.
Thank you for your dime-store psychoanalysis.  I'm pretty sure I just solved the abortion crisis.  No more dead embryos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a quote of me from a besting I gave you. Keep lying, and I will keep that hot spotlight on you.
It is a statement of fact that happened to be part of a conversation we once had.

So when you quote someone, credit them. It's supposed to be difficult to tell you're a liar.
Let's see, did you personally conduct the research that led you to the conclusion that "But today, babies as young as 5 months old can survive outside the mother"? - PLEASE SOURCE THIS QUOTE WITH A PROPER CITATION.

Sure I do. But as it doesn't matter, I don't care. Either way, you've lost, and either way, you're an idiot.
Your logical fallacy is, "rush to declare victory".  But please, next time, try to pepper in more creative ad hominem attacks.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
That was a statement of fact used to show the stupidity of basing personhood on the baby's dependency on the mother. 

Nothing can be considered independent (an individual) if it is 100% dependent.
Dependency does not affect personhood. Dodge again and I'll tell you again.

You took it and used it as if it was an endorsement. 

It can't be an endorsement if the source is unaccredited.
It can be if you try to make it seem as if it is my view. And I was the source Hosea.

You did so because you've lost the argument and are now resorting to lies.

Thank you for your dime-store psychoanalysis.  I'm pretty sure I just solved the abortion crisis.  No more dead embryos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What crisis? The baby is not alive remember?

It is a statement of fact that happened to be part of a conversation we once had.
I guess I do own what I write after all. You used the fact deceitfully.

Let's see, did you personally conduct the research that led you to the conclusion that "But today, babies as young as 5 months old can survive outside the mother"? - PLEASE SOURCE THIS QUOTE WITH A PROPER CITATION.
It wasn't a quote moron. It was my observation. Again. Are you trying to be stupid?

Your logical fallacy is, "rush to declare victory".  But please, next time, try to pepper in more creative ad hominem attacks.
Dodge. You have nothing. As I said, you are vacuous. As is always the case when you peel back a liberal. Chock full of irrational, illogical gibberish.

Asian genetics. Lol.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
To that end you would like voluntary population control
Absolutely, when considering the state of affairs and methods currently used for our current standards of living.

If you cant see the problem, then you will never grasp the solution or rational, logical common sense ways of arriving at potential solutions.

and essentially selective breeding (aborting defective embryos)

Voluntary not your casting a bad light on every truth/fact of Ive stated.

and of course pollution control, to what extent and how extreme I'm uncertain.

Do you even know what pollution is? You really appear to be sort of brain dead and a religous funadmentalist on these issues Ive addressed.

Pollution = toxic substances in places where humans would rather they did not exist.

Fuller once recommend that we should ship the radio-active wastes back to the sun since the is where the came from.

Off Earth is really the best scenario. It also requires much energy to attain such altitudes with a trajectory directed at sun.

Please share when you want to have a rational, logical common sense discussion on any the issues Ive disscussed.  Ive seen little to none of that from you, or many others here at DArt. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@mustardness
I ask simple questions and you get all pissy, are you on your period or just a natural jerk?
Voluntary not your casting a bad light on every truth/fact of Ive stated.
I cast nothing, you are putting your defensive emotion into a simple question/statement, that's on YOU, not me
Do you even know what pollution is? You really appear to be sort of brain dead and a religous funadmentalist on these issues Ive addressed.
(see first sentence)
Pollution = toxic substances in places where humans would rather they did not exist.
gee thanks captain obvious, or should I call you Bill Nye?
Please share when you want to have a rational, logical common sense discussion on any the issues Ive disscussed.  Ive seen little to none of that from you, or many others here at DArt.  
please don't post when on your cycle, you come off all emotional and bitchy, which you can't seem to control.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
Having read more and a better understanding,on it's face, this is in fact the perfect solution to the abortion issue.  Setting aside the unintended and unforeseen consequences, this meets all the requirements of those who wish to have a stake in the issue.
1.  the woman is no longer pregnant and has no child to worry about
2.  nothing is killed (insert your own object noun)

there are many tangents and rabbit holes we can explore, but those would all need their own thread.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Having read more and a better understanding,on it's face, this is in fact the perfect solution to the abortion issue.  Setting aside the unintended and unforeseen consequences, this meets all the requirements of those who wish to have a stake in the issue.
1.  the woman is no longer pregnant and has no child to worry about
2.  nothing is killed (insert your own object noun)

there are many tangents and rabbit holes we can explore, but those would all need their own thread.
Well stated.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Where is this alleged baby and in what sense does it pertain to the abortion topic, ie a woman's right to her bodily autonomy?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Having read more and a better understanding, on it's face, this is in fact the perfect solution to the abortion issue.
That is naive. The objection murderers have now is not the 9 month gestation in the womb, it's the being saddled with a kid for the next 18 years. Who's going to take and pay for her kid?

Here is the killer though. If the baby in the artificial womb is not a person, it can be killed with no moral issue to contend with. What if the woman giving the egg, or the government who is to pay for the child, says, abort? What happens then?

You would still have the murderers clamoring for the death of the baby based on their old claim that it isn't a human person.

They will say;

*What kind of life will the child have with no mom and no dad? Abort it now before its a person.
*Why should society go through the expense for a child no one wants? Abort it now before its a person.
*The egg donor has a right to request an abortion. The embryo isn't a person anyway. Abort it now before its a person.

Is an embryo in an artificial womb a person? Can the atheist answer that question?
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5
Is an embryo in an artificial womb a person?
Given that it is not a part of another being's body and extending rights would not necessarily infringe on the rights of others, I personally see no reason why an embryo in an artificial womb should not be considered a person.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ethang5
That is naive. The objection murderers have now is not the 9 month gestation in the womb, it's the being saddled with a kid for the next 18 years. Who's going to take and pay for her kid?

Here is the killer though. If the baby in the artificial womb is not a person, it can be killed with no moral issue to contend with. What if the woman giving the egg, or the government who is to pay for the child, says, abort? What happens then?

You would still have the murderers clamoring for the death of the baby based on their old claim that it isn't a human person.

They will say;

*What kind of life will the child have with no mom and no dad? Abort it now before its a person.
*Why should society go through the expense for a child no one wants? Abort it now before its a person.
*The egg donor has a right to request an abortion. The embryo isn't a person anyway. Abort it now before its a person.

Is an embryo in an artificial womb a person? Can the atheist answer that question?
those are valid concerns to be sure, which is why I qualified my statement by saying "there are many tangents and rabbit holes we can explore, but those would all need their own thread."
the solution presented imo only addresses the 2 issues I mentioned and as you pointed out there are many, many more, but those are secondary.  Here's why, if the abortion occurs all those things you mentioned are moot.  So the very first step is to not have an abortion right?  Then secondary is all the things that need to be dealt with because there is no abortion, things like you listed.  But getting into those really needs to be done separately and individually to keep focused on one issue at a time, otherwise the conversation just bounces all over the place.

the title "Abortion Has Now Been Eradicated" is actually achieved by the solution presented by 3RU7AL.
at no time did I was this was the best or only solution either.

If in fact abortion was eradicated then we could go on to the now what?  what about a,,b,c.....etc and all the hypotheticals everyone can dream up.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
That is my point.

Abortion will not have been eradicated. How will it have been eradicated?

Will it be women, or only couples asking for an artificial womb? What if they change their minds mid gestation?

If a crazed person enters the gestation room and destroys several embryos, what crime will he be charged with?

We will never be free of the scourge of abortion as long as there are people thinking a baby is just a mass of cells.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ethang5
you are delving much deeper into the "what ifs" than I can really do in this thread, I never said the solution presented was perfect, and since this is all just theory anyway, I still stand by what I said.