Abortion Has Now Been Eradicated

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 92
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@SkepticalOne
Given that it is not a part of another being's body and extending rights would not necessarily infringe on the rights of others, I personally see no reason why an embryo in an artificial womb should not be considered a person.
Persons are not persons because they are "considered" persons. Personhood is an inalienable right. Blacks would not become inferior if everyone suddenly "considered" them inferior.

Babies are either persons or not persons regardless of how they are "considered" by others.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I expect you to.

But my opposition to abortion is not theoretical. It is clear now that we have an artificial womb, the reasons put forth as justification for abortion were bogus.

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ethang5
I expect you to.

But my opposition to abortion is not theoretical. It is clear now that we have an artificial womb, the reasons put forth as justification for abortion were bogus.
as imperfect as it may be, this solution is better than no solution, better to save some, than none, if you are opposed to abortion, it's just a matter of perspective, and at some future day maybe an even better solution will present it self, like not having unprotected sex lol  
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
Abortion will not have been eradicated. How will it have been eradicated?
Nobody will choose abortion if ectogenesis is the same price and the same convenience.

Will it be women, or only couples asking for an artificial womb? What if they change their minds mid gestation?
The exact same people who choose abortion now will opt for ectogenesis if it is the same price and the same convenience.

If a crazed person enters the gestation room and destroys several embryos, what crime will he be charged with?
Insanity.  Insanity and destruction of property.  Insanity and destruction of property and perhaps manslaughter and or murder depending on the law at that time.

We will never be free of the scourge of abortion as long as there are people thinking a baby is just a mass of cells.
Nobody is bloodthirsty for human embryos.  Take a breath.  If the unwanted zygote, blastocyst, embryo, foetus, or citizen or non-citizen can safely be removed/evicted/deported from the host without damage, it is a perfect win-win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be exactly the same as dropping off an infant at an orphanage.
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
If you want to end abortion, just castrate any man who gets a woman pregnant accidentally.

It will end overnight.
disgusted
disgusted
Look at all these men determining what women can do with their own bodies. Get out of there you don't belong and you're not wanted.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5

Is an embryo in an artificial womb a person?
Given that it is not a part of another being's body and extending rights would not necessarily infringe on the rights of others, I personally see no reason why an embryo in an artificial womb should not be considered a person.

Persons are not persons because they are "considered" persons. 

Ok.  So, other than the language I've used, we agree on the personhood of embryos in artificial wombs. Sweet.

Personhood is an inalienable right.
Friend, personhood is not a right, but a designation indicating a being with rights. I agree rights are inalienable though and the bodily autonomy of a woman (whether she be pregnant or not) is one of those rights.

Inalienable: Not subject to being taken away from or given away by the possessor. [1]
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Ramshutu
If you want to end abortion, just castrate any man who gets a woman pregnant accidentally.
I can already here the defense: "Well, you see, your honor, ...yes, we were drunk, and ...yes, I would have never slept with her otherwise, but I MEANT to get her pregnant...REALLY!!"

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@SkepticalOne
The guy doesn’t get to chose whether it’s accidental :P

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Ramshutu
Touche'!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@SkepticalOne
Ok.  So, other than the language I've used, we agree on the personhood of embryos in artificial wombs. Sweet.
No sir. We debate using logic. Your position is yet illogical. The reasons you gave for why a baby in the womb was not a person were illogical in light of your position now.

A consistent position would have been:
"A baby is a person, but the sovereignty of the mother is a higher right and as long as the baby and mother are inseparable, the rights of the mother trumps"

But no pro-life person said anything like this. To a man, they all insisted that the baby was not a person. But they could never explain why dependency prohibited personhood. The connection was spurious.

Friend, personhood is not a right, but a designation indicating a being with rights.
Your semantics doesn't change the dynamic. If some of those rights indicated are inalienable, then babies have either always been persons, or are not persons now. Your position is illogical.

Inalienable: Not subject to being taken away from or given away by the possessor. 
Thank you.

Agreement alone doesn't cut it. If you agree with me that 2 +3 = 5, but think it equals 5 because any two single digit numbers equal 5, we will not be in agreement.

We were not trying to find a political solution for abortion, we were examining each others position for logical consistency. And your position remains illogical.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
Nobody will choose abortion if ectogenesis is the same price and the same convenience.
This is clearly untrue. Sometimes it is not just pregnancy people don't want, it is children they don't want.

The exact same people who choose abortion now will opt for ectogenesis if it is the same price and the same convenience.
No sir. Many of those people do not want KIDS, they would still choose abortion.

Nobody is bloodthirsty for human embryos.  Take a breath.
Thank God I can take a breath. I see liberals march in the streets demanding the right to kill babies, fight and violate due process of a judge to preserve the ability to kill babies, notice the idiots on this very thread, angered into vulgarism to retain the ability to kill babies. Many people are indeed hungry for the blood of infants.

If the unwanted zygote, blastocyst, embryo, foetus, or citizen or non-citizen can safely be removed/evicted/deported from the host without damage, it is a perfect win-win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You lost the argument, so a tie now appeals to you. It isn't a win-win. Much less a perfect one. Your original position was illogical. And this new position suffers the same error. Your argument is illogical because you view the baby as a non-person. And now that your lack of logic has been exposed, you must dodge the question about whether the baby is a person.

We were not on a mission to solve the problem of abortion, we were debating the logical viability of each others positions. Your position has been found logically lacking. So running to external wombs does not save your broken argument.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5
A consistent position would have been:
"A baby is a person, but the sovereignty of the mother is a higher right and as long as the baby and mother are inseparable, the rights of the mother trumps"
If the woman has rights and the fetus has rights, then one necessarily does not have inalienable rights.  
ethang5
ethang5
If the woman has rights and the fetus has rights, then one necessarily does not have inalienable rights.  
And that is where your position fails.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@ethang5
I see liberals march in the streets demanding the right to kill babies, fight and violate due process of a judge to preserve the ability to kill babies, notice the idiots on this very thread, angered into vulgarism to retain the ability to kill babies. Many people are indeed hungry for the blood of infants.
All of these comments in hightlights are most often by you, not your alledged liberals.  You have a sick-obsession with "kill babies" and "blood of infants" repeated over and over. 

You have not taken yet taken two deep breaths in contemplation of your own words and concepts you keep spouting out as a seeming no end to you blood thirsty statments. Your sick-n-the-head and try to make out others  to be what you cannot see you are.  Sad :--( sick-n-head

Hot air= :--O

Relevant significance = :--@

Blood Thirst Obsession for dead infants/babies = Ethang :--( sick-n-head

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
To a man, they all insisted that the baby was not a person.
Incorrect.

I have clearly illustrated repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly and repeatedly that EVEN IF you presume that at the very moment the sperm penetrates the ovum, A FULLY INDEPENDENT HUMAN CITIZEN WITH FULL HUMAN RIGHTS AND THE FULL PROTECTION OF THE LAW magically sparks into existence, that individual is, at that moment, an invader in violation of the host woman's sovereign territory and she has every right as sovereign, to either allow the invader to stay in her sovereign territory for any arbitrary time period or to have them deported at will.

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@ethang5
If the woman has rights and the fetus has rights, then one necessarily does not have inalienable rights.  
And that is where your position fails.

No, my position does not extend rights to the fetus, and there is no revocation of rights. This is a flaw exclusive to views holding that personhood occurs at conception.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
This is clearly untrue. Sometimes it is not just pregnancy people don't want, it is children they don't want.
This is why the ectogenesis facility will serve as an orphanage.  The whole point is to allow the embryo to develop into an infant.

No sir. Many of those people do not want KIDS, they would still choose abortion.
This is why the ectogenesis facility will serve as an orphanage.  The whole point is to allow the embryo to develop into an infant.

Nobody is bloodthirsty for human embryos.  Take a breath.
Thank God I can take a breath. I see liberals march in the streets demanding the right to kill babies, fight and violate due process of a judge to preserve the ability to kill babies, notice the idiots on this very thread, angered into vulgarism to retain the ability to kill babies. Many people are indeed hungry for the blood of infants.
Nobody is demanding the right to kill babies.

They are fighting to defend a woman's personal sovereignty from alien invaders.

If the unwanted zygote, blastocyst, embryo, foetus, or citizen or non-citizen can safely be removed/evicted/deported from the host without damage, it is a perfect win-win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You lost the argument, so a tie now appeals to you.
Keep rushing to declare victory, it saves you the trouble of fabricating convincing arguments.

It isn't a win-win. Much less a perfect one. Your original position was illogical. And this new position suffers the same error. Your argument is illogical because you view the baby as a non-person.
It's called a tautology.  Both scenarios have the exact same result.  If the blastocyst is a fully independent citizen of the state with the full protection of the law, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE because that blastocyst is an invader within the sovereign territory of the host and can be deported at will.  If you wish to rescue that deported invader with an ectogenesis orphanage EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET will thank you.

And now that your lack of logic has been exposed, you must dodge the question about whether the baby is a person.
Everyone agrees and has always agreed that a "baby is a person".  You are very sadly "mistaken"(?).

We were not on a mission to solve the problem of abortion, we were debating the logical viability of each others positions. Your position has been found logically lacking.
Oh, ok, you don't want to fix the "abortion problem"?  Does this mean you don't believe abortion is a problem or that you don't care or that you do believe it is a problem but don't actually want to solve it because it allows you to demonize anyone who disagrees with you?

So running to external wombs does not save your broken argument.
So, since you already clearly stated that you don't want to "solve the problem of abortion" I'm really confused why you're even talking about any of this.  Would you rescue the teeny tiny embryos if you could?  Would you raise them to adulthood?  Or would you feel better if you knew someone out there was doing these things for you?  SO WOULD EVERYONE ELSE.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@mustardness
Didn't I tell you to shut up and go away moron?

You are an idiot with no authority. You can't tell anyone anything. Now shut up, and go take your meds.

Boy don't make me wanna change...... my tone.

Is the real world hassling you?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@SkepticalOne
This is a flaw exclusive to views holding that personhood occurs at conception.
You haev yet to understand that Ethang has self-value issues. He wants every fertilized egg to raise their hand and state, 'I am somebody'.

Ethang has obsession with fetus/babie blood lust that, he not only has to constantly repeat his blood thirsty statements he believes the fertilized egg should march on washington with raised hand demanding recognition that, 'we are somebody'.

These type of people are sick-n-head and cannot allow truth into their scenarios ergo their immorality cannot allow truth, that, fertilied egg is not a 'somebody', rather the fertilzed egg is intimate part of pregnant womans body.

Ethang and his need to be Locked Away from civilized moral humanity sooner rather then later. This goes for all Trumpanzees.

Lock Them Away Today!

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
So, since you already clearly stated that you don't want to "solve the problem of abortion"
I did not state that liar. Really, dishonesty will not aid you.

I'm really confused....
That's one of the perks of lying.

Everyone agrees and has always agreed that a "baby is a person".
Don't scratch your head Gentle Reader. He has admitted to being confused. Perhaps he doesn't know he's lying.

...that blastocyst is an invader within the sovereign territory of the host
Revisiting your stupidity will not morph it into sense.

....that individual is, at that moment, an invader in violation of the host woman's sovereign territory and she has every right as sovereign, to either allow the invader to stay in her sovereign territory for any arbitrary time period or to have them deported at will.
You keep saying this, yes, and each time you do, you are shown why it is not only untrue, but spellbindingly stupid. Sorry, but stupidity, no matter how pristine, will not win arguments.

Oh, ok, you don't want to fix the "abortion problem"?
Sure I do. But that isn't what we're doing here. We're just looking at your position on abortion, and going by what you've said, you may have serious mental issues.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@mustardness
You haev yet to understand that Ethang has self-value issues. He wants every fertilized egg to raise their hand and state, 'I am somebody'.
Ethang has obsession with fetus/babie blood lust that, he not only has to constantly repeat his blood thirsty statements he believes the fertilized egg should march on washington with raised hand demanding recognition that, 'we are somebody'.

These type of people are sick-n-head and cannot allow truth into their scenarios ergo their immorality cannot allow truth, that, fertilied egg is not a 'somebody', rather the fertilzed egg is intimate part of pregnant womans body.

Ethang and his need to be Locked Away from civilized moral humanity sooner rather then later. This goes for all Trumpanzees.

Lock Them Away Today!
Remarkably lucid.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@SkepticalOne
No, my position does not extend rights to the fetus,....
And that is where it fails.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@3RU7AL
Lol, mustardness is lucid to 3RU7AL. Why is that not surprising?

Lucid? rofl!

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
We're just looking at your position on abortion...
What the heck?  I could have easily just told you my "position on abortion".

I have never had an abortion myself and do not know anyone personally who has ever had or who has ever even considered having an abortion.

I do not recommend anyone have an abortion and from what I understand, over 80% of women who have abortions regret their decision.

Abortion is never anyone's first choice.  Preventing unwanted pregnancy is everyone's first choice.

However, because it is a legal medical procedure, I believe that nobody has the right to interfere with a woman's right to medical privacy.

It may be "morally wrong", but it is currently legal, and if we locked up everyone on earth who did something "morally wrong" we probably would have very few productive citizens.

If someone, like yourself apparently, disagrees with the current legal status of abortion as a medical procedure and or the current legal status of pre-natal human embryos, please write a letter to your state and or federal representatives.

Screaming in pregnant women's faces and shooting at and or otherwise harassing medical doctors for conducting perfectly legal activities is insane.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@ethang5
Lucid? rofl!

{ Ethang immorals } I may be a fertilized egg @ falling through the fallopian tube but 'I Am Somebody'.

I may be a fertilized egg  @ attached to the uterus/womb via a tube/chord but 'I Am Somebody'.

I may not breath and receive all of my nutrients and oxygen from the is pregnant woman but, 'I Am Somebody'.

All of us fertilized eggs@@@@  need to unite as one large fertilized egg @ and march on Washington today!

Ethang has yet to recognize they have self-value issues. They want every fertilized egg  @ to raise their hand and state, 'I am somebody'.
Ethang has obsession with fetus/babie blood lust that, he not only has to constantly repeat his blood thirsty statements he believes the fertilized egg should march on washington with raised hand demanding recognition that, 'we are somebody'.

These type of people are sick-n-head and cannot allow truth into their scenarios ergo their immorality cannot allow truth, that, fertilized egg  @is not a 'somebody', rather the fertilzed egg is intimate part of pregnant womans body.

Ethang and his ilk need to be Locked Away from civilized moral humanity sooner rather then later. This goes for all Trumpanzees.

Lock Them Away Today! There coming to take you away HooRay!

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@mustardness
Attacking Ethan personally does nothing to validate your view (whatever it is) or sway Ethan away from his. It is counterproductive to my goals, and I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd not involve me. 

ethang5
ethang5
I wonder if he himself understands his loony posts.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@SkepticalOne
Attacking Ethan personally does nothing to validate your view (whatever it is) or sway Ethan away from his. It is counterproductive to my goals, and I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd not involve me. 
Huhh?  Your confused person.

Ethang is immoral Trumpanzee who should be Locked Away Today! for his attempts to repeatedly violate womens privacy rights regarding there bodies.

He need keep his ____N nose *v* out of womens bodies. Until the skeptical one can grasp this simple morality, he needs to.............

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
I wonder if he himself understands his loony posts.

Added: 12.02.18 04:15PM
--> @KingLaddy01
We test them during gestation. Homosexuals and Trans get aborted.