If a user has harassed me via PM what is the moderator protocol?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 35
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Due to callout thread rules and PM doxxing rules, I am unsure what to do. That is why I made this thread, PM me to find out who it is and what was said.

If a user goes around telling you bad things I said about you, know it is a lie and that the user tried to do it with me and it failed miserably.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
Please let me know what to do.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
Maybe stop being a whiny little bitch?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
That describes the user quite well actually. As for your notion that all victims deserve their abuse, we will have to agree to disagree. That definitely did not answer the question.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The main issue is this user's pattern of abuse will lead the user to tell others lies about me to try to get more dirt, which is how they tried to bond with me and then abuse me simultaneously bu gossiping about others. I am curious what protocol there is regarding how to fight back against it. I am aware of a weakness in the rules if I privately discuss the user with others.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Maybe stop being a whiny little bitch?
Just one thing, I invite anybody yo go to your profile and read the tone in your forum posts and even debates and ask who the whiny little bitch is between us.
Mr.Demographic2050
Debates: 3
Mr.Demographic2050
Who was this individual? Summarize for us what they said please. 
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't think we have a hammered out policy for specific PM offenses.

The worst we ever dealt with, we had to have Mike verify that the PMs were real, and then we did a perma-ban (that was over threats to someone's family; so hopefully non-applicable).
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
I am no expert on humanly relations, but I am pretty sure that you seem more like a "whiny little bitch" the more you stress about it. Just my observation or inference, you can disagree though.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
harassed me via PM
I DON'T KNOW, PERHAPS YOU COULD TRY BLOCKING THEM SO THEY CAN'T PM YOU AGAIN ?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Doesn't the block button keep people from sending you PMS isn't that the point of using it. I mean the block literally serves no other purpose than that.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
Thanks for the help, my mind has been expanded.

Blocking stops people spreading lies about you and punishes them for abusing you, got it. (sarcasm)

Regardless, I achieved what I wanted with this thread, the snivelling coward can do what they want, I'm ready for any level of drama just don't appreciate someone saying what they said to me when they are too spineless to face me in a thread and continue the abuse. They could abuse others, I will tell mods about them and let it be, if others have received abuse from a user or rumours about me, it's best they be aware that someone here is doing that and be on guard as the user fronts as friendly and trustworthy at first.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I don't know about his interactions with coal but I can testify that RationalMadman's behavior towards me over the last couple of days has been particularly aggressive and unhinged in a manner that experienced users on this site are all too familiar with.

• threatening to vote bomb debates as revenge for voting against him
  • insulting me in debates he has nothing to with,
  • threatening me with "war,"  whatever that's supposed to mean
  • when I complain about him directing remarks at me while blocking me, he unblocks me to make replies and then blocks me to prevent response.  
    • Childish tantrum behavior, really
Based on this behavior, I am assuming that RationalMadman is just having another of his periodic "episodes."   He'll probably threaten to quit the site soon.

• I'm going to assume that RationalMadman was the aggressor/provocateur in whatever nonsense he's complaining about here.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Oromagi, you are the aggressor between us. The deluded one is you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Gaslighting me is serious btw. For anyone co nfused, what Oromagi is doing is full blown gaslighting, it is why he forgets to notice how he voted me to sabotage my rating maliciously and when I caught it him faking an rfd he admitted he fabricated it and insulted my debating ability while fixing it, tweaking it to match the actual arguments, ignoring over 80% of my rebuttals and constructive (he originally ignored 100%  and said I argued something else that proves he skimread it with an agenda). I told him, as this is the second time he has maliciously voted against me based on bs reasoning in recent times that if he wants to do it to me, I see it and he can be ready for that war.

The way he treats me there, insulting me, humiliating me and making me seem like a laughing stock that is insane, is how he has treated me repeatedly and why I blocked him.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

How privileged a princess does one have to be to create a debate where you

• announce in opening arguments that you won't present any evidence because that's just your style,
  • fail to present an affirmative argument of any kind, and
  • forfeit your closing argument
    • and then still demand victory, outraged at any who dare criticize?
      • To the point of bullying  and threatening your fellow debaters?
    • Clearly RationalMadman feels that he ought not to be held to as high a standard as his fellow  debaters- that just because  he does one out of every five debates on this site, he's somehow entitled to win debates no matter how lazy or illegible his arguments get.
The way he treats me there, insulting me, humiliating me and making me seem like a laughing stock that is insane, is how he has treated me repeatedly and why I blocked him.
  • I might note that I've recently named RationalMadman the best debater on this site and supported his candidacy for President.  
    • That RationalMadman processes such support as "humiliating" and gaslighting is beyond my capacity to  fathom.
  • The undeniable fact is that I've shown RationalMadman far more respect and deference than he has earned or deserves, certainly more than RationalMadman has ever offered any of his fellow DARTers.  

Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
Okay
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@RationalMadman
Stop reading and responding to their PM's. Your attention is their drug.
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@RationalMadman
I caught it him faking an rfd he admitted he fabricated
I didn't even read this post previously, can you link the debate where he was caught faking his reason for decision in order to maliciously sway the debate in a certain direction? Nothing I would pre-emptively doubt sufficiently, but worth observing for the context of this thread. 

Edit: Neverminded, I have actually seen it. 
Mr.Demographic2050
Mr.Demographic2050
-->
@Novice_II
Which debate was it from? 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Victims have a tendency to enjoy victimisation.

PM's are such that you have complete control, whereby you have the absolute power to decide whether to respond or ignore.

The fact that you have chosen to respond and then subsequently assume victimisation, is totally down to you.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
That is quite amusing.

Everybody talking without knowing the contents.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
If you had ignored the contents, you wouldn't have known them either.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
  • The undeniable fact is that I've shown RationalMadman far more respect and deference than he has earned or deserves, certainly more than RationalMadman has ever offered any of his fellow DARTers. 
That is cleverly constructed emotional abuse. Either you respect me or you dont, I respect my fellow darter as much as they show others genuine respect and earn respect from me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
I wonder how one ignores something they are reading, I lack that mental dissonance.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
By not reading it.

Or in the first instance, don't respond and concentrate your thoughts on another topic.

If you choose to read, engage and be offended, that is not the fault of the other person.

To me that is simply an example of comparative  strengths of character.

Not sure what a state of mental dissonance is.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
This thread is golden
Novice_II
Novice_II
-->
@Mr.Demographic2050
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Due to callout thread rules and PM doxxing rules, I am unsure what to do. That is why I made this thread, PM me to find out who it is and what was said.

Given that you’ve blocked all but one person on this site - saying that you’ve been harassed on PM is basically giving away their identity.

26 days later

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Barney
The worst we ever dealt with, we had to have Mike verify that the PMs were real,
What is being said here?

Are PM's not private?