If a user has harassed me via PM what is the moderator protocol?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 35
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@sadolite
Stop reading and responding to their PM's. Your attention is their drug
I have told him this in the past, he can't seem to help himself though. Hopefully at some point he stops giving a shit about what people who get off on annoying him say. 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
The worst we ever dealt with, we had to have Mike verify that the PMs were real,
What is being said here?

Are PM's not private? 
~99.9999% of the time they are wholly private between you and whomever. however, there exists a sole exception when the quoted content of a PM had to be verified as coming from the accused author.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Barney
~99.9999% of the time they are wholly private between you and whomever. however, there exists a sole exception when the quoted content of a PM had to be verified as coming from the accused author
It's not good that the option exists. Particularly when Mike was saying before the messages were encrypted and even he did not have access to them. 

I know what has happened with a lot of the members who have disappeared from DDO from 10 years ago. A lot are now very active in politics, and have quietly just faded away from the debate scene, and now we are trusting a Russian to not collect blackmail data on future politicians.
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
lanaguage is subjsective - you only get insulted if you want to. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Vici
Cool, show me these people who want to be insulted outside of bdsm.