Why are so many resilient to fact-based truth regarding black criminality?

Author: TWS1405

Total: 427
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I guess it makes sense a racist would be so dumb. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@badger
We could drop a nuclear bomb on Harlem
Man, the smallest bit of scrutiny on racial issues really makes leftards become unhinged.

“Maybe we should consider that genetics may also be a factor that leads to group disparities”

“Oh so you want to genocide people for looking different, huh?”

As to a full and honest account of racial and genetic differences, the white man is the greatest bastard in all of history. No denying it. Really don't see where you're going with that. Show me what part of the white man's brain has facilitated these immense cruelties we're responsible for.
And this pitiful self-hatred among white lefties is probably a large factor leading to their astronomical rates of mental illness.

If I felt constant chagrin for things I didn’t do, I’d probably have depression and anxiety too
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Danielle
I haven’t forgot about your post. Just had a super busy day. I’ll get to it soon 🤗 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@badger
"I guess it makes sense a racist would be so dumb."

That...is...EXACTLY what an intellectual coward would say. 

Dunning Kruger Effect on full display by you. Awesome.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Danielle
I renew my suggestion; you need to read less Howard Zinn and A LOT more Thomas Sowell. 
badger
badger
Well this was fun, but it is past my bedtime. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@badger
Every moment of the day is PAST your bedtime, incel.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@TWS1405
People get kicked off platforms for all kinds of reason, most of which are purely unsubstantiated leftist bullshit
Fact or opinion?
Obvious fact. The internet and each platform is replete with case after case. 
The fact is this notion of a social media bias against Conservatives is not supported by the evidence. Aren't you supposed to be all about "fact-based Truth"?
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@TWS1405
Took a day off, and man did IQs drop sharply while I was away.

JFC, Reece. It is a foregone conclusion that black communities with high crime rates know exactly what is happening, but they are just too chicken sh!t to do anything about it. Your psychological projection clearly establishes that the only blind spot here is your own. 
You seem agitated all of a sudden.

What must be done TWS1405 (or whatever your actual name is)?
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@SkepticalOne
If it is not supported by the evidence, then prove it. I (we) will wait. But we will NOT hold our breath. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Reece101
You are an incel, or a troll, or both.

Not worth engaging. 

Adieu

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@TWS1405
Don’t censor yourself. Speak your mind.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@TWS1405
If it is not supported by the evidence, then prove it. I (we) will wait. But we will NOT hold our breath. 
What happened to your "Fact-based Truth"?! Just FYI, the absence of evidence against your position doesn't make it true.  Someone with "two legal degrees" should understand how the burden of proof works. Also, your position is not supported by evidence which makes it dubious (at best) rather than true:

[...] the claim of anti-conservative animus is itself a form of disinformation: a falsehood with no reliable evidence to support it. No trustworthy largescale studies have determined that conservative content is being removed for ideological reasons or that searches are being manipulated to favor liberal interests.

On most days, right-leaning U.S. Facebook pages dominate the list of sources producing the most-engagedwith posts containing links. In particular, during the run-up to the 2020 election and its aftermath, the page of conservative commentator Dan Bongino outperformed those of most major news organizations. The pages of Donald Trump and pro-Trump evangelist Franklin Graham consistently showed up in the top 10, as did Fox News. CNN, National Public Radio, and The New York Times sometimes made the list, but Joe Biden rarely did.

Using CrowdTangle, one can also generate engagement rankings for “U.S. general media.” Here, three of the top 10 spots were held by rightleaning pages during the period from January 1, 2020, through Election Day in November. Fox News was the runaway leader, with 448 million total interactions. In second place was Breitbart, with 294 million. In seventh place was The Daily Caller, also a right-leaning outlet, with 97 million. The 839 million interactions generated by these three conservative pages was more than the 821 million total produced by the seven mainstream media pages in the top 10—those of CNN, ABC News, BBC News, NBC News, NPR, Now This, and The New York Times.

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Reece101
Don’t censor yourself. Speak your mind.
I have to admit - I found this cleverly amusing. ;-)
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@TWS1405
Why would you be mad being banned off of a platform? I mean, me and my homies were howl laughing when we speedran banning from twitter and actually got it within like 10 minutes. Even if you are trying to post, post here, we don't use the moral high ground that often and we don't ban people until we don't make sense.
FLRW
FLRW
This much is true: In the United States, the abortion rate for black women is almost five times that for white women. I am glad Trump republicans want more poor black babies.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Danielle
Random sidebar but I was just thinking about when I came out to a friend as gay in HS, and she assured me that she was totally cool with it by letting me know that she had kissed a black guy before. At the time I was like wow, you ARE taboo you little rebel you! It was definitely understood by all of our peers that a white girl kissing a black guy was still something "shocking" or inappropriate -- in other words something our parents would raise their eyebrows over and not be happy about. And this is in New York City. So it seems really obvious that racism still exists beneath the surface of inclusivity, and that's what I think people are speaking about today. A lot of grievances or references to white supremacy these days aren't about some sort of absolute or obvious oppression like we saw under slavery or Jim Crow. It's more about the underlying racism that still permeates society outside of plain sight, which in some ways are even worse. Someone might benefit from affirmative action insofar as it helps them get into Harvard let's say. But if that black Harvard grad still gets called a n!gger, still has presumptions made about them or people feel weird around them etc. then there is still a place to talk about racism and "oppression" in society today regardless of affirmative action. 
Thats a funny anecdote...I dont know how old you are but it surprised me to learn that majorities said they didnt approve of interracial marriage until the 90s: https://news.gallup.com/poll/354638/approval-interracial-marriage-new-high.aspx I'm sure some of the people who say yes in the polling are lying but no doubt theres been a huge cultural shift in a short period of time

I don't think I could agree with you on the highlighted bit. There's always going to be some friction in a multiracial society, I think to talk about "oppression" is something totally different. A shop owner following around a black lawyer who never committed a crime in his life is obviously a humiliating and negative experience but I also don't know how you can possibly get rid of people holding stereotypes. It's pretty weaksauce compared to state oppression past or present. Some of the drug crime stuff might actually qualify, I haven't looked into it that much but I know the true purpose of the drug war was to create a justification for locking up potential criminals BEFORE they committed violent crimes so I can see how that would tangle up a lot of people who did nothing wrong in communities with lots of crime, which would disproportionately impact black people. I feel like the entire thing is a tangled web. Some people hold and act on stereotypes of black people being criminals... but they actually are significantly more likely to commit crimes. There's a way to take in that information that's a healthy middle ground between being racist and refusing to believe your own lying eyes. And the very best thing that could happen is if this violent crime stopped which I really don't think is too much to ask. 

I think a lot of people dismiss the idea of affirmative action for Asians because this country doesn't have a history of oppressing them (outside of not being allowed to immigrate here). We don't have generational wealth today that can be traced back to work being done here by Asian slaves. But there certainly is a good amount of racism against Asians and I agree they would dominate if given the kind of benefits that other minorities get.  My teacher friend always feels so bad that all her Chinese students still go to voluntary summer school. Culturally they're on another level. But we can look at reasons their culture is the way it is the same way we can for low income blacks in America. 
That was some interesting information. To address your other question, I think affirmative action doesn't actually move the needle that much because it often ends up being counterproductive for the student because it puts them in classes with harsher competition that makes them more likely to drop out. But that's not the *intent*...it really would a hell of a benefit if used correctly. For the highlighted bit, obviously we can do that...but isn't it better to try and foster a positive change. 

I agree completely. I don't think it's an excuse so much as an explanation. But if you think legitimate genetic differences exist that predispose black people to violence, then how can they be expected to change? 
Culture is basically the physical manifestation of genetics + environment, with some lag time that holds over elements from different environments in the past. What I mean by that is that even though there are genetic differences between white people and black people that would cause them to respond to the exact same environment in different ways, the environment can still be changed and as a result so would behavior. We know that high crime rates aren't unchangeable to this because the big changes to the social and economic environment in the 1960s resulted in enormous (like 4x) increases in violent crime that slowly declined throughout the 80s and 90s as policies changed and the economy got better.

A social environment that condemns crime unequivocally and doesn't attempt to excuse it would help a lot. It truly shocks me how much some white liberals will bend over backwards to dismiss, deny, and ultimately justify crime. When true believers get elected such as the District Attorneys of San Francisco and Los Angeles (who will likely be recalled soon, thank God) they simply don't prosecute a lot of violent crimes because of equity concerns. The OP may or may not be telling the truth about being banned just for quoting crime statistics but it's 100% true that these facts cause severe cognitive dissonance.

Someone's read Guns, Germs and Steel 😉  I agree with this too, but I think the impact is pretty limited. Nurture just seems way more important than nature when it comes to crime. I'd be interested to look up stats on middle or upper class minorities and their propensity for crime. A black athlete who was impoverished their entire lives until age 22  wouldn't count.  
I actually havent read that one. There are studies that compare rich blacks and poor whites on violent crime but I think they look at current economic situation and not where they were as kids
badger
badger
I have actually read Guns, Germs and Steel. Long ass time ago and I don't think I finished it, but it was a mapping of racial outcomes to environment, right? Darwin's finches sort of idea applied to the Hawaiian islands. I think it's taken as a fairly solid refutation of the idea that genetic differences are the cause for racial disparities in outcome. 
badger
badger
I mean further to that thett, we have recently established that Irish travellers are actually Irish people just diverged from the main bulk about 400 years ago. You're not going to make the argument that genetic differences account for disparities in outcome there and the parallels between the black Americans and Irish travellers are blatant. Yours are needless, dangerous ideas. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@SkepticalOne

I can go on and on and on and on...

It has been common knowledge the left has been working hard to silence any dissenting conservative voice online. Namely FascistBook, Instagram and Twit-ter
TWS1405
TWS1405

https://youtu.be/PAvdUjGM5hU (Stupid Black Men: How to Play the Race Card and Lose)

I can go on and on and on. I have over 400 books in my own personal library on black history in America, some dating to the mid 1800s. The information is out there, but most just do not care to research it. They just buy the snake oil being sold to them by race baiters, divisive black and white leaders, and so on.

The fact-based truths are out there, but the left, blacks, and white guilt liberals refuse to listen. 

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@TWS1405
You've provided 3 opinion pieces from questionable and strongly biased sources. 

I can go on and on and on and on...
You haven't started yet, my friend.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@SkepticalOne
You've provided 3 opinion pieces from questionable and strongly biased sources. 
That's an implicit genetic fallacy. 

Try again. Actually read what is being conveyed and then respond accordingly. Waiving the hand of denialism isn't proof of an argument. 

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@TWS1405
For some unknown reason, you seem to be under the impression opinion and propaganda carry equivalent weight to data and objective analysis of it. Only the latter (which I provided) qualifies as fact.
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@TWS1405
It stands to reason that any community disproportionately living in poverty would have higher crime rates. The visible crimes of any society are committed, and exist, to the extent that it has developed an underclass - the invisible crimes are committed to the extent that it has developed an elite.

The question, though, is why you think this is the case, or what you are trying to infer or accomplish by amplifying these statistics. Are you implying that these people are genetically inferior, or do you believe that their crime rates could be improved by moving the black community out of poverty?
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@badger
I mean further to that thett, we have recently established that Irish travellers are actually Irish people just diverged from the main bulk about 400 years ago. You're not going to make the argument that genetic differences account for disparities in outcome there and the parallels between the black Americans and Irish travellers are blatant. Yours are needless, dangerous ideas. 
I hope you’re right. There’s certainly a lot of improvement that can be made for all of us
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Danielle
We don't have generational wealth today that can be traced back to work being done here by Asian slaves.
perhaps you're unfamiliar with the railroad
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@TWS1405
badger
badger
-->
@3RU7AL
I'm not going to bother with the actual article, but that banner is supposed to be one of the greatest pieces of data visualisation ever created. Worth a look up if you've not seen it before. 
badger
badger