TRUMP ENDORSES THREE DEMOCRATS

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 11
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL

Trump 'endorses' Dan Goldman, the lawyer who led his impeachment, amid a confounding string of Truth Social posts praising Democrats [**]

• Trump claimed to endorse Democratic Reps. Carolyn Maloney, Jerry Nadler, and Dan Goldman.
  • Goldman, a lawyer who led Trump's first impeachment hearing, said Trump was "trying to meddle in an election."
  • If the endorsements are intended to sour Democratic voters on the candidates, they're reminiscent of efforts by Democrats to meddle in the 2022 Republican primaries.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I don't know how getting republicans to vote for Democrats would be a scheme to make them lose LOL
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
That's not quite a "genuis" (as trump would say) take.

Trump is betting on republicans being smart enough to see a troll and the cult elements of the democratic party being too desperate and crazed to pass up an opportunity to bash their rivals.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Buht buht...democrats are smarter!
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
Yes, Goldman quickly responded to the apparent backhanded endorsement.
"Last week Donald Trump attacked Dan Goldman, who led his impeachment. Now he's pretending to endorse Goldman. True to form, Trump is trying to meddle in an election," Goldman said in a statement shared on Twitter. "This is a pathetic attempt at fooling Democrats who are far smarter than Trump is, and it's clear that only one candidate in NY-10 is living rent-free in Trump's head."
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
the cult elements of the democratic party being too desperate and crazed to pass up an opportunity to bash their rivals.
Donald Trump just endorsed my multi-millionaire opponent, in case you needed a reminder of what the stakes are. #NY10, choose your fighter.

GOTEM!
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@3RU7AL

Why use such a trash source?

• I'm mildly opposed to any kind of YouTube talking head stuff because you have to sit there for 20 mins and listen to them colorize a story that I could absorb with better understanding in 2 minutes by reading a newspaper article. 
  • But why link to some Christian YouTuber reading from the the Gateway Pundit?
    • Gateway Pundit is "an American far-right fake news website.  The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories. 
      Founded by Jim Hoft in 2004, The Gateway Pundit expanded from a one-person enterprise into a multi-employee operation that is supported primarily by advertising revenue.  During the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign, the site received over a million unique visitors per day. Twitter permanently suspended Hoft's account (@gatewaypundit) on February 6, 2021, for repeatedly publishing misinformation about the 2020 U.S. presidential election. In September 2021, Google demonetized the site for publishing misinformation
      "
      • As soon as the guy says "Gateway Pundit" anybody who wants facts should just turn that shit off.
    • Yesterday, the same guy blamed Beto O'Rourke for banning the Bible in Texas schools rather than the sitting Republican administration, right after hosting an hour long prayer group on the same channel.
  • You linked to NYT in the same short post, why not use that excellent source to document the claim as well?
  • If you had, we would have gotten the major point your fake news Christian misses, which  is that Maloney and Nadler are running against each other for a Democratic sure thing seat,  so that's the second time this season Trump has endorsed both of the frontrunners in a race- a good way to always be able to claim you supported the winner.
  • I guess Trump's endorsement shows us who he's most worried about in NY so it does work as both a sarcastic endorsement and an actual endorsement.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
only a true genius disputes a source without disputing the facts
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@3RU7AL

I don't dispute the facts as reported (although as I said, your source forgot to tell you some pretty important information).  I question your judgement linking to the worst sort of source of possible (like actually greyparrot level kind of sources)  while also demonstrating that you have access to the best sort of source possible.  
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Agreed.

It's a valuable tool for a censoring leftist.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Some instant karma for Dems meddling in GOP primaries. Cough cough Wyoming