3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
in summary,

i made a statement

you treated my statement as if it were a DEBATE RESOLUTION

sure, ok, fine

you spun wild tangents

that concluded with your claim that you personally believe i was trying to say "killing a child is not murder"

instead of simply asking me, "are you suggesting that killing a child is not murder?"

to which i would answer, "no, that is not what i am suggesting"

it's more like, "when a mother kills her own child within the first 12 months after that child is born, it is often, but not always, treated as infanticide by the legal system (at least in canada) and as such, usually carries a penalty of less than one year in jail, which compares favorably in contrast to a mandatory life sentence for second degree murder"

this rephrasing of my original statement, more accurately reflects my original intent and does not constitute any shift whatsoever from my original position
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@3RU7AL
in summary,

i made a statement

you treated my statement as if it were a DEBATE RESOLUTION

sure, ok, fine
No - I took issue with a collection of things that you said.

you spun wild tangents
He asserts without argument

No. Everything I said was absolutely and specific relevant to what you said.

that concluded with your claim that you personally believei was trying to say "killing a child is not murder"

instead of simply asking me, "are you suggesting that killing a child is not murder?"

to which i would answer, "no, that is not what i am suggesting"

it's more like, "when a mother kills her own child within the first 12 months after that child is born, it is often, but not always, treated as infanticide by the legal system (at least in canada) and as such, usually carries a penalty of less than one year in jail, which compares favorably in contrast to a mandatory life sentence for second degree murder"

this rephrasing of my original statement, more accurately reflects my original intent and does not constitute any shift whatsoever from my original position
You said this before.

I told you this claim is a straw man in post #171

You ignored my response - repeated the claim 

I told you again - this claim is a straw man in post #177

You ignored my response again.

I again told you your original statement was a straw man in post #179

You ignore my response and are repeating the claim again

For a fourth time, this is an absurd, outrageous straw man that completely and totally misrepresents my argument by taking them so far out their clear and unambiguous context that no reasonable could have possible interpreted my comments in this way.

By all means, walk me through your logic here:

We were both talking about infanticide, about the treatment of mothers who kill their children, whether it was murder, how the law for infanticide is interpreted, how the punishment for that law applies to those mothers deciding to murder their kids. You say that a mother killing a child is not murder.

On what basis did you conclude, given that clear context, that talking about you suggesting that  “killing a child is not murder” in reference to your specific claim about mothers - that I am suddenly and out of absolutely nowhere talking about any child murder by anyone? Especially given that neither before or since have I talked at any point mentioned or argued about anything other than mothers?

You simply took my argument wildly out of context in order to pretend I’m claiming something that no rational human being could possibly think I’m claiming. This is a massive straw man.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
Women not only get pregnant but have to carry the baby, feed and nurture it for a while.
Whereas the man need only ejaculate into a women and most do prematurely. But the burden of parenting is disproportionate. Hence the double standards.
the asymmetry comes from the ability to "opt out"

if the mother chooses to "opt out" this results in the death of the fetus

if the father chooses to "opt out" the consequences are much less dire

since the stakes are much lower for the father and much higher for the mother

why would the mother be given a chance to "opt out" while the father is given no such option ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
For a fourth time, this is an absurd, outrageous straw man that completely and totally misrepresents my argument by taking them so far out their clear and unambiguous context that no reasonable could have possible interpreted my comments in this way.
ok, how would you rephrase this statement ?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
You say that a mother killing a child is not murder.
i never said that
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
You simply took my argument wildly out of context in order to pretend I’m claiming something that no rational human being could possibly think I’m claiming. This is a massive straw man.
perhaps you could maybe make an attempt to summarize your key point
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
ok, how would you rephrase this statement ?
perhaps you could maybe make an attempt to summarize your key point
I’ve given you four individual versions, which you have ignored

On what basis do you feel it needs a fifth, what is wrong with the previous four that you feel necessitates need writing another argument after you’ve ignored the previous four?

You say that a mother killing a child is not murder.

i never said that
Yes you did. Unless you are continuing to deliberately take what I’m saying out of its clear context - despite me unambiguously stating what that context was - and explaining why it was taken out of context. 

Which would be repeating the same straw man for the fourth time - and is at this point now egregiously dishonest.

By all means, walk me through your logic here:

We were both talking about infanticide, about the treatment of mothers who kill their children, whether it was murder, how the law for infanticide is interpreted, how the punishment for that law applies to those mothers deciding to murder their kids. You say that a mother killing a child is not murder.

On what basis did you conclude, given that clear context, that talking about you suggesting that  “killing a child is not murder” in reference to your specific claim about mothers - that I am suddenly and out of absolutely nowhere talking about any child murder by anyone? Especially given that neither before or since have I talked at any point mentioned or argued about anything other than mothers?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
On what basis do you feel it needs a fifth, what is wrong with the previous four that you feel necessitates need writing another argument after you’ve ignored the previous four?
your failure to communicate with the person you are speaking to
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
your failure to communicate with the person you are speaking to

What don’t you understand? What specifically in any of my last 5 arguments isn’t clear?

You can’t just ignore every single argument someone makes and then, when challenged say “you’re just not explaining it well enough”

At this point I think it’s fairly self evidence that you are unable to have any rational discussion.

As you haven’t bothered to contest anything I’ve said: I will take that as a clear and unambiguous sign that you’ve conceded the point.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@3RU7AL

--> @Shila
Women not only get pregnant but have to carry the baby, feed and nurture it for a while.
Whereas the man need only ejaculate into a women and most do prematurely. But the burden of parenting is disproportionate. Hence the double standards.
the asymmetry comes from the ability to "opt out"

if the mother chooses to "opt out" this results in the death of the fetus

if the father chooses to "opt out" the consequences are much less dire

since the stakes are much lower for the father and much higher for the mother

why would the mother be given a chance to "opt out" while the father is given no such option ?
Women want the right to decide over their own bodies and ovaries. That is why their movement is called Pro Choice.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
Women want the right to decide over their own bodies and ovaries. That is why their movement is called Pro Choice.
men want the right to decide who they work for, you know, with their bodies
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
As you haven’t bothered to contest anything I’ve said:
i've repeatedly pointed out where you've misquoted me
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@3RU7AL

Repeating the dishonest strawman #6 - As shown in post 171, 177, 179, 182, 187. Which you ignored. 

At no point in any of my arguments have I misrepresented anything you said to mean something you didn’t mean.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Ramshutu
In a civil debate - you don’t repeatedly ignore the opposing argument, and when someone points out you are engaging in an outrageous straw man by taking the things he’s saying so far out of its obvious context that it beggars belief - you don’t simply ignore that argument and restate the same straw man.
LOL!!! The sheer level of your hypocrisy knows no bounds. LOL!!! 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@3RU7AL
That's their forte, to constantly misquote, misinterpret, and mischaracterize what another says. They have done it to me too, on more than one thread.  
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@TWS1405
LOL!!! The sheer level of your hypocrisy knows no bounds. LOL!!! 
In what way? Please explain and cite a where you feel I’ve made a number of straw man, and haven’t respond.

If you’re considering your other threads - recall in these threads I provided detailed arguments which you were unable to respond to. 

How about I cite the arguments I made to which you refuses to respond, and you cite the arguments you made to which I refused to respond? And we can stack them up together
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@TWS1405
That's their forte, to constantly misquote, misinterpret, and mischaracterize what another says. They have done it to me too, on more than one thread.  
By all means please give an example - any example - of me mischaracterizing what you’ve said.

I think you’re just making this up.
Shila
Shila
-->
@3RU7AL

--> @Shila
But Abortion is performed on a woman’s body. Shouldn’t she have rights over her own body?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
But Abortion is performed on a woman’s body. Shouldn’t she have rights over her own body?
yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Ramshutu
compare and contrast

a mother who kills her own child within the first 12 months

a father who kill his own child within the first 12 months
Shila
Shila
-->
@3RU7AL
--> @Shila
yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes
All this can be avoided if men settle for oral and anal sex and women stop being cunts.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@3RU7AL
compare and contrast

a mother who kills her own child within the first 12 months

a father who kill his own child within the first 12 months

Repeating the dishonest strawman #7 - As shown in post 171, 177, 179, 182, 187, 193. Which you ignored and keep ignoring.

That comparison is meaningless; as it is clearly and absolutely self evident from every single thing I have said  in every single post that I have been talking about and have only ever been talking about mothers killing their children.

Your objection, talking about your claims of infanticide not being murder in the first 12 months in the sense of  “a mother killing a child isn’t murder” or “killing a child” instead of “a mother killing her child”  is somehow misrepresenting what you said - where every single last line of my argument singularly talks about mothers and their children, and infanticide - and nothing I argued EVER, at any point suggested or implied that you were suggesting mothers killing ANY  child is not murder - or any non mother killing a child is not Murder -  is so semantically absurd, and  so dishonestly asinine it barely warrants a response.

It’s a straw man - nothing I have said in any of my arguments or posts can be interpreted, in good faith, to suggest you were arguing fathers or strangers could kill children, or mothers could kill children that were not theirs. This is bad faith argument. A strawman.

Like I said and you keep ignoring. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
 Talking of cunts.

Q. What is the only animal with a cunt in the middle of it's back?
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
> @Shila
 Talking of cunts.

How long did it take you to find out you were in the wrong place before you corrected yourself?

Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
excellent point - tremendous 
Shila
Shila
-->
@Vici

--> @zedvictor4
> @Shila
 Talking of cunts.

How long did it take you to find out you were in the wrong place before you corrected yourself?

Vici: excellent point - tremendous 
Thanks!!!