There’s No Objective Evidence the Federal “Assault Weapons” Ban Saved Lives - Just Facts Daily

Author: Public-Choice

Total: 85
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@ebuc
So what are you arguing then? That only the mentally ill should be unable to defend themselves?
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Public-Choice
So what are you arguing then? That only the mentally ill should be unable to defend themselves?
I made no such statements as you infer above.

I'm not sure that i'm arguing anything specific other than what is stated in my posts.

It is easier to kill self and others with guns  -- artillery --  than knives. I was very clear about that, and you seem to be clueless to this rather simple and logical common sense. I think your fanaticism about guns blinds you to rather simple logical common sense truths.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@ebuc
Then why did you, in the very beginning, ask me about if all citizens or just some should have guns? And why even ask these questions at all if you and I agree that guns shouldn't be limited?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Public-Choice
Then why did you, in the very beginning, ask me about if all citizens or just some should have guns? And why even ask these questions at all if you and I agree that guns shouldn't be limited?

I dunno as I dont remember the comments or context of for which they were applied.

Guns --firepower---  kill self and/or others faster, easier and more people than knives. Simple logical common sense.

Your ego is blinds you to the truth
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@ebuc
The ninjas killed whole villages in minutes with a sword. Nobody heard them coming, and nobody heard their victims scream.

You're telling me guns work better?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Public-Choice
You're telling me guns work better?
This is getting old. Either you improve your reading comprehension skills of what ive stated or time for me to move on. Please place your ego to the side and allow access to logical common sense truth. Simple for some, difficult for those like your self
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
By " Assult weapon " do you strictly mean a gun?
Do you mean a automatic or part auto gun.  

What does one do If someone, lets say  ( uknown to you )
( mildly intimidating )  pulls a gun out from somewhere and points it at you.  ?   
And lets say .   At a  distance at like ( 5 meters )
And says ( nothing? ) 

Oh Wow .   so many factors are at play and i haven't even started yet. 

What do you think the main response is. ?
I mean how do you think most people will act ?
What do you think the most common reactions to this is. 

My guess is. 
Your eyes squint and you coward away / turn your head.  
Get scared so to speak.    

But so so so so many things need to be taken into or not into account before i could ever possibly fathom if guns are " good or bad " 

Assult wepons are better for  Waving around  and or pointing it at someone to lets say ,,, " get what ya want " 

An Assult weapon look scary.  
Big guns look way scarier then small guns. 

Fuck all these factors. 
I could be hear  all day trying to pencil out a simple little scenario that works. 

I'm going to pass on this. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ebuc
You rattled of a few things you've done before with a knife and or gun. 

Killing animals is one thing.  torturing them is the next level.  
We humans relationship with " seafood " needs to be addressed. 

We / you / me have more then likely tortured multiple species of seafood a dozen times over. 

Seafood wishes we killed them with a assult weapon. 
Cube ?   You've been pretty ruthless to seafood in your time hey?  

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Seafood wishes we killed them with a assult weapon. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
You've been pretty ruthless to seafood in your time hey?
Shot the bird, shot the frog, sprayed wasp spray into possums eyes and back porch.

When I fished I think I did cut of at least one head, whether it was before or after they were dead, cant recall.  I think I scaled at least one fish.

Mother would wring chickens necks and I have vague memory of her teaching me how to do it.

Been primarily vegatarian for 40 years or more. Some salmon and sardines in that time period and shrimp once or twice.

Killed a few rats, many flys and wasps. Killed a poisonous snake once at end of my driveway, tho usually catch them and haul far away.

Killed many brown recluse and black and brown widows.

Once sat in field had razor blade and nick my wrist just a little as I contemplated suicide. Quickly realized that was not what I wanted to do. 
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@ebuc
You keep saying I have an ego, but you have continued to dodge my studies, statistics, and my historical facts in favor of silly childhood insults.

Are you really this dense or are you a troll account?
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Public-Choice
in favor of silly childhood insults.
100% THIS.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Public-Choice
--> @Shila
Nah fam. Look at my definitions again...

Cult is "a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious."

Christianity is a religion. Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are cults, because they are unorthodox and spurious forms of a religion.

They have firmly held beliefs that are unorthodox and spurious.

I, personally, believe the known universe points directly to God. The realms of philosophy, empiricism, rationalism, epistemic logic, all end up at God, because He created the universe.
The Bible gives little details about science behind creation. It doesn’t  even meet the standards of a fourth grade science class.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Shila
Job is a pretty scientific book. You should read it sometime.

Also, the premise is "God created the world."

Considering the crapshoot that is Evolution and the fact that many scientists are abandoning it in favor of a multiverse theory that is based on pure wishful thinking and not raw empiricism or even epistemic logic of some sort shows that there is just one premise that holds true.

Something created us.

Now, that something came down 2,000 years ago, walked among us, did miracles among us, fed us, taught us, and died and rose again for us.

People literally walked and talked with God and decided to kill him. Just shows how pigheaded we humans really can be. Jesus never did anything that deserved death. In fact, he even defended the temple when people were trying to use it to line their pockets with money by taking advantage of people, something many Athiests wish Christians today would do with some televangelists.

Now fast forward to today, and this God is still performing miracles, raising the dead, and appearing to people. And others are seeing Him in their after-death experiences.

So yeah. The Bible is the only book that makes an iota of sense given the facts.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL
100% THIS.

False, 100% this  in post 66...This is getting old. Either you improve your reading comprehension skills of what ive stated or time for me to move on. Please place your ego to the side and allow access to logical common sense truth. Simple for some, difficult for those like your self..

and none of that is silly childhood insult, it is in response to his ego based denial that guns/firepower are more dangerous than knives.

Your obvious not following along 3Ru and address this dudes lack of logical common sense truths.  They are a waste of time and effort cause their ego is running in denial of logical common sense truths. Ex here in post 39 I respond to his intellectual ego denial again

.......Comparing a knife to any type of gun is kind of silliness on your part at best, at worst it is your ego in fear of an ego death, even when our ego's cannot die......

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@ebuc
time for me to move on.
And take a few writing classes and maybe read a grammar book because, apparently, the only person who understands what you wrote is you thus far.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Public-Choice
And take a few writing classes and maybe read a grammar book because, apparently, the only person who understands what you wrote is you thus far.

Your ego still working overtime in denial of logical common sense truth. Sorry dont think I can do this with you no mo bro.

PS God = Universe, not a creator of Universe ergo more logical common sense truths your are most likely in denial of also.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Public-Choice
-> @Shila
Job is a pretty scientific book. You should read it sometime.

Also, the premise is "God created the world."

Considering the crapshoot that is Evolution and the fact that many scientists are abandoning it in favor of a multiverse theory that is based on pure wishful thinking and not raw empiricism or even epistemic logic of some sort shows that there is just one premise that holds true.

Something created us.

Now, that something came down 2,000 years ago, walked among us, did miracles among us, fed us, taught us, and died and rose again for us.

People literally walked and talked with God and decided to kill him. Just shows how pigheaded we humans really can be. Jesus never did anything that deserved death. In fact, he even defended the temple when people were trying to use it to line their pockets with money by taking advantage of people, something many Athiests wish Christians today would do with some televangelists.

Now fast forward to today, and this God is still performing miracles, raising the dead, and appearing to people. And others are seeing Him in their after-death experiences.

So yeah. The Bible is the only book that makes an iota of sense given the facts.
Just the thought God /Jesus was put away by the Romans with a simple crucifixion when it took the armies of the world to unite together to take Hitler down. Gives us a sense of awe at the 6 million Jews Hitler sacrificed to being salvation to the world. Why aren’t we praying to Hitler if we believe dead Jews can offer forgiveness like Jesus did?

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Shila
Yeah... but they haven't found the body though...

In the eyewitness accounts, 500 people saw Jesus resurrect. There is no body, but record of a crucifixion, a tomb, and more.

And furthermore, if you read the eyewitness accounts, you will find that Jesus said he gave his life up voluntarily and he would rise from the dead after three days and three nights. 

The only way to kill God is precisely if He lets you. And even moreso, just his human body died, not his spirit.

Then he rises from the dead three days later. Like. Once again, we haven't found the body despite knowing the tomb, there being a historical record of his crucifixion, etc. Pretty powerful and convincing stuff if you ask me.

Also, people to this day are still healed of things after prayer to God. That, to me, is the clincher. People are just miraculously healed of cancer, multiple sclerosis, and more. These are not just flukes, either. They are medically documented miracles. There are doctor's notes, x-rays, scans and more.

One such book of these miracles is called Ten Healing Miracles by medical researcher H. Richard Casdorph. As the title suggests, he medically documents 10 miracles that happened after prayer to God. It's literally physical proof of miracles after prayer to God, written by a medical researcher with 100 published articles. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Public-Choice
Yep, such is mythology.

And PMA is good for sure....Doesn't matter how one achieves it....And praying to one's particular GOD is one method.

And sometimes miracles seemingly occur.

If one considers the millions/billions of events that occur in a single day, odds are that one or two are going to be slightly unusual.

And then there is exaggeration and make believe to consider......Especially if there is a profit to be made.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Public-Choice
--> @Shila
Yeah... but they haven't found the body though...

In the eyewitness accounts, 500 people saw Jesus resurrect. There is no body, but record of a crucifixion, a tomb, and more.

And furthermore, if you read the eyewitness accounts, you will find that Jesus said he gave his life up voluntarily and he would rise from the dead after three days and three nights. 

The only way to kill God is precisely if He lets you. And even moreso, just his human body died, not his spirit.

Then he rises from the dead three days later. Like. Once again, we haven't found the body despite knowing the tomb, there being a historical record of his crucifixion, etc. Pretty powerful and convincing stuff if you ask me.

Also, people to this day are still healed of things after prayer to God. That, to me, is the clincher. People are just miraculously healed of cancer, multiple sclerosis, and more. These are not just flukes, either. They are medically documented miracles. There are doctor's notes, x-rays, scans and more.

One such book of these miracles is called Ten Healing Miracles by medical researcher H. Richard Casdorph. As the title suggests, he medically documents 10 miracles that happened after prayer to God. It's literally physical proof of miracles after prayer to God, written by a medical researcher with 100 published articles. 
The gospels give us eyewitness accounts about the crucifixion of Jesus, the empty tomb, his resurrection and even appearing before the disciples.

John 20:Jesus Appears to Thomas
24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Shila
Yes he did appear to the 12 for 40 days and they watched him rise into heaven (Acts 1:1-8).

But he also appeared to some on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35).

And Paul said Jesus appeard to over 500 people, even telling his readers that many are still alive. (1 Corinthians 15:6). This is significant because, if Paul were making this up, he would not have said that, because Luke and others compiled eyewitness statements about Jesus's life from every source they could find. Surely these 500 people would have stated they never saw Jesus and therefore fact check Paul. But we see no such historical record existing.

Paul, himself, is a particularly interesting witness of the Resurrection because he was becoming a prominent Jewish religious leader who gained fame and prominence from stoning Christians. He thought the entire Christian religion was a cult. His views we so passionate about it that he stoned Christians to death himself. 

To Paul, the only thing that actually changed his mind was literally seeing Jesus risen from the dead, and being blinded by it, so that he had to be guided to the God following man who healed him.

Paul's life after being a Christian was no laughing matter. He was broke, imprisoned multiple times, shipwrecked, literally floating out to sea, beaten, and whipped for his testimony.

Who would give up prominence, fame, and fortune to be poor, beaten, imprisoned, and shipwrecked? Only someone who truly believed what happened to him. 

In various accounts of Paul, not one man calls him crazy or irrational, and there isn't any chance it is a mental disorder because of his coherence and intelligence and scholarliness.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Public-Choice
--> @Shila
Yes he did appear to the 12 for 40 days and they watched him rise into heaven (Acts 1:1-8).

But he also appeared to some on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35).

And Paul said Jesus appeard to over 500 people, even telling his readers that many are still alive. (1 Corinthians 15:6). This is significant because, if Paul were making this up, he would not have said that, because Luke and others compiled eyewitness statements about Jesus's life from every source they could find. Surely these 500 people would have stated they never saw Jesus and therefore fact check Paul. But we see no such historical record existing.

Paul, himself, is a particularly interesting witness of the Resurrection because he was becoming a prominent Jewish religious leader who gained fame and prominence from stoning Christians. He thought the entire Christian religion was a cult. His views we so passionate about it that he stoned Christians to death himself. 

To Paul, the only thing that actually changed his mind was literally seeing Jesus risen from the dead, and being blinded by it, so that he had to be guided to the God following man who healed him.

Paul's life after being a Christian was no laughing matter. He was broke, imprisoned multiple times, shipwrecked, literally floating out to sea, beaten, and whipped for his testimony.

Who would give up prominence, fame, and fortune to be poor, beaten, imprisoned, and shipwrecked? Only someone who truly believed what happened to him. 

Paul did not see Jesus rising from the dead. 
“The narrative of the Book of Acts suggests Paul's conversion occurred 4–7 years after the crucifixion of Jesus. The accounts of Paul's conversion experience describe it as miraculous, supernatural, or otherwise revelatory in nature.”
Paul only saw a vision of Jesus on the road to Damascus.
Acts 9:As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”
5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.
“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”
7 The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8 Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9 For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

In various accounts of Paul, not one man calls him crazy or irrational, and there isn't any chance it is a mental disorder because of his coherence and intelligence and scholarliness.

Evidence is offered to suggest a neurological origin for Paul's ecstatic visions. Paul's physical state at the time of his conversion is discussed and related to these ecstatic experiences. It is postulated that both were manifestations of temporal lobe epilepsy.

Lair77
Debates: 4
Lair77
Is there any evidence that bans on grenades, rocket launchers and c4 bombs save lives? 

Why aren't these included in the right to bear arms?
Shila
Shila
-->
@Lair77
Is there any evidence that bans on grenades, rocket launchers and c4 bombs save lives?  

Why aren't these included in the right to bear arms?
The weapon of choice to kill people are guns.

But grenades, rocket launchers and c4 bombs are not the weapon of choice even in the military.