Ruby Red Mississippi asks for Federal money

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 113
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
If you are looking for wealthy POC in the south, it is highly unlikely you will find them in a Democrat-run city.
I’m sure Jackson’s diverse political class are doing quite well for themselves.

Jackson leadership allows violent crime, corruption of all services, and mismanagement at every level. The people of Jackson don't take care of their own communities and then blame it on "racism"

People do not leave cities because of racism, they leave cities when they are destroyed by Democrat managers.
Everything except a South Africa-esque system is racism. White flight from violent crime is racism. Reparations from Whites leaving Jackson should be MANDATORY 💅 
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
Seems more like blue voters voting for incompetent leadership that can’t even provide the most basic of services for its citizens. 
Again dummy, you are not getting it. How can an adult be so clueless on how local government works. Water systems are not run by individual cities. Do you really think each state has hundreds of water and sewer plants, one for each city and town in the state? You may get billed by your city but they don’t build and maintain water treatment plants. This is a county or state function depending on the area where you live.
In this case it’s the Jackson COUNTY Utility Authority. Do you know what an Authority is or do I have to explain that to you as well?

The Jackson County Utility Authority (JCUA) was created by Senate Bill 2943, cited as the “Mississippi Gulf Coast Region Utility Act” General Legislation, 2006 Regular Session, now codified as Mississippi Code §49-17-70 1 et seq.

The JCUA was formerly known as “The Mississippi Gulf Coast Regional Wastewater Authority” which was created by enabling legislation, House Bill 975 of the 1980 Mississippi State Legislature, Section 49-17-301 of the Mississippi Code Annotated.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
This is all rooted in a politics that is based around racial attitudes and a racist history that continues to impact the city and a White leadership of the state who benefits from their suffering,” he said. “They didn’t think it was fair for the city of Jackson to get these resources when their own constituents didn’t have access to the same pot of money.”
Luckett said the city’s infrastructure problems started around 1970, when federal courts forced Jackson schools to desegregate — 16 years after the landmark Brown v. Board of Education case. Thousands of White families moved out of the city, many sending their children to private schools run by the White Citizens’ Councils, white supremacist groups, he said.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Marlin King, the former interim chief administrative officer for the city of Jackson, has been named interim director of the Public Works Department.

The news comes days after WLBT learned that Charles Williams would not be reappointed to the position, and days after a news conference where the mayor said King would be moved to another position within the administration.

King served as interim CAO and as deputy CAO for the city of Jackson. He has a bachelor’s degree in drafting and design technology from Jackson State University and a master’s in architecture from Morgan State University, according to his LinkedIn account.

It was not known if King was the mayor’s choice for the position. Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba has yet to make a formal announcement. However, sources within the city say King is likely the mayor’s choice to take over the position on a permanent basis.

We contacted King, who was not immediately available for comment.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Mission
The Department of Public Works' mission is to contribute to enhancing the quality of life of the citizens of Jackson and visitors through well-planned, environmentally sensitive and cost effective sustainable infrastructure investment; and by providing high quality service delivery to facilitate public health, safety, environmental stewardship and economic growth. The Department of Public Works is committed to the planning and implementation of the policies, goals, and objectives that achieve the Mayor's Vision for the City of Jackson.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
Do you really think that the whole state is in personally running hundreds of water treatment plants and hundreds of public water systems? Lol

Do you really think each state has hundreds of water and sewer plants, one for each city and town in the state?
Yes, I do. There are over 16000 wastewater treatment plants in US

“Usually public systems are managed by utilities that are owned by a city or county“

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
The guy is a central planning freak the likes even Stalin has never seen apparently.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
Yes, I do. There are over 16000 wastewater treatment plants in USL
That’s because you’re a dummy. 16000 wastewater plants and 36,000 local governments. And wastewater systems treat water after it has been used so it can be returned to the environment. Drinking water supply systems are a much bigger project. You seem to be confusing the two different systems.

The centralized drinking water supply infrastructure in the United States consists of dams and reservoirs, well fields, pumping stations, aqueducts for the transport of large quantities of water over long distances, water treatment plants, reservoirs in the water distribution system (including water towers), and 1.8 million miles of distribution lines.[5]: 14  Depending on the location and quality of the water source, all or some of these elements may be present in a particular water supply system. - from your own source that you obviously didn’t read or comprehend because you’re a dummy.

The most recent data from the U.S. Census Bureau (2012) counted 35,879 general purpose local governments, which includes 19,519 municipal governments, 16,360 town and township governments, and 3,031 county governments.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
You must be visually impaired, so I’ll paste this again.

Usually public systems are managed by utilities that are owned by a city or county

53,000 community water systems. “Highly fragmented”

Roosevelt fetishists love centralization, but that isn’t how water treatment works

Now, you silly dum dum, why would the EPA give a letter addressing the mayor of Jackson and “the city of Jackson” for its inspection of the  “City of Jackson Public Water System” if the city wasn’t in charge of the water system?

The city can’t even make sure it’s meters are running correctly. Don’t blame red voters for a blue city’s blue leadership full of (mostly) employees once again screwing up something as crucial as providing clean water
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
The city can’t even make sure it’s meters are running correctly. 
Yes, as I said the city sometimes does the billing. In this case a contractor they hired fucked up the meters. The city sued and won a multi million dollar settlement. But this has nothing to do with who built and operates the drinking water system in Jackson.

Usually public systems are managed by utilities that are owned by a city or county
This meaningless statement is no where to be seen in your source. Please show it in context with the source  and Again, the issue in Jackson is DRINKING WATER SUPPLY not WASTEWATER OR SEWER TREATMENT.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
why would the EPA give a letter addressing the mayor of Jackson and “the city of Jackson” for its inspection of the  “City of Jackson Public Water System” if the city wasn’t in charge of the water system?
Because if the water is unsafe - the city, who bills the residents, would be the ones to notify the people.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
Don’t blame red voters for a blue city’s blue leadership full of (mostly) employees once again screwing up something as crucial as providing clean water
Don’t blame the racists? See number 63 above dummy.

In February 2021, a winter storm shut down the O.B. Curtis Water Treatment Plant, leaving residents without water for a month. City leaders asked the state for $47 million for sewer repairs, but received only $3 million.[10]
- Wiki. Jackson Water Crisis
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Literally posted the website for the city management of Jackson water...lol.

I bet the guy doesn't even pay for his own utilities and just gives his wife all the bills to handle like a good simp.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Ironically, Northern Virginia is actually the area that contributes to the rest of Virginia's infrastructure through both State and Federal taxes. Instead of their tax dollars going to them it goes to places they don't live.

Kinda like how Federal Infrastructure spending works for the most part. . .
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
@IwantRooseveltagain
Because if the water is unsafe - the city, who bills the residents, would be the ones to notify the people.
“Progressivism” is when the ‘city of Jackson public water system’ doesn’t run the public water system for the city of Jackson
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Don’t blame the racists? See number 63 above dummy.
I think the major dummy move is blaming wypipo for every problem in the world.

It’s their own fault they have no tax base. Maybe people left the city to get away from undesirable levels of crime and soon-to-be violent schools for their kids.  Responding in a non-suicidal manner to your environment isn’t racism.

And anyways, $3 million > $0. I don’t think the evil kluxers in the legislature would give $3 million dollars to blacks

The city can’t even currently bill most of its residents correctly even after winning a multi-million dollar lawsuit…. I think the problem goes a lil deeper than ‘gibs us money’ for a fix. 18 months to fix meters? Unimaginable incompetence
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Tupelo has perfectly fine water with 37% of the population Black because they didn't elect a dumbass Democrat to manage their water. Has nothing to do with race.

Blacks are not monolithic, not every Black person wants to be centrally planned by a Democrat, and Tupelo Blacks have no problem sharing a based culture and an environment where people of all colors can prosper instead of flee.

wypipo deflection and race hustling isn't a new thing for Democrats. They have had hundreds of years to perfect the grift.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
Wypipo or racism? 

How do you account for blacks in America being at the bottom of society? There are only 2 possibilities 

1. Blacks are an inferior race of human beings.

2. Blacks have been subjected to systemic racism for hundreds of years in this country.

Which do you believe is true?

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
I don’t think the evil kluxers in the legislature would give $3 million dollars to blacks
It’s obvious you don’t believe the KKK is evil. You think they are simply “Responding in a non-suicidal manner to your environment isn’t racism”

That’s why you are a deplorable. Most Republicans are deplorable. White Power!!

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Roosie sounds like one of those idiot white Democrats that sent money to BLM to pay for their race hustling leader's mansions.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
1. Blacks are an inferior race of human beings.

2. Blacks have been subjected to systemic racism for hundreds of years in this country.

Which do you believe is true?

First off, I prefer the term ‘differently abled’, not ‘inferior’

Why are those positions mutually exclusive?

Can’t it be the case that, yes, there was discrimination in the past and that there are also biological differences that will never lead to every group achieving the same average level of success in life?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Roosie sounds like one of those idiot white Democrats that sent money to BLM to pay for their race hustling leader's mansions.
I might also be this mad and project that feeling of being a dummy onto others if I was so mercilessly swindled

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
It’s obvious you don’t believe the KKK is evil. You think they are simply “Responding in a non-suicidal manner to your environment isn’t racism”
No, I’m not a Kluxer. But I think that White Flight was self-defense on the part of the parents leaving. I wouldn’t want my kids being beaten and stabbed at school. I’d move too

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
No, I’m not a Kluxer. But I think that White Flight was self-defense on the part of the parents leaving. I wouldn’t want my kids being beaten and stabbed at school. I’d move too
Pretty sure the 37% of Tupelo Blacks moved for the same exact reason. Not because they hated Black pipo
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
But I think that White Flight was self-defense on the part of the parents leaving. I wouldn’t want my kids being beaten and stabbed at school. I’d move too
I have no doubt you would move after desegregation. Because you are a racist MAGA Republican.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
there are also biological differences that will never lead to every group achieving the same average level of success in life?
There it is. There’s the racism. You are a deplorable, racist MAGA Republican.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
I prefer the term ‘differently abled’, not ‘inferior’
they are differently abled because of systemic racism you idiot not because of biology. What a MAGA nutcase you are. White Power!!

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
I wouldn’t want my kids
Please tell me you don’t have kids. I hope your genes will die with you. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
I might also be this mad and project that feeling of being a dummy onto others if I was so mercilessly swindled by BLM

Yah, he sounds like a pissed snowflake.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@bmdrocks21
The city can’t even currently bill most of its residents correctly even after winning a multi-million dollar lawsuit…. I think the problem goes a lil deeper than ‘gibs us money’ for a fix. 18 months to fix meters? Unimaginable incompetence
Well the white people in northern Georgia must be incompetent too because they are now under a boil water alert. Of course they will have priority for funding to fix the problem because they are…biologically superior.