So, when will you ban corporal punishment against children?

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 96
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Best.Korea
--> @Shila
First I had picture of Kim Jong Il.

Then Kim Jong Un.

Then Kim Yo Jong. Do people even know who she is?

Now its Putin time.

To say it simply, I use whatever photo I like and I think that Putin looks good in this photo.

It may upset some people, but thats the sacrifice I am willing to make.
It simply prove you are obsessed with autocrats and dictators. You are even willing to make sacrifices for them.

Best.Korea
Debates: 280
Best.Korea
-->
@Shila
I also plan to implement some isolation policies in my policies related to this site.
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Best.Korea
I dont see how that helps your case, but then again I am not a psychopath and I dont understand psychopaths like you.

He says, with Putin as his profile pic . . . . . 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear coal,

I know that you think "profile pic = person".

You also said that corporal punishment turns people into doctors and engineers.

Then you somehow assumed that I am still being subjected to corporal punishment.

Then you went on to explain to me how my parents want whats best for me and that whatever they did to me was justified.

You assumed that you know what my parents did to me despite the fact you never even met them.

You used that as an argument to humiliate me in some of your psychopathic way.

Then you blocked me.

Anyway, thank you for proving my point for me.

Thank you for proving with your example that people still support beating children.

You would make your psychopatic ancestors proud.

With love, Best Korea
Shila
Shila
Best.Korea: --> @Shila
I also plan to implement some isolation policies in my policies related to this site.
It was only a matter of time before you adopted your autocratic heroes practices.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

Yes, one policy of isolationism is the increased use of the block button on people such as you.
The second policy is to mock anyone who disagrees with me.

It should be easy to implement.
Shila
Shila
Dear Shila,

Yes, one policy of isolationism is the increased use of the block button on people such as you.
The second policy is to mock anyone who disagrees with me.

It should be easy to implement.
If it works why is Putin facing such a resistance in Ukraine?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

We will see if it works. My other policies failed, or to say: havent achieved expected goals.
The isolationist policy cannot fail more than my previous policies.
Shila
Shila
Dear Shila,

We will see if it works. My other policies failed, or to say: havent achieved expected goals. 
The isolationist policy cannot fail more than my previous policies.
Why are you copying the failed policies of past American presidents like defending south Vietnam against North Vietnam. Defending Iraq against Saddam Hussein. Defending Afghanistan against Al Qaeda. Than failing in every venture.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Shila,

I will not defend anyone anymore, be it Vietnam or Iraq. Even if Iraq sends me a friend request right now, I would decline then block.
Shila
Shila
Best.Korea: Dear Shila,

I will not defend anyone anymore, be it Vietnam or Iraq. Even if Iraq sends me a friend request right now, I would decline then block.
Very unusual that you are making public announcements about your future policies. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Uragirimono
Childre have always been subject to social and parental oppression.

It's what's known as conditioning or education.

What is the alternative?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Yes, the children deserve to be beaten because there is no alternative way.

I will go and thank my parents right now. I think I even need to pay them some money.

Also, I might need to apologize to them.

But there is a problem.
In many cases where they punished me with the rod, I cant remember what I was being punished for. So I dont know what to apologize for.

Well, I will simply apologize in general and say "I am sorry for all the troubles I caused you when I was a child".

Yes, this seems like a good solution.

I think everyone should punish their children every day. Even if children did nothing wrong, you should still punish them every day so they know who is in charge.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
You still never answered RationalMadman's question.

What does North Korea think about corporal punishment?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Period-Choice,

Is RationalMadmad your girlfriend? Is that why you defend her? 

Listen here pal: I may not have the answer to your question, but I can still block and insult you.

The fact that you are an american means you probably support child abuse.

Every president that you had was mass murderer.

Americans kill children with cars every day.

If America died in a nuclear war, the only real damage would be to the trees.
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@Best.Korea
I think everyone should punish their children every day. Even if children did nothing wrong, you should still punish them every day so they know who is in charge.
So not only do you think it is okay to molest children but you advocate punishing them, even if they have done nothing wrong. The Marquis de Sade would be proud of you.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Elliott
Dear Elly,

If I was punished as a kid, everyone else should be punished as well.
This is fair and makes sense.
Elliott
Elliott
Oh dear, looks like I have been blocked by Best.Korea.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear Elly,

That is part of the new isolationist policy. Since I only consider myself as a valuable human being, it follows that others are less worthy. So in that sense, you are less worthy in my eyes.

So I have no problem blocking you.

Since I am a superior human being, all morality is determined by me. I consider my opinion the most important on all matters.
Uragirimono
Debates: 1
Uragirimono
-->
@zedvictor4
The connotations of "conditioning" aren't good ones lol. I don't think we should brush things off as simple "conditioning" of children. 

I'm fine with education, but most people interact with children from a me-first approach rather than taking time to understand how to actually educate children. If a 6 year old lies to a parent and a parent smacks them, you haven't told them not to lie. You've taught them to not to lie to the parent. There's been no discussion on why lying is generally bad, you've only said "lying to this person gets you smacked." The child may indeed stop lying to that person, but no moral education has been done. 

We take this approach to education because we generally value the experience of the adult over the experience of the child. True education requires meeting a child where they are and leading them in a new direction, and we're generally pretty terrible at that.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Uragirimono
Educating is conditioning.

If a society has a standard educational regime, then this is social conditioning.

And if you think about it every adult was a conditioned child. So, an adult's experience may or may not have value, other than the perpetuation of a flawed regime.

But of course, what actually is a perfect regime?

And who or what has the authority to implement the perfect regime.

And therefore, who or what actually has the authority to define morality.

As things stand, we rely upon a collective decision which may or may not be perpetually flawed.

And as I initially stated, with regard to the topic in question we can separate the physicality of the parent child relationship into two broad categories.

1. Correctional.

2. Abuse.

Wherein purpose, intent and outcome are distinctly different.

The purpose of correction is to prohibit unwanted behaviour contrary to social expectation.

Whereas the purpose of abuse, is the satisfaction of the abuser, relative to the social failings of the abuser. (Flawed conditioning maybe).
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I quite enjoy  punishing other peoples kids.  
Especially when it has been a whike since youve like really yelled at kid.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Some of my fave kiddy punishments are. 
Off to bed with no dinner. 
And or.
Grounding for a week.   No electric device's.  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Oh  crap. 
I just found my cat lying on my keyboard again. 

Uragirimono
Debates: 1
Uragirimono
-->
@zedvictor4
I'm interested that you only see Correctional and Abuse as the two categories of parent-child relationship.

Which category does it fall into when a parent encourages their child's artistic endeavors? it's not correctional, as there are no social expectations to enforce, but if not done correctly the child's creativity will be crushed, perhaps for their entire lifetime.

I agree that there's a motivational difference between abuse and correction, but if you're saying correction can never be abusive, I disagree. If a child is screaming in the supermarket, there's a difference between beating them and helping them recognize the emotions they're struggling with and offering healthy ways of coping/self-regulating. While the ultimate goal may be correction (because no one wants kids screaming in the supermarket), beating teaches a kid nothing other than "I get beat when I scream" whereas proper coping discipline will follow them throughout the entirety of their life. 

This is also a mindset we only see with children. Children scream in anger and frustration and we beat them. When adults scream in anger and frustration, it's a crime to beat them .

It's my belief we often prefer the beating method (even if the beating is minor) over the educational method because we culturally enjoy the idea of punishment and we also think adults deserve to unleash their feelings of embarrassment and frustration on a child. Even if the adult's motivation was correctional in beating the child, the end result is abuse. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@Uragirimono
--> @zedvictor4
I'm interested that you only see Correctional and Abuse as the two categories of parent-child relationship.

Which category does it fall into when a parent encourages their child's artistic endeavors? it's not correctional, as there are no social expectations to enforce, but if not done correctly the child's creativity will be crushed, perhaps for their entire lifetime.

I agree that there's a motivational difference between abuse and correction, but if you're saying correction can never be abusive, I disagree. If a child is screaming in the supermarket, there's a difference between beating them and helping them recognize the emotions they're struggling with and offering healthy ways of coping/self-regulating. While the ultimate goal may be correction (because no one wants kids screaming in the supermarket), beating teaches a kid nothing other than "I get beat when I scream" whereas proper coping discipline will follow them throughout the entirety of their life. 

This is also a mindset we only see with children. Children scream in anger and frustration and we beat them. When adults scream in anger and frustration, it's a crime to beat them .

It's my belief we often prefer the beating method (even if the beating is minor) over the educational method because we culturally enjoy the idea of punishment and we also think adults deserve to unleash their feelings of embarrassment and frustration on a child. Even if the adult's motivation was correctional in beating the child, the end result is abuse
If you have to beat your child to discipline it you might have a retarded child. If abortion is banned corporal punishment should be fully legalized and so must euthanasia or mercy killing.

coal
coal
Best Korea

You have failed to state a coherent point about corporal punishment or those who support it.  To whatever extent you have convinced yourself into thinking that you've done otherwise, your imagination is where that delusion begins and ends.  

But yes, I assume you're probably still spanked by your parents.  I assume you're Korean.  I've had enough Korean friends to know they were spanked by their parents, how often, for how long, with what and why.  

Some of them still kept getting spanked into college, for bringing home poor grades.  But you're almost certainly no older than 14-15, which tells me you are almost certainly still being spanked by your parents, which is almost certainly why you wrote this thread.  

Your use of language suggests you lack the maturity to take responsibility for your own actions, which is probably a significant contributing factor to why you're still spanked.  For example, you externalize blame to "those people" who support or at least do not oppose corporal punishment.  You call them "psychopaths," but say no more.

So, I get both your age and your educational level (as well as the fact that you're still a student) from both how you are making the point you're making and how you're psychologically reacting to those who disagree with you.  To illustrate, you have an unsophisticated yet concrete understanding of psychopathy.  You understand that it's a term with significant connotative gravity which involves some level of moral failing/deficit, connected with a predisposition towards malice.  

Here, that you chose a term involving predisposition towards malice and level of some moral failing/deficit is what matters for our purposes.  You believe that the one who is culpable, which is to say, the one doing wrong is the one who is engaged in the act of punishing another; and this is a perspective held only by one who is still punished in that way, or at least who has been punished in that way recently.

And that's what's weird about our conversation.  On the one hand, you're externalizing guilt and culpability in a manner that would be expected from a younger child, older than a toddler but younger than a teenager.  But on the other hand, you're communicating in a way suggests you're at least in the 8th to 10th grade.  So, psychologically you've not matured at the same rate that you've physically grown and you'd be generally behind the curve, relative to a typical adolescent.

I did not say "peers" because your peers may be about as psychologically mature as you are, as a result of the harm due to COVID-19 lockdowns.  Basically, the idea is that you missed out on about 3 years of "growing up" because of "public health" measures during the pandemic.  But so did all of your peers, so the baseline I'm comparing you against isn't necessarily reflective of where your actual "peers" would be.  Absent the pandemic, you'd probably be in about the 25th percentile of psychological maturity.  With it, I have no idea . . . but potentially up to the 50th percentile.  Which is to say, your behaviour here could be normal of your specific generation. 

But it also doesn't change the fact that you're still school aged.  I assume, however, that the extent of your psychological maturity is probably a contributing factor to why you're still spanked, given that you're Korean.  Especially if you have an older sibling, and I'd bet you do, against whom you are compared by your parents, which is why they think you still probably require corporal punishment --- whether or not your older sibling was still spanked at that age. 

I also didn't humiliate you.  Nor was humiliating you my intention.  But the fact that you felt humiliated is reflected by what you said in response to me.  And the fact that you felt humiliated is an additional data point that is consistent with my assessment of your age/demographic assessment.  

Now, here me when I say this:  There is absolutely no reason to feel humiliated because your parents spank you.  Or impose limits on your behaviour.  Or correct you when you do something improper.  Within the bounds of reason, of course.  The purpose of correcting children is instruction, not to inflict pain for the sake of inflicting pain.  There are parents who can be like that, but it is highly atypical of what I would expect from Asian parents, in general, and Korean parents, in particular.  

Children are a point of pride in Korean families.  Your parents view your behaviour as a reflection of their own worth, as people.  So, when you fuck up by being a little shit, it is their honor and your family's honor that they believe is on the line.  That is because if you are fucking up, as you might do by being a bratty little shit, it means they have failed to properly instruct you how to behave.  Which means they have failed as parents.  Your failure, however big or small, is their failure as parents.  And they do not want you to fail, because they do not want to dishonor themselves or your family.  

Now here's a little secret, as well.  If your parents didn't give a shit about you, or actively wanted to bring harm to you, they would allow your misbehaviour to go uncorrected.  That is what happens when white parents let their "little angels" have "whatever they want," because they "deserve it."  There was a crackpot child psychologist in the 1970s and 80s who taught this "self esteem" model of child rearing.  It's the reason why Millenials are so fucked up, psychologically.  They got participation trophies for showing up and their parents (for the most part) reinforced their antisocial behaviour by failing to correct it, often to the point of feeding narcissism and engendering a sense of actually pathological entitlement.  That's why they're the "pull ups and participation trophy" generation.  I could talk about parenting norms of other groups, but I think this is enough for you to get the point.  Some Indian (from India) parents made that same mistake.  

Tangentially, I guarantee you that at least 4/5 people here were spanked by their parents.  Including the people who deny it.  

The next time your parents spank you, after its over ask yourself why you were spanked.  Ask yourself "What have I done that brought about this result?" and "How could I have acted differently, that might have prevented me from being spanked?"  And the lesson you should be taking from that self reflection is not to become better at avoiding getting caught.  It is to recognize the behaviour that caused them to spank you, and stop doing it.  

But as long as you're pouting about how mean your parents are for spanking you, you're still going to get spanked.  It's just that simple.  Sadly, you don't seem to have figured that out yet. 

Again.  I really did not intend to humiliate you.  Nor do I think I actually humiliated you.  Nor would I ever intend to humiliate someone who I am pretty sure is only a kid.  That's not how I roll.  But in my opinion, you have done a fair job of that yourself.  

If you want to discuss this privately, I will unblock you so you can DM me.  But if you're going to continue to be an obnoxious little brat, I have no interest.  You are your parents' responsibility.  Not mine.  
coal
coal
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I quite enjoy  punishing other peoples kids.  
Lol . . . I think my highschool football coach did too.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Uragirimono
Well, I certainly never preferred the beating method.

And as I tried to make clear, I was suggesting two "broad" categories relative to corporal punishment.

Though the term corporal punishment tends to conjure up thoughts of abuse rather than methods of mild correction.

And encouraging artistic endeavours or not, is not necessarily relevant to the issue of corporal punishment.

The imposition of parental and social expectation upon a child has always been what it is, conditioning/coercion with or without physical correction/abuse. 

The transfer of religious ideology is a perfect example of this.

We might all have been great artist's if it weren't for.

But it's probably more of a benefit to society and evolution that we are not all great artists.

Though I would not be surprised if many great artists were subjected to the beating method.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Dear coal,

I only read the beginning of your argument. Since I disagreed with it, I assume the rest of it is also wrong.

You probably think you have a right to talk. However, everything what you have said here is illogical because I disagree with it.

I think I am right and you are wrong because you are not me. I decide what is right. You dont.

Do you think I consider you a valuable human being? I dont.
In fact, if you died today I wouldnt care. I wouldnt even feel bad.

Stop giving yourself value. In my eyes, you have none.