Hall of Fame Upcoming

Author: Vader

Total: 9
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Greetings from the Moderation Team!

On October 19th, the Moderation team will be commencing the fourth annual DART Hall of Fame. The DART Hall of Fame is a process in which we honor users, forums, and debates that have made an impact on the community as a whole. This tradition was carried over from Debate.org, and we have continued it from there to here. Below will explain the process of the Hall of Fame...

October 19th through October 22nd - Users can nominate three of the following from each selected category (users, debates, and forums). The nominees with the most nominations will enter the final voting stage

October 23rd through October 26th - Users will select three nominees from each category that they believe deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. The nominees with the most votes will be selected for the Hall of Fame

In addition to the main categories, there is also a miscellaneous category for which you can nominate funny moments, a certain post, or anything that doesn’t fit the requirements of the main categories.

There are no prerequisites or eligibility requirements for users to participate in the Hall of Fame nominating or voting processes, except that they have an account on DART and are not voting/nominating from more than one account. Importantly, coordinating votes or severe spamming of votes is prohibited. This will result in all votes that were deemed as spam nullified. You may argue with people on their choice if warranted, but mass campaigning is prohibited. Private PM's with groupchats is prohibited. This process is about awarding those with merit or importance, and not about awarding those who can cajole the most voters. Also, more exact start and end times will be made clear in the threads in question, to ensure there is no ambiguity as to when the processes begin and conclude. Please be sure to check these times 

I am posting this update now to (a) brief you on the process, (b) give notice about the restrictions placed on campaigning and vote coordinating/rigging, and (c) give you time to consider who/what you would like to nominate, come October 19th! 

Finally, I understand that this is a bit later than usual and I apologize for this, but hopefully we can have an active engagement in honoring those who have benefited the site

Sincerely,
SupaDudz and the rest of the Moderation Team

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I nomínate Greyparrot. The master of finding memes and videos. #1 in forum posts
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
We cannot discuss that yet, it counts as campaigning.

This thread is actually a tease.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Vote for Joe!
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
thank you 
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
finally, I get recocgnisiton 
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
You cant spell Hall of Fame without Japanese dictionary.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
Bsh1 misformatted the URLs, because the word participants changes to profiles for the homepage of one's profile

Please have my hall of fame link be my profile, it is a broken URL at the moment.

For Virtuoso and Ragnar, you may want to link to the new user profiles.

You can edit bsh1's post by backdoor editing.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
Updated. Let me know if I missed anything.