Can anyone explain this nonsense?

Author: Stephen

Total: 72
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
What I find difficult is to understand what you believe! 
I have made that,  my stance ,  perfectly  clear on what must be over a hundred occasions now. You seem to have missed it every single time I have explained it.

You seem to believe one verse but not another on no consistent basis

Ok. give me an example, right now. 

- that puts atheists and theists off!

How? But before you answer that, You need to put up an example of my inconsistency.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
OPINION, you clown.
No sir. Demonstrated by your silly posts. Each time Keith has understood the verse you stumble over.

Frankly, your criticisms are stupid. Funny in fact. Funnier still is how clueless you are, calling others clowns as you ride your unicycle with the painted face and big red nose.

The verse simply says, store up treasures that will last, not the the kind that will rot, be stolen, or fade away. You are too dumb to understand that simplicity. It's funny.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
The verse simply says, store up treasures that will last, not the the kind that will rot, be stolen, or fade away. You are too dumb to understand that simplicity. It's funny

Not quite. This is what it actually says 

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21.

And the Old Testament contradicts that you  ABSOLUTE CLOWN, so we have jesus contradicting his own "father". 

LOOK YOU clown>>

II Chronicles 1:12, God promised Solomon: “Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after they have the like.”
 You just cannot explain this can you. You are in fact incredulous not to mention ignorant. 

ethang5
ethang5
And you have jumped to yet another verse. As usual.

You are empty, vacuous. Lacking logic.

Look up incredulous, it doesn't mean what you think.

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal

store up treasures that will last, not the the kind that will rot, be stolen, or fade away. 

but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal

You are too dumb to understand that simplicity. It's funny

Clowns are funny.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@ethang5
I am never sure what point Stephen is trying to make, but I think the problem is that in Chronicles the bible seems to be approve of earthly wealth but in the gospels it disaapproves of them.

The solution is that the Hebrew/Jewish religion changed.   If you are an atheist one explains the change in historical and sociological terms.   If you are a believer it is due to the change from old to new covenant.

I think both have been explained to Stephen but neither shuts him up!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
And you have jumped to yet another verse. As usual.

Nope Its the same one, the ONLY ONE I have responded to mopac with , so STOP TELLING LIES AGAIN!!!!!
. if you are saying I have used two verses then lets have it up for all to see, you ridiculous clown. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
What I find difficult is to understand what you believe! 
I have made that,  my stance ,  perfectly  clear on what must be over a hundred occasions now. You seem to have missed it every single time I have explained it.

Ok. give me an example, right now. 

- that puts atheists and theists off!

How? But before you answer that, You need to put up an example of my inconsistency.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
Solomon was a king, of course he woulld be granted riches.

But even Solomon said, "Buy the truth, and sell it not; alsowisdom, and instruction, and understanding."

These things are better than luxuries, these are true riches.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@keithprosser
I am never sure what point Stephen is trying to make,
Stephen himself doesn't know.

but I think the problem is that in Chronicles the bible seems to be approve of earthly wealth but in the gospels it disaapproves of them.

Untrue. It is God that gives wealth. The NT is saying do not make earthly wealth your hearts desire, not that wealth is bad. That slant is just your spin to justify your bogus claim that there was a "change".

The solution is that the Hebrew/Jewish religion changed.
Its nice when you can manufacture a "problem" and then suggest a "solution" for it huh?

If you are an atheist one explains the change in historical and sociological terms.   If you are a believer it is due to the change from old to new covenant.
But both "explanations" must operate as if your bogus claim that there was a change is true. Masterful fakery!

Stephen is not here for dialogue. The thrill for him is in the posting, not the debating.

I think Stephen lives in a non-christian, non-western country. From how he repeatedly posts the same thing over and over, he thinks the verses will be shocking to westerners, like they are to his ears. So he thinks just posting the verse is evidence of his loony interpretation.

Because he doesn't understand the verses, he thinks the problem is the verses. He has no clue that the problem is in his ignorance. So anyone from a western country familiar with the christian story, theist or atheist, finds his position ridiculous.

He claims to not understand things that a 5 year old child would find easy to understand. He's perfect for tossing for lolz, sort of like a gift to theists.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
This is very simple, it's a pretty universal and basic spiritual principle. You don't study other religions? the meaning is quite to the point if you don't try and distort it....it just means don't get caught up in worldly attachments and desires where they become a priority over other more important things, like the things that remain with you when you leave the body or the aspects of life that involve more quality relations. Physical things and material possessions we need to survive while we are here but they are not to be put before things that truly matter, Jesus' teachings are always principle oriented, meaning they always teach you about priorities and what really matters in life.

It's the classic Christmas story analogy really, Scrooge spent his entire life valuing treasures on earth (such as stacking chips) while neglecting the more weightier matters of life. This is all Jesus really meant, you can't take with you material objects and material possessions are something we can work for but not something we should invest our "heart" in.....and so don't put them (material possessions) before things that really matter, it's a priorities scenario. Jesus also knew that whatever you put your interest in and passion towards is where your heart really is, again spirituality is always challenging the individual to look past the material frame of mind or the carnal nature. It goes back to the very first principle the Gospels refer to, that which is flesh is flesh and that which is spirit is spirit. The one thing I love about the teachings of Jesus is that they are principle oriented, many people get stumped by his illustrations yet they are simple to the spiritually minded individual, which is simply about organizing priorities.

So to simplify itsimply means “you can’t take it with you”.?

No, Jesus also wanted to get the point across to be mindful of what you put your desires in and what are priorities. 

Why didn’t he just saythat.

Do you prefer boring teachers?? Jesus used parables and analogies because they create a mental picture/images and that mental picture can be remembered like a really good short story. Instead of rattling off a bunch of rules or do's and don'ts Jesus used parables and illustrations to get the point across and it worked. Jesus' parables are very memorable, creative and brilliant for a guy in his early thirties. Try it for yourself, come up with a parable everyone will remember for generations....the fact that Jesus was able to teach using parables at his age is quite impressive. The only confusing part is how you missed the point of such a simple and truthful passage. As I wrote above, this is basic principle in spirituality to put more emphasis on the aspects of life that really matter, spirituality 101.
Parables also allow for a more dynamic expression, meaning they have layered meanings or can have many applications. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@ethang5
I think he's terrible at  making what ever point he is trying to make but very good at blaming other people for his problem in expressing himself.

ethang5
ethang5
You being chief among those he blames. It is hilarious. Sorry, but it is funny.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
I think Stephen lives in a non-christian, non-western country. 

Nope. I live and was born in England, Droitwich Worcestershire to be exact.

From how he repeatedly posts the same thing over and over, he thinks the verses will be shocking to westerners, 

Nope, but they should be to theist who try to ignore them. Theist should be ashamed to even contemplate defending these contradictory verses and trying to explain them away as if they all have a deeper “spiritual meaning” that only they understand.

So he thinks just posting the verse is evidence of his loony interpretation.

What “interpretation”? I haven’t made one. I have simply sat back and watched clowns like yourself try to explain them and “interpret" them.  Show me where I have “interpreted” anything on this thread, Your lying again.

Because he doesn't understand the verses,

I do. And I agree with EtrnlVw post 10 and Mopac post 4.  But no one yet has tried to explain the glaring contradiction between "father"  and "son" - of god.   You have ONCE AGAIN left it all up to the ATHEIST, to try explain the contradiction.

, he thinks the problem is the verses.

One contradicts the other. it is there there to see.  

He has no clue that the problem is in his ignorance.

OPINION

So anyone from a western country familiar with the christian story, theist or atheist, finds his position ridiculous.

OPINION

He claims to not understand things that a 5 year old child would find easy to understand.

No, I ask for explanations to “THINGS”  I find C_O_N_T_R_A_D_I_C_T_O_R_Y, look at the title CLOWN I ask for an E_X_P_L_A_N_A_T_I_O_N

He's perfect for tossing for lolz, sort of like a gift to theists.

Only you can never put up a reasonable answer to my queries, can you clown. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
Stephen wrote: So to simplify it simply means “you can’t take it with you”.? 

No, Jesus also wanted to get the point across to be mindful of what you put your desires in and what are priorities. 

But at post 10 and repeated again at post 40 above you wrote

it's the classic Christmas story analogy really, Scrooge spent his entire life valuing treasures on earth (such as stacking chips) while neglecting the more weightier matters of life. This is all Jesus really meant, you can't take with you 
ethang5
ethang5
Nope. I live and was born in England, Droitwich Worcestershire to be exact. 
Lie. Your English is just too bad. If you are British, you are either naturalized, or didn't go to school. You may live in England now, but you certainly aren't English.

What “interpretation”?
The loony one you always introduce that isn't in the text.

One contradicts the other. it is there there to see
Yet no one sees it but you. Not even other atheists see it. Can the class say delusion?

Only you can never put up a reasonable answer...
To you, a reasonable means only agreement with your loony interpretation.

This is why you won't answer questions. Any opposition to your loony ideas and you start yelling and cursing, like an idiot. And then dodge the questions.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
very good at blaming other people for his problem in expressing himself.

Example please. 

And I am still waiting for you support this claim below, 

Ok. give me an example, right now.  I have asked you twice now to support that ridiculous claim.

The solution is that the Hebrew/Jewish religion changed. 

It did, But I notice again that you too have clearly recognise the contradiction (otherwise  you wouldn't have given an explanation) but chose to ignore it simply to be contrary AGAIN.  You knew from the start what it was that I was "EXPRESSING"

No one has explained the contradiction between this god and his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.
One the one hand there is a god bestowing riches and treasures by the truck load to someone very much on this Earth and on the other his son telling everyone not to bother gathering said riches and treasures.

Stephen
Stephen
--> @ethang5

What “interpretation”?

The loony one you always introduce that isn't in the text.
Ok, so let us see my interpretations. 

One contradicts the other. it is there there to see

Yet no one sees it but you. Not even other atheists see it. Can the class say delusion?

Prosser does. He has even given an explanation for this contradictory anomaly. Did you miss it? of course you did, just like everything else you don't want to see

This is why you won't answer questions. 

what questions?
Stephen
Stephen
--> @ethang5

Lie. Your English is just too bad. If you are British, you are either naturalized, or didn't go to school. You may live in England now, but you certainly aren't English.
I was born in what is called the centre of England - Meriden- my father was Italian and my mother was Welsh. I grew up in Sheldon Birmingham. My first job was at Birmingham market  at the age of 8, from 4 am - 8 am then off to school. I went to collage and then university where I ran rings around clowns like you who thought it would be a good idea to pump my head full of the joys and rewards  of  loving Jesus and god.. I know these scriptures inside out which is more than anyone can say for you, you clown.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
I've written to you the angles of that passage which are more than one obviously. In one part of that passage This is all Jesus really meant, you can't take with you …..

Is that better for ya? are you paying attention to what I'm writing? it's all in my responses. There is more than a single layer within the same passage....

1 Do not lay up foryourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thievesbreak in and steal,
2 , but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, whereneither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal
3 Forwhere your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

See that?  don't put emphasis on material possessions because they do not go with you, and, "Jesus also wanted to get the point across to be mindful of what you put your desires in and what are priorities."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
--> @Stephen
I've written to you the angles of that passage which are more than one obviously. In one part of that passage This is all Jesus really meant, you can't take with you …..

Is that better for ya? are you paying attention to what I'm writing? it's all in my responses. There is more than a single layer within the same passage....

1 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,
2 , but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal
3 For Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

See that?  don't put emphasis on material possessions because they do not go with you, and, "Jesus also wanted to get the point across to be mindful of what you put your desires in and what are priorities."

Is that better for ya?

I got it first time around. I told you i got it first time around. Thank you.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
I am not a Christian. I give two shits about the bible. My comment stands as written. 
ethang5
ethang5
I got it first time around. I told you i got it first time around. Thank you.
Lol. You got it but still thought it made no sense? A five year old would have understood this, but you had a problem.

Can the class say clueless?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

I am not a Christian. I give two shits about the bible. 

Then stop commenting on what the bible says. you fool

Saving for a rainy day and being Steve Jobs or Donald Trump are not the same.

Like this you mean 1 Kings 10: 14.

The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the territories.  That is about 30 tons or about 23 metric tons.= $250 million today.

Yes, he loved his shiny things did Solomon, poly

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Lol. You got it but still thought it made no sense? A five year old would have understood this, but you had a problem.

No. I got it and it made perfect sense and I have agreed. What doesn't make perfect sense is that THIS>>>

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21.

CONTRADICTS THIS, YOU CLOWN.>>

II Chronicles 1:12, God promised Solomon: “Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after they have the like.”

As prosser has attempted to explain and you haven't because you can't, because you know not your scriptures.

It is prossers interpretation of LUKE 12 that doesn't make sense, you clown. this is what he wrote:

Forum posts: 463
Added: 11.25.18 04:20 AM It is rational advice if this world is about to end and be replaced by a new order.   Luke's advice is even stronger:

Lk 12:33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

So tell me you complete illiterate clown, if this be the case  as prosser interprets LUKE, what would be the point of giving all your possessions to ANYONE let alone "the poor", if the "world is about to end" as prosser states.  This is what is stupid and silly and backward about prossers interpretation of luke 12:33. you clown.
ethang5
ethang5
There is no contradiction. You just have a low IQ and poor reading comprehension.

Like I said, you think simply posting the verses is evidence of a contradiction. The contradiction is in your head goober. If not, tell us what the contradiction is. You can't. And this is where you start yelling and cursing like the dolt you are.

Your English is at 5th grade level. Add that to your low IQ and we have you. The atheist who other atheists face palm when he posts.
Stephen
Stephen
There is no contradiction.

You must have gone to the Clowns School of Denial and passed with flying colours.

ethang5
ethang5
Told you that you couldn't show it. Just posting the verses do nothing shemp.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Quit being an atheist moron.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
Those who want to know what the church teaches can at least see. I believe what the church teaches has a great deal more authority.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
tell us what the contradiction is.Told you that you couldn't show it.

I have more than once you clown You have serious denial problems. prosser can see it. And I am sure he would love nothing more than to disagree with me , just for the sake of it.
Jesus says:
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, Matthew 6:19-21.

But god himself is throwing riches and wealth around by the shed load
and I will give thee riches, and wealth, II Chronicles 1:12
And you haven't explained what the point would be to give all I own to the so called "poor"  if they believed it was the end of the world?

Off you go now, ponder that for two years and rush back with your reply.