FOX News is being sued for lying

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 111
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Well I don't want to dox myself, TBH. But I will say the gross majority of articles that were for other news agencies were under the umbrella of Salem's news publishing arm. That is all I'd like to say because you can easily find me specifically if I were to say more.
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
that if the investigator looked into Fulton County the investigator would “find things that are gonna be unbelievable.” 
When Trump said you will “find things that are gonna be unbelievable” do you think it was a stretch to say he was talking about voter fraud considering he was calling the Governor to discuss voter fraud in the Georgia election?

The AP story has a nuanced difference in describing the phone call. It certainly was not a blatant lie. The fact you can’t acknowledge this is another example of why you are a moron, your IQ score notwithstanding.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
Well I don't want to dox myself, TBH. But I will say the gross majority of articles that were for other news agencies were under the umbrella of Salem's news publishing arm. That is all I'd like to say because you can easily find me specifically if I were to say more.
Bullshit. You wouldn’t be doxing yourself. But Salem news media? Why am I not surprised. If you really did work for them you have zero credibility and should be ashamed of yourself.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
you have zero credibility and should be ashamed of yourself.
A hearsay demagogue says what?

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
you have zero credibility and should be ashamed of yourself.
They were one of many people I've worked for. The brunt of my time in the limelight was with the outlet I ran myself. I've had multiple viral articles that I have written.

I don't honestly care about if you think my previous work experience is credible enough for you. I graduated with a degree in communications, was mentored by a journalist who wrote articles about major politicians and even spoke with Tim Kaine and other celebrity politicians. She also ran multiple political campaigns and won at least one of them.

After working for her, I worked as a political marketer for one of the top 10 conservative political marketing agencies in the country.

Then I went on to become head copywriter for a local political campaign in my state. I briefly worked with people who wrote copy for President Trump.

So when I talk about these things, I know as someone who has had experiences few others can claim to have had. 

I also know people who have contacts in the Biden Campaign and BLM and even Antifa. I have heard horror stories that I am not allowed to speak about concerning prominent politicians and political marketers who orchestrated national campaigns because they are locked under NDAs.

So I am not some moron who has no idea how the game works. I literally worked in it for years. I have contacts I can easily connect with on both sides of the aisle if I ever need to get a story out there. 

So I really don't care about what you think about how the news business works. As someone who created some of the news business's talking points myself, I would know how it works.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
So when I talk about these things, I know as someone who has had experiences few others can claim to have had. 
I briefly worked with people who wrote copy for President Trump
And a political marketer for one of the top 10 conservative political marketing agencies in the country.

That’s like claiming you worked for Kelly Ann Conway or Sarah Huckabee Sanders and thinking that enhances your credibility. It does the opposite.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
So I really don't care about what you think about how the news business works. As someone who created some of the news business's talking points myself, I would know how it works.
Sounds like you know how to lie because you worked with liars. Being a Christian nut job also does not enhance your reputation as an intellectual.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I mean. Believe what you want, but have you even worked a single day as a journalist?

I at least have experience in the field and have worked with and know some very high profile individuals. On both the left and the right.

If anything you should be ashamed of yourself for denying reality and failed fact checks and saying only people who worked for your short list of politicians and publications are considered credible.

It's almost as if you're in a cult and your leader is the Liberal Media. No other authority except your cult leader counts as credible and, when your cult leader is found wrong you respond by denying reality and double down on your cult leader.

Honestly you sound brainwashed to me.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
No other authority except your cult leader counts as credible and, when your cult leader is found wrong you respond by denying reality and double down on your cult leader.
That’s kind of ironic considering you identify as a Christian. Talk about a cult. Talk about brainwashed. The Bible? It’s a fairytale.

I have not denied any reality. You presented some feeble examples of AP reporting that in no way indicates they lie.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
I at least have experience in the field
Your experience is with the people who have no journalistic integrity.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Your experience is with the people who have no journalistic integrity.
That is a horrible thing to say about all of the coworkers and some of the politicians I've worked for. It they had no integrity I wouldn't have worked with them. Yes. I wasn't in charge of the hiring decisions, but I have never worked for a politician or organization completely devoid of integrity. Many of the people I've worked with were extremely honest people who were just trying to make a difference. Only a few were somewhat unintegritous, and I barely worked with them anyways. We more happened to share an office than actually work with each other. And even then they weren't like the smut you see on TV who lie like no tomorrow.

When you're on campaigns they hire dozens of people and make hundreds more volunteers. Of course there's a few who are bad apples in that bunch. But I vetted every person and organization I worked for personally to make sure they weren't unintegritous. You are a nasty, mean excuse for a human being to think to badly about another person simply because they are not in agreement with you. There are Democrats who are great. There are also Republicans who are terrible. I never just assume a person is a slime bucket or works with slime buckets because they are a Democrat or a Republican.

Most of the horror stories I have are from people I didn't even work with whom my clients previously hired and were scammed and stuff like that. I, personally, only worked for people who have integrity. I never printed things I believed were outright falsehoods about candidates or people. I also only worked for politicians I knew personally or were good people.

The nerve of you. You are an angry, brainwashed, little man.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Public-Choice
White Propaganda: truthful statements that are negative about an opponent or positive about your side.

Grey propaganda: mixed-fact statements that are negative about an opponent or positive about your side.

Black propaganda: outright falsehoods about your opponent or your side.
Nicely summarized. Of course, the first is the one that major news outlets peddle most often— the last would require retractions and would eventually ruin the outlet’s reputation, at least as far as the mainstream goes.

Even when offered in a completely factual manner, story selection and what is chosen to be repeated ad nauseam vs. what is only mentioned once or not at all has great influence on the political zeitgeist and says a lot about an outlet’s agenda…

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@cristo71
Yes it does. I personally say grey propaganda is the most common. Lies mixed with truth. But yeah white propaganda is used a lot.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Public-Choice
I’ve heard it was Fox News who pioneered the use of the phrase “Some say [fill in the blank]” which is basically a blank check for a reporter or interviewer to say whatever the heck they feel like without consequences. Countless articles referenced “the so-called ‘Can’t say gay’ bill” in Florida. The phrase is a lie, but when referred to as “so called” and embedded in quotes, reporters can say it as often as they like.

Spinning a narrative without telling outright lies is an artform. Just look at the narrative offered against the compound dihydrogen monoxide:

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@cristo71
It's certainly possible. I know the firm I worked at would always put "virtually" next to anything so they covered exceptions. Every place has stuff like that.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@cristo71
Just look at the narrative offered against the compound dihydrogen monoxide:
Yeah that's a nice joke copywriters send to each other about framing. Supposedly that actually worried a lot of people when it was jokingly printed the first time.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Public-Choice
Equating political support with lying is a false equivalency. Just because a news outlet supports a candidate, that does not mean they lie. It means they engage in propaganda, but not that they lie.
Correct, which negates every argument you’ve made to support your claim that the mainstream networks lie as much or more than Fox.

We’re both doing the same thing here, I believe Fox News lies far more than the other networks, you disagree but a tit for tat debate won’t solve anything and there is no source either of us can provide actual statistics from that we would both accept. So we’re using examples of egregious political bias to make our point.

On that note, and I repeat, you cannot seriously argue that the other networks are on the same level as Fox News when it comes to political bias. Like I said, Fox hosts literally stood on stage with Trump at a campaign rally. Fox News hosts were literally texting Trump’s chief of staff on January 6th to give their opinions on what Trump should do. Fox hosts were literally texting Trump’s press Secretary to coordinate the narrative moving forward after January 6th. Not one example you provided or could possibly provide would come anything close to this.

Meanwhile it was discovered that Chris Cuomo was helping his own brother through his scandals and he gets fired for it. There is no greater example of the stark difference between the networks. Not one Fox News host was even considered for discipline despite far more egregious conflicts of interest. But that’s because they weren’t conflicts, nothing they did violated Fox‘s values. That’s the difference here.

Year-over-year, the most factual network changes according to quizzes of the general public. But as of 2021 Fox News viewers are the most informed. This aligns with my statement that, currently, Fox News is more accurate than CNN:
Ask those same viewers who won the 2020 election.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Double_R
you cannot seriously argue that the other networks are on the same level as Fox News when it comes to political bias.
Not only can I seriously argue it, I will actually be willing to formally debate it with you. I am that confident I can prove it.

But it'll have to be in a week or two. I am already in 2 debates right now lol.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Double_R
We’re both doing the same thing here, I believe Fox News lies far more than the other networks, you disagree but a tit for tat debate won’t solve anything and there is no source either of us can provide actual statistics from that we would both accept. 
This guy said the Associated Press blatantly lies. When I asked him to name some he gave weak examples. I am sure he is giving weak examples because there are no blatant lies to cite.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
You know, some people are saying that Christianity is a cult that appeals to people who have undeveloped critical thinking skills.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
some people are saying that Christianity is a cult
Then so is Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, and other world religions.

Christianity follows a God. Therefore it isn't a cult. A cult follows a human. A religion follows a God. Even in the pagan religions their gods became men. Oden, for instance, comes down and appears as a human in the myths. 

And the Greeks worshipped numerous demigods who were half God and half man.

So why is it so shocking to think of a religion that does the same, yet claims that forgiveness is free and not based on one's actions.

The biggest difference between Christianity and other world religions is that all other religions teach that you have to earn your way into heaven or paradise or any other afterlife, whereas Christianity claims that Jesus already paid our debt and that we need to simply believe and live by faith and in fellowship with God to make it into heaven.

If anything Christianity is a much more plausible worldview than all the others. From a logical standpoint it makes more sense that sinful, selfish, prideful, boastful, lying, and lustful people who collectively believe these things as wrong are in need of a savior who could take the punishment for them than to think they can somehow earn their way in with good deeds. Even though their evil deeds far outweigh their good ones.

Besides, each person's evil deeds then would go unpunished otherwise, and that is a great travesty of justice that exists in all other world religions except Christianity.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
Christianity follows a God. Therefore it isn't a cult. A cult follows a human
It follows Christ, who was a human. Followers who likely lack critical thinking skills or they just want a sense of belonging.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
Christianity claims that Jesus already paid our debt and that we need to simply believe and live by faith and in fellowship with God to make it into heaven.
That’s not what the Puritans believed. And they founded this country.

Basic Tenets of Puritanism
Judgmental God (rewards good/punishes evil)
Predestination/Election (salvation or damnation was predetermined by God)
Original Sin (humans are innately sinful, tainted by the sins of Adam & Eve; good can be accomplished only through hard work & self-discipline)
Providence.
God's Grace.

Puritans believed in the idea of predestination, meaning that God has already chosen which people will get into heaven. People are predestined to either go to heaven or go to hell. It isn't up to your choices on Earth or if you choose to accept God as your savior.

These Christians would spit on you.

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Ironically enough. It is what they believed, but it wasn't what they practiced.

I also am not a Puritan, and this country was founded by Episcopalians and Deists in addition to Puritans. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Public-Choice
Ironically enough. It is what they believed, but it wasn't what they practiced.
Who are you to attack the Puritans? Nobody in America practiced their religion as faithfully as the Puritans of New England. You are probably a typical cafeteria Christian picking and choosing what you like and don’t like from the Bible just like at a cafeteria. You and your silly ideas on what it takes to get to heaven.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Public-Choice
Not only can I seriously argue it, I will actually be willing to formally debate it with you. I am that confident I can prove it.

But it'll have to be in a week or two. I am already in 2 debates right now lol.
It’s a debate I would take if I had the time and energy to spend on it, I just don’t.

I gave you three examples of Fox News hosts working with the very politicians they’re supposed to be holding accountable. Can you provide just one example of anyone working for any other major news network doing anything like and not being immediately disciplined or fired for it?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
 Can you provide just one example of anyone working for any other major news network doing anything like and not being immediately disciplined or fired for it?

How about crying live on air during the 2016 election counting?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Grown folks are talking. Go play.