Author: Mharman

Total: 63
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
His gut was right but his reasoning was abhorrent
You have to do like a million calculations just to catch a baseball. A catcher can sit there and try to explain his reasoning but it will always sound like shit reasoning. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
What you guys get wrong is thinking this is a social game it isn't. You just go with the highest IQ town member you town read and do what they tell you. 

The exception would be when RM gets into theme analysis. 

If I am ever in a game with you guys, just do exactly what I say and you will win. If I die NP1 just take the scum list I gave you and kill those people one by one based on how confident I am. 

The world just works better when everyone does what I tell them to
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Yeah but who is more likely to be wrong? It's okay to abandon your own reasoning to that of someone with superior intelligence. 
I don't think every player in that game is inferior to RM's intelligence. Some of them are at least on par with him. It's entirely stupid to play into ad homs like "you're not as smart as I am, so you need to listen to me." Especially if that person turns out to be mafia.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Hahahaha, so your tantrum and crybaby attitude weren't the issue? Me being angry at a toxic piece of crap abusing the fact mods neglect this subforum and me being annoyed that nobody was being an effective town-player except me was the reason we lost?

Fuck off, that is nonsense.
You’re a shit town player.

You need to be able to persuade people, which you’re abhorrent at.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
At the end of the day, town had lost the minute RM had a fit of rage. Town lost focus and only focused on the manner in which he carried himself, meaning that Pie would be townread no matter what. Props to That2 for trying to get the lynch, but Pie had this wrapped DP1 when he put the hammer on me, which made me think he was scum, but when you are lynched there is nothing you can do. It was kinda of suspicious that he voted me without giving a true gage of my activity and that made me think he was scum. But Pie had that down the minute RM started to tunnel him
Ya I was waiting for Earth to hammer, but he wasn’t so I was like screw it
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
LlVP RM mg ass. XD

Pie slipped twice on DP2 btw due to how he outed and what he did mot think about or do
My claim was iffy for sure, but I just needed to make it there.

2 protective town PRs on top of vallinaiser and cop??
It wasn’t a protective role though. Someone would still die.

The whole thing was ridiculous and I am happy I replaced out.
You rage quit cause you can’t stand it when you don’t get your way. Talk about ego and narcissism 

Supa and earth were terrible.

Mafia on this website is a joke.
Then don’t play.

Also when Pie said he used his power NP1 and was not limited on top of a doc, I knew he was scum as hell.
What do you mean limited lmao. A bodyguard that can kill scum is basically like a vigilante 

He didn't fit any theme at all unless it was the antisemite scum theme and the deep state conspiracy is also antisemitic usually. GP was our only investigator.
You’re assuming everyone else was telling the truth. They were in this case, but it’s not always right.

It all added up it had to be Pie and I also suspected conversion possible but didn't say it.
Cause you were scared. That2 actually straight up said it, and I was impressed.

That was why I was hellbent on Pie.
Good for you. You still couldn’t get me lynched because you’re horrible at coalition building. And when you don’t get your way, you rage quit.

Pie only seemed skilled because nobody else cam clearly read his thinking patterns.
The way I played was to my meta DP1. The fact that you don’t understand and refuse to believe everyone else when they agree with me, just shows your ego.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re a shit town player.

I see, I see.

Wrong.

A good scum player need only do that.

A good Town player's skillset are in the reads, I can't convince incompetent players of my reads as they don't grasp any nuance. It was actually best to lynch you not only for reads but because of the theme. You were matching practically 0 themes.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I bet if someone else was right and I didn't get persuaded by them, you'd blame me and insult me for that too. All you know is how to abuse and berate people, you can't just talk rationally and consider that they were shit instead of me.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I see, I see.

Wrong.

A good scum player need only do that

A good Town player's skillset are in the reads, I can't convince incompetent players of my reads as they don't grasp any nuance. It was actually best to lynch you not only for reads but because of the theme. You were matching practically 0 themes.
You’re an idiot if you don’t think town need to be able to effectively persuade. Your reads mean nothing if you can’t convince town to follow them, which no one did. I wonder why.

I bet if someone else was right and I didn't get persuaded by them, you'd blame me and insult me for that too.
No, I wouldn’t. You weren’t even trying to persuade people. We all asked you for evidence. You provided none. You made a claim, everyone called you out on it, and still you tunneled me.

All you know is how to abuse and berate people, you can't just talk rationally and consider that they were shit instead of me.
You singlehandedly distracted town from doing anything. If you had kept your mouth shut, stopped aggressively tunneling me, and effectively persuaded people, you could have likely lynched me. But no, you decided to go on a temper tantrum, provide zero evidence, and then rage quit like a loser.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Mharman
you're not as smart as I am, so you need to listen to me.
Noticing differences in IQ is not ad hom, and I said only blindly follow them if you town read them
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
You singlehandedly distracted town from doing anything. If you had kept your mouth shut, stopped aggressively tunneling me, and effectively persuaded people, you could have likely lynched me. But no, you decided to go on a temper tantrum, provide zero evidence, and then rage quit like a loser.
I didn't do any kind of temper tantrum until firstly the hammer had already been secured by you and you verbally abused me on top of Supa who played dogshit calling me LVP? LOL!

Jokes.

Whole thing was a joke, all day I had a right read and encouraged people to join it. If they can't read correctly, it's them who get docked down, not me.

Mafia is a gambling game, I can't give them chess-like explanation of the nuances of my intuition, if I do that as Town then if I don't do it it's a scumtell anyway, I need to have mystery so I can bullshit as scum later and it will appear Towny, I think way ahead like that. I gave the overall bulletpoints of what I scumread you for anyway.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
I would say in order to be a good town player you should actually just listen to people who are correct Instead of them needing to prove how persuasive they can be. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
No, I wouldn’t. You weren’t even trying to persuade people. We all asked you for evidence. You provided none. You made a claim, everyone called you out on it, and still you tunneled me.
Read the first chapter of blink from Malcolm gladwell. It talks about how a bunch of paint experts couldn't explain why they thought a specific piece was a fraud but they all ended up being right. 

Everyone in that game had their gut tell them you were scum but they lost because they were dumb and said this to themselves

"My subconscious can do complex math to catch a ball with a million calculations in a fraction of a second, but instead of listening to an intelligence that strong, derp I will only lynch him if I can explain my log well"

So they basically lynched not based on what they knew but based on what they could best rationalize. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I am not going to agree that it was raw instinct or subconscious, I had conscious and rational elements to my read on Pie especially based on how he reacted to me pushing on him and to the PRs outing situation (only actually upset about it when it was his turn, etc).

I did not even once lose my temper or lash out until the hammer on Supa had already happened. They are all lying and scapegoating, the evidence of how dogshit the town in general was is in the day 2.

I will be fair to one player: GreyParrot. GP actually, if he irrationally and wrongly townread Pie on gut, played day 2 and night period 1 correctly as it was correct for him to suspect Whiteflame as a fake if he thought Pie was the third PR alongside him and myself and it was correct for him, on day 2 to aim for what he assumed was Pie's partner in the vanillas to some degree only because either whiteflame was a godfather of sorts or GP was smart and outplayed a lawyer usage on whiteflame's partner (which was GP's outed reasoning for aiming for whiteflame).

I liked GP this game, he just has inability to read Pie. I also liked That2 but That2's too openminded and too flimsy, it works well more often than not, making it optimal but it's a problem when That2 is pitted against Town. That2 knows how to edge out hammers against themselves and towntell very well but not how to hammer pinpoint accurate overall and that's okay, that's a completely acceptable skillgap as that's the hardest part of playing well as Town: being super accurate in reads and what separates the legends from the 'good enough' players.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
If you actually look at my game history here, I had the luck of being Town much more often than Mafia despite the small sample size, you can see just how accurately I generally read and act with my votes to the endings of Day Periods (your end vote is much more important than your initial ones as the reactions help you read).

I am a truly dangerous Town player, I am one of the only players on this website who when Town, the scum actively start to squirm and worry about and react to. I make reads come out by my aura. From the very early parts of Day Phase 1 to the bitter end, I make pressure and use it relatively very well.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I would say in order to be a good town player you should actually just listen to people who are correct Instead of them needing to prove how persuasive they can be. 
Being correct means nothing if you can’t get majority votes on your read.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
Being correct means nothing if you can’t get majority votes on your read.
While true, it is towns responsibility to do whatever the fuck I tell them to. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
While true, it is towns responsibility to do whatever the fuck I tell them to. 
😂😂 <3
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Town lost focus and only focused on the manner in which he carried himself, meaning that Pie would be townread no matter what
Dumb for town to lose focus there. Just do what he says and stay focused. 

Easy to say in hindsight
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Vader
Easy to say in hindsight
I can tell you with great test form foreskin. Always listen to me and you're life will be better. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Supa you did next to nothing at all and the little you did lost the game for Town day 1.

You can keep blaming me all you want, why is it you are so bad in every single mafia game you play whether I am there or not?

Like of course you say I am bad, you have no idea what good is.

You probably have the worst rate of towntelling and correctly scumreading combined. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I have won games as mafia, won games as town, and have not had to be banned from games because of my behavior. You were right about Pie, but you presented yourself in a horrible, ignorant, and malicious way that disinterests the town. Part of the process of town is convincing people of your points to have them vote, which I have exemplified by having a relaxed attitude. I get lynched early because I refuse to abide by metas that town/scum read me.

I am not the best nor ever claim to be and have admitted to the mistakes I have made while playing. You haven't admitted to shit and won't admit that your mass cluttering of forum posts caused town to townread Pie because of your irrationality making them believe Pie for acting more composed than you were. You derailed DP1 and were anti town for disinteresting townies and refusing to take a deep consensus into DP1.

Keep blaming others for your mistakes. At least I can take accountability for my screw ups
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Earth
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@whiteflame
@That2User
I have won games as mafia, won games as town
so what? You play practically every game, you get carried often enough to say that you won 2 games as either.

have not had to be banned from games because of my behavior.
I am surprised as you are the most dogshit lurker and blamer of others who kills the vibe of every game I've ever played with you.

You were right about Pie, but you presented yourself in a horrible, ignorant, and malicious way that disinterests the town.
This is a lie. That is why nobody except you voted me, I towntold the crap out of myself and was probably the single least likely person to be able to build a bandwagon on DP1. Others were all distracted not by me, Supa but by you and your scumtelling, in fact I will @ 4 others alongside you to explain why they voted you and to decide which of us was worse this game so we can finally establish this LVP shit. I @'d Earth who didn't vote you but wasn't against doing it and lost the game for us DP1 by being as lazy as you were (though I admit the situation was so brutal and had I not read Pie so well, Mafia has near autowin actually if they don't go down NP1 so long as they recruit smart.

Part of the process of town is convincing people of your points to have them vote
And how well did you convince people to vote? Like how can you even dare say shit to me in that game? LOL!
, which I have exemplified by having a relaxed attitude.
Buddy, you were so incapable of getting people to vote who you wanted (which was me, by the way, you were the only person faulty enough at reading to think I was scum that game) that they voted you off day one and it was perpetually the bandwagon on you that Pie kept letting carry him to safety.

I get lynched early because I refuse to abide by metas that town/scum read me.
You just said you know how to build a bandwagon well due to your attitude then admit this.

I can stop there as nothing you said relates to skill or percentage being correct or townread. I have only ever been lynched twice in my memory on here:

One was a game I was scum with a dogshit team in a situation that I was forced to cc the investigative PR and I actually won the CC, I was lynched the next day IIRC.

Another was the poker game, where you ruined a near autowin final 3 by voting me for the other to hammer.

Edit: Oh yeah I was also voted that game Pie pushed on me DP1 for not claiming full when others hadn't even char-claimed.

3 times, my bad, not 2.

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
You probably have the worst rate of towntelling and correctly scumreading combined. 
LOL
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
None of those links even disprove me in the slightest...
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I have won games as mafia, won games as town
so what? You play practically every game, you get carried often enough to say that you won 2 games as either.
No I don't. I develop my own reads, that's why you think I am incompetent

have not had to be banned from games because of my behavior.
I am surprised as you are the most dogshit lurker and blamer of others who kills the vibe of every game I've ever played with you.
This is real sweet. Kill the vibe? You killed this fucking game because your narcassistic, crybaby, and distracting demeanor. People encourage me to play in the games. You are banned from them because you act like a wise ass piece of shit where if someone doesn't go your way, you immediately are unreasonable. People loathe playing with you because of what happened. Town getting off put by your crude manner in which you play. Grow the actual fuck up and stop acting like you are something you are not. You got fucking lucky. You just tunneled Pie without warrant and were right because statically you had to be right about something with a 7 person game. You had reasoning in which you flooded the forums and were excessively toxic to others

You were right about Pie, but you presented yourself in a horrible, ignorant, and malicious way that disinterests the town.
This is a lie. That is why nobody except you voted me, I towntold the crap out of myself and was probably the single least likely person to be able to build a bandwagon on DP1. Others were all distracted not by me, Supa but by you and your scumtelling, in fact I will @ 4 others alongside you to explain why they voted you and to decide which of us was worse this game so we can finally establish this LVP shit.
You were severely anti-town from my perspective and everyone in that game agreed because you forced us to character claim on DP1 which gave scum valid information to win, one of the reason why you are the LVP because you do not understand how you go about setups and mass claims. However, people do not lynch anti-town because they still town read them to which I disagree. A tumor is a tumor and if you are anti-town, you are actively contributing to the town downfall. I did not actively contribute to towns downfall because my behavior did not stand out and was anti-town. I'd rather be scum read than anti-town read because anti-town just means you are a tumor to your own team

I @'d Earth who didn't vote you but wasn't against doing it and lost the game for us DP1 by being as lazy as you were (though I admit the situation was so brutal and had I not read Pie so well, Mafia has near autowin actually if they don't go down NP1 so long as they recruit smart.

Part of the process of town is convincing people of your points to have them vote
And how well did you convince people to vote? Like how can you even dare say shit to me in that game? LOL!
By not mass posting the forums and explaining in depth about the reasoning. Also by not coming off as overly defensive of a lynch in DP1. Dp1 is all behavior and you tunnel'd someone for behavior in DP1 with no evidence and pushed everyone to CC. This bad logic made it so that no one took you serious
, which I have exemplified by having a relaxed attitude.
Buddy, you were so incapable of getting people to vote who you wanted (which was me, by the way, you were the only person faulty enough at reading to think I was scum that game) that they voted you off day one and it was perpetually the bandwagon on you that Pie kept letting carry him to safety.
Because you were the spotlight of horrible play that town was forced to lynch me to have some form of success.

get lynched early because I refuse to abide by metas that town/scum read me.
You just said you know how to build a bandwagon well due to your attitude then admit this.

I can stop there as nothing you said relates to skill or percentage being correct or townread. I have only ever been lynched twice in my memory on here:

One was a game I was scum with a dogshit team in a situation that I was forced to cc the investigative PR and I actually won the CC, I was lynched the next day IIRC.

Another was the poker game, where you ruined a near autowin final 3 by voting me for the other to hammer.
I have led mislynches on people as scum and have led lynches of scum. I also have led mislynches as well. I never once stated I was the best at doing any of these things. I know how to conduct myself (granted my wincon suggests something else) and I am able to stick by my values and gives reads based on my beliefs. Am I right all the time? No, no one is. I don't act like a narcisstic prick when I am right either

Edit: Oh yeah I was also voted that game Pie pushed on me DP1 for not claiming full when others hadn't even char-claimed.

3 times, my bad, not 2.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
The difference between you and me is I actually look at my mistakes and improve. I'd never ever in a million years blame you if I misread you nor blame you if I hardcarried you. I didn't go around talking about your skill level the entire game, if you noticed. I leave that outside the arena because inside the game, my job is to hardcarry my team and to not give a fuck how bad or how good my allies are, it's a military mindset of sorts and is the best one to have.

I'm not saying I'm emotionless and can't lash out, I'm saying I do everything to hold it in and ignore it because the focus of communication should be on strats. The only time I lashed out was at Pie when he'd already hammered you.

You are looking for someone to blame because you're emotionally weak and not going to improve. That's the reality of it. You cannot look at the game and go 'wow I was totally shit and that's true whether RM was RM or he was a player I enjoyed playing with more'. My job in the game is not to please you, my job is to pressure the enemies into mistakes and capitalise on those mistakes. If my allies are weak at doing so, there is only so much I can do, the entire reason it's a social and not a solo game is because others can decide for themselves who to read and what to do. Town was weaker than scum that game and I was on the apex of the bell curve in skill, you were at the very left (that means bottom in skill).

You can believe it or choose to keep blaming me, it doesn't matter to me. Pie blaming me is also stupid as he won't improve or get better and that's a good thing selfishly for me if I was interested in continuing mafia here. Pie has gone away from this feeling good that he outplayed the Town, not realising a major issue in how easily I read him on top of how invulnerable I was to being built a bandwagon on DP1. He doesn't need to respect me at all or care that I'm good, instead me being that good and exploiting how easy he is to read should tell him there's gaps in his strategy to towntell that even if only I can capitalise on it, means there's an area of the game he can brush up on if he wants to be a truly optimal player.

It is not the players we have fun playing with or against that make us improve in games, it's the ones who make it hell for us and destroy us that teach us the most from just one game. They don't necessarily teach us because they're better, they teach us because their playstyle and skillset exploited/countered ours brutally and that means Pie's playstyle and skillset is not yet all-rounded enough as a truly all-round skillset and playstyle should be relatively uncounterable in mafia.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
You are looking for someone to blame because you're emotionally weak and not going to improve. That's the reality of it. You cannot look at the game and go 'wow I was totally shit and that's true whether RM was RM or he was a player I enjoyed playing with more'. 
Nothing about my gameplay was inheritently shit. I have admitted when my gameplay has been shit before so Lie 1 
https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3709-narcos-mafia-endgame?page=1&post_number=5
I can admit when I am wrong. You can't admit that you let emotions take over that caused town to be disinterested in you and Pie's squabble because you tunneled him too hard despite Pie being completely right about the way the game should played

My job in the game is not to please you, my job is to pressure the enemies into mistakes and capitalise on those mistakes
When you act like a spoiled brat that won't listen to other and instead floods to forum with useless shit to get people disengaged and rush a lynch while playing anti-town, no one will listen to you and no one will agree with what you say because you actively sabotage town by going into a flame war and berating others
Pie has gone away from this feeling good that he outplayed the Town, not realising a major issue in how easily I read him on top of how invulnerable I was to being built a bandwagon on DP1
Pie played well because of you being an anti-town member. He capitalized on that, and he should be proud of himself for doing that. But you are to blame for him winning because you actively provided nothing to convince people in your point because you first said that everyone should claim PR, which is actively anti-town, then tunneled the entire game without even giving a lick of thought otherwise. 
Vader
Vader
Not saying I was perfect in my play since my read was wrong, but I certainly had less flaws than you
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Pie has gone away from this feeling good that he outplayed the Town, not realising a major issue in how easily I read him on top of how invulnerable I was to being built a bandwagon on DP1
This is just straight up wrong. You scumread me because I was “aggressive.” I and everyone else proved to you that I’m aggressive regardless of my affiliation. You were operating from an ill-informed perspective, and even after everyone told you that you were wrong, you still pushed me.