The god of rape.

Author: disgusted

Total: 122
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
Who is said to have sent his only son to Earth, Keith?
God
Who made promises to Abraham Keith?
God
Who told Moses to return to Egypt and free his people, Keith?
God

You may care to answer:

Who lived at 221b Baker Street?

Stephen
Stephen

It is stated in the Bible that God sent his only son to Earth.
it is stated in the Bible that God made promises to Abraham.
It is stated in the Bible that God told Moses to return to Egypt.

Exactly Keith. Why do you put yourself in a position to explain and tell and indeed answer the above questions concerning a biblical god and "His holy word"  from His Holy Book that you don't believe exists, but tell others -  words to the effect -  'that they have no business  commenting on and asking about, this biblical god , because  they  happen to be atheist. 

There are hundreds of atheist authors who write absolute brilliant books on religion and god/s telling us what god said and what god did. They do not prefixe every mention of god or his words and works   with the words -  in the bible it says god did this  or god that. 

Going by your own standards, we should expect you to prefix all of your comments concerning the bible with the words _  "It is stated in the Bible that". 

Do you see how ridiculous your comment is now. Anyone can comment on the bible without the prerequisite of leading every sentence with the words - I don't believe in god -  I am an atheist -  and -  "It is stated in the Bible "

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
@keith the @thang is a mistake.

Keith I know you've read the bible, you know, the word of god?. It's not me blaming god it's the word of god blaming god. I don't believe any of the shit it's thang and his reprobate non thinkers who believe lots of crap.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Right this time.

The principle must be logical, regardless of whether one believes God exists or not. If I drink and drive and kill a Child in a stupid accident, I fail to see how God can be correctly blamed for my willful actions. So IF God exists, it is silly to blame Him for the death of the child. I hold the blame.

Doesn't your god have a plan? Doesn't your god choose when it's time for anyone to die? How can someone who believes in god not blame god when god blames god?

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
Thanks.  I get the impression that many theists think atheists believe in god and hate him.  It seems hard for someone who believes in god to imagine some people don't. 

When posting I really try to avoid giving the impression that God is anything other than a character in a story.  No doubt I slipup more than occasionally because - as Stephen points out - it can lead to messy prose.

But I hope this gets through to some theists - atheists don't hate god and they don't hate theists.   Atheists believe there is no god and theists are mistaken in thinking He does, which leads to serious errors such as forbidding blood transfusion and flying planes into buildings.  People also do acts of great charity in the name of religion, but I say good deeds are done by good people and if you are a good person you will still do good things even if you don't believe in god.   Why give god or Jesus any credit for the goodness in your own heart you were born with?  That way you won't do dumb things like risk wiping out an island to 'spread the word' 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@keithprosser
Thanks.  I get the impression that many theists think atheists believe in god and hate him.  It seems hard for someone who believes in god to imagine some people don't. 
I refuse to pander to their nonsense Keith, they want to believe what they want to believe but then are incapable of supporting what they are told to believe. Allegedly their book is the word of their god and if they have any doubts about what is written in the word of god they believe they will go to hell. When they see the word of god supporting the abominable behaviour mentioned in the OP they have no honest response and spew their hatred for the person who points out the abomination of the word of god.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
Fine.... but if theists are getting the impression that we atheists 'hate god' then we are sending the wrong signals.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Harry Potter did it. Would be the atheists response. You can't argue what you think are fictional characters as real life. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Harry Potter did it. Would be the atheists response. You can't

Opinion. And you should have aimed that opinion at self confessed Atheist keith prosser and not me. You see it is Atheist Keith prosser who thinks he can argue about god but no one else can " argue what you think are fictional characters as real life".  . I happen to believe - as you do- in gods,  plural. And I am still waiting for you to tell me where,If not on earth,do they or did they exist? Why are you avoiding that question that arose from your own statement?

Stephen
Stephen
if theists are getting the impression that we atheists 'hate god' then we are sending the wrong signals.

I do hate some of these gods and with good reason if the scriptures are to be believed. The Old Testament starts almost immediately with conflict between two of these gods and the violence and war doesn't stop. It is these gods that cannot seem to live in peace amongst themselves and have duped mere mortals to take sides and do there bidding and fight their wars. 

So what do you mean by " the wrong signals"?

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
No you don't. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No you don't. 

I don't what?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
Believe in gods. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Believe in gods. 
Well apart from the fact that you wouldn't know what I believe in. I have said on many occasions that I do believe that  plural gods existed  I have said they were here once and left thousands of years ago. you dispute that and say they never existed on earth.

I have asked you if, as you say,  "they never existed on the earth", then where was it they existed. You have failed many times not to answer that question. You have made it quite plain that you know different to me so simply answer  the question.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
So what do you mean by " the wrong signals"?

I would say that anyone who 'hates God' is not an atheist in the usual sense of the word.  I would prefer to call such people 'anti-theists'  or 'theophobes' and restrict 'atheism' stricty to the rejection of God's/gods' existence.  It is my guess that some atheists come across as theophobic because they adopt an aggresive tone ie they signal theophobia, not atheism.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
I would say that anyone who 'hates God' is not an atheist in the usual sense of the word. 

I am not an atheist. I have said many times now I believe that these gods existed here once. I have said the OT is a book of violence and ancient historical wars and nothing much else, although I belive it to be more truthful that the NT where , one has to  scratch the surface and delve a little deeper  to reveal another story altogether,

theophobic.

No. But it is undoubtedly reasonable for anyone to fear these beings, as they did then, if the scriptures are to be believed.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
My remarks concern poster 'disgusted'.

i don't think a one-word label for what you believe has been invented yet.  Feel free to make one up!
As it involves many gods who have gone, you could be a 'polygon'....

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@keithprosser
Yes that's because I'm not an atheist who panders to godists, they believe lies but when confronted by their alleged truths they have no defense because they are lies.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@disgusted
The trouble is you get theists making threads like this: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/775/post_links/34333

ethang5
ethang5
i don't think a one-word label for what you believe has been invented yet.  Feel free to make one up!
Oh snap! If only he were sharp enough to know how deeply he was cut!

It is my guess that some atheists come across as theophobic because they adopt an aggresive tone ie they signal theophobia, not atheism.
Yeah. Why the anger? Why the aggression? What exactly are they afraid of?

The trouble is you get theists making threads like this:.....
And atheists making threads like this

Guess which ones are more plentiful?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@keithprosser
But they only believe in fantasies, why should I care? After all, all of their belioefs deserve ridicule and as a good human I provide it.
The proclamations and fantasies of the IPSS are just so funny.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@ethang5
@keithprosser
@Stephen
@Mopac
@disgusted
It looks like God is pretty evil, right?

Wrong.

The verses were taken from Judges 21:1-24. Conveniently missing, however, is Judges 21:25. This verse says:

"25 In those days there was no king in Israel. Everyone did what was right in his own eyes."

In other words, what was done was sinful, and NOT condoned by God or the Bible. The story simply displays the corruption of Israel at the time. This is a recurring theme in the Old Testament. Israel becomes corrupt, God sends a judge or king or prophet to whip them back into spiritual shape, and the cycle repeats itself.

At first I wasn't sure whether Disgusted was being intentionally deceitful, or just parroting someone else's deception; I initially gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, I noticed there were hyperlinks in his OP, and I clicked on them. They led to Bible Gateway with "Judges 21" typed in the search bar. This meant that instead of searching for "Judges 21:1-24" he had searched for "Judges 21". This means that he saw Judges 21:25 and chose to omit it when he C/P'd the verses.

Nice try Disgusted. You should try being honest next time.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mharman
I made that point back in post #3.  Try to keep up!

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@keithprosser
Dang. Here I was being so proud of myself.

I thought you were trying to justify it by their decision to not let Benjamin die out in that post.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mharman
I doubt you are the only one who missed it!  Being misunderstood and ignored is my lot in life...
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mharman
How can something non existent be evil. An argument could be made that the people who invented him could be.
Ooh no king, whatever will we do with this crown says god's word. You don't get out of it with that nonsense.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@disgusted
Nice deflection... put me on the defensive so everyone forgets about your dishonesty. Sorry, but you're not getting out of it with that nonsense.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mharman
The dishonesty is in your beliefs and the book you get them from. Are you seriously claiming that these chosen of god needed a king to tell them right from wrong? Why didn't your god choose an intelligent race.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@disgusted
Have you always been antisemitic?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Plisken
It's amazing what you can find on the underside of the barrel.