"transgenderism" isnt a thing

Author: Statichead

Total: 78
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@Statichead
Intersex is a genetic defect that ends up being corrected by the doctor after consulting the parent(s). 

Animals are not a part of a discussion involving human beings. Keep the animal red herring out of this debate/discussion. 

We are a binary species, period. Anything else is an abnormal mutation. The majority of Joe am human beings are born clearly male or female. The tiny few intersex eventually get corrected. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Statichead
Well, other species are not homo sapiens.

And I did say that hermaphroditism does occur.

I was simply pointing out that the modern buzz word "non-binary" is an inappropriate compound.

As the human species is a binary species, where procreation relies upon the fusion of male and female gametes.
Statichead
Debates: 4
Statichead
-->
@zedvictor4
non-binary is a reference to gender, which is different than sex. I am a binary sex. I am a nonbinary gender.
Statichead
Statichead
-->
@TWS1405
Intersex people are not always "corrected." Whether or not it is a genetic defect, it is completely natural and "corrected" sounds... not too nice. 

Autism is natural. Does a person "correct" that?

Say you have a intersex person. A penis without testicles, say a vulva instead. Thats completely possible.  How does a person "Fix that" ?

a popular anti-trans argument is "Why would you cut off a completely healthy penis/breasts?" So, why would cut off a completely healthy intersex penis? Because it doesnt have testicles? If you want to "fix" the female part of it, where do the testicles come from now? A "male" has to live the rest of their life without testicles, never to reproduce? The person wont reproduce anyway, so what's the point? Why "fix" them? theres no point.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Statichead
Intersex people are not always "corrected."
How do you know? Also, I never said they were “always” corrected. 

Whether or not it is a genetic defect, it is completely natural and "corrected" sounds... not too nice. 
Technically it is NOT “natural” as “nature” intended. It’s a defect. Period. 

Autism is natural. Does a person "correct" that?
False equivalency fallacy as well as a red herring fallacy. 

Say you have a intersex person. A penis without testicles, say a vulva instead. Thats completely possible.  How does a person "Fix that" ?
Irrelevant to this discussion. It’s a personal choice. It’s subjective. 

a popular anti-trans argument is "Why would you cut off a completely healthy penis/breasts?" So, why would cut off a completely healthy intersex penis? Because it doesnt have testicles? If you want to "fix" the female part of it, where do the testicles come from now? A "male" has to live the rest of their life without testicles, never to reproduce? The person wont reproduce anyway, so what's the point? Why "fix" them? theres no point.
false equivalency fallacy, again. 

Statichead
Statichead
-->
@TWS1405
Why dont you answer my questions I have so lovingly laid out for you rather than show off what is and isnt a fallacy?
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Statichead
It's precisely because they are fallacies that they are not worth dignifying with an answer/response. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Statichead
Gender used to be the same as sex, until someone hijacked the dictionary.

People are always hijacking the dictionary though.

As far as I am concerned, I am of a binary species and so are you.

And for sure, social evolution and therefore species evolution is what it is and will become what it will become.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@zedvictor4
Gender used to be the same as sex, until someone hijacked the dictionary.
Gender is and forever shall remain a synonym of sex. 

Sex identifies the genitalia; gender identifies the make and model (male and female, nonother).

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Statichead
they want us out of politics and stuff, honestly the way to do that is to give us what we want, which isnt too difficult.
So, give us what we want, and we will stay out of your politics...….great...….not a threat at all.

No, I dont believe in objective morality. Humans are crazy, Humans are great, and Humans are also pure evil. Nobody is perfect.
So we should just all go around killing people, gottcha.....

pretty much just a right to safety and freedom like everyone else, y'know?
I'm pretty sure the LGBTQ+ community has just as much rights as everyone else.

it would be interesting to watch it, but it would probably just make me mad. Ben Shapiro and Matt Walsh are skilled debaters and sometimes I think like "hey thats a good point!" then I get mad at myself for accidentally agreeing with something I dont agree with. I need to remember that not only are they debaters, they are also skilled manipulators. 
So you get mad at people who make a good point?

Another person you should watch, is Rob Smith. He is an outright Gay man, who is against the LGBTQ+ movement.

I think its very normal for societies to change very frequently. 150 yrs ago slavery existed in the U.S, then, suddenly it stopped. Difference? 
Yes. Slavery didn't happen all over the world from the beginning of human civilization. Two Genders did.

specifically for trans people, I want the right to healthcare back.
I don't think the right to healthcare has been taken from "trans" people. 

Isnt "straightening them out" a little harsh? Anyway if a parent is abusive, why would a school want to instigate abusive behavior towards the child? It is a safety Measure, like i said.
No its not harsh. God these people are so hurt by the littlest things. 
So its a safety measure for the teachers and school to lie to the parents. Gottcha..., so the parents should have less control of their kids than the school does.
That's a great way to brainwash someone.

I personally have everything I need. I am unhappy in my body, but I am not desperate enough for surgery or hormones.
So let me get this strait. People who are unhappy about their body's, should get there organs removed to make them feel better about themselves?
Yea...… a great solution.

Personally, if you are banning trans surgery and "cutting off healthy breasts and penises" like they say, Why allow other cosmetic surgeries such as augmentations and plastic surgery? Difference?
Plastic surgery doesn't cause you major health problems, and doesn't chop off pieces of your body just to make you feel better about yourself.

there are asexuals, and there are "true" asexuals. regular asexuals do not like sex but don't necessarily hate it. "true" asexuals literally have no reproductive hormones telling them to go out and mate. I am a "regular" asexual. "true" asexuals are very rare. "True" asexuals are usually called Nullsexual.
…hold on let me process this for a second.....
So your telling me, that their are people born out there, with no reproductive hormones??
And the fact that someone doesn't like sex means they have to identify as something else.
Why cant someone just Identify as "a female who doesn't like sex"?

We are not always a binary species. There are intersex humans and other animals
Oh this argument again.
Intersex born people is a thing.....but it is soooo rare.
"Anne Fausto-Sterling s suggestion that the prevalence of intersex might be as high as 1.7% has attracted wide attention in both the scholarly press and the popular media. Many reviewers are not aware that this figure includes conditions which most clinicians do not recognize as intersex, such as Klinefelter syndrome, Turner syndrome, and late-onset adrenal hyperplasia. If the term intersex is to retain any meaning, the term should be restricted to those conditions in which chromosomal sex is inconsistent with phenotypic sex, or in which the phenotype is not classifiable as either male or female. Applying this more precise definition, the true prevalence of intersex is seen to be about 0.018%, almost 100 times lower than Fausto-Sterling s estimate of 1.7%."

Yea....0.018%.

But lets say we count intersex people as well. Most, if not all of intersex people have identifiable traits that pertain them to a certain gender.
Saying humans are non-binary because of intersex people, is like saying all humans have 1 arm, because some people are born with one arm.

Also being intersex, in your terms, is literally impossible, because that person would have to have the ability to both impregnate and be pregnant. That is not a thing.

Unfortunately, just like every other person with a disability born at birth, they are going to have to learn to live with it. But it doesn't mean they are both genders, they are one.

Again your making this too big of a deal. The intersex population is 0.018% of the population. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405
For sure, as far as I am concerned we are in agreement.

But as I stated, the word has already been hijacked, repurposed and reconsigned to the lexicon.

How's that for language fascism.
Statichead
Statichead
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Do some research before replying with your opinions. While you are at it, take a grammar lesson.

I realize that you did research for the intersex part but do it on every topic before considering yourself as correct.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
they want us out of politics and stuff, honestly the way to do that is to give us what we want, which isnt too difficult.
So, give us what we want, and we will stay out of your politics...….great...….not a threat at all.

No, I dont believe in objective morality. Humans are crazy, Humans are great, and Humans are also pure evil. Nobody is perfect.
So we should just all go around killing people, gottcha.....

pretty much just a right to safety and freedom like everyone else, y'know?
I'm pretty sure the LGBTQ+ community has just as much rights as everyone else.

it would be interesting to watch it, but it would probably just make me mad. Ben Shapiro and Matt Walsh are skilled debaters and sometimes I think like "hey thats a good point!" then I get mad at myself for accidentally agreeing with something I dont agree with. I need to remember that not only are they debaters, they are also skilled manipulators. 
So you get mad at people who make a good point?

Another person you should watch, is Rob Smith. He is an outright Gay man, who is against the LGBTQ+ movement.

I think its very normal for societies to change very frequently. 150 yrs ago slavery existed in the U.S, then, suddenly it stopped. Difference? 
Yes. Slavery didn't happen all over the world from the beginning of human civilization. Two Genders did.

I personally have everything I need. I am unhappy in my body, but I am not desperate enough for surgery or hormones.
So let me get this strait. People who are unhappy about their body's, should get there organs removed to make them feel better about themselves?
Yea...… a great solution.

Well what evidence do I need to have for this?

there are asexuals, and there are "true" asexuals. regular asexuals do not like sex but don't necessarily hate it. "true" asexuals literally have no reproductive hormones telling them to go out and mate. I am a "regular" asexual. "true" asexuals are very rare. "True" asexuals are usually called Nullsexual.
…hold on let me process this for a second.....
So your telling me, that their are people born out there, with no reproductive hormones??
And the fact that someone doesn't like sex means they have to identify as something else.
Why cant someone just Identify as "a female who doesn't like sex"?

Well, I tried to research, people without hormones, but couldn't find anything, because it is not true.

Personally, if you are banning trans surgery and "cutting off healthy breasts and penises" like they say, Why allow other cosmetic surgeries such as augmentations and plastic surgery? Difference?
Plastic surgery doesn't cause you major health problems, and doesn't chop off pieces of your body just to make you feel better about yourself.

"The mortality rate for outpatient surgery is 0.25–0.50 per 100,000 procedures."

"Using a sample comprised of 98% of all individuals who underwent SRS in Denmark from 1978 through 2010, this study found somatic morbidity in 19.1% of the study group before and 23.2% after SRS. Mortality rates were 9.6%, with an average age at death of 53.5 years."

It is way more dangerous and unneeded. 
Also, plastic surgery, has health benefits. Gender reassignment surgery does not.

These are just names that people have given themselves, just because they feel a certain way. No evidence needed. Plus also no such thing as born with no reproductive hormones.

Yea support the argument of cutting of penises and breasts is ok for everyone, by using 0.018% of the population. Bad argument.
Statichead
Statichead
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Something you and many similar to you fail to understand is that just because it is how you feel doesnt mean it is how others feel. Try your "research" again and look for the points and facts you dont agree with. I dont really care if you agree or not, but I want you to just see them. They might seem insane and unreasonable to you, but I just want you to know that is is really out there.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
Something you and many similar to you fail to understand is that just because it is how you feel doesnt mean it is how others feel.
Well, I try to base my "feelings" off of actual facts, which I have provided for you. 

Try your "research" again and look for the points and facts you dont agree with.
Already have. Still don't agree with them. Facts say otherwise. How about you do the same?

I dont really care if you agree or not, but I want you to just see them. They might seem insane and unreasonable to you, but I just want you to know that is is really out there.
Yea, there are a lot of things out there. Not all of them are true.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I would suggest that everything is true within its own context.

Comparatively speaking we can dispute anything.

Though some things are obviously more clear-cut than others.

As for things, transgenderism clearly is one, but is clearly not clear-cut in terms of factual data. As yet.

I currently see transgenderism as a modern socio-psychological development, and a separate issue to previously well documented developmental anomalies.

Though evidence shows us how it can and will affect human physiology.

And evolution shows us how small changes will eventually result in long term species modification.

Maybe this was always in GODDO's plan.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@zedvictor4
Listen, I don't agree, that transgender people should be banned, or have any less rights than anyone else. I agree with the premise that "transgenderism" doesn't exist. But I don't think people have the right to take away other rights on how they want to define themselves. If you want to be defined as a woman, but your a biological male, you can and vise versa. But where I draw the line, is when the LGBTQ+ community expect the whole of society to suddenly change the way they talk to people. 

You don't have the right to make people say what you want to hear. 
You have the right to "identify" as whatever you want, but it is a personal identity and nothing more.

57 days later

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
-->
@Athias
You can identify as whatever you want; however if you're going to transmute and apply well-defined terms, it's going to be a painstaking process to convince me that these descriptions should be abandoned and adopt your newly formed language.
What's the purpose of language?