Abortion is morally wrong, no exceptions.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 181
TWS1405
Debates: 0
TWS1405
-->
@Novice_II
Ha ha ha ha!!!

I’ve defended my position beyond any reasonable doubt. Claiming otherwise without proving it bad comedy!! 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Self-flattery is so narcissistic. 

Oh, and it is you are or you’re. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
POTENTIALITY =/= ACTUALITY!!!
Never has. Never will!!!
It doesn't mean it always will, but there is still a big chance, when you are talking about pregnancy. 

This reply alone just proves beyond all doubt that you not only lack reading comprehension skills, but also the requisite knowledge to even be having this debate/discussion on abortion. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
Your question/Statement:
Well miscarriage isn't abortion.
Yea it is. It’s a “natural” abortion. The females bodily defensive mechanism to keep her safe from potential death. 
Yes, but it isn't done on purpose. It isn't the mother's decision. It is a natural process, though very sad. 

Another dumb response with a glaring contradiction. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
Yet another ignorant response:

Baby: a very young child, especially one newly or recently born.
No it doesn’t. 

Reading comprehension problems? 

“Newly or recently born” = a very young child. 

Birth is the transition between pregnancy to child/baby, not before. 

"a very young child, especially one newly or recently born."

Look for yourself.
The lack of reading comprehension skills is unremarkable. 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
They can't just kill a baby just because of their own convenience.

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405
So, you're just going to point out your complaints on my grammar?

Wow such a strong argument.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
#123-126 goes above and beyond pointing out your lack of grammar skills. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
So, pointing out grammar skills is a great way of arguing pro-abortion. 
Great.......
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So being a young, ignorant, undereducated and blindly native twit tossing back the "I know you are, but what am I" childish retort is a good way to engage in civil debate in order to learn more about debating and the subject. #Hypocrite
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
So being a young, ignorant, undereducated and blindly native twit tossing back the "I know you are, but what am I" childish retort is a good way to engage in civil debate in order to learn more about debating and the subject. #Hypocrite
I'm done arguing with someone with so little knowladge about this subject.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No exceptions, eh? Sounds like you are either very cruel or have no idea why disallowing abortions causes greater suffering of women AND infants. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
No exceptions, eh? Sounds like you are either very cruel or have no idea why disallowing abortions causes greater suffering of women AND infants. 
I bring up my article from an earlier post.

"Every pregnancy-related death is tragic, especially because about 60% are preventable. Still, about 700 women die each year from complications of pregnancy."

So, let's do the math shall we?
There are approximately 8 billion people on earth. 
And 700 of those people die from pregnancy problems.

That mean:
0.00000875% of people die from pregnancy every year.
But then the article says," especially because about 60% are preventable" 

So, if we take that into consideration, then that puts us at:
0.00000525% of people die from pregnancy every year. 

These are the only exceptions. 
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You're allowing some exceptions - that's progress. 

Is death your only consideration? As the Slate article explains, abortion can prevent life-threatening scenarios and, just as important, prevent the suffering that comes with them. The Texas Law forces doctors to wait for something bad to happen rather than preventing something bad from happening. Do you accept the necessity of abortion here too?
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Also, the CDC is giving stats for one country (The US) not the entire world. Additionally, laws like those in Texas will increase maternal morbidity and possibly maternal death rates. If 700 deaths is your threshold and anti-abortion laws stand to push us beyond that, you'll either need to allow more death or more exceptions.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@SkepticalOne
you'll either need to allow more death or more exceptions.
No, I stand by what I said.
There is only one exception, for when the mother will die if she does not get an abortion.

That is the only exception, and the law should be like that.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If the choice is more (avoidable) deaths or reasonable exceptions for abortion you choose death. That's about as far as one can be from "Pro-life".

You really should read the article I provided. It provides some nuance you're missing. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@SkepticalOne
Yes, I read it.

Texas law says that if there are certain exceptions for abortions when the mother's life is put at risk.
"In Texas, a pair of laws together ban abortion at all stages of pregnancy, without exceptions for rape or incest, and with narrow exemptions for pregnant people at risk of death"

"Abortion in Texas is illegal in most cases. A trigger law has been in effect since August 25, 2022, which bans abortion in all cases except to save the life of the mother. On September 1, 2021, abortion became illegal in Texas in cases where embryonic cardiac activity can be detected."

"However, in September 2021, Texas adopted two measures, S.B. 4 and S.B. 8, which instituted punitive actions against anyone providing abortion. These laws took effect before the Supreme Court decision ended Roe v. Wade. And all of a sudden, termination of pregnancy became impossible in Texas unless and until there was an “immediate threat to maternal life.”

Your link states this itself.
"During those nine days of waiting, here is what was achieved for the babies: 27 of the patients had loss of the fetus in utero or the death of the infant shortly after delivery. Of the entire cohort, one baby remained alive, still in the NICU at time of the journal article’s publication, with a long list of complications from extreme prematurity, including bleeding in the brain, brain swelling, damage to intestines, chronic lung disease. and liver dysfunction. If a baby survives these complications, they often result in permanent, lifelong illnesses. During those nine days of waiting, here is what was achieved for the babies: 27 of the patients had loss of the fetus in utero or the death of the infant shortly after delivery. Of the entire cohort, one baby remained alive, still in the NICU at time of the journal article’s publication, with a long list of complications from extreme prematurity, including bleeding in the brain, brain swelling, damage to intestines, chronic lung disease. and liver dysfunction. If a baby survives these complications, they often result in permanent, lifelong illnesses."

If the argument you chose to use is that abortion should be legal, because babies are born with illnesses, then I have a question. 
All people with illnesses, do their lives matter?

And if anything, this proves my point even more. Yes, a lot of babies died, but at least the doctors gave the baby's a chance to survive. Even if they were allowed to get abortions, it would have ended even worse than it did, because one baby survived with no abortion, and no babies would have survived if there was abortion.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
If the choice is more (avoidable) deaths or reasonable exceptions for abortion you choose death. 
But it's not more death. You are comparing the 930,160 babies killed, to the 700 women who have died, then I would say that that is proving pro-life given that there was a lot more lives saved.

For example, some people have made the argument that if you ban abortion, then the illegal cases of abortion will skyrocket.
Which is true, it is common since to believe that if you make something illegal, then there will be more illegal cases of that thing. 
But in the end, there are more lives saved.

And if your argument is that people are still dying because of your thinking, then you are pro-death, then that is stupid.
There will always be death, no matter how many laws you put in place. The thing people should try to do, is reduce that death as much as possible. It would be impossible to stomp out all death. Thats not how the world works.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
That's not how the world works.

Well, the world just spins around and around relative to its Cosmic situation

And we've made it to about 8 billion, despite the inevitability of death.

So, an abortion or two is not currently such a problem in that respect

Unless you read a lot more into the whole material evolution thing.

But of course, there is more than one hypothesis available.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
this proves my point even more. Yes, a lot of babies died, but at least the doctors gave the baby's a chance to survive. Even if they were allowed to get abortions, it would have ended even worse than it did, because one baby survived with no abortion, and no babies would have survived if there was abortion.
At least 27 women had to suffer and have their health endangered unnecessarily. And, yes, one infant was still alive at time of publishing with "a long list of complications from extreme prematurity, including bleeding in the brain, brain swelling, damage to intestines, chronic lung disease. and liver dysfunction". Survival is/was not a given in spite of the suffering and/or death of nearly 60 individuals. 

At what point are the (maimed?) Infant lives not worth the risked lives and suffering of mothers and babies?

If the choice is more (avoidable) deaths or reasonable exceptions for abortion you choose death. 
But it's not more death. You are comparing the 930,160 babies killed, to the 700 women who have died, then I would say that that is proving pro-life given that there was a lot more lives saved.
I am pointing out how "no exceptions" is clearly harmful and unreasonable in, at least, some extreme situations. You've agreed. 

Have a good night.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
I am pointing out how "no exceptions" is clearly harmful and unreasonable in, at least, some extreme situations. You've agreed. 

Have a good night.
And I agree, but Texas law does give exceptions.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If the argument you chose to use is that abortion should be legal, because babies are born with illnesses, then I have a question. 
All people with illnesses, do their lives matter?
You cannot compare a pregnancy to that of an already born living individual. 
The former has NO legal rights/protections, whereas the latter does. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
You can't use your opinion as evidence.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I'm done arguing with someone with so little knowladge about this subject.
BWAAAHAAHAAAHAAA!!!! Hilarious psychological projection there, child. 
You cannot even spell knowledge correctly, let alone pay attention to detail when words you type have red squiggly lines underneath them indicating a misspelling. 
BWAAAHAAHAAAHAAA!!!! 
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You can't use your opinion as evidence.
And you subjectively claimed that I have no knowledge of the subject... BWAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!

That is NOT my opinion, that is a FACT!

A pregnancy has NO legal rights/protections whereas a birthed person DOES have legal rights/protections. Ignoramus!

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
That is NOT my opinion, that is a FACT!
Prove it then. Prove why a baby in the womb has no rights.

Also, laughing at grammar mistakes isn't your biggest argument for why your right.......right?

It seems to me like you're paying more attention to how i am spelling, than my actual argument.

You can claim all day that babies in the womb are worth nothing, but without actual valid answers to my questions, and valid evidence, then its nothing more than a claim.

You can call it a fact all you want, but it's still just an opinion.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I don’t have to prove anything of the sort.  It’s common fucking knowledge!!! 

Also try reading the 14th Amendment to the Us Constitution. It makes it perfectly clear when all the rights, privileges and equal protection of the law kicks in: BIRTH! Not before. 

I never claimed a pregnancy was worthless. Strawman fallacy on your part. And a rather ignorant one at that. 

PS. You don’t have an actual argument. You’re just a blathering fool when it comes to this topic. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
ok buddy, but I still don't hear any argument from your side to counter mine. Only insults.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
That’s because you’re blind deaf and dumb.