An Open letter to the MOD team and DART

Author: Wylted

Total: 141
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
I get it, you're the omniscience to Mike's omnipotence. I dig it. Is Virt the omnibenevolent one?
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
No. I've got it all.

Raltar
Debates: 4
Raltar
The debates are nothing more than a popularity contest.
They sometimes are, but I could not disagree more strongly with the sentiment that they usually are.

The FORUM is a popularity contest, with a massive side-order of trolling. 

Seriously, it is really sad how many users of this site do nothing but post on the forum while ignoring the debates entirely. Why even participate in a debate website if you plan to ignore the main feature of the site? Just go find some generic forum to troll. There has to be at least a few million to choose from.

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Raltar
Do we really have to reopen this formal debate/forum debate rivalry over which is better or more important?
Raltar
Raltar
-->
@Castin
Well, you tell me;

Why even participate in a debate website if you plan to ignore the main feature of the site?
Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
I hope that quote wasn't you btw
It was not me, which is why Wylted was banned right now. Castin was shown evidence of Wylted's dishonesty, Wylted was unable to provide her evidence of the truth of his allegation (because none existed), and, based on that, coupled with Wylted's confession to Virt, Castin made a determination. Honestly, that quote doesn't even sound like me.
He actually confessed directly to me as well. *shrug*

Castin
Castin
-->
@Raltar
Well, you tell me;

Why even participate in a debate website if you plan to ignore the main feature of the site?
Sorry, I've just had this argument before.

Debating in the forums is debate. It's thread debate. I enjoy reading both thread debates and formal debates for different reasons and I feel that if we lost either one of them, the site would be greatly diminished. And it makes total sense to me that many users would use the forums and not really care about formal debates.

Raltar
Raltar
-->
@Castin
Debating in the forums is debate. It's thread debate.
Back in my day we just called that a flame war

If that's your thing, cool, whatever I guess.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Raltar
FFS I just realized I didn't explain why it makes total sense to me even though you were asking for an explanation. I've been up for like 30 hours, it may be showing.

I once addressed that here.
Raltar
Raltar
-->
@Castin
Er, I felt like your short statement was sufficient enough. 

Crap though, if you have been awake for 30 hours and you aren't camping the fire giant hideout in Everquest, you should probably go to bed.  
Castin
Castin
-->
@Raltar
Hey if I could I would, trust me.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Wait... Is it a bannable offense to lie about what's been said in a PM?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I am about to be banned 3 days because Castin said if I do not apologize I will be banned. For all anybody knows all PM screen shots of my interactions with bsh1 have been faked by him, so no evidence against me that is believable is out against me. I did tell him and virtuosa I lied about bsh1 in the debate, but for all they know I merely did that to defend his reputation to a couple of people close to him, and that my original allegation was honest.
LOL. Told you all. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Outplayz
Now I know why bsh1 and Virt recruited Castin. She is supposed to lend credibility to the whole charade. My God you guys take this petty stuff seriously!

Check out the voting.

Outplayz, if you did bet, you'd be on your way to the bank right now.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ethang5
No idea why someone so one sided would be considered credible. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
This is why I stuck to the forums
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vaarka
Woodstock speak wisdom.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@drafterman
That's the beauty of the Rorschach CoC: squint hard enough and you can find a justification for anything.
Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
Call me crazy but I don't care what bsh1 said to Wylted. It was in a PM and outside of the debate (IF it happened). There's no violation of conduct there, and there's no automatic loss either.

I've known both Wylted and bsh1 for 2 years. I'm going to take bsh1's side here. Bsh is not the kind of person to send a PM out like that. Wylted, however, is the kind of person to stir up trouble.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@bsh1
"47 posts."

Wrong.
Mharman
Mharman
"Would anyone like to place bets on how many pages this thread will be by a certain time. I want to say at least three pages by noon tomorrow. "

Correct.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@drafterman
I would think so.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Mharman
I'd like to hear from the mods on this.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
It was not me, which is why Wylted was banned right now. Castin was shown evidence of Wylted's dishonesty, Wylted was unable to provide her evidence of the truth of his allegation (because none existed), and, based on that, coupled with Wylted's confession to Virt, Castin made a determination. Honestly, that quote doesn't even sound like me.
Yeah it didn't sound like you, and since this is all about lying... i didn't trust he was telling the truth. I imagine he would have screenshot it if it was real. That is reverse bullying in my opinion so i think you guys made a good judgment call in showing you won't put up with that kind of behavior. No disagreements from me. 

They sometimes are, but I could not disagree more strongly with the sentiment that they usually are.
Fair enough. I don't think either of us will know for sure since there is no way to test it. I just have a gut feeling, and from some observation, people don't vote honestly. Plus, to add in people go around asking for friends to vote on debates... i think that's a little cheating too. Bc there is a good chance your friend will vote in your favor. All in all, i don't think the debates are perfect by any stretch of the imagination. There is quite a bit of dishonesty that goes down. Maybe not up to the "usually" mark... but definitely no lower or equal to the "rarely" mark.  

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Castin
Post #51
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
You are a forum-main to extreme degrees.
I'm everywhere not just forums. I just don't post in debates much but i read them all the time. 

You probably know much more about forum politics 
One of my degrees are in sociology so i really like to watch behavior. I'm pretty good at picking up on most the drama and heat from anywhere on the site. 

Bsh1 and I are the 2 highest ranked debaters on the site 
I wonder why... I'm sure you guys have good honesty debates... but, i'm also sure you guys have won dishonestly. You going around asking your friends to vote on your debates doesn't help your case here. Most of the time i, or others, will vote for the person we like. 

Once you admit that this is not your area of expertise,
I don't think i can admit to not being able to read situations.

Popularity DOES make the 'edge' in close debates.
Not only does it give an edge... it also wins debates.

Other than that, honesty is superior.
Honesty is superior. I have no problem with that, and i'm sure there are honest people. However, i don't think it's "rare" that there are dishonest votes and/or conduct. I'm actually positive about that. I can concede to Bsh1 saying "usually" is a bit much... but i wouldn't say dishonesty is rare. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@ethang5

Outplayz, if you did bet, you'd be on your way to the bank right now.
Yeah, i don't concede my bet. He says he disagrees that it "usually" happens... i can give him that. But, i most definitely don't think it's a rare occurrence. I think it happens more often than not people vote dishonestly and/or are dishonest in their conduct to win debates.   
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@Outplayz
@Castin
@RationalMadman
@bsh1
Post #49

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@drafterman
Clearly that fact that he was banned shows their thoughts.
Mharman
Mharman
WTF Wylted. Shame on you.