An Open letter to the MOD team and DART

Author: Wylted

Total: 141
nmvarco
Debates: 19
nmvarco
Great guys just the way to ruin the site. maybe we could delete the forum and have a debate site.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@nmvarco
I already suggested that.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@nmvarco
That's dumb. One of the greatest features of this site are the forums. They allow socializing and discussion. This site would be nowhere near as as interesting without the forums. Take Edeb8, DebateIsland, and ForDebating as examples. Their forums sections were way less developed, so most of DDO refugees went here.
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Mharman
WTF Wylted. Shame on you.

Sorry to dox you, but photos of Mharman have been found:

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
so are the mods gonna answer drafters question or nah
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@thett3
Probably not.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Wait... Is it a bannable offense to lie about what's been said in a PM?
You'll need to talk to Castin for a definitive answer. From my understanding, it is not permitted to lie in order to assassinate another user's character and it's not permissible to lie in order to cheat in a debate. Those acts constitute personal attacks and excessive trolling, respectively. I also explained why I personally felt the violation was severe.

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Just fuck off calling it wrong to ask a friend to vote on a debate. Seriously get lost. You are not some sociology guru who knows everything about debating politics. Have you even won a single debate? Don't talk big before you do big.
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
At least make it just temporary. Debateart can't afford to permanently lose people like him.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
@Castin
@spacetime
@David
@bsh1
Two ties and two losses are due to my honesty or the others dishonesty.
Virtuoso is a shameless dishonest debater. He will laugh as you forget about a Saudi-US alliance debate and take the win. I didn't let the salt get to me. He's pathetic and stays low regardless and that's a fucking fact. He laughed as I lost the debate due to me being kind enough to delay my response as he asked me in the comments to wait. I waited so long and got busy IRL that I was left with barely any time to format my arguments well and post it. Yet, when the iPhone vs Android debate came and he forgot it, I agreed to tie. I didn't even fake kindness by posting an argument so he'd be forced to agree to delete the debate, I took a tie to a much lower ranked debater that's hurt my rating. He's also one of the fools who voted wrong in my sun set debate resulting in me failing to beat a semantics troll because people don't process logic correctly other than raltar.
I don't care. I accept a free will debate against soacetime who defines it in an unloseable, completely wrong way in his description and what do I do? I know that it's unenforceable to truly go by your deacripdesc if it's abusively defined but I say fuck it, this was a noob-trap that I should merely have expose din the comments and on the forums on philosophy, not accepted. I take the L willingly even though I could have made many agree hde defined it weo gly and played as dirty as him.

Life isn't about being as pathetic as the easy win grabbers. I could be a bsh1 and go for vague topics where I just spam arguments on the side where more research has been done. It's pathetic, subpar debating and doesn't ever win him proper debates in the proper way hit it's a good enough strategy to get you high here. 

It's not about dishobesty and I am outperforming this lack of integrity, regardless. Don't sell your soul for an easy rise, make those going for the easy rise bitterly envy you as you surpass them by genuine, sportsmanlike behaviour. Wylted very very recently accepted a Lucifer debate thinking I meant something different. He was crying, calling me rude things and being belligerent refused ng to cooperate with me getting the debate deleted and then calling me corrupt and shameless for not getting it deleted. I stayed calm even though he called me a fruitcake among other things that got very personal in the comments, and simply said to bsh1 to delete the autowin debate. Don't fucking stand there telling me that debating is about dishonesty. Pussies will be pussies, dicks will be dicks, you gotta keep your heart in tact and brain vigilant and outside them regardless. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
^^^ my knees don't need pads anymore, cuck of Jesus and the Pope.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Swagnarok
It was a three day ban.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah... i've won debates. What kind of logic is that anyways. If i started to only debate i'm sure i'll win some and lose some. It's not rocket science. When you ask friends to vote on your debates... that has "more" potential to go your way, and i never said it's wrong. Are you serious right now? That's simple logic of human behavior. You think a friend will go into your debate not bias? Right...  Even if it's only to vote on debates you clearly win... you are still getting a vote bc you know someone vs. your opponent that's not friends with anyone on said site. I think it's all dishonest. This isn't real life man... nowhere near it.  
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@RationalMadman
^^^ my knees don't need pads anymore, cuck of Jesus and the Pope.
Imagine taking 24 hours to come up with this and type it out with your noodle arms, lmao

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Sociology degree teaches you about real life if this is nowhere near real life or near it your entire authority is lost.
This, however, is very much like real-life in terms of individual non-directly-scored and the politics involved with something like MMA, boxing, X Factor etc. You do need to charm and inoress specific judges/voters and in a dance-off on a dance show where the judge decide who to get rid of and who to keep in the competition, you're going to find so much subjectivity involved with the scoring and perception of the dances etc. That isn't about dishonesty, it's called inevitable judgement calls and the grey area between objectivity and subjectivity.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
I didn't take twenty four hours. I was replying to outplayz. Body shaming and helping people narrow me down IRL isn't cute. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@drafterman
Wait... Is it a bannable offense to lie about what's been said in a PM?
I considered the offense to be personal attack. A personal attack that took the form of lying about something said in a PM to win a debate. My reason: in the final round of that debate Wyl completely abandoned his arguments and didn't engage any of bish's arguments, instead attacking bish's personal character with some random nasty lie, which I was given evidence was definitely a lie. Baffling.

It's no big deal. Wylted for some reason insisted there are no limits or standards in a debate and anything goes, even lies and personal attacks, and needless to say, moderation (in this case moi) disagreed. You can't abandon the arguments of a debate to personally attack and lie about your opponent. If you can't win based only on your arguments, just take the damn loss for Christ's sake, learn from it and do better later.

In any case, a ban was not my first go-to. I just told him to publicly take back the lie and apologize and he'd only get a brief suspension from the formal debate side of this site, and if he'd done that he'd be here talking to us right now. Gave him many chances to do it -- too many, I'm sure some thought -- and he refused. So I waited until after he made this thread and recommended a 3 day ban. He'll be back soon, and somehow... oh, somehow... I think we'll all get on with our lives.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Castin
In any case, a ban was not my first go-to. I just told him to publicly take back the lie and apologize and he'd only get a brief suspension from the formal debate side of this site, and if he'd done that he'd be here talking to us right now. Gave him many chances to do it -- too many, I'm sure some thought -- and he refused. So I waited until after he made this thread and recommended a 3 day ban. He'll be back soon, and somehow... oh, somehow... I think we'll all get on with our lives.
Lol wtf? Grovel and apologize and you will be spared? A lie = a personal attack? Sorry, I know you didn't make the promise, but this is hilarious in light of assurances that moderation would be laissez-faire. If someone insults their opponent during a debate without something serious like doxing or threats, or lies, the voters punish them with a loss. There's no need for moderation to get involved. And if such a line is crossed, it's absurd to give someone a chance to grovel in order to avoid punishment. Just administer the punishment prescribed for whatever infraction took place.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
As you can see from REF's reply, genuine mercy and morality are things his crew hate in a mod. That's why they loved Airmax. Airmax gave mercy proportional to the user's popularity. That avoided people like me having anyone to defend us and had a round of applause at our banning while users like Bench being allowed back nine times got a hip hip hooray as well. Sell your soul and become Max. JK, Don't.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Lol wtf? Grovel and apologize and you will be spared? A lie = a personal attack? Sorry, I know you didn't make the promise, but this is hilarious in light of assurances that moderation would be laissez-faire. If someone insults their opponent during a debate without something serious like doxing or threats, or lies, the voters punish them with a loss. There's no need for moderation to get involved. And if such a line is crossed, it's absurd to give someone a chance to grovel in order to avoid punishment. Just administer the punishment prescribed for whatever infraction took place.
If someone personally attacks you with some vicious PM lie in the closing round of a formal debate so that you can't even counter in a next round or attempt to provide evidence defending yourself, and you consider that fine, don't report it. If someone does report it happening to them in objection to that behavior, I'm not gonna let it stand. Deal with it, mate.

You can always start an unmoderated debate if you want mods to fuck off and give you some space to get rough. I watch that shit with popcorn.

And his punishment was suspension from debate, which was gonna happen no matter what and will still be in effect once his temp ban expires. I don't really consider it groveling to own up to your own lie and admit your mistake, but you can call it whatever you like. P.S. I freakin' love the new pic for reasons I can't explain.
ethang5
ethang5
....instead attacking bish's personal character with some random nasty lie, which I was given evidence was definitely a lie. Baffling.
Not baffling if you realize it was a setup all along.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Buahahahahaha. You're such a funny little coward.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Told you all 
Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
She is supposed to lend credibility to the whole charade.
Idk, you'd think they would've picked someone who swears less often.

Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Poor airmax, have we had a single debacle where his name wasn't somehow dragged through it? I'm trying to think... there was the left-wing thread shitstorm, the right-wing thread shitstorm... I want to say that in every debacle involving mod complaints he was brought up somehow... wait, the Tyrone thing. Was that our first airmax free shitstorm? I can't remember his name being brought up in that.

thett3
thett3
-->
@Castin
i still can’t believe that black people aren’t allowed to call each other “nigga” on this site. Typical whitey still trying to restrict the black man even after all these years. it’s no coincidence that bsh comes from one of the last states to abolish slavery 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Castin
Or someone who wins the vote as best liked. People are weird.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
@thett3
Or someone who wins the vote as best liked. People are weird.
Ikr, someone won best liked when the site was all of two days old and had a population of five people. Clearly I am a universal star. I'll put that on my resume, I will.

i still can’t believe that black people aren’t allowed to call each other “nigga” on this site. Typical whitey still trying to restrict the black man even after all these years. it’s no coincidence that bsh comes from one of the last states to abolish slavery 
Don't know what you're talking about, afaik you can say nigga now if it's not intended to offend. Did you miss the threads discussing the policy changes?
thett3
thett3
-->
@Castin
wtf? Whitey shouldn’t be allowed to say it. All you’re doing is proving my point, he’s literally incapable of not oppressing the black man. Tyrone (the real one) opted not to join the site after I told him about bsh. This site badly needs diversity but we aren’t gonna get it with a moderation team that’s steeped in white supremacy 
thett3
thett3
-->
@Castin
my gf (who is descended from the fiercest of the Mongolian steppe raiders) also chose not to join this site because she was worried that as a WoC she wouldn’t be comfortable in such a white dominate space