They came up with a "new" definition of the word Woman.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 120
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
According to Cambridge Dictionary, the now "new updated and inclusive" word woman, has been changed to:
"an adult who lives and identifies as female though they may have been said to have a different sex at birth:"

Any thoughts?
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I just find it amusing how obsessed with this topic the political right is. Do you guys really have nothing better to be concerned about?
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I have to echo Double R here...so what? Like what about the way this word is defined changes your day to day life in such a way that it generates some sort of offended feeling inside you? I presume there's a corresponding definition of the word "man", yet somehow I don't give a shit. And whoever you think "THEY" are (illuminati? jews? who is this nefarious conglomerate?), the dictionary doesn't come up with definitions and impose them, it merely catalogues the ways words are used at a given point in time. It's descriptive, not prescriptive. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
This topic is unfalsifiably correct because it is dangerously close to recursion.

The definition of gender should based on attributes dependent on sex, because without the definition of "sex", "gender" loses tangible meaning.

I propose a better idea for the definition for the same term:
Woman: An adult human possessing distinctive characteristics accepted as associated to a human with XX sex chromosomes by the portion of society said adult human is in.
In some cases, believing one is a woman is indeed a distinctive characteristic of being a biological woman, others think you are just pooting nonsense.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I think gender today have become way too specific and should be more abstract. In fact, society would probably be better off having no specific genders rather than the (checks webpage) 97 genders we have so far.

Honestly, we shouldn't care about if this person has a shaft or a valley in their underpants as much as we do now. To be fair, modern transgenderism sounds a lot like "Hey, those people with a shaft in their pants seem way cooler than I am now, I better be like them", vice versa. Having certain roles specifically reserved for people grown with shafts is a thing of the past, and in modern society, where except for the stereotypes for gender and sex, male an female are more equal than before.

But of course, maybe getting people to cooperate on this is as hard as "real" communism. I am sure somebody will try to justify sexism openly after this set of rules have been offered. I am sure that somebody is probably doing it now amidst a crowding of boos.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I have tried very hard to make this post as unoffensive as possible. If you are still offended by something here, tell me your problem, or mine, or both, if I have free time I will respond.

Tnath
Debates: 1
Tnath
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Personally I find that definition to be exclusionary as it seems does not include people who prefer to live as a tomboy but identify as a female. Based on what I understand the way that's trying to be understood it's as follows:

A woman is someone who passed the stage of which they stop identifying themselves as a child, and have identified themselves with more adult characteristics. This person is someone with the feminine characteristics that they identify with and therefore wants to be identified as a woman. This same understanding can be used for a man, girl or boy. With regards to language we often gender things based on masculine or feminine characteristics but they can also be described in a more gender-neutral way. 

What does masculine or feminine characteristics mean? They are common characteristics often found in the general male or female population. These things may include but are not limited to sex anatomy, way of dressing, sets of roles taken upon oneself or interests that one has. Because these things varie, they can be easily used to describe the opposite sex. It is often best to ask the person what they identify as, for it's up to each individual to decide where their threshold is or if the prefer to not identify with either

For me personally, I try to be considerate of others but I define them based on the metric of where I personally see them at the time with regards to age and feminine characteristics despite what the person would like, as I feel that while a person can be whatever they decide they are, they are still constantly being judged based on how they are being seen by the world and I am not going to try to change how I think about people just because that's what they want at the time. In a way doing that feels a bit like religion, or a cult where people are not able to think for themselves but rather are being told what to think. 
Tnath
Tnath
-->
@Intelligence_06
I believe the reason why society is so obsessed about the idea of gender and needs gender, is because of the fact that it helps I understand what a person is. It's just like if I tell you that this(a chair) is a structure made of wood. That would be defining what it is but not putting into a way of describing that can be understood about how to use it. From that explanation I could be described a table or a cabinet. Just because something is made from wood (female) doesn't mean that the definition chair(woman) makes them who they are, but rather helps people understand what things they might be able to use to best place them within society mentally and physically. I wouldn't want a structure made of wood(chair) to be used as a structure made of wood(bookshelf) even though they are made of the same thing. When discussion regards gender there is the question of whether the source wood(female) means that people should have the expectations of a chair(woman) or if the better expectation is that it would best fit the expectations of a bookshelf (man). To one side they might say that a chair(women) can be used to hold books and therefore should not be change their identity, while the other side says that wood(female) can be both a chair(women) and a bookshelf (man) and therefore it can change depending on what is best suited for it(that person).
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
My thought is,
What a cr@p definition of woman.

I also don't think much of the absurd genderisms people use.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Tnath
That is a problem. We don't need to categorize attributes to the "man" and "woman" categories to the point where people want to transition. Just do your thing while keeping the thing you have in your pants, while being the person you are biologically being able to operate, walk, eat, speak, and tell other people what you think you are.

We shouldn't even assign attributes to what genders or sexes they belong. It is the same thing as the stereotype where men are expected to be hard and strong and women are expected to be soft and flexible. From what I see, genders are just glorified sets of stereotypes.
cristo71
cristo71
If a person who was born male but identifies as female were to be elected president before a cisgender woman, would history acknowledge that person as the first woman president or merely the first transgender president?

Tnath
Tnath
-->
@Intelligence_06
While it might seem like we don't need to, it's still important to consider that people like to have a general guidelines for understanding a person. They might be arbitrary things that don't necessarily describe that particular person, but in general it describes a majority of them. For example if I were to want to be a gentleman, I might pull out a chair for a women while  with a man I would let them pull it out. This is not to say that all women like this, but in a majority of the cases someone who sees themselves as a woman would appreciate this action where as someone who sees themselves as a man would find it rude. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@cristo71
Who cares, as long as the leadership is above Trump, something will be memorable. Otherwise, the history people prefers to ignore.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Double_R
I just find it amusing how obsessed with this topic the political right is. Do you guys really have nothing better to be concerned about?
Well, the great Mr. Potatohead war played out, the war on Dr. Seuss played out, it's January so the war on Christmas is done for a while, they need this to stay relevent LOL.

If only a football player would take a knee during the National Anthem, then the GOP would really be sitting pretty with a real issue that matters.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
This country barely survived Disney casting a black woman to play a fish, we need the GOP to get mad before it's too late, time to save the world from Biden's dictionary definition of woman.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Dictionaries frequently contain several definitions for any one word. That a woman can be referred to by gender instead of sex, does not invalidate other definitions.

The lone bothersome thing for me about changing definitions along these lines, is that heterosexual needs to be spelled out to be mono-heterosexual, rather than having the modifier being the rare cases of trans inclusionary heterosexuals.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Intelligence_06
I think gender today have become way too specific and should be more abstract. In fact, society would probably be better off having no specific genders rather than the (checks webpage) 97 genders we have so far.
King Charles VI of France believed he was made of glass, I think men who self identify as glass should be gender number 98.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Like what about the way this word is defined changes your day to day life in such a way that it generates some sort of offended feeling inside you?
No not offence but changing basic language just for the sole purpose of "including people" can start a chain to other things. 
I don't feel offended by this in any way, but I'm pretty sure all of the sane women out there are very offended with this new update, and they should be. 
The whole purpose of this new definition was to include everyone who might "identify" as a woman, without contradicting themselves, or making any kind of circular definition. 
But they still fail to do so, given that there might be people out there who live as a male, but identify as a woman, won't be considered a woman. 

And they used the word female in their so called "new definition", but the word female translates to: "of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes." according to the Oxford Dictionary. 
So how can someone identify as something that they are biologically incapable of being. Of course, men can feel like they are women and vice versa, but that doesn't make you a woman. 

It would be the same thing as me debating someone on this website and saying that I strongly feel like the right person with all the knowledge on the topic that I am debating. 
I could even go as far as to ask you to affirm my identity, by saying I was right all along, even though I was not. 

The reason I and a lot of people care so much, is because a civil society, cannot run without language. And if we are just changing language at will, then what is to stop others for changing it for their benefit in a not so nice way?

This whole definition falls back on the thinking that gender is a social construct. But time and time again, people have proven this claim to be wrong, no matter how others feel about it. Gender is not a social construct. 
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And if we are just changing language at will, then what is to stop others for changing it for their benefit in a not so nice way?

Please provide an example of such a potential hazard, like a practical one that might be next if we decide that a person can call themselves a man or woman according to their own preference. What happens that ruins or even affects your day to day? What is threatened? What thread in the very fabric of a civil society unravels? No one is telling YOU you have to identify in any way, you're free to be whatever you think you are.

I don't feel offended by this in any way, but I'm pretty sure all of the sane women out there are very offended with this new update, and they should be. 
Well, you do feel some sort of way about it, you stated a topic, so if it isn't offended, it sounds more like you're afraid. My wife is sane and doesn't give a shit what anyone else identifies as. Can you offer anything I can tell her to convince her she should be offended or terrified? 

I swear, the obsession on the right with genitals is just straight bizarre. Particularly with children's genitals. Every accusation is truly a confession, they say!
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
 What is threatened? What thread in the very fabric of a civil society unravels? No one is telling YOU you have to identify in any way, you're free to be whatever you think you are.
That exact sentence,"...you're free to be whatever you think you are." is exactly the sentence that could be used for wrong. Think about it.

If anyone is free to be anything they wanted to be, then what is stopping the government from using that to their advantage, to take advantage of the American people's freedom and rights.

Society is threatened. Society is based in language. If we can just change language at will, then what is stopping people from changing.... oh idk, the US constitution? Then all of the rules and laws that the most successful country has run on to become successful, could be changed completely to something that could destroy what we have. 

it sounds more like you're afraid.
 I'm not afraid of LGBTQ+ people specifically, but the movement itself, and the government pushing it through the media, does scare me, because it is causing the indoctrination of children, and hurting the new generation specifically. The new definition of woman comes mostly from the LGBTQ+ movement. 
I draw the line when it comes to children, and it has come to children. 
CHILDREN ARE LITERALLY BEING SEXUALIZED. 
WHY ARE WE NORMALIZING THIS???
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
And the discussing thing about the left, is that they support this kind of stuff, with no arguments to back them up. 

The only thing they say, when they are backed into a corner, is stuff like," Why are so obsessed with this subject?" It's because they can't provide any argument to back them up, so they only ask questions to fight back. And when the truth is revealed to them, they deny it. 

They deny all of the people who have transitioned, and have warned people to stop.
They deny the level of sexualization of kids in school.
They deny gender transition surgery to be irreversible.
They deny all of the evil things that the left has done to push this agenda. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I do not think the legal definition has changed, but correct me if I am wrong.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Intelligence_06
Who cares...
Many people on the left are obsessed with merit that is based solely on gender or race. If the bar to qualify is exclusively a gender, then meeting that bar by simple identification would be a significant advantage for ambitious people.

It can also be a precedent for identifying as a preferred race for the same reason of meeting that high bar of qualification.

Technically, this can already be done. I have been self-identifying as African-American for over 10 years to gain the advantages of expedited government welfare. Not one Federal agent has asked me for a DNA test.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Greyparrot
I do not think the legal definition has changed, but correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct, but it is the start of what I was talking about. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Double_R
I think it's very olimportant that some people hate themselves so much they try to cut their dicks off to become somebody new. An alarming amount realizing that they are still who they were before and can't escape the self help, decide to kill themselves to finally escape themselves.

Obviously a grown man can do what he wants including cut off his dick, 

It's much better that instead of telling incels becoming women will solve their problems, is we start telling them that they need to accept themselves and love themselves, and maybe explain to them that God wants them to live as a man and experience what that is like, maybe in the next life they don't have to get the short end of the stick and can be a woman, but that self hatred isn't the answer nor is self castration.

The problem with accepting them as we have seen is that many mothers with manchausen by proxy have used this as an excuse to start mutilating their children or putting them on chemical castration drugs, or we have seen mother's and yes it is usually women because they are more easily persuaded by social programming that because a boy wants to play with Barbie dolls that it means he really is a girl and they have been programmed to believe all Tom boys are lesbians and also secretly men and they have started abusing their daughters by treating them that way as well. 

So yes, I think cutting off the dicks of children and chemically castrating then is worth fighting against even if that means we have to upset some social norms. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ludofl3x
I have to echo Double R here...so what? Like what about the way this word is defined changes your day to day life in such a way that it generates some sort of offended feeling
I literally use the word woman everyday, you can't just willy nilly change definitions like that. Now what the fuck am I supposed to call a random bitch walking by when I am doing my construction job

If I say "Hey woman" and whistle my boys could think I am gay. I have to literally whistle and cat call them by saying "hey there presumably biological female, how ya doing?" 

It's hard to get that all out while they are crossing the street to avoid me. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
And the discussing thing about the left, is that they support this kind of stuff, with no arguments to back them up. 

The only thing they say, when they are backed into a corner, is stuff like," Why are so obsessed with this subject?" It's because they can't provide any argument to back them up, so they only ask questions to fight back. And when the truth is revealed to them, they deny it. 

They deny all of the people who have transitioned, and have warned people to stop.
They deny all of the evil things that the left has done to push this agenda
Who exactly is this "they" that is doing all this denying?  
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

They deny all of the evil things that the left has done to push this agenda. 
Who exactly is this "they" who are doing all this denying anyway?  Do you have examples, is there anything more to this than what the voices in your head tell you to make up?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
Who exactly is this "they" that is doing all this denying?  
The LGBTQ+ community that is pushing gender reassignment surgery for people who are confused with their gender identity. 

Do you have examples, is there anything more to this than what the voices in your head tell you to make up?
I will gladly provide you with examples. 

These are trans people who are warning us about how transitioning is not the right choice, but all right left tends to silence these types of stories for some odd reason. 

Then you have literal healthcare professionals just trying to make a quick buck and transition these kids and lie about there being any consequences, and them lying about it being completely reversable, when it clearly is not.  

Then you have legitimate data that says gender reassignment surgery is not reversable. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Just came across this story to show men gaming the law by using this tactic.

So apparently, the legal definition of a "woman" isn't set in stone in some countries.