Total: 78
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
You think black office workers are feeling the strength of their domination?
The ones from 2 parent homes sure as hell are.
What does that even mean?
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I must have been stoned and missed out on that white privilege  when they were handing it out. I have had to work for everything, I'm 58 and still have to dig muck out of ditches ever so often. Did it today as a matter of fact and I am like way up on the seniority scale. 
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
If you did then you would talk about it instead of spending your entire post throwing childish insults and pumping your chest. 
Typical denialist intellectual coward response. 
I would respond if you gave me something to respond to. Not one sentence in your entire post was about the substance of any issue raised in this thread. Now you claim I’m being evasive without any mention of what I evaded, you claim I’m engaging in strawman arguments without one clarification of your position, and that I’m engaging in logical fallacies without one example.

You’re not a serious individual.

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!!!!

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8664/post-links/365014 (With cited sources backing up the facts disclosed, all of which you ignored)

I’ve addressed the topic with concrete substance. YOu’ve ignored all of it because they are facts that don’t fit your ignorant unsubstantiated subjective opinion(s).

You’ll cry foul and continue to obfuscate with whiny nonsensical tripes and drivels. It’s expected. You simply are incapable of having a legit debate on this subject. Clearly. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@cristo71
Agreed! However I would question her IQ. She (Oprah) has done and said a lot of ignorant things over the years.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
They’re not separate things.

If you live in a society that overall treats you lesser because of the color of your skin then you are disadvantaged because you will not get the same benefits and considerations as others.

You’re trying to limit what qualifies as privilege to a matter of legal rights but that is nothing more than a technical disqualification. In real life, living in a world where people see you a certain way and judge you differently is going to have a negative impact on your empirical well being.

So at the end of the day you can define it and qualify it however you want, but when the rest of us talk about white privilege we’re talking about everything, not just the corner that you carved out.

Then why was Obama President?
Why are most of the influencers in America today, black.
Why was the one of the biggest scandals in the USA, not caused by a white organization, but a black organization?
Why have black people been killing other black people, on a higher scale and larger rate than white people have been killing black people?
Why do the majority of advertisements have a black person in it?
Why has the music industry been taken over by black influencers?

I'll tell you why. 
It's because white privilege is a myth and doesn't exist. The only disadvantage that a lot of the black communities in America have today, is there culture:

Statistically:
The most single mothers are in the black community.
The most crime in America is caused by black-on-black crime.
The most amount of drug use, is used and sold in black communities.
Rather, than spending money on healthcare, and food, the black communities spend the majority of their money on jewelry, clothes, cars, etc. 
The most amount of poverty in America is black people.
The greatest number of men in prison, are black men. 

And this doesn't go for all black people. Just statistically, certain cultures in some black communities. 
This is not a jab at black people. It is just simply pointing out that this is not caused by white privilege, and there are also a lot of white people out there that are not privileged whatsoever.

I find this video on that exact topic to be rather amusing. 

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@sadolite
I must have been stoned and missed out on that white privilege  when they were handing it out. I have had to work for everything
I had to work for everything too, and I had a lot of success over the years, I rose to the top of my profession by working harder and smarter than the next guy, and everything I got I earned, my success was well deserved and I have nothing to be ashamed of...

...but I know damn well that working just as hard and smart, I would not have had nearly as much success if I was black, and that is shameful.

Realistically, everyone knows that, everyone...

...and anyone trying to deny the existence of that dynamic has an agenda and is a liar.  
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Well said. 

Double_R will just double down on his banal ignorance of the subject. Rest assured. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@TWS1405_2
I’ve addressed the topic with concrete substance.
Linking to all of your previous posts within our back and forths does nothing but demonstrate to anyone who actually clicks on them how unserious you are. Half of your posts contained nothing but links, others contained nothing of any substance at all. The only post you listed that was worth anything was post 32, but if you actually read my criticisms of you I wasn’t making the charge that you haven’t posted anything of substance anywhere. I was criticizing you for post 42 where you pretended you were responding to my last real attempt to talk to you about the subject but all you did was respond with stupid childish insults and condescension. It’s not my job at that point to go back and see what substantive points you have made somewhere else in this thread to respond to.

If you want to be taken seriously start making actual arguments, not just posting links, and stop pretending you’re DART’s gift to intellectuals. You’re not. I’m having a far more mature and intelligent conversation with a 16 year old and even GP is telling you you’re being ridiculous.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
I had to work for everything too, and I had a lot of success over the years, I rose to the top of my profession by working harder and smarter than the next guy, and everything I got I earned, my success was well deserved and I have nothing to be ashamed of...

...but I know damn well that working just as hard and smart, I would not have had nearly as much success if I was black, and that is shameful.

Realistically, everyone knows that, everyone...

...and anyone trying to deny the existence of that dynamic has an agenda and is a liar.  
That is a strait up lie.
And if you are going to feed into this stupid ideology that white privilege still exists then you are just plain wrong. 

And yes, there is a difference between white privilege and racism. 
It's literally in the name.

White privilege is white people with more privilege than others.... oh, wait that doesn't exist in America today.

And here is my whole problem with the black folks who say they are oppressed.
You have a lot of black people on Tik Tok......with their 1000-dollar phones.... with a roof over their heads........with access to schools and colleges......electricity, water, food, heating, air, etc. and they are saying that they are so called...oppressed? They are using the same system that is oppressing them, to say that they are oppressed. 

And why do they want to be oppressed. I have never heard of a group of people, who are trying to prove to others that they are oppressed and keep it that way. Because it's not like they are trying to end racism. They are just calling white people stupid and saying that they are better (not all black people granted, just the hypocritical ones). AND some white people are saying this too. So, they are just oppressing themselves at this point.

Examples of black people fighting against this thinking....and they are black, saying that they are not oppressed:

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Then why was Obama President?
I think you meant to ask, why out of the country’s 46 president have only one of them been black?

But if we’re actually being serious, the fact that one black man made it to the Oval Office is in no way an argument that white people are not advantaged within our society. Nor are all your cherry picked examples where black people are having some level of success. If I were to sit here and come up with similar examples where white people appear to be doing better than black people do you really think my list would be so short?

The only disadvantage that a lot of the black communities in America have today, is there culture:
And where do you think that culture came from?

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Double_R
Your psychological projection knows no bounds. 

Your criticism is unfounded and only obfuscates this thread. 

I’ve made substantiating arguments on point, you dismissed them all with the “talk to the 🤚 “ denialist retort. 

It’s to YOU who lacks any measure of seriousness in discussing this subject matter, not I. 

GP hasn’t said anything of the sort. Even some of his comments were patently incorrect on the topic as well. 

If anyone needs to “grow up,” it’s you. 

Oh, and I’m not the only one at DART who posts links to other comments made. You’ve done it to you hypocrite. When people ignore comments and then claim another hasn’t made any arguments, linking to said arguments to price them wrong is SOP. 

I’ll continue to prove you wrong on this subject, and you’ll continue to be in denial as consistently displayed by your intellectual cowardice. 

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

Realistically, everyone knows that, everyone...

That is a strait up lie.
LOL, maybe it’s not true in your trailer park, and maybe it doesn’t happen in your video games, but out here in the real world kiddie, it’s true and anyone with half a brain knows it.  (Of course, this does not apply to child brains that aren’t fully developed yet)

And if you are going to feed into this stupid ideology that white privilege still exists then you are just plain wrong. 
The redneck teenybopper is going to tell us the ways of the world, that is just adorable.

And yes, there is a difference between white privilege and racism. 
It's literally in the name.
Yes, but they are certainly related concepts, for instance, people who deny that white privilege exists are racists.

White privilege is white people with more privilege than others.... oh, wait that doesn't exist in America today.
I don’t care what they told you at your Klan meeting kiddie, there’s more to America than your trailer park and the 10th grade. 

And here is my whole problem with the black folks who say they are oppressed.
I understand, white trash needs to believe it’s them that are being oppressed, I mean how else can they explain working their way to the bottom rung of society.

You have a lot of black people on Tik Tok......with their 1000-dollar phones.... with a roof over their heads........with access to schools and colleges......electricity, water, food, heating, air, etc. and they are saying that they are so called...oppressed? They are using the same system that is oppressing them, to say that they are oppressed. 
Whoa, you mean to tell me they got food, water, AND a cell phone, and they are STILL being uppity?  Man, they are so ungrateful. 

And why do they want to be oppressed.
I don’t know, why do you want to be stupid?

I have never heard of a group of people, who are trying to prove to others that they are oppressed and keep it that way. Because it's not like they are trying to end racism.
Did they teach you that at your Klan meeting?  Do some research kiddie:

They are just calling white people stupid and saying that they are better (not all black people granted, just the hypocritical ones). AND some white people are saying this too. So, they are just oppressing themselves at this point.
Don’t worry kiddie, you have your whole life ahead of you and I’m sure white privilege will never affect your career, just remember to always ask, “You want fries with that?” and you’ll reach your full potential all on your own.

Examples of teenagers embracing this thinking...and some TV shows for you.

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
You know you pissed someone off, when they can't provide a counter argument. 

Thank you sir. I will accept and embrace my victory. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Stop noobsniping old people.

And get off their lawn for christ's sake!
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
Just had to hit on a couple of things, sorry I can't help myself:

for instance, people who deny that white privilege exists are racists.
I deny the idea that the government is run by alien lizards. Therefore, I am delusional, and everyone else who believes the government is alien lizards, are the sane ones........or maybe it's the other way around.

Again, you can just say," If you don't agree, then you're wrong. " Because that's not an argument. 
Telling me I'm wrong isn't going to beat me in an argument. 

Give me one instance where white people have a privilege over other races in America that helps them. 
Thing is, you can't because it doesn't exist. The definition of white privilege is literally in the name.

White
Privilege

Privilege given to white people. 

I understand, white trash needs to believe it’s them that are being oppressed, I mean how else can they explain working their way to the bottom rung of society.
White people don't think we are oppressed.
Sure, there are some laws that actually give black privilege over white people, but I don't feel oppressed. 
I don't want to be oppressed. I don't feel oppressed. There is nothing in the law that says I'm oppressed in any way shape or form. So therefore, I am not oppressed. 

Whoa, you mean to tell me they got food, water, AND a cell phone, and they are STILL being uppity?  Man, they are so ungrateful. 
Yep....they are. 

Don’t worry kiddie, you have your whole life ahead of you and I’m sure white privilege will never affect your career, just remember to always ask, “You want fries with that?” and you’ll reach your full potential all on your own.
Actually, being white does now affect me in my school. With new laws in place, me as a white man, can't get into a college as easily as a black person, or a woman. Yet, I am still man enough try and go through all of that, get a degree, start a family, raise children, work every day, and not be hurt like a little snowflake even though, women and black people got it easier than me.

And maybe you know the phrase "You want fries with that?" far too well, because that's probably where you worked half your life. So that phrase was the first thing that popped in your head. 

I would rather say:
Would you like a resume with that?
After I completely destroy anyone who denies me my right to be what I want to be. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
or instance, people who deny that white privilege exists are racists.
This is the kind of Orwellian doublethink people vomit regularly.

For many people, racism has become a satanic religion where to deny the Devil only proves his existence. To deny yourself a witch only proves that you are a witch.

Even in Japan, where it is over 99 percent non-white, whites are nowhere near as hated for their skin color as they are in America today.
If white privilege exists, America would be the last place on Earth to look for it today. It would be like searching for the Devil in the Vatican.

ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@Greyparrot
It would be like searching for the Devil in the Vatican.
I'm not sure this is the best comp, given both the opulence of the place itself and its insane amount of money (not what anyone in the bible preached about, accumulating wealth was anathema to the heroes of the tale), not to mention the nefarious history of the Catholic church and how many child molesters they've sheltered and promoted over the years. Kinda feel like if he existed, that'd probably be a good place to start, this giant golden palace that serves as a den of child molesters and their enablers!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ludofl3x
It's perfect. The Vatican has actual problems that shouldn't be purposely obscured with imaginary evils. Same as America.