Science Without Gobbledygook

Author: ebuc

Total: 46
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Sabine is theoretical physicist a professor in Sweden and a pragmatist. Here is interesting stuff on 5G and meteorological accuracy that I new nothing about.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
The interesting new babe.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@ebuc
Sabine is theoretical physicist a professor in Sweden and a pragmatist. Here is interesting stuff on 5G and meteorological accuracy that I new nothing about.

This was my business for forty years and I can tell you she is just being an alarmist, all of these concerns were addressed extensively long before the FCC even approved 5G technology for commercial use. The millimeter wave technology is not new, we’ve used it extensively for decades for licensed backhaul links and many other applications, it’s only new in the manner is which it is utilized in 5G, and I can assure you that the industry knows what it is doing with this bandwidth allocation.

I have personally sold hundreds of licensed backhaul links using millimeter wave technology, the majority of the FCCs focus has always been a matter of addressing the concerns she raises, all of which have been studied and addressed for decades.  Leakage is nothing new, the bandwidth leakage problems are ubiquitous and have been routinely facilitated in the management of frequencies for decades with multiple technological developments, affected adjacent utilizations are a relatively simple matter of adjusting formulas or approaches to accommodate bandwidth interference to ensure accuracy.  As 5G proliferates, the effects of leakage will be deterministically calculated and weather service technologies will be adjusted accordingly with little if any degradation in accuracy.

The telecommunications industry is massive and very sophisticated, most of the affected technologies are technologies we invented in the first place, for a hundred years telecom has been the engine that has developed and driven the science she is talking about .  The industry is almost two trillion dollars annually, we employ more physicists than any single group in the world, and they invented and manage the technologies she is only dabbling in, we know how to manage bandwidth and interference issues to ensure effective communication channels.   It was the telecom industry that brought the issue to the weather service in the first place,  the industry predicted the effects 5g will have on weather sensors long before implementation specifically so the effects to be eliminated and accuracy can be maintained.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Sidewalker
I can tell you she is just being an alarmist,

She presents both sides of the story from reputable sources, as best as I discern, from my short viewing of her vid.

I think she is pragmatist who is very consider of seemingly reputable sources in many of her vids. Shes is very smart and hangs out with lot of other smart people ex Roger Penrose. I dont know if she has shared stage with Leonard Susskind.

Over caustionary  may be considered alarmist. Considering reputable sources for information does not appear alarmist to me.

Also, I dont know the date of vid, so perhaps all of those frequency related weather concerns have bee addressed, as you state. I dunno
FLRW
FLRW

Is this about Science without Trump?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
@FLRW
@Sidewalker
She's alarmist.

And you're biased Mr Sidewalker.

So who to believe?

We've managed without communications technology for approximately 300,000 years.

Why all of a sudden can we not do without it?

OK, so it's material evolution in progress.

I get that.

And it seems that we don't have the desire to stop it.

After all, we are a part of the same process.

So what's the end result?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
Is this about Science without Trump?

All science is without Trumpet :--)
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ebuc
I can tell you she is just being an alarmist,

She presents both sides of the story from reputable sources, as best as I discern, from my short viewing of her vid.

I think she is pragmatist who is very consider of seemingly reputable sources in many of her vids. Shes is very smart and hangs out with lot of other smart people ex Roger Penrose. I dont know if she has shared stage with Leonard Susskind.

Over caustionary  may be considered alarmist. Considering reputable sources for information does not appear alarmist to me.

Also, I dont know the date of vid, so perhaps all of those frequency related weather concerns have bee addressed, as you state. I dunno
Yep, she's smart, she's using reputable sources, pragmatic and all that, you can even call it over cautionary, but it's "much ado about nothing".   There's just nothing new there, it's based on information produced by the telecom industry and it raises issues the industry addresses daily.

But hey, if you want to worry about telecom interfering with weather forecasts, go for it, whatever floats your boat.   

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4
She's alarmist.

And you're biased Mr Sidewalker.
I'm just biased in the direction of not worrying about non-issues.  Between the telecom industry and the FCC  there's a veritable army of PhDs  that are paid big bucks to worry about it for us.

So who to believe?
Probably doesn't matter either way, I understand that soon society is going to collapse because of changes in the dictionary definition of woman anyway. 

We've managed without communications technology for approximately 300,000 years.

Why all of a sudden can we not do without it?

OK, so it's material evolution in progress.

I get that.

And it seems that we don't have the desire to stop it.

After all, we are a part of the same process.

So what's the end result?
According to Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, the "Omega Point".
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Sidewalker
But hey, if you want to worry about telecom interfering with weather forecasts, go for it, whatever floats your boat. 

Again, I dont know how old the vid is.   I had just watched it, and it was all new to me, so I posted to Science and Nature. Thanks for your consideration Sidewalker.

5G has been with us a while now, and Ive not seen any or much front page news coverage of this issue. And then she goes into 6G.

Humans have effects on their ecological environment.  More humans, with less and less consideration of the ecology that sustains them. have greater, if not more detrimental effects, that, require fixes. 

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@ebuc

Again, I dont know how old the vid is.   I had just watched it, and it was all new to me, so I posted to Science and Nature. Thanks for your consideration Sidewalker.
No problem, in telecom, frequency allocation and interference  are a science all it's own, the video gives a good learning example of what's involved, just know that when there's a bazillion dollars at stake, they are going to figure out how to get past it. 

There are a lot of PhDs out there that are smart enough to develop a product that uses a certain frequency but don't know to check what that frequency's allocations are.  The bigger problem is large critical telecom networks going down because of some innane product interfering.  The biggest offender is the US military, they have their own frequencies and are supposed to leave the commercial frequencies alone, but they regularly wreak havok and just say it's none of our business what they are doing, just get over it.

I sold a huge network in the Florida panhandle that crashed for a full day, every month, on a Wednesday at precisely 2:00 PM, Eglin was crashing it and just telling us it's none of our business why, you really can't argue with guys who can just say "national security" to shut down the conversation.  

5G has been with us a while now, and Ive not seen any or much front page news coverage of this issue. And then she goes into 6G.

Humans have effects on their ecological environment.  More humans, with less and less consideration of the ecology that sustains them. have greater, if not more detrimental effects, that, require fixes. 

True that, and telecom is certainly not innocent in that respect, our brains are constantly bombarded by RF, that has a huge detrimental impact on our thought processes and general well being.  The next time there is a large power outage where you live, pay attention to how it makes you feel mentally, you'll notice a deep feeling of serentity, that is because the amount of RF bombarding your mind has dropped to practically nothing.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Sidewalker
The Omega Point.
Very apt.

How about the Zed point?

I'm just biased in the direction of not worrying about non-issues. Between the telecom industry and the FCC there's a veritable army of PhD's that are paid big bucks to worry about it for us.
Exactly my point.

So, if an army of PhD's is paid big bucks to worry about issues, then by definition they are not non-issues.

And of course, by paying big enough bucks, then PhD's are going to say what their paymasters are wanting to hear.

Which is why alternative opinions are essential, in a World corrupted by money.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Sidewalker
every month, on a Wednesday at precisely 2:00 PM, Eglin was crashing it and just telling us it's none of our business why,

I been past Eglin once years ago.  Familliar with the difficulty getting through to anyone of authority to make a differrence.

The next time there is a large power outage where you live, pay attention to how it makes you feel mentally, you'll notice a deep feeling of serentity,

I think that has less to do with EMR fields and more to do with less mechanical noise occuring in our immediate environment ---refrigerator motor, AC units, beeping this or beeping that-- ex less traffic.

Not discounting EMR effects, just there minimal compared to noise pollution.
ebuc
ebuc
Human extinction. End-date 2232 give or take 50 years, is my speculation, that, I originally had calculated the end-date to be by 2015 { give or take 50 years }.

Here is Hossenfelders thoughts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVgt5eFMh4

24 days later

ebuc
ebuc
Why hydrogen is not going to save humanity. Sabine Hossenfelder again

8 days later

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Sidewalker
I worked for a company that developers base station test equipment (chances are good that if you had anything to do with base stations - you’d know the company.)

We had antennas set up testing out some whacky 5g beamforming tech at something crazy like 30W on the main floor.  Huge open plan office - with the entire R&D department being irradiated without any issue.

If there were any health risks of 5g we’d all be dead right now.

Incidently -we were also on the glide path of a local airport, whilst I was working on avionics test systems for ILS - so added incentive to get the implementation correct.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Rent free

ebuc
ebuc
For what her science process arrives at,  ----uncertainty of end-date-for-humanity in vid below--- at 18:00, she does state that, the most likely thing to cause extinction of humanity is stupidity. ---do we know of any stupid humans on Earth?---  I agree with that. Issac Newton gave one prediction of 2060, and my new claim is 2065. 

How about humans with authoritative power who are stupid? Know any?  trumpet? Santos? Biden?  Bush? Kennedy? --yeah Kennedy may have been stupid enough to travel in Dallas in convertible---.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVgt5eFMh4

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Sidewalker and Ramshutu are left wing but talk identical about 5G how right-wingers speak of global warming issues xD
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Ramshutu
I worked for a company that developers base station test equipment (chances are good that if you had anything to do with base stations - you’d know the company.)
I'm sure I would

We had antennas set up testing out some whacky 5g beamforming tech at something crazy like 30W on the main floor.  Huge open plan office - with the entire R&D department being irradiated without any issue.

If there were any health risks of 5g we’d all be dead right now.
The big concern in this thread is that all of a sudden the Telecom and the FCC will forget how to do frequency allocation and bandwidth management.  

Incidently -we were also on the glide path of a local airport, whilst I was working on avionics test systems for ILS - so added incentive to get the implementation correct.
Yeah, they really frown on crashing airplanes,  be careful with that lol.    

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4
The Omega Point.
Very apt.

How about the Zed point?
Well, Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet, and Zed is the last letter of the English Alphabet, so yeah, it's also the Zed point.  

I'm just biased in the direction of not worrying about non-issues. Between the telecom industry and the FCC there's a veritable army of PhD's that are paid big bucks to worry about it for us.
Exactly my point.

So, if an army of PhD's is paid big bucks to worry about issues, then by definition they are not non-issues.
The army of PhDs are paid to worry about bandwidth allocation and interference resolution, and therefore the OP concern about 5G and weather forecasting systems coexisting is a non-issue.

And of course, by paying big enough bucks, then PhD's are going to say what their paymasters are wanting to hear.
No, not in this instance, these are practical people being paid to make networks run, the paymasters don't want to hear anything, they just want to see that the network are working.  

Which is why alternative opinions are essential, in a World corrupted by money.
The telecom industry is motivated by money, and the solution to the dramatic concerns of the OP isn't even very costly.  They can probably tune around the interference issue with existing equipment, and if not, they may have to swap out some radios to address the interference, not really that big a deal, it happens all the time.  

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Sidewalker
True.

Money is the motivator.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@zedvictor4

14 days later

ebuc
ebuc
Go to 3:40 to see how Webb telescope finds large galaxies in early Universe --verified by Hubb telescope---, that, should not exist in Dark Matter standard cosmology.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

It’s possible some of the objects could be obscured supermassive black holes, and that what appears to be starlight in the images could actually be gas and dust getting pulled in by their gravity.
“The formation and growth of black holes at these early times is really not well understood,” Emma Curtis-Lake, an astronomer at the University of Hertfordshire in England who was not part of the study, explains to Science News. “There’s not a tension with cosmology there, just new physics to be understood of how they can form and grow, and we just never had the data before.”
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
The Webb telescope only finds old light relative to an older Universe.

It doesn't find old galaxies per se.

Galaxies are as old as they are.

Probably a similar age to our own.

Though I understand the significance of the old light to the New Scientist.

Maybe something/s in a distant galaxy are currently thinking the same as you and I.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
It’s possible some of the objects could be obscured supermassive black holes, and that what appears to be starlight in the images could actually be gas and dust getting pulled in by their gravity.
Sure, anything that does not violate inviolate cosmic laws/principles is possible. Maybe in our life time we will know more.  James Webb is amazing telescope.
Ive not been following much info on it till I saw this info.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Maybe something/s in a distant galaxy are currently thinking the same as you and I.
If they are, then they most likely have EMRadiation signals sent out there, like we have done. To date, all of our efforts have found no evidence from other intelligent life in Universe, so it begs the question, ' where are those beings like us? '.

If there a malevolent/maliscious species, they may have recieved our signals and on their way to take our salty water oceans, or kill us and live on Earth.

Anything is possiible that does not violate inviolate cosmic laws or principles

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
All possibly true.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
All
"All" is a finite Meta-space set inviolate physical laws and cosmic principles, that, complements all occupied space set of phenomena.

" All " is a finite Meta-space set that includes, two primary kinds of space one of which is macro-micro infinite.

"All" is a finite Meta-space set that includes, absolute truth, relative truth and false narrative fantasy/imaginary.

"All" infers a finite integral whole, that, in 2D  is a minimal enclosure of the triangular  /\  area i.e. 3 nodal events, 3 angles and 3 lines-of-relationship that divides and outside macro infinite 2D area from the finite inside 2D area
......in 3D "All" is the minimal tetrahedral \Y/ volumetric set of 4 vertexial events, 12 surface angles, 6 lines-of-relationship......

"All" infers Universe/Cosmos/God/The Whole Sha-bang/The Great Spirit/The Great Mama etc

"All" infers a Meta-space concept of a pregnant Great Mama i.e. 12-around-1 { 13th } aka  nuclear/nucleus awaiting next changing-of-time/motion/frequency  aka, one in the oven/womb of closest-packed equal-radius set of 12 spheres around nuclear sphere.

XYZ { cartesian 3D } has three spin planes left or right pitch, yaw and roll ergo total 6

3p...6...9...12 = primary set of four { minimal Meta-space concept of volume { XYZ tetra }  has the above 4 vertexial event phenomena and 12 surface angles

4 * 3p = 12 contains triangulated /\ structure and systemic flexability of square [  ] i.e. fourness and three-ness co-exist as the integral 12 wholeness of nucleated/pregnant Great Mama { Vector Equlibrium { chords 24 >< 24 radii } balance between pulsations of a Universe that abhors not only a vacuum Universe also abhors equilibrium ergo,  must expel the nucleus { born out } or have the nucleus channel { moderate } an invaginating flow through the center to the other to another surface area

2p * 6 = 12 around 13th ergo,   2p-3p....5p..7p....11p..13p = 6 prime numbers in 12-around-1 aka  Vector Equlibrium operating system of 13 equal radius spheres.

2p-3p.5p.7p...11p.13p...17p.19p.......29p.31p.....37p totals as 12 prime numbers and that falls between 36 lines-of-relationship { via number 9 } and 45 lines-of-relationship via number 10 i.e. 10^2, minus 10, divided by 2 = 45 lines-of-relationship

24 prime numbers in 14 nodal events { my proposed quantum space-time graviton } and that is 91 lines-of-relationship { 14^2, minus 14, divided by 2 }

24 has nine prime numbers 2p-3p.5p.7p...11p.13p...17p.19p...23p and we recall from above, that,
....3p...6...9...12 = primary set of four........and VE is defined by its four hexa[6}gonal planes LINK See B

VE = the "All" mighty?