Author: whiteflame

Archived
Read-only
Total: 178
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Greetings DebateArt.

The sites first ever election is officially underway. Before we get started, here are a few quick rules before you vote

• You may only have 1 vote per person. This means that if you are voting under 2 accounts and are caught doing so, only 1 of the votes you cast will count
  • Please state who you are voting for by bolding who your vote is for, especially if you plan to write out your reasoning as to why you are voting said user
  • Election tampering (which is defined as recruiting people outside the site to vote for a certain candidate) is illegal and WILL result in the votes used by manipulation to be disqualified 
  • Please try to maintain civility in this thread. This is the voting stage, not the argumentative/campaigning stage. While I understand people have strong thoughts about the candidates, people would much rather look at people's reasons for voting a candidate than someone whining for 2 pages
  • YOU CAN NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE YOU PLACE IT!!!!! Like in a real election, you can not take back your vote that you already submitted
==============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Below are the following people that you are able to vote for in the election

The voting phase will last from January 16th, 11PM EST to January 18th, 11PM EST. All votes after that time DO NOT count!

As stated before, this election will be a majority vote due to the lack of candidates.
If there is a tie for the winner, the top candidates will go into a 24 hour run off period, where another majority vote will be held with the two candidates.

Finally, I wish the best of luck to both candidates. Both of you are capable and deserving to be president, regardless of how many votes you receive, and your contributions to the site will continue to be appreciated regardless of whether you win this role.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

the only candidate with a coherent platform.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
I vote for Wylted. 

I don't know if we are supposed to come up with a reason for it, but I am too tired to right now, so if I do need to, just let me know. 
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
I vote for DART Sidious AKA Wylted.

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
RationalMadman

By process of elimination.
JohnnyBlaze
Debates: 0
JohnnyBlaze
Wylted.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
RationalMadman

I have too many giftcards, and Wylted's policies would either fail outright or kill the site.
Phenenas
Debates: 18
Phenenas
I vote for Wylted.

He has the endorsement of a major political candidate.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Rational Madman.
Mps1213
Debates: 11
Mps1213
Wylted

Rational madman doesn’t deserve to be the president of this site after witnessing him childish and just generally sad behavior during our debate. No one who calls for debaters to be banned or reports every vote that goes against him deserves to be the president of a website dedicated to civil and thoughtful debate. Wylted doesn’t have a history of doing that as far as I’ve seen, Rational mad man has done it recently. He doesn’t deserve this presidency even a little bit. I’m sure he will report this comment. 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
vote RM since I ruined it for him last time lol sorry bud
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@whiteflame
RationalMadman

RM seems to be taking it seriously, the alternative is a troll.
JimmyBlaze
JimmyBlaze
RationalMadman.
Mikal
Mikal
Vote RM

whiteflame
whiteflame
LIVE Election Results

RationalMadman: 7 (RationalMadman, AustinL0926, K_Michael, zedvictor4, Lunatic, Sidewalker, Mikal)
WyIted: 4 (YouFound_Lxam, Sir.Lancelot, Phenenas, Mps1213)

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
RATIONALMADMAN.

The choice is obvious, at least for me. One of them was banned for geniune emotion because he cares about stuff, while the other gets banned for not being honest(In fact, I got one's Wylted's alts banned by reporting), multiple times.

What it appears is that RM is almost entirely and always honest, and if they are not, it will be explained why he was not honest and why such action is beneficial in that situation. On the other hand, Wylted cannot be guaranteed to stay honest, given what he has already done in the year or two in the past. Even if I do trust Wylted's plead for being a good little man on the site, I cannot subconsciously trust 100% that he won't go rogue and do other stuff.

Being the president of a site requires said president candidate to be honest, RM is much more honest as how I see it in my 2.5yr experience on the site.

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
WyIted
FLRW
FLRW

I vote for RationalMadman
whiteflame
whiteflame
LIVE Election Results

RationalMadman: 9 (RationalMadman, AustinL0926, K_Michael, zedvictor4, Lunatic, Sidewalker, Mikal, Intelligence_06, FLRW)
WyIted: 5 (YouFound_Lxam, Sir.Lancelot, Phenenas, Mps1213, Best.Korea)

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I am going to vote for RationalMadman

After listening to what he believes and how he changed his mindset about moderation, it seems we see eye to eye about a laid back style of moderation. RM is also deserving of the title considering the failure of the Airmax presidency.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I vote for Wylted

RM is only running for his big fat ego. If anyone thinks he has the temperament to be the President after his atrocious behavior throughout the years, you are mistaken. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
Johnny Blaze voted Wylted
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
  • YOU CAN NOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE YOU PLACE IT!!!!! Like in a real election, you can not take back your vote that you already submitted
This is also fake news fyi. In some states you can cancel your absentee ballot and change your vote
whiteflame
whiteflame
LIVE Election Results

RationalMadman: 10 (RationalMadman, AustinL0926, K_Michael, zedvictor4, Lunatic, Sidewalker, Mikal, Intelligence_06, FLRW, SupaDudz)
WyIted: 6 (YouFound_Lxam, Sir.Lancelot, Phenenas, Mps1213, Best.Korea, ILikePie5)
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
Both Johnny Blaze and Jimmy Blaze were accounts created on the day of the election with no other activity. Their votes do not count, and they'd cancel each other out anyway. As for voting, that's the standard we have for this website and it will stand, but thanks for the fact check. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I guess I will be here the next few days to see this through and then take a small break once I win.

Vote WYLTED
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
“You may only have 1 vote per person. This means that if you are voting under 2 accounts and are caught doing so, only 1 of the votes you cast will count.”

Jimmy Blaze should count for Wylted unless you have undeniable proof that the account was only created to vote, in which case you should present it to the public. Also, it doesn’t make sense why they would vote for 2 separate people instead of vote bombing?
whiteflame
whiteflame
LIVE Election Results

RationalMadman: 10 (RationalMadman, AustinL0926, K_Michael, zedvictor4, Lunatic, Sidewalker, Mikal, Intelligence_06, FLRW, SupaDudz)
WyIted: 6 (YouFound_Lxam, Sir.Lancelot, Phenenas, Mps1213, Best.Korea, ILikePie5, WyIted)

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
The information we have is administrative in nature and, no, we don't make that info publicly available. You'll just have to take my word for it.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@whiteflame
The information we have is administrative in nature and, no, we don't make that info publicly available. You'll just have to take my word for it.
That makes no sense. If the accounts were created to vote for a candidate, why would they vote for 2 separate people lol. Explain the logic please. Otherwise the vote should legally count, as you have no evidence to suspect vote manipulation