White Supremacy does not exist in America today.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 286
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes, people make fun of how other dress, and look, but that doesn't line up with any statistics.
You think that rich urban whites don't preferentially hire other rich urban whites over rednecks and blacks?
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Some of us have good genetics and take care of ourselves you know.
Well duh, astronauts have to take care of themselves, everybody knows that.

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@K_Michael
You think that rich urban whites don't preferentially hire other rich urban whites over rednecks and blacks?
No, I think it depends on how the person presents themselves, and their academic level. Not by race. Now education is a problem in black and redneck communities, because again:
No father figures. That means no fathers, teaching their sons lessons and actually parenting. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No, I think it depends on how the person presents themselves, and their academic level.
Far too many people are biased against blacks because of stereotypes, and never given them a chance to present themselves at all.
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Sidewalker
Well duh, astronauts have to take care of themselves, everybody knows that.
Change their own diapers and everything.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@K_Michael
Far too many people are biased against blacks because of stereotypes, and never given them a chance to present themselves at all.
Do you have any proof of this?

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Since when is it a stereotype rednecks don't have their fathers around? Who do you think rednecks learn to be racist dumbasses?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Since when is it a stereotype rednecks don't have their fathers around? What do you think rednecks learn to be racist dumbasses?
If you listened to what I said, I said no father figure, or not a good father figure. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@K_Michael
Well, they obviously weren't denied the job. And also, there were more black and Hispanic employees, than white ones according to this study. 
I would ask what kind of discrimination was taking place. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
This isn't my area of expertise, so I don't have a lot of sources I can pull up at a moment's notice. I also live in a state that's less than 1% black which makes it difficult to give more personal examples. The general rule though is that psychologically people are more comfortable with people similar to them than not, which is why finding out someone likes the same sports team as you is a great way to start a friendly conversation. Groups tend to be more exclusive than not, so by default the state of white majority in businesses has perpetuated itself since the civil rights movement, which really wasn't all that long ago.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@K_Michael
This isn't my area of expertise, so I don't have a lot of sources I can pull up at a moment's notice. I also live in a state that's less than 1% black which makes it difficult to give more personal examples. The general rule though is that psychologically people are more comfortable with people similar to them than not, which is why finding out someone likes the same sports team as you is a great way to start a friendly conversation. Groups tend to be more exclusive than not, so by default the state of white majority in businesses has perpetuated itself since the civil rights movement, which really wasn't all that long ago.
It wasn't that long ago, yes, but let's not forget that in America, most of this generation of young adults have grown up in a free society that is inclusive to all cultures. So physiologically, growing up in that type of environment leads to less racism and less white supremacy.  
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
That's not what physiologically means.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@K_Michael
That's not what physiologically means.
Auto correct changed it.

Psychologically is what I meant.  
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
There's definitely less racism than there used to be, the last KKK lynching was in 1981 compared to approximately 76 a year on average between 1865 and 1950 (6500 total in that time period), but that doesn't mean it's gone or not a problem.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I thought this topic was made by TWS1405.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Interestingly most FBI data shows that most white supremacists are created in jails as a survival response to the racist minorities incarcerated with them.
White supremacy today is actually much more closely associated with race-neutral criminal activity because of the origins of modern racism than any real ideology.

If you ask a guy if he spent more than a year in jail and he says no, odds are he won't be a white supremacist.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@K_Michael
How would you solve the problem of racial violence in jails coming from every race?

Jails recruit more supremacists of every race than any other American institution, a racist factory churning out hate by the thousands.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Greyparrot
That seems true and no wonder. Whites are often a minority in prison and easy to victimize if they don't make themselves a part of the peckerwood gang and other white prison gangs
Best.Korea
Debates: 266
Best.Korea
Far too many people are biased against blacks
Is a correct claim. People have biases against everything, it is in their nature. This is not related to just bias against black people, but to all groups and even individual to individual.

You could make the same claim about anyone and anything, and chances are that you would be right.

USA has lots of police shootings compared to other countries. I dont think its due to white supremacy. A lot of white people get killed by police too. Its obviously not due to racism.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
LOL
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@K_Michael
You could likely cite similar statistics against rednecks vs city people, there is both a culture of low wealth mobility, but they are also discriminated against by how they dress and speak. There is both a culture in the black/redneck community to avoid higher education and a culture in rich urban whites to discriminate against those same groups.
You could not cite similar statistics for white rednecks. Raj Chetty did an amazing longitudinal study on outcomes of adults based on their childhood circumstances using data from the US census bureau. You have to go all the way down to a household income of $36,000 before a white man is as likely to be incarcerated as a black man who was raised in the top 1% of income. They haven’t studied it that I’ve seen but I would put serious money on a bet that there literally doesn’t exist an income level where an Asian man is more likely to commit a crime than a Black man raised in…the top 1% 

The NYT frames this as evidence of systemic racism but to me it’s incredibly strong, all but overwhelming evidence of the exact opposite. There really is a unique cultural pathology going on here. If people from your group raised in the top 1% with every advantage in the world are still committing more crimes than poor people from my group I can’t help you. You’re going to have to figure this one out on your own, and you’re going to have to stop blaming me if you want to get anywhere 

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
The places the above article cites as areas where white boys and black boys have equal outcomes as men are places where there was an early and large population of African immigrants. If racism in the US is so powerful that it pulls even the children of the top 1% down it’s odd that black immigrants who are much more foreign, have accents, dress differently, often have limited English proficiency or are Muslim are exempt from it 

This whole narrative is a lie. There’s a cultural problem here. If you want to blame long dead white people for it I guess you can, there’s probably at least some truth to that. But not only does that fail to fix the problem it seems to actively make things worse. Black homicide deaths rose and remained elevated after Ferguson in 2014 and they exploded and haven’t come down yet post George Floyd protests. Interestingly black motor vehicle deaths increased significantly as well. There are probably thousands of excess black bodies six feet under thanks to Wokism

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3

I am surprised to note their official gang membership is listed at such a low number considering the amount of white men in prison.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
 But not only does that fail to fix the problem it seems to actively make things worse.
This article is interesting as it explains the current policies being implemented to have similar outcomes as exist today in prison, where nobody is allowed to choose their identity. It will be chosen for them through arbitrary means.

IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Not really, unless you have a weird definition. If a black person suddenly turned white tomorrow, if he resisted police they would still have to use force to get compliance. If a the guy was caught drug dealing, he would have to be arrested and if he was uneducated he would struggle to get a high paying job.
white privilege is not about being free from force applied by police after resisting -  its about never being put in that situation to begin with, it’s about knowing you can have your day in court (because white people can afford to hire a lawyer) if you’re a victim of police brutality, and it’s about not having to fear police due to racism and prejudice.

A white guy would not be pulled over for being white in a white neighborhood or a black neighborhood. But black people do get pulled over for “driving while black” in a white neighborhood. To police, DWB is inherently suspicious. So they might use an excuse- a car freshener hanging from the rear view mirror or an unlit license plate to pull over the driver. Things go down from there in part because of the fear blacks have of police. They fear police because of a long history of injustice for blacks in this country.

The privilege is the presumption of innocence most white people get (unless they are covered in tattoos or are obviously homeless or some other such characteristics) Black people don’t enjoy this privilege.

I know from our past conversations that you are poor and had a chaotic upbringing as a child. You lacked resources, education and support early in life. This is how most black people find themselves but on top of that they have to deal with racism, prejudice, and a presumption of guilt by the people who hold the levers of power and influence. You likely did not have to deal with that so even you enjoyed some white privilege, even if it didn’t include an inheritance or the ability to hire an experienced lawyer.

One time my brother was arrested while walking down the street for a long-standing bench warrant issued for not showing in court for unpaid traffic violations. He got these when his financial situation was bad. But he had since married a wealthy woman who had money. They hired a lawyer who had just played golf with the judge overseeing his case. Needless to say my brother did not stay in jail very long and the case was dismissed. My brother didn’t resist the arrest but he had the luxury ( or privilege) of knowing that he was going to be released in short order. A poor black person could and likely would languish in jail for weeks if not months. That’s what causes their panic.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
because white people can afford to hire a lawyer

Thank you president Biden for letting me know that with hard work and dedication, I can finally become white kid.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
No father figures. That means no fathers, teaching their sons lessons and actually parenting. 
I wonder if you have a father and if he’s not a total idiot to raise a religious, gun nut bigot like yourself 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It wasn't that long ago, yes, but let's not forget that in America, most of this generation of young adults have grown up in a free society that is inclusive to all cultures.
What can you tell me about the Tulsa race Massacre of 1921?
What happened to a guy named Rodney King?
Was Obama born in Hawaii? Why do so many Americans think he was born in Somalia?
Why were people carrying Confederate flags in the US Capitol on January 6?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
What happened to a guy named Rodney King?
He became the first professional African victim, was paraded around by race grifters, and eventually died from depression and drug overdose in opulent wealth.