Author: K_Michael

Total: 17
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
I do see many potential uses for this type of technology. For example, artificial arms doing the work for us while we control them. Some jobs still require lots of manual labor.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Though sort off one step closer to human redundancy.

Which in one way could still be regarded as exciting.

I would expect that some time in the not too distant future, only elite humans will be necessary.

Let's face it, most of us are already unnecessary.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
I would expect that some time in the not too distant future, only elite humans will be necessary.

Yep. New gods to lord it over the few sheep that are allowed to live. They will have domain over the new world they will "build back better" after demolishing the old to create a "new normal" and then they will have the "great reset" of time to the year zero that they intended once humans became surplus to requirements and had outlived our real productive purpose and the reason we were "created" in the first place.

for the LORD God saw " there was not a man to till the ground." Genesis 2:5 KJV .

Well I don't suppose god any intention of doing his own digging or mining, Vic.

Let's face it, most of us are already unnecessary.

True.

Most of the human race will have served our purpose and A.I. is the future.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Stephen
Most of the human race will have served our purpose and A.I. is the future.
What is that purpose of humans?

AI alone can only mimic humans, never exist as a human with its much more complex technology.

Complex humans can use AI to add on appendages to make them more Spiderman-like etc.  The human abilities in some respects becomes more complex via AI add ons. Whats it called, when we get AI assist in helping more rapidly accumulating vast amount of info ergo, giving them a seemingly great intellectual ability?

Ex person who knows addition and substraction but no other math. So with AI, their brains accumulate immense amount of data, that is stored in the brain --or brain chips they can access--  and they know all literature of mathematics of all mathematicians who have ever lived.

Its called an advanced human via algorythmic add-on apps. A human-nic as in a  human who now has ability to mimic other humans via algorithmic access to large data-base of facts and figures.

The basics is still and always, the complex human, not the AI

1} Human = most complex

2] AI = a less complex add-on

3} resultant humanoid complex, not a replacement of the more complex human.

The humanoid could have all of the learning of world, yet, still have its biologic/soul of feelings o choose those mysteries and imaginations that it desires.

Complex to simple >>>> evolution of the genetic hardware and whole systems.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
@ebuc
Alternative Intelligence mimicking humans is another evolutionary step.

Alternative Intelligence taking control of material evolution does not seem illogical to me.

Assuming that humans are unsurpassable in terms of intelligence and material manipulation, is perhaps just current species bias.

A human AI chimera is after all, a human reliant upon AI. Just as much as AI reliant upon humans.

I would suggest that the species is already committed to, and the slaves of, rapidly developing technology.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Alternative Intelligence mimicking humans is another evolutionary step.
Zed, it is not biologic/soul evolution, just so were clear here above.

Alternative Intelligence taking control of material evolution does not seem illogical to me.
Auto control began with 4-cylinder engines having a governor so they did run out of control and overheat.
Jet planes have advanced auto-control.
If on the other hand, your attempting suggest a 'terminator rise of the machines' scenario, then, that can only happen via humans guidance to do so.

Electronic malfunction is also not crazy biologi/soul with desire to take over world. AI will not have desire without some human guidance to mimic desire.

Assuming that humans are unsurpassable in terms of intelligence and material manipulation, is perhaps just current species bias.
AI aquires and processes data at greater than humans, it does comprehend any greater wholistic scenarios derived from the data.

Ex were in our world wide vacation via many modes of transporation and and AI does all the planning and execution of the -world-wide trip. Then AL gets data that your dad in one country has been in car accident, and you mother in another country has had medical relapse, and sister nearby is being hunted by crazed stalker, and you have just won a 3 day time limited lottery ticket worth several million etc.

The point is, not all possible scenarios can be fed into to AI to allow it to make the decissions for you.

A human AI chimera is after all, a human reliant upon AI. Just as much as AI reliant upon humans.
Human augmentation --humaoid or humanic---  is still biologic/soul.

I would suggest that the species is already committed to, and the slaves of, rapidly developing technology.
To some degree, that is true and to some degree not. And that can be said of many things in our society over 1000's of years. There is limited availability to resources, time, etc.

Uncertainty need not necessitate chaos. Chaos of mind is only the inability of mind to find an order. This can also be seen as a pattern, and once we can identify the pattern, we subsequently may conceive of a plan of action.

Uncertainty >>> pattern >>> plan >>> action

I recall when early computers would get caught in uncertainty loop, and  a common way out of this loop, was to reboot the whole damn system.  For humans this means a good night sleep.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Evolution is evolution ebuc.

The development of matter from a start to a finish perhaps.

Though for some, evolution is only synonymous with Mr Darwin.

But the biological is only a recent short bit. 

And soul is or isn't an imaginary concept, depending upon how one chooses to define soul.

And AI does what it does, relative to this stage of it's development. Just as we once relied upon stone tools.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Evolution is evolution ebuc.
Zed, there are generalizations and there are specifics/particulars. Perhaps I wasnt clear enough to you last time around

Biologic/soul genetic evolution is not the same as human augmentatiion via electronic this or that

The development of matter from a start to a finish perhaps.
1}We were focused only human >< AI and now,

2} youve gone off on a very remote/distant tangent of matter, which is not biologic/life,

3} and we have no direct evidence of biologic/life being created from where before there was none,

4} ergo, you playing a mexican jumping bean game to avoid the logic, common sense critical thinking I presented in last post.

Though for some, evolution is only synonymous with Mr Darwin.
The word evolution can be applied to many differrent specifics. Were on human >< AI track, and jumped off

But the biological is only a recent short bit. 
Human augmenatation via AI, is not specific to biologic/soul evolution processes. Are you jumping bean actions do not make it so. Mind game by you to save face/eg.

And soul is or isn't an imaginary concept, depending upon how one chooses to define soul.
IVe been very clear over the years, biologic = soul ergo they are synonyms in my book { biologic/soul } and the focus was on evolution of biologic/soul.  Human augmentation iva AI is not genetic evolution.  Your attempts to jump on to generalized ' evolution ' tactic is just to save face/ego.

And AI does what it does, relative to this stage of it's development. Just as we once relied upon stone tools.
Ok Zed, this is where you get sloppy quite often. When you turn-into forrest gump.

Human augmneation via AI is not genetic evolution.  Stone tools are not genetic evolution.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
AI and stone tools are not genetic, which is either good or bad depending on whether you think humanity can safely adapt to these new changes as quickly as we come up with them. Humans are capable of making very low fitness inventions, such as nuclear weapons, which reduce the probability of humans surviving compared to a world with no nuclear weapons. Darwinian selection necessarily means that every genetic change must confer an immediate reproductive fitness advantage to become more prevalent in future generations. This has gotten humans and other animals remarkably far, considering how short-sighted it ultimately is. This process cannot plan ahead for sudden changes. Evolution does not start promoting a cold adaptive gene in preparation for a coming ice age, it only incrementally updates towards a cold tolerant phenotype as temperatures drop over thousands of years. Humans, especially with CRISPR editing and other bio-augmentation, have a unique opportunity to take the helm and chart our own course in the future, but it's a little scary because natural selection has a 3.7 billion year track record of not screwing up so badly that all life is wiped out, and a ~200,000 year track record of keeping Homo sapiens alive. Humans, on the other hand have understood the process of heredity and natural selection for less than 200 years, and the physical structure of DNA for only 70. That's not to say that we shouldn't experiment, as evolution also has a track record of mercilessly wiping out entire populations when they fail to adapt quickly enough, so the sooner we get out from under that thumb, the better.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@K_Michael
@ebuc
I was never talking about genetic evolution per se. Perhaps you were.

I always refer to universal progress in terms of material evolution, and human augmentation via AI would be very much a part of that process.

Just as stone tools were, and data technology is.

A lot of stuff happened in the pre-human Universal past, and a lot of stuff will happen in the Universal future.

Whether or not, or how much of the Universal future will be post-human remains to be seen. Or not as the case may be.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4

ZEd...Alternative Intelligence mimicking humans is another evolutionary step.

My bad then, as I thought were infering/referening such in first post #6.   Sorry

I stated clearly when and where I was speaking to genetic evolution.  You were not so clear.

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
Well tractor beams are a thing now. The future is now. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
A Zedku for Reece101.

Well.

The future is never quite now.

Now is inevitably always now,

And the future is always,

In a moment,

In an hour,