Black people, you do not own this! - LANGUAGE

Author: TWS1405_2

Total: 81
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
https://youtu.be/eg0i7iw7Ykk - Unapologetic with Amala

First called Ebonics, now AAVE (African American Vernacular English), is actually rooted in poor white southern language that blacks co-opted and called their own (in other words, cultural appropriation).

More nonsensical leftist garbage. 

Discuss. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
Obviously it is from hillbilly culture, but I think it's fair to call it theirs. I am 20% hillbilly though which makes me the blackest person on this website.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@TWS1405_2
This is the definition of trying to take away free speech. 
I would ask them:
Why?
And continue to ask them why. At some point their answer will be "Well......just cause.......white people are mean." 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TWS1405_2
People acquire data and transfer it.

And people also display a variety of skin tones.

And so stuff happens.

Get over it Lighty.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
This is the definition of trying to take away free speech.
Nothing about the concept of free speech includes being free from your neighbor telling you you’re an ass for the things you said.

Using the term “Free speech” in any context that doesn’t involve the government is meaningless and ultimately disingenuous.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
Nothing about the concept of free speech includes being free from your neighbor telling you you’re an ass for the things you said.
I said trying. Not is. The left will not rest until they get there way. Which I assume means they want the government to make this type of language a racial slur or something like that.

RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@TWS1405_2
I totally agree. Short of the N-word the fact you can be cancelled for enjoying speaking and even dressing a certain way is where cancel culture is actually being purely racist against white people.

If black people dress, walk and talk like white people, nobody says it is racist.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@TWS1405_2
So is English itself when you wanna dig deep. There are reasons you should be not bothered with it but you are, oh well.

Best.Korea
Debates: 265
Best.Korea
I am in support of free speech.

In theory, everyone is able to make up their own language and definitions.

But also, you cannot force others to use your version of English.

Also, you cannot forbid them from using the words they like.

Otherwise, free speech doesnt exist.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I said trying. Not is. The left will not rest until they get there way. Which I assume means they want the government to make this type of language a racial slur or something like that.
So you’re fighting the good fight against an imaginary boogeyman to stop them from some unknown plot to cause some unknown damage. Ok.

You still didn’t address the central point. This issue, even taken to its most extreme logical end (which you have already done) has nothing to do with free speech.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
So you’re fighting the good fight against an imaginary boogeyman to stop them from some unknown plot to cause some unknown damage. Ok.
Not imaginary. And it's common sense that if you see a problem, then you try to fix it before that problem gets worse. 

You still didn’t address the central point. This issue, even taken to its most extreme logical end (which you have already done) has nothing to do with free speech.
It does have to do with free speech. 
Words that people aren't allowed to say, is taking away free speech.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@TWS1405_2
You like Prager U?

I didn't expect that. But I guess it makes sense.

I'm personally on the fence about them.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Public-Choice
I don’t follow Pragu U, but I do like that gal, among other truth sayers..even if they happen to work for or do a lot of videos for PU. I am more about the individual than PU, specifically. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Intelligence_06
So is English itself when you wanna dig deep. There are reasons you should be not bothered with it but you are, oh well.
I’m not “bothered” by it, not am I surprised by it. 
It’s just another aspect of leftist garbage trying to control something and telling white people they are not allowed to have it bullshit. 
I thought it would be an interesting subject to discuss here. I am not “bothered” by it. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@RationalMadman
If black people dress, walk and talk like white people, nobody says it is racist.
True, but they are accused of “acting white” though, and ostracized by others in the black community for it.  

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
 Words that people aren't allowed to say, is taking away free speech.
The only entity that has the power to determine what you are “allowed” to say is the government, so if your allegation does not include the government it has nothing to do with free speech.

This isn’t debatable, it’s what free speech means. It’s in the constitution, look it up.

What you’re talking about is public pressure. Public pressure comes from other people whom you share this society with, and who have no more legal authority than you do to tell you their opinions. What you seem to be advocating for is not the right to say whatever you want, it’s the right to say whatever you want without any consequence. That’s absurd.

If we all have freedom of speech then that necessarily includes the right to criticize people who say stupid or insensitive things. We also have the right to speak out against the platforms that amplify such voices, and those platforms have their free speech rights to ban said voices from their platforms as to not alienate the rest of society. That’s what a free market is. That’s what free speech is. If you don’t like it then tough luck, says the rest of us who are exercising our free speech rights to say whatever we want.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Double_R
The only entity that has the power to determine what you are “allowed” to say is the government
Or people who lynch others in the name of stopping a race...

There was a long period in the American South's history where it was literally a social crime for black people to act intelligent and speak "white."

Black people would be lynched for this. And it had nothing to do with the government. It was white supremacists in the south who hated the fact that black people are equal to them.

The only oppression in life isn't governmental. It can also be cultural and social.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Double_R
The only entity that has the power to determine what you are “allowed” to say is the government, so if your allegation does not include the government it has nothing to do with free speech.
Do I have to repeat myself. I said "trying" not "is" 

And the people govern the country. So the people do have an effect on what is done. 

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
One only has the right to "free-speech" on one's own property. And compelling others to listen to what one has to say is not an entitlement one can exercise.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
The left will not rest until they get there way. Which I assume means they want the government to make this type of language a racial slur or something like that.
LOL, I just love how you flamboyant drama queens just make shit up to be upset about.  

Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@RationalMadman
the fact you can be cancelled for enjoying speaking and even dressing a certain way is where cancel culture is actually being purely racist against white people.
Fact?  Do you guys really need to make shit up to be butthurt about?  Got an example of this so called "fact" you are so upset about?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@TWS1405_2
https://youtu.be/eg0i7iw7Ykk - Unapologetic with Amala

First called Ebonics, now AAVE (African American Vernacular English), is actually rooted in poor white southern language that blacks co-opted and called their own (in other words, cultural appropriation).

More nonsensical leftist garbage. 

Discuss. 
Oh yeah, like you rednecks don't have your own way of talking.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sidewalker
Yeah. You can lose your job for it and have your life ruined. Banned on any social media platform etc 

Why would I get someone to do this just to prove it to you lol, thats ridiculous. Nobody would ruin their life just to prove it to you, on demand for a specific cancellable thing.

If you do not know, try it out if you are white, get your life ruined.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Intelligence_06
He found out there's a video of some kids that don't think he should speak African American Vernacular English and he's butthurt about it LOL 

Wait till he finds out there's also some kids that don't think he should get corn rows,  he'll be devastated.   

I guess he'll need to just stick with speaking redneck and wearing the baseball cap with the confederate flag on it.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah. You can lose your job for it and have your life ruined. Banned on any social media platform etc 

Why would I get someone to do this just to prove it to you lol, thats ridiculous. Nobody would ruin their life just to prove it to you, on demand for a specific cancellable thing.

If you do not know, try it out if you are white, get your life ruined.
I see, there are no examples, you are just upset about something that only happens in your imagination?  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sidewalker
If you had even the remotest genuine concern, you would research what hate speech laws are and what other developed nations than US have already succeeded to result in severe fines, not just social isolation and career loss.

You didn't bother searching how enforcement against cultural appropriation occurs. You are lazy and just here to gaslight and ridicule.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Double_R
What am I missing DR?

There's a video of a young girl with an opinion, and these snowflakes are absolutely traumatized by it, thier constitutional rights have been violated, they are oppressed, they are losing jobs, being banned from social media, these poor guys are under attack.

Because this girl expressed her opinion in a video.

Am I missing something, or are they just whiney baby drama queens?

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Oh yeah, like you rednecks don't have your own way of talking.
I am not a redneck. Not from the south. 
My lineage is second generation Dutch/German/Polish/Cherokee.  
Most of my life having lived in the PNW.
AND I speak proper English, as all Americans should (to include those who emigrate here should as well),

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Sidewalker
> @Intelligence_06
He found out there's a video of some kids that don't think he should speak African American Vernacular English and he's butthurt about it LOL  

Wait till he finds out there's also some kids that don't think he should get corn rows,  he'll be devastated.   

I guess he'll need to just stick with speaking redneck and wearing the baseball cap with the confederate flag on it.

You sure are full of yourself, SW. You clearly didn’t see my reply to him; well, it stands as a reply to you too: #14
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Sidewalker
You are missing a lot!!!! Namely, this is DART, a place to have debates and discussions. This topic, like every other topic, is proffered for discussion. No one is butthurt over anything. Well, maybe except you, obviously, because others like to have actual debates and discussions at DART, so you’re belittling them/us for doing so.