Gay Mafia DP1

Author: PREZ-HILTON

Read-only
Total: 305
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
Okay there is no theme but I still consider this gay so the name remains. The following people are playing. 

1. Badger
2. Best.korea
3. Pie
4. Mharman
5. Supadudz
6. Austin 
7. Lunatic
8. Earth

The DP is 72 hours and it takes 5 players to lynch

Also I hope this serves as a lesson that you don't need a complicated set up to get these types of games started. 

Go.......
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
@badger
@Best.Korea
The DP has started. Also best Korea is new so if everyone helps him out that will be great
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Vader
@Mharman
@AustinL0926
The DP is up
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Earth
@Lunatic
DP1 is up, have fun
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Wylted
I'm new too...

anyway currently reading through previous archived mafias to figure out what to do

Best.Korea
Debates: 264
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
Other than asking questions, I have no idea what to do.
The title being what it is confuses me even more.

I am guessing that town are civilized normal gays, while mafia are some gay warrior outcasts, and 3rd party is most likely none of those two.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
anyway currently reading through previous archived mafias to figure out what to do
This sentence implies that you are not part of mafia. I am guessing you are either town either 3rd party.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Ok we'll let Austin figure out what to do from the archived mafias. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Best.Korea reads very town anyway. I'm down to VTL Lunatic
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
It seems more likely that he is mafia than town.

VTL Lunatic
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Best.Korea
I am guessing that town are civilized normal gays, while mafia are some gay warrior outcasts, and 3rd party is most likely none of those two.
Wylted did say there is no theme he’s just calling it gay mafia 
Lunatic
Lunatic
VTL austin, I’m guessing wylted probably gave one of the noobs to the mafia team. Seems likely in most games with new players that mods like to throw them into the fire to help them learn. Would be interesting to see some statistics done on that at some point.

Austin feels like a better starting point because of his post about doing research, I feel like as a new mafia player you would probably want to scout out old games as scum more than town more to see how other players have tried disguising themselves in a game. Whereas if you were town you would be more likely to use the current player pool as a resource to ask questions. Just an inkling based on gut here.

Anyways as a heads up I probably won’t be crazy active but I’ll do my best. I signed up mostly out of sympathy for wylteds cause of reviving mafia, though I’m not particularly interested in it lately and burned out on it hard last year.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Best.Korea
Just curious how do you even know what a third party is?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lunatic
Wylted did say there is no theme he’s just calling it gay mafia
He did say he considers it gay. The only possible clue from that is that users were divided into town and mafia according to their usual behavior on the site.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lunatic
I feel like as a new mafia player you would probably want to scout out old games as scum more than town more to see how other players have tried disguising themselves in a game.
"Scouting old games to learn" applies to all new players, not specifically mafia players. However, I would assume that mafia player would be more likely to seek advice from his mafia companions, rather than publicly declaring he is looking through archive to learn how to play.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I randomized roles and affiliations just to be clear. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lunatic
Just curious how do you even know what a third party is?
I too looked through some games, but I also searched for instructions on the internet.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
If everything is randomized, it will be difficult.

I think we can rule out austin to be mafia. He is most likely town. That being said, after NP we will have more clues as to who is mafia.

Right now, lunatic seems to be mafia, as he is trying to lynch a player who is "more likely not to be mafia".
Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Hello homos,

I am also pretty busy irl, so I’m going to be less active than I normally am.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Forgot to include in last post:

@lunatic I don’t know of any times noobs were specifically chosen for one affiliation or another. I know I didn’t do any of that if a noob was in one of my games. I think that would just make the game too easy for town, knowing they could easily predict a noob’s affiliation if that were the case.

Also, I researched old games in my first game, and I was town in that one. Maybe I’m an outlier, but I think that has more to do with play style than affiliation.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Although I will admit, I did also ask questions to other players in my first game, along with the research, so there is truth to the idea that new players will ask questions.
Mharman
Mharman
new players will ask questions.
*new townies
Mharman
Mharman
@best.Korea Unblock me so I can tag you properly for this game.
Mharman
Mharman
I think this game has very simple setup. Wylted initially was going to have gay characters, but that got scrapped, so I assume he just slapped this game together when he had the time.

Mharman
Mharman
By the way, I’m not opposed to questioning Austin, I just don’t see any indication he’s scum. I don’t really think his lack of questions is enough to say he’s scum.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Best.Korea
He did say he considers it gay. The only possible clue from that is that users were divided into town and mafia according to their usual behavior on the site.
What? He clearly said there was no theme, no clues to be seen from that lol.

"Scouting old games to learn" applies to all new players, not specifically mafia players. However, I would assume that mafia player would be more likely to seek advice from his mafia companions, rather than publicly declaring he is looking through archive to learn how to play.
You didn’t, you were asking questions and even pointed that out, this using the current player pool as a resource. I just feel like I’ve seen the “researching old games” line before and usually I doubt people are actually doing that and already have some inside information and use it as a scapegoat for when they later come back seeming knowledgeable about things. If he is with a user in the mafia discord who has played before for example that user can answer any and all questions easily.

However, I would assume that mafia player would be more likely to seek advice from his mafia companions, rather than publicly declaring he is looking through archive to learn how to play.
That’s what I’m saying though, I can see someone using the public statement about researching games as a scapegoat, whereas you just did it without said announcement. His later behavior will be an indicator but since we’re openly talking about it he might change it up.

Either way I don’t see why you have him so town locked.
Mharman
Mharman
@best.korea
Right now, lunatic seems to be mafia, as he is trying to lynch a player who is "more likely not to be mafia".
I’m not convinced of anything about Austin’s affiliation yet, but I will say I find Lunatic’s idea that noobs might be scum to be pretty dumb. But I’m not convinced of anything about Lunatic’s affiliation yet, either.

Question for you: What’s with the near-instant conclusions from you?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mharman
Forgot to include in last post:

@lunatic I don’t know of any times noobs were specifically chosen for one affiliation or another. I know I didn’t do any of that if a noob was in one of my games. I think that would just make the game too easy for town, knowing they could easily predict a noob’s affiliation if that were the case.

Also, I researched old games in my first game, and I was town in that one. Maybe I’m an outlier, but I think that has more to do with play style than affiliation.

My intro to mafia was different I suppose. I felt like I got handed scum a lot more as a noob. But yeah I think that depends on the mod and something about wylted strikes me as him putting noobs as mafia.

Anyways I’m not saying the guy is scum I’m just applying pressure based on what little has been provided thus far. At the very least this is generating some discussion and activity.

Do you think he is townier from that post or scummier? Or was it null? What are your thoughts on korea being hard sold on him being town?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
VTL Korea