Read-only
Total: 305
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@badger
Best.Korea reads very town anyway. 
I think this deserves a better explanation, for sure.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
The DP has started. Also best Korea is new so if everyone helps him out that will be great
Okay guys, this post by Wylted is rather odd. Why single out Korea when Austin is technically a noob as well. It’s mod psyche but this means that there’s something here.

Also based on how Korea has been interacting, I don’t really see the signs of being a noob that much. More like a seasoned veteran coming back from a hiatus.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Hello. Will try to post a good amount but I have my exam next week so I'm not "busy", but I am not free as a bird
Lunatic
Lunatic
It’s a common scum tactic to “town lock” players easily like that. With inside information, scum will try to use townlocking as a manipulation tactic. If said individual is mislynched or revealed to be town by way of role or results, the mafia can spin it by saying “see I told you so” in an effort they think will earn them town points.

Ironically I think koreas commitment to town read him makes him look more townish and Korea more scummy. Anyways I will keep my vote where it’s at for the time being though because I’d like more content from him as a new player.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Okay guys, this post by Wylted is rather odd. Why single out Korea when Austin is technically a noob as well. It’s mod psyche but this means that there’s something here.

Also based on how Korea has been interacting, I don’t really see the signs of being a noob that much. More like a seasoned veteran coming back from a hiatus

I agree with the bolded, the mention of third parties in their first game stood out to me. Doesn’t necessarily mean they are scum but yeah I’m not entirely convinced they are new.

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@Lunatic
Well, I will say the discussion being generated is good.

Tbh, I’m not a fan of b.k’s jumping straight to conclusions so quickly. His instant scum read on you reeks of paranoia, but then his instant town read on Austin lacks any sort of the same caution. I’d say it’s ever so slightly scummy; the only thing stopping me from saying it is outright scummy is the possibility of  it just being bad and inconsistent noob logic.

I’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on what they post.

Vader
Vader
This game is gonna be based on behavior related issues I guess, which I think is interesting

I'm tempted in saying Wylted just make a mistake by overlooking Austin and just saying Korea, but Wylted is not the type to do that
Vader
Vader
Korea knows a good amount about mafia to consider him new by any regards
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
That’s all for now. For anyone wondering what I’m busy with, I have to drive back to college today.
Vader
Vader
to not consider him new* idk what I was trying to type there
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
For the record, I've been asleep for the past 10 hours... so yea.

I'm kinda suspicious of why you would VTL to me so quickly. 

First of all, in your past mafia games, you've never done this. You also seem to trying to start a lynch train on someone who you know to be offline.

Second of all, as soon as two people VTL'd you, you tried to distract by lynching me, rather than pushing back against them.

Third of all, you're an experienced Mafia player. There is absolutely no way you really believe in your line about "assigning noobs to mafia team."

Nevertheless, I'm still reading town on you. Generally Mafia stays pretty low for the first day, so starting a lynch would be a very reckless thing to do.

Anyway, I do want an explanation for why you tried to VTL me, since you are looking awfully sus rn.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Also this isn't my first mafia game btw, but it is the first one on this site.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
If he is with a user in the mafia discord who has played before for example that user can answer any and all questions easily. - Lunatic, #27
If I was getting info from someone in mafia discord, I would pretend to be an experienced player. So to the contrary, this point is actually in support of me. 
Vader
Vader
That's probably why Austin wasn't mentioned in the post because he told Wylted about his experience playing. Either that or it could be scum directing him to say that but I want to believe the first option because BK got a post about him being new.
Vader
Vader
That isn't an indication of town/scum tells though IMO. I think it's simply for clarification purposes. Let's analyze behaviors of members to see how they react.
Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
I'm new too...

anyway currently reading through previous archived mafias to figure out what to do

This is completely contradictory to this...

Also this isn't my first mafia game btw, but it is the first one on this site.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Current reads:

Korea: IDK (acting pretty towny, but also very quick to label me "town" with rly no evidence)
Badger: slightly scum (jumped on the lynch train pretty quickly)
Lunatic: town (behavior is too aggressive to be DP1 mafia)
Mharman: IDK
Pie: slightly town (not jumping on the lynch train, pointing out Korea's inconsistencies)
Supadudz: slightly town (justifiably applying pressure on me)

Will be AFK for next hour cuz class is starting.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
I haven't played Mafia for a few years, but I do still know the ropes.
Vader
Vader
Let's analyze these behavior quickly

Lunatic comes out very strong with a gut inkling. I do not think this is unlike Lunatic, but the reason is a bit strange. I have seen him go at Pie only during DP1 because he believed Pie is anti town as a whole. I think him saying that research as a new player is "scummy" is inaccurate, but I do not think it deviates from the normal play

Best Korea reeks FOS of me. As scum when I was knew. I tried to find anyway to lynch someone. I think he is trying to jusitfy the lack of theme with him saying there is a small theme when there is clearly no theming involved in this game.

Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
I understand. But in that moment I think you could've worded it a better. I think "it's been a while since I played" could've been better for that moment.

Vader
Vader
Anyway, I gotta do some work before class. I'll check back in later
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@Lunatic
You didn’t, you were asking questions and even pointed that out, this using the current player pool as a resource.
The thing I pointed out is "new players are more likely to observe previous games to learn from them, and say that they are doing so" if they are town players, where scum/mafia new player is more likely to ask his scum/mafia companions in private and not declare it publicly.

I just feel like I’ve seen the “researching old games” line before and usually I doubt people are actually doing that
Well, you can doubt. We can doubt everything here.

and already have some inside information and use it as a scapegoat
This seems unlikely. If we are going with "austin is a new player" vs "austin is a pro player deceiving us all", I would go with the first. However, I would expect mafia to say "austin is a pro player deceiving us all" to create confusion. Hence, why I think you are mafia and austin is town.

That’s what I’m saying though, I can see someone using the public statement about researching games as a scapegoat
You can see it! But is it likely? No.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Lunatic
you were asking questions and even pointed that out, this using the current player pool as a resource
New players could use current player pool as a resource to learn the game by asking questions. The other option is that they could "decide not to ask questions" and "not bother other players".

I wasnt sure about my guess of you until you started deflecting towards austin for no apparent reason. Now I am sure that you are not town.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Mharman
What’s with the near-instant conclusions from you?
The only way for this to get anywhere is to make conclusions and observe people's reaction.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Unofficial lynch board:

LUNATIC / 2: (Badger, Korea)
AUSTIN / 1: (Lunatic)
KOREA / 1: (Pie)

ABSTAIN / 3 (Mharman, Supa, Austin)
INACTIVE / 1 (Earth)

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
My so far observations:

Austin - despite some confusion about being new or not, if he was scum he would either "make more posts about being completely new" either "not mention it at all". The road he took was to just hint us he is new. He didnt focus on it enough to convince us he is scum. He even admitted he played years ago, which is not something scum would likely say.

Lunatic - very suspicious from the start. As soon as I voted to lynch him, he started deflecing towards austin. My vote to lynch Lunatic was a shot in the dark. However, the behavior that he displayed after that convinced me that I am justified in my vote. 
Lunatic claims to be an experienced player, however, votes to lynch austin for a reason of "austin claims to be new player, but doesnt ask us questions", despite that austin previously said he will "research old games instead". 
Lunatic provides a rather irrational reason for a lynch. It is something scum would do when under pressure.

Pie - Pie seems to jump to conclusion rather quickly and questions if I am a new player. However, what happened with him and supa makes me question them.

Supa - Supa and pie and Lunatic are joining in "korea is not a new player" union. This union is rather suspicious, due to previous behavior of lunatic.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@Mharman
@badger
Time for some good old-fashioned cross-examination. I'll VTL anyone who ignores  (e.g. not replying to this post while being active elsewhere), just for the sake of getting some pressure going.

Best.Korea:

Why were you so quick to label me a townie?

Why did you VTL Lunatic before he had even posted?

Why did you claim a theme when Wylted mentioned that there wasn't one?

Badger:

How did you read Korea as town? Seems like a typical townout tactic from scum.

Mharman:

Who do you read as scum right now? 

(BTW I know you're sort of inactive, so I'll give you plenty of time to respond)

Supadudz:

Who do you read as scum right now?

Why did you drop your questioning of me so quickly? You were very quick to question, and very quick to drop. 

Lunatic:

What gave you the idea that Wylted would assign a noob as Mafia? I know you're experienced enough that you know this doesn't happen.

If your goal is to apply pressure, what are you trying to accomplish? No one else is lynching me and you're only making yourself look more scummy.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
Why were you so quick to label me a townie?
The claim that you are town is most likely correct, due to your post about being new and saying that you will "read through archives".

New player who is scum would be more likely to either "ask users about the game in private chat, not even mention being new in public chat" either "focus the talk on being new and questioning a lot". You did neither. You merely stated that you were new. This middle path doesnt seem like something scum would choose.

I was testing him to see his reaction and see who will come to defend him.

Why did you claim a theme when Wylted mentioned that there wasn't one?
Wylted said "I consider this gay", so I assumed users were grouped in a certain way. Once Wylted said that it was random, I accepted that and didnt claim theme again.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Best.Korea
Alright, seems legit for now.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I was mostly suspicious because Korea seemed eager to lynch Lunatic, but considering that badger started it and Korea is fairly new, it makes sense.