How to explain real Christianity, to non-belivers.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 269
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Might be like Sunday church service, but here it goes. 

Ok the basic belief of Christianity, is that there is one God. That one God created everything to ever exist, and to exist in the future. He created us with free will so we can show him true, undeniable love. And in turn, he gave us a beautiful world to live in, vast amounts of vegetation, and things to discover and explore.

Everything was perfect until Adam, and Eve (the first two humans) sinned against God. Once Adam and Eve sinned, the perfect bond between man and God was destroyed, and the curse of sin from the devil was released upon the world, because of Adam and Eve. God wants to be with us, but can't because he is perfect, and we are not. So to bridge the gap, and give us a way to be with him, in his presence, he sent himself/son, down to earth in the form of a human.

His name was Jesus, Christ the Lord. He lived a perfect sinless life as a human, and proved to everyone, and himself that it was possible to be sinless as a human, even with the curse of sin bestowed upon humanity. Then Jesus died for our sins, using his perfect life to cleanse all of our sins. After he died, he rose again three days later, and was returned to Heaven/paradise.

Now obviously we are still sinners so we cant just go up to heaven, because our hearts are still full of sin. So God gives us a way. The only thing you have to do to get into heaven, is to ask him into your heart, and ask him to help guide you through life in the best way possible, and I don't mean just ask God randomly with no purpose and go on about your life, but to truly believe he exists with faith, and to truly ask him into your heart. 

This is the basic belief of Christianity for all of those people out there who think we try to enforce this belief onto others, persecutor, and other things people might say. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Wait, I thought real christianity is not able to be grasped by us mortals?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Intelligence_06
No. That makes no sense. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
Lots to say to this, none of it respectful.

Enjoy believing in your chosen fairytale, I sincerely mean that. In the end we all meed some fantasy to cope in life but why Jesus? Simple, there is no reason.

A modern day Jesus would be in an asylum for his schizophrenia.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@RationalMadman
Not trying to convert you, just enlightening people on what it means to be a Christian. No need for insults dude.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Just a few questions, since I've never quite understood the story of Adam and Eve:

Did God know that Adam and Eve were going to sin?

If so, does this imply they had no free will in their choice?

If not, does it imply that God is not omniscient?

How could Adam and Eve known that eating the fruit was wrong if they had no knowledge of good and evil?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@AustinL0926
Did God know that Adam and Eve were going to sin?
Yes.
If so, does this imply they had no free will in their choice?
Implying this is a contradiction in of itself. They had free will to do whatever they wanted. God knowing that they were going to do it, isn't taking away there free will. If God were to stop them from making that decision, then there free will would be taken away. They still had that choice, God just already knew that they were going to make that choice. God knowing the future is not taking free will away from us. 

How could Adam and Eve known that eating the fruit was wrong if they had no knowledge of good and evil?
God said to Adam and Eve that they could do whatever they wanted to, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
They knew disobeying God was a sin, and committed that sin anyways. If God gave them absolutely no perception of good and evil, then they wouldn't have free will now would they? And if they didn't have free will, then how did they make that choice to disobey God?

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Might be like Sunday church service, but here it goes. 

Ok the basic belief of Christianity, is that there is one God. That one God created everything to ever exist, and to exist in the future. He created us with free will so we can show him true, undeniable love. And in turn, he gave us a beautiful world to live in, vast amounts of vegetation, and things to discover and explore.

Everything was perfect until Adam, and Eve (the first two humans) sinned against God. Once Adam and Eve sinned, the perfect bond between man and God was destroyed, and the curse of sin from the devil was released upon the world, because of Adam and Eve. God wants to be with us, but can't because he is perfect, and we are not. So to bridge the gap, and give us a way to be with him, in his presence, he sent himself/son, down to earth in the form of a human.

His name was Jesus, Christ the Lord. He lived a perfect sinless life as a human, and proved to everyone, and himself that it was possible to be sinless as a human, even with the curse of sin bestowed upon humanity. Then Jesus died for our sins, using his perfect life to cleanse all of our sins. After he died, he rose again three days later, and was returned to Heaven/paradise.

Now obviously we are still sinners so we cant just go up to heaven, because our hearts are still full of sin. So God gives us a way. The only thing you have to do to get into heaven, is to ask him into your heart, and ask him to help guide you through life in the best way possible, and I don't mean just ask God randomly with no purpose and go on about your life, but to truly believe he exists with faith, and to truly ask him into your heart. 

This is the basic belief of Christianity for all of those people out there who think we try to enforce this belief onto others, persecutor, and other things people might say. 

This doesn't explain much to me. 
Why don't you start by "explaining"  to me why god created anything in the first place?  See where we go from there.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
This doesn't explain much to me. 
Why don't you start by "explaining"  to me why god created anything in the first place?  See where we go from there.
That is a question that a lot of Christians have, and I don't have a definitive answer to. 
Though I assume it is because God was lonely before he created us and wanted/desired love.
The only way to have true love, is by someone making that choice to love you.
So God created us in his own image with free will and a choice to love him. 

But I don't know for sure. I'll have to ask God when I get to heaven. 
Stephen
Stephen
This doesn't explain much to me. Why don't you start by "explaining"  to me why god created anything in the first place?  See where we go from there. to. 
I don't have a definitive answer
OK.  Strange ever since time began and man was "created"  no one appears to have asked god this simple question and written down  his reply.

Though I assume it is because God was lonely before he created us and wanted/desired love.

So it wasn't enough that he ruled over his own perfect and vast heavenly paradise or his hoards of heavenly angels for company?

The only way to have true love, is by someone making that choice to love you.

So the love of his heavenly hoards of angels wasn't enough for him?

So God created us in his own image with free will and a choice to love him. 

Well this has always come over to me as somewhat contradictory.  You see this  so called "free will" comes with a threat

But I don't know for sure. I'll have to ask God when I get to heaven. 

So you don't speak to god  yourself then and he doesn't answer you?

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
God knew how everything would play out before he created the universe. there are countless problems with the biblical narrative when God’s eternal, omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Christianity is the acceptance that certain comparatively recent middle Eastern fantasy tales explain the GOD concept.

Which they don't. They are just very naive and exaggerated  stories about human beings.

The God bit is always an imaginary sub-plot.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
YFLDT6.
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Huge need for it. I knew this stuff already, I also see why it is bs and why it works to traumatise people into obedience and peer pressure.

I actually held back on the insulting, just cut to the main points.
Best.Korea
Debates: 265
Best.Korea
There is a certain comfort in Christianity.

It promotes family, community and the value of sharing with those who are in need.

Those are the values that we cant simply throw away. They are important to us.
In that sense, Christianity is important to us. It doesnt matter if someone is not a Christian. There is a lot that can be learned from Christianity.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
What's the debate part of your post? I mean everybody here knows what the fuck Christianity is. Most of us even know that there's a varieties of denominations and want most of those varieties practice. 

or all of those people out there who think we try to enforce this belief onto others, persecutor, and other things people might say
Christianity single-handedly almost wiped out the pagan religions of eastern and western Europe to the point that when they're practiced today those practices have to be scraped together by archeology and various limited texts. Most of which have been translated by Christians so they're not pure in their animism or polytheism. And Christianity single-handedly almost wiped out various native cultures both North and South in the Americas. And they still continue to go through Africa and try to convert that continent. There is still a struggle in the United States today which is a secular Nation with religious freedom for Christians to try to enact laws that force their morality and beliefs on the others. You are a perfect example of that. 
But I'm still not sure I find what topic you were wishing to debate in your original post.

Best.Korea
Debates: 265
Best.Korea
Christianity single-handedly almost wiped out the pagan religions of eastern and western Europe
Sadly, yes. Those are negative consequences of Christianity.

In my opinion, taking useful things from all religions is more beneficial than focusing on just one.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Reece101
God knew how everything would play out before he created the universe. there are countless problems with the biblical narrative when God’s eternal, omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent.
I would be glad to hear your concerns with it.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@zedvictor4
Christianity is the acceptance that certain comparatively recent middle Eastern fantasy tales explain the GOD concept.

Which they don't. They are just very naive and exaggerated  stories about human beings.
A lof of the storys from the bible have recently proven could have happened. Story's like Johnna and the Whale. And Noah's Ark/The Flood.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Christianity single-handedly almost wiped out the pagan religions of eastern and western Europe
Humans make mistakes. This was a corrupt version of Christianity, that wasn't imbedded in truth, rather greed. It does not speak for all Christians. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
This was a corrupt version of Christianity, that wasn't imbedded in truth
But that's not what they thought at the time, right? In other words, they probably ALSO thought this version of Christianity was "imbedded in truth", which is a bit of a confusing phrase, I think you mean founded in. But more importantly, how do you know the version you're following is in fact the one that's founded on truth? What makes yours right, and, say, an Episcopalian or Catholic tradition NOT true?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
But that's not what they thought at the time, right? In other words, they probably ALSO thought this version of Christianity was "imbedded in truth", which is a bit of a confusing phrase, I think you mean founded in. But more importantly, how do you know the version you're following is in fact the one that's founded on truth? What makes yours right, and, say, an Episcopalian or Catholic tradition NOT true?
Because non-denominational Christians like myself use the word of God (the Bible) to guide us through life, and Gods teachings. The old Catholic Church, and other churches do not do this. They twist the bibles meaning, and contradict themselves. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Because non-denominational Christians like myself use the word of God (the Bible) to guide us through life, and Gods teachings.
Do you think it's fair to say that most if not all Christians today,  when asked, would say they're following the word of god via the bible and various teachings?
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Do you think it's fair to say that most if not all Christians today,  when asked, would say they're following the word of god via the bible and various teachings?
Yes, because that is what we do, but of course we do sin, so we don't always follow it to a T. 
We are all sinners, but the redemption for that is explained in the Bible.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It doesn't really make sense why a perfect being can't mingle with the less-than-perfect beings. Would Yahweh become imperfect by proximity or temptation? Is sacrificing a son really something a perfect being would do? After Jesus walked among sinners, wouldn't he have been tainted and barred from heaven as well?
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Wait...what? How could a perfect being be lonely?! 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@SkepticalOne
It doesn't really make sense why a perfect being can't mingle with the less-than-perfect beings. Would Yahweh become imperfect by proximity or temptation? Is sacrificing a son really something a perfect being would do? After Jesus walked among sinners, wouldn't he have been tainted and barred from heaven as well?
Jesus was both fully God and fully human, therefore the gap between sin and God. He could have sinned, but didn't, and bridged that gap between humans and God. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So if nominally all Christians today would say that their Christianity is founded in truth and they're following the bible, and the people who were involved in things like eliminating pagans were also certain they were following the truth and the bible, then how can one ensure that the current version of Christianity is not corrupt and likely to lead to suboptimal outcomes? Just to help so you're not trying to speak for anyone else, can you tell me specifically how you are sure that your version, the non-denominational version (which is itself one of hundreds of denominations of Christianity) is NOT corrupt. What about yours makes yours "better" or "truer", that I can see and say "yes, that makes sense."
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@SkepticalOne
Like I said, ask God. 

That is a question that I am unsure of. Just my take on it. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
So if nominally all Christians today would say that their Christianity is founded in truth and they're following the bible, and the people who were involved in things like eliminating pagans were also certain they were following the truth and the bible, then how can one ensure that the current version of Christianity is not corrupt and likely to lead to suboptimal outcomes? Just to help so you're not trying to speak for anyone else, can you tell me specifically how you are sure that your version, the non-denominational version (which is itself one of hundreds of denominations of Christianity) is NOT corrupt. What about yours makes yours "better" or "truer", that I can see and say "yes, that makes sense."
The different denominations of Christianity are not wrong. The different denominations are there to represent the different ways people express Gods word and how they interoperate the Bible. 

Personally, I don't think there should be different denominations of the Church, because it divides the church, and causes tension. We all belive the same basic thing though. 

I know the Bible isn't corrupt, because there are no contradictions in the Bible.