Why didn’t Trump get tanks sent to Ukraine? What a loser!

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 157
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Public-Choice
Yeah. Because the American Revolution was one gunshot away from sparking a world war... Absurd comparison.
Yeah, it was contained after the Continental Army took over the airports.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@Sidewalker
Yeah, it was contained after the Continental Army took over the airports.
😂🤣😂
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
"Federal authorities are on pace to make more than 2.3 million arrests during the 2022 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30. That will far exceed last year’s record of more than 1.7 million arrests."

Just in 2022 alone. Compared to Trump's presidency:
"According to CBP data, during FY 2019, the number of individuals apprehended or found inadmissible nationwide totaled 1,148,024, an increase of 68 percent over the previous fiscal year."
Strictly speaking, this is better evidence of increased arrests, which don't necessarily mean crime jumps. 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Yes it does. 

More arrests = more crime. 

The number doesn't suddenly jump from 1.1 million - 2.3 million just because of fake or false alarm arrests. In shows an increase of crime. 
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

No, my friend, I'm afraid it's just one possibility.

If your town had ten traffic cops who sat on ten different roads one year, and twenty on twenty roads the next year, do you think traffic tickets in your town would rise?

Arrests on their own are not a good statistic for actual crime indication. It's an indicator of increased / improved enforcement, first and foremost. 
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So basically that was Anti-American
Alas, the Democratic Party has evolved from valuing its citizens, to valuing foreigners as much as its citizens, to presently valuing foreigners more than its own citizens. Trump’s “America First” doctrine, which IMO should have gone without saying or much fanfare, was instead highly controversial.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Sidewalker
Interesting, a conspiracy theory from a right wing whack job, that's not something you see every day...oh wait, yes it is, every day, like sheeple only more redundant.
Don’t take my word for it, take the word of the Biden DoJ.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
That’s a lie
What’d he find then
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Yes it does. 

The number doesn't suddenly jump from 1.1 million - 2.3 million just because of fake or false alarm arrests. In shows an increase of crime
How do you reduce crime, you make more arrests.

Tough on crime = more arrests
More arrests = less crime.

Biden is like a crime fighting superhero, he should be wearing a cape.

And Trump should be wearing an orange jumpsuit.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
How do you reduce crime, you make more arrests.

Tough on crime = more arrests
More arrests = less crime.
Yes, but you can't make more arrests, unless you have a reason to.

More crime=more arrests
more arrests=less crime

But unless that number is going down, then that means there is a steady flow of crime.

More arrests=less crime

More crime=more arrests, and if more arrests being recorded, that equivalates to more crime. 

The only way arresting works, is if the court system imprisons the criminals, and doesn't let them free. 
Criminals go back out after being arrested, and when there is no charge, they commit more crime.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
No, my friend, I'm afraid it's just one possibility.

If your town had ten traffic cops who sat on ten different roads one year, and twenty on twenty roads the next year, do you think traffic tickets in your town would rise?

Your comparing traffic tickets to actual crime. 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I notice you didn't answer the question.

Technically speaking, speeding is an actual crime, but I'm sure you mean something else. And no, what I'm doing is demonstrating that more tickets don't necessarily mean speeding or traffic violations are increasing, the same way more arrests do not in and of themselves reflect a rise in crime. More cops on the street means that the guy who yesterday was smoking a joint on the street and got away with it, may be arrested today for doing the same by one of the new cops. That's not a rise in crime. It's a rise in enforcement. You can take the rise in arrests and then do further research (I know, you hate that word!) to figure out if a rise in crime is real, or if more arrests mean better enforcement, but it's just one component. Critical thinking bro. Read up on it. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Children playing make-believe, that is cute as a button.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
The USA is filled with English speakers. 

Doesn't mean that we have a legitimate right to invade.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
So why did the UK help invade Iraq?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Ask Tony Blair and his boyfriend Dubya.

Nothing to do with me.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
So you don't approve. I see progress.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ludofl3x
Technically speaking, speeding is an actual crime, but I'm sure you mean something else. And no, what I'm doing is demonstrating that more tickets don't necessarily mean speeding or traffic violations are increasing, the same way more arrests do not in and of themselves reflect a rise in crime. More cops on the street means that the guy who yesterday was smoking a joint on the street and got away with it, may be arrested today for doing the same by one of the new cops. That's not a rise in crime. It's a rise in enforcement. You can take the rise in arrests and then do further research (I know, you hate that word!) to figure out if a rise in crime is real, or if more arrests mean better enforcement, but it's just one component. Critical thinking bro. Read up on it. 
Ok let me spell it out for you. 

More crime would equivalate to more arrests, in the same way, that more arrests would equivalate to crime. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

When more people commit crimes, more people are going to get arrested. It's common knowledge. 
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
They literally were so scared of trump they waited until he was out of office to invade. 
Trump spent 4 years fawning over Putin and when on the world stage with him took Putin’s word over that of his own intelligence agencies. To claim Putin was scared of Trump is beyond absurd.

Putin was going to invade regardless, but he was waiting till after the election because he was hedging his bet on Trump winning re-election and pulling the US out of NATO which would have created a much more favorable environment for him.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
Even Saint Mueller found nothing. But guess what? It turns out a dude who was investigating Trump for Russian collusion, was in bed with Putin. 
Which would certainly explain why Mueller wasn’t able to find any collusion with Russia…
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Double_R
Trump spent 4 years fawning over Putin and when on the world stage with him took Putin’s word over that of his own intelligence agencies. To claim Putin was scared of Trump is beyond absurd.
I don't know that fawning over him made him any less of a threat, seeing as how unhinged he was. It's like having Jeffrey Dahmer fawn over you, you still want to avoid being alone in a room with him. 

Sure the fawning you could argue would open Trump up for being more easily manipulated, it certainly wouldn't make him any less unhinged though. Let's face it. A Trump response to that invasion could be a lot scarier than a Biden response. 

Who do you think is more likely to just drop a nuke? 

Be honest. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Federal authorities are on pace to make more than 2.3 million arrests during the 2022 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30. That will far exceed last year’s record of more than 1.7 million arrests."
So the increased crime in the US from people coming across the border is the actual acts of coming across the border? That’s brilliant.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So basically that was Anti-American, and racist
No, just anti-white trash

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@cristo71
Trump’s “America First” doctrine, which IMO should have gone without saying or much fanfare, was instead highly controversial.
You understand that both Hitler and Mussolini both used the same rhetoric, correct?

America uber Alles!

Mussolini promised to Make Italy Great Again
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
No, just anti-white trash
Being anti-American, and racist, is = to being anti-white trash?
Wow. You didn't even defend yourself. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
So the increased crime in the US from people coming across the border is the actual acts of coming across the border? That’s brilliant.
Coming across the border illegally is illegal. 
That proves even further, that crime has jumped up. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Coming across the border illegally is illegal. 
These people - yes they are people, are not sneaking across the border. They are going to the authorities to seek asylum or legal residence. Just like your white trash ancestors did years ago.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Approve of what.

Are we talking the invasion of Ukraine and unprovoked Russian aggression?

Or are we talking the West's lies about WMD's, used as a phoney excuse for securing Iraqi oil fields?

Two different issues, on which I have two separate opinions.

So we ignore Russian military aggression in Ukraine.

And then what?

Poland, Baltic States etc. etc.

Same old, as before.

And you can hide over there and worry about the Chinese.

Though that said, the US is only 2.5miles from Russia.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4

Poland, Baltic States etc. etc.

Oh where did I hear that orchestrated lie before... Oh yes...Saddam was going to take over "the world...Iran...Saudi Arabia..." like some "madman..."
And you thought the old chap Tony Blair had no peer!

Two different issues, on which I have two separate opinions.
Only this time, You seem to prefer this version of the Tony Blairisms. 

And you thought an old pig couldn't learn a new trick!

<insert propaganda> "aggression/terrorism"
If we are going to ignore unprovoked Ukrainian aggression in 2014, there is no reason why we shouldn't also ignore Russian aggression in 2020 over the same  Donetsk territory for the same exact reason.

Just on principle. That is, unless you approve of the similar bullshit orchestrated reasons to launch another tax-funded Iraq....

In that case I would call you inconsistent at best and a corpo-nationalist sheep of the highest Orwellian variety at worst.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Nice Rhetoric.

But there is a notable difference between perceived aggression and actual aggression.

And of course a similar difference between paranoid megalomania and diplomacy.

And then there is the "West's" dependency on Middle Eastern Crude Oil to consider. (Though things have moved on a tad in the past twenty years)

Though as I suggested, two separate and not really comparable sets of circumstances.

And I'm guessing you remember my liking for the other Mr Blair's work.

Not that I found either Blair's politics particularly agreeable.

Such are variations of thought I suppose.

And Ovine?  Well in terms of being part of a flock, I guess we all fall into one category or another. Though some flocks are bigger than others.