Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead

Author: badger

Total: 80
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Wylted
It's kind of like meeting your hero and then having them spit on you, LOL. 
You have low standards. 
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
RM regularly victimizes himself when he trashes people and cries to the mods when I do the same to him. 
I think RM has certain obligations to the mods that are kept in secret. Even though Whiteflame stated to RM, "I don't know what handcuffs you think I've placed on you," there are probably other factors in play that are only known to a few select people. 

I can see why he appears to you as though he is "complaining." This is probably due to irl behaviour on his part that contributes to how he acts online, but let me be clear: I do not want to discuss this because my perception starts to get murky in this area, and I do not wish to offend anybody by my mere hypotheses and theories

Me being bitter doesn't mean I'm angry. 

It's pretty obvious under these circumstances that he is the one getting emotional. 
Lancelot, what I am receiving is that you agree to being bitter but not to being angry. If that is not the case, correct me if I am mistaken. I don't want to argue about these specific quotes. I recommend: you let it go. Do not let the online communication on DART let you be "bitter." I only reach out to people in this way when they exhibit traits of "being capable of being influenced by others." I am assuming you are fairly young, early 20s if not a teenager. Whether for good or bad, you have been influenced by users on this site. Some have made you laugh, and others have upset you (if you do not like the phrase "upset" then fit it to your own description because I really do not want to argue on that point). Please, accept my words. Be in control of yourself at all times--not to say you have not been in control of yourself in the past and right now.

You clearly care about debating and the leaderboard. You want a high scoring. You also enjoy Star Wars. My point is to enjoy the good things in life that make you happy, are productive, and benefit other people around you. Be the best Sir.Lancelot you can be
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Wylted
Contrary to popular belief, I like RM. He frustrates me and sometimes it results in me saying things to him I regret, but what I say is reflective of my character or lack of it and not my actual opinions of whiteflame. 

I am pretty certain his mild dislike of me is turning into some form of hatred though. Because I like him so much it used to hurt my feelings. I am kind of a fan, in a way. He was in this community before me and had a permanent ban. I only knew his legend. The absence of him and people's talk of him made it seem like this is the type of guy I could root for. It never quite went away even after getting to know him better. 

It's kind of like meeting your hero and then having them spit on you, LOL. 
To be honest, there is a lot I could say about you... or with you. I don't want to talk about it here in public, but if you are interested in the "outsider's view" I have to offer, we can chat in the PMs. 

If you think I am some stupid kid, I understand as well. 
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Skipper_Sr
I am interested and no I don't hold that opinion of you
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@Skipper_Sr
You are trying to reason with idiots. Yes, straight up dunces. They formed Wylted's core voting base and will remain that way.

Their goal is not united with mine and they were right to vote against me. They don't want a debate website, they want a shitposting website. The more you try to reason with them, the more you will drown in their toxic web of bullshit. They allowed insulting, they enabled flaming to be acceptable, so let them just be the brutes they want to be until only trolls are left. Then either make a website elsewhere or adapt to them.

A website either clamps down on these types or they overrun it, not due to their stupidity but due to the fact more intelligent people are less likely to over-invest in turning a place into what they want it to be and instead seek elsewhere. That's just how it rolls and actually is a downside of being intelligent; lacking motivation to irrationally change things for the better.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
RM 

"I Want a debate site but it must under all conditions reject neurodiversity and differences of opinions" 

This coming from a guy who would not be welcome here if he did get the website he was after. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You know, Wylted, you said it very well in your presidential update, it is a form of censorship to bully, insult, ridicule and socially isolate someone for simply being who they are and expressing views. That is exactly what the site has become under your rule, in the popular subforums.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
You are trying to reason with idiots. Yes, straight up dunces. They formed Wylted's core voting base and will remain that way.
I’d call you terminally autistic, but most autistic people I’ve met are useful. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Perhaps you two might want to tone it down before this ends in a restraining order.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
I wouldn't mind that at all, the RO I mean.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
I wouldn't mind that at all, the RO I mean.
Why? Offensive comments don’t jeopardize your safety. 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
You know, Wylted, you said it very well in your presidential update, it is a form of censorship to bully, insult, ridicule and socially isolate someone for simply being who they are and expressing views. That is exactly what the site has become under your rule, in the popular subforums.
Your definition of those terms is absurd and stupid. We are likely talking about two different things. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Rat-Man’s POV:
Saying something I don’t like = Cyber-bullying
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
Wow. So much to learn about users on this website.. 
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Bella3sp
Yes, use that mentality. The prominent users are very expressive on this site, and there is much to glean from them
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@RationalMadman
@Wylted
 "And I just peeked into the religion forum on DDO and was reminded of how toxic the atmosphere of a completely unregulated forum can be." - Castin

I foresee a repeat of inevitable chaos and disorder. Could easily be prevented by those who have the power. There is too much to say, so I do not want to say anything at all
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Skipper_Sr
The religion forum on DDO was a separate entity than the rest of DDO and I believe they had the right to choose their own independent culture. The religion forum here was starting to have it's own distinct culture as well until a former head mod decided on a crackdown which you can see in the archives section of the site. Now the forum is practically dead. 

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Skipper_Sr
That’s chaotic to you?
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@Skipper_Sr
"And I just peeked into the religion forum on DDO and was reminded of how toxic the atmosphere of a completely unregulated forum can be." - Castin

I foresee a repeat of inevitable chaos and disorder. Could easily be prevented by those who have the power. There is too much to say, so I do not want to say anything at all
As long as this forum is moderated, there's not much risk of it turning into DDO.
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
Anyway, I dunno what this thread is about now, but Poly could be a good contributor when she wasn't in one of her really volatile moods. I wish they'd let her back eventually.