Thoughts On DART's Latest Update

Author: Skipper_Sr

Total: 83
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Skipper_Sr

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns and I take them seriously. However, I must emphasize that I am not being deceptive in any way. I am simply trying to ensure that the decisions I make are in the best interest of the team. I understand that it can be difficult to trust someone without full transparency, but I assure you that I am doing my best to make sure that everyone is taken care of. 

I recommend you finalize your announcements beforehand. Your indecision weakens your credibility

Thank you for your input. I understand your concern, however, I do not appreciate the implication that my decisions are weak. I take my role as leader seriously and make decisions with the utmost care and consideration.

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Thank you for your input. I understand your concern, however, I do not appreciate the implication that my decisions are weak. I take my role as leader seriously and make decisions with the utmost care and consideration.
[citation needed]
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
ad spam, cannot report it.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
ad spam, cannot report it.
Can you please elaborate? There's no button to report things? Or what do you mean?
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
That's why you don't cry wolf
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
I assume the chats link to see who responded to you is one of those features that will return. Traffic on this site would take a significant hit if people have to keep going back and combing through threads to see if anyone replied to them.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@whiteflame
Yes, your incompetent moderators think me reporting actual abuse is reason to remove my ability to report. 

Whiteflame linked me to 8 abusive posts and I silently (not replying to his PM) laughed at the fact he didnt understand why I reported them, clearly there is an intellectual deficit at play.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I would urge him to post those 8 publicly so everyone can see how ridiculous you are. That was 8 put together after 10 minutes of effort I am sure you would look even more ridiculous if they sought out the dumbest ones
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
I like the new design of the site. 

Very Vintage.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
You explicitly asked me to provide you with examples of reports so that you could explain why you reported them, and then chose not to explain what rules they violated at all. If you want to be able to report again, "silently... laugh[ing]" at our "intellectual deficit" won't get you there.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Yes  see the abuse the rules allow. LOL

Trash website with garbage rules. Graffiti on walls vibe place.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Literally had sidewalker saying best korea should feel bad about being born and indirectly to kill himself seen as fine by whiteflame.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@whiteflame
Read PMs, ill help you out you precious thing

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Ratman reported you for using the word "twit" LOL
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I don't debate here like I used to so I can't speak on those issues. From the forum side of things, I think it's a bit unique and odd, but like other updates I think I will just adjust over time. There's gonna be Group PM's in the future, making mafia life way easier for the site. I think once we fix some issues it will be an improvement to the site.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Literally had sidewalker saying best korea should feel bad about being born and indirectly to kill himself seen as fine by whiteflame.
That's a lie, Ratman is full of shit.
ijb1
Debates: 5
ijb1
The look is fine, but I think the restrictions cause a bit of an issue.
ijb1
ijb1
Here's why I think that:
  1. New users are locked from rated debates, voting, and forum topics.
  2. The requirements for these are a bit stringent, especially for rated debates.
  3. From my POV, people don't really do many unrated debates.
  4. The UI can be confusing at times

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@ijb1
Let’s give it some time and we can always loosen the requirements for the rated debates. Can you please elaborate about the ui? What did you find confusing?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
It is not a lie, Sidewalker, Whiteflame gave it as a third example to me of false reports. Idk if I amallowed to link to it. It got 5 upvotes from degenerates. Ask whuteflamd to link to it.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Here's my two cents.

It seemed as if the overarching goal is to increase membership to avoid it going the way of DDO.  Apparently the site is having trouble getting new members to come in and then stay around to use the site. 

So, regarding DART's Latest Update,  it strikes me as counterproductive (to that end at least). If the problem is new members don't stay,  reducing new member participation on the site and restricting  debates, voting, and forum topics is not a solution.  Do we really think the site gets more new members by offering less?   

I really don't think a "you have to earn the right to participate here" message is going to be particularly inviting to new members.
ijb1
ijb1
-->
@DebateArt.com
Here are some examples:

In general:
- You click on the envelope and see "Chats" but there is no create button
- Where and how can you create a Question on someone's profile?
- The Mentions system could be confusing, it's a text box and someone might ask "how am I supposed to separate multiple names?"
- (This is temporary) It's confusing for it to be impossible to change your profile picture.

Especially as a new user, you're probably going to be very confused when you don't know you need "qualifications":
- You can't find where your qualifications are or what the requirements are
- You can't find the button to create a forum post

Additionally, this is not directly related to the UI but new users will be confused by the "slang" used on the site: DDO, DART, BoP, Kritik, etc.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@ijb1
Perhaps directing users to some sort of "Beginner's Guide" when they join might be helpful.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
It is not a lie, Sidewalker, Whiteflame gave it as a third example to me of false reports. Idk if I amallowed to link to it. It got 5 upvotes from degenerates. Ask whuteflamd to link to it.
RATMAN,

You are still a lying asshole, or should I say twit?

I am fully aware of the post you are referring to, and only in your twisted mind is it even in the ballpark of what you are saying.  Whiteflame called it a false report, that is his way of saying you are full of shit, I say you are full of shit, hell, the site elected Wylted to say you are full of shit.

Time to report snowflake, that's one asshole, a twit, one twisted mind, and three you are full of shits.

Plus whatever bullshit thing you can concoct in your twisted "high value male" mind LOL.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
high value males don't need to tear others down to establish said value. you're pathetic, gamma male to the core.

^ I am aware of the irony. I don't really care what it looks like. You literally can't interact with people here without hurting them. It's sad to see.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
if you were in the right, you'd just quote what you said.
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Ratman,

As lomg as you keep stalking me, I will keep expressing my opinion, and in my opinion, you are an asshole...and the most pathetic sour grapes sore loser I ever saw.

I have you blocked, how about you just leave me alone, and if not, quit whining about how I respond to your harrassment.

Now move along, get fixated on somebody else for a change.

Fuck you very much,

Sidewalker
Castin
Castin
-->
@Sidewalker
It seemed as if the overarching goal is to increase membership to avoid it going the way of DDO.  Apparently the site is having trouble getting new members to come in and then stay around to use the site. 

So, regarding DART's Latest Update,  it strikes me as counterproductive (to that end at least). If the problem is new members don't stay,  reducing new member participation on the site and restricting  debates, voting, and forum topics is not a solution.  Do we really think the site gets more new members by offering less?   

I really don't think a "you have to earn the right to participate here" message is going to be particularly inviting to new members.
This was my first thought also.
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@DebateArt.com
@ijb1
Additionally, this is not directly related to the UI but new users will be confused by the "slang" used on the site: DDO, DART, BoP, Kritik, etc.
I recommend adding a place new users can go to understand these terms in a forum or addition to Help Center
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@DebateArt.com
@AustinL0926
Perhaps directing users to some sort of "Beginner's Guide" when they join might be helpful.
Very good idea