I like the new look of debateart

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 49
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
It feels nicer than the old look.
This could help new users.
New users will have it easier to find important options with this new design.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
Definitely a more Vintage style.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
i am not seeing where you can update your photo
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Not a huge fan tbh
TheMorningsStar
Debates: 0
TheMorningsStar
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Ya, can't find it either.
So, no more looking at your comment history (only post history), no more looking at your votes and debate comment history (only your debate history), no more ability to change your profile picture, no more being able to vote without having done debates (I know others probably like this change, but I don't)...
Overall, not a fan of the update. Sure, there are some visual overhauls (which I really don't care much about either way), but the other changes seem to be more negative imo.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Yeah, apparently, some options are lacking.
I wonder if its temporary until its fixed, or we are all stuck with same profile photo forever.
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Best.Korea
I will start with I do appreciate that there is enough care for the site to receive an update. It appears some things were changed just for the sake of change. I personally liked the old font style and color. Like Sir.Lancelot said, "more vintage style." Perhaps I will get used to it. 

Lots of "little" modifications throughout the site. For instance, one can no longer describe their age in their account. Not a drawback just an observation.

I do not quite understand some of the new "Qualifications" that must be meant for certain achievements. I do not get the "Rated debating" qualification. I have not meant the requirements to receive it yet, so does that mean I can no longer participate in rated debates
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@TheMorningsStar
@Best.Korea
Probably all just temporary set backs until everything is rolled out
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
@Best.Korea
I also do not receive notifications when someone comments on my forums unless they have "mentioned" me. That is annoying 
Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
-->
@Skipper_Sr
It says "allowed in any debate". So, I am assuming the following: 

Do you remember when you had to have a certain rating for some debates? From example, some of RationalMadMan's debates you had to be the rating of 1600+. No longer do you need a certain debate rating as long as you have that qualification. I'll back this up just a bit more, I also no longer see where it allows you to make users have a certain rating or above to accept the debate. Unless I am missing something. 

Hope this answers your question.

Bella3sp
Debates: 53
Bella3sp
Then again, this is just assuming. I'm not actually sure and I am fairly confused on this qualification as well. 
Skipper_Sr
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Bella3sp
No longer do you need a certain debate rating as long as you have that qualification. I'll back this up just a bit more, I also no longer see where it allows you to make users have a certain rating or above to accept the debate
Thank you for the clarification. I suspected that as one of the reasons, but I wanted more feedback. Personally, if this is the true reason--most likely it is, I do not appreciate that change. It is good to have debates that are presently "unreachable" for lower ranked debators because the more skilled do not want to chance a novice accepting when that is not the Debate Creator's intention 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
@Skipper_Sr
Probably all just temporary set backs until everything is rolled out
This, give or take 2 weeks to finish everything and put it back in its place.

I also do not receive notifications when someone comments on my forums unless they have "mentioned" me. That is annoying 
Could be a bug, looking into it.

To clarify the situation with the qualifications:

Rated debates are available only to those that have this qualification, which I believe is a good step forward. When you create a new rated debate, if it's available to you, you can still set a minimum required rating, that's still there.

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@DebateArt.com
Thanks I appreciate your hard work, and thanks for implementing the changes I directed you to make.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Most of this update was already in the works before you were elected. What specific changes are you trying to claim responsibility for suggesting?
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Did wylted direct you to make these changes or is he a liar?

Dud you ask us if we were okay with you banning people from creating rated debates if they are new?
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
I suppose the new qualification requirement makes it harder to noobsnipe, which was presumably the goal. However, I am concerned at how such a fundamental change to the rating system was implemented with a lack of community consensus.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@AustinL0926
Noobsniping is healthy and good for everyone involved, including the noobs. Now they have to do 5 unrated dogshit debates just to begin.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@K_Michael
Most of this update was already in the works before you were elected. What specific changes are you trying to claim responsibility for suggesting?

I am specifically trying to take credit for whatever changes are deemed good and the ones deemed bad Mike did with me objecting to them 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Mike, you do not have permission to share my PMs with anyone so please do not respond to questions. Thank you
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Mike, you do not have permission to share my PMs with anyone so please do not respond to questions. Thank you
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mike does not need your permission, he owns the website.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
He doesn't own the community. I do
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
I was elected and if you erase the illegal votes I won the popular vote as well
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Wylted, you lead the shitposters. 

K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
I am specifically trying to take credit for whatever changes are deemed good and the ones deemed bad Mike did with me objecting to them 
Fuck you.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
Not much difference apart from a splash of blue and a megaphone.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Did wylted direct you to make these changes or is he a liar?

Dud you ask us if we were okay with you banning people from creating rated debates if they are new?
Nobody asked me to do anything, it's all on me. My idea and I take full responsibility for it.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
Thank you for not throwing me under the bus for the less popular decisions, but this is on me also. We are a team
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@DebateArt.com
I suggest a test. We could wait to see if this new change leads to new users staying on the site for longer.

Right now, the standard is that most new accounts make a debate and then forfeit and leave the site forever or become completely inactive.

Hence, we meassure the pool of active users to see if the pool increases or stays the same.