what "Tide" best represents you?

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 14
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
I have recently been playing Torment Tides of numenera. Its an intresting game and kinda categorizes and labels ambitions in a non moral way.

The Tides represent complicated concepts that aren't entirely definable by language. Those who acknowledge the Tides have given them symbolic colors based on how they appear to correspond with emotional and psychological reactions:
  • Blue Tide: Represents wisdom, enlightenment, and mysticism. It is the Tide of people whose goal is to expand the mind and the spirit.
  • Red Tide: Represents passion, emotion, action, and zeal. It is the Tide of people whose goal is to live in the moment, to experience life to its fullest, or to follow their heart wherever it leads them.
  • Indigo Tide: Represents justice, compromise, and the greater good. It is the Tide of people who view life's difficulties from a broad, global perspective rather than an individual one.
  • Gold Tide: Represents charity, sacrifice, and empathy. It is the Tide of people whose primary goal is to help others, especially at a cost to themselves.
  • Silver Tide: Represents admiration of power and seekers of fame. It is the Tide of people who seek to influence the lives of others or who actively seek to be remembered.

this is just for fun, which tide would you say represents you best?

me, based on my actions i lean towards gold and blue. sometimes a little indigo, but my understanding of morality affects that introspection.
Mharman
Debates: 22
Mharman
-->
@Melcharaz
Tide Pods: yummy
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Mharman
ironically the game begins with you falling from the moon in a pod while being chased by the guardian of the tides.
Best.Korea
Debates: 266
Best.Korea
I used to be emotional and drive my actions and words from rage.
Now I am a bit more like I am trying to influence people to do good. However, my influencing skills arent that high.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
In general, I am blue, red and (depending on the situation) gold. Online on a website like this, I can see a lot of silver.

I definitely am not primarily an Indigo person but when I vote in politics, I do consider myself to be that quite a bit.

I also am confused because maybe I am an indigo person but to me it feels like gold since I innately, with ease, see the big picture most of the time. I prefer to negotiate hard than compromise softly though, that's where I feel I'm not an indigo person.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Melcharaz
Purple.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@Lemming
what is the greater good?

Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Melcharaz
I was thinking more blue and red mixed together,
But now that I google indigo,
Yeah, that's purple looking.

Somehow I was thinking indigo was light blue greenish color,
Yet surely I 'must have heard and seen indigo before?

Well. . .
I like knowledge and like my passions,
I get a 'bit justice thinking now and then, but it's a brief breeze then gone,
I sacrifice at times, but rare, and usually a sudden passion,
I like power and fame and attention sometimes, but not usually.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
everyone on a debate site has a tiny bit of silver. most people want to influence peoples thinking, for the better, or at least their own idea of better.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
the primary difference between gold and indigo is vision and application.
a person who follows the indigo tide wants to save the community, state, country, world. From what, and what that salvation means is up to them.
they consider things at a species level even.
an indigo person would tell the thief to turn themselves in, regardless of their personal need.

wereas gold is specific, you want to help others, starting from the individual level and upward. you see a need, emotional or physical and are willing to sacrifice. They do care about the big picture, but their focus is not so much to improve humanity, but to help whoever they can with a need. Not solve a political problem, but help the politician if they have need of help.
a gold person would try to help the thief by getting them a job or help pay off debts, they may tell them to turn themselves in, but only if there is no other way.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Melcharaz
I keep trying to get my friends to come over to play the Numenera board game!
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Gold or blue for me. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Indigo is a dye extracted from plants of the genus Indigofera 

Indigofera tinctura or Indigofera suffruiticosa for example.

Of course, I knew that and didn't need to refer to Wiki.

My wave is green with yellow zig-zags.

And obviously with a tiny bit of silver.

12 days later

attackingandrogynusandy
Debates: 0
attackingandrogynusandy
Randomizing red.
Messy managing metaphorical monstrosity