South Carolina woman fatally shoots escaped inmate who broke into her home.

Author: TheDredPriateRoberts

Total: 72
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
there's probably strong reasons why business, buildings and similar have armed guards, not to mention celebrities, politicians etc.  In there eyes the rest of us don't deserve the same opportunity to protect ourselves, since we can't afford personal security.  She defended herself and probably saved her own life and maybe others as well, this is one of the prime ways the 2a is meant to work, and it did.
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@disgusted
And a typo is all you have, poor thing.
Haha, no. I've had far more and you have still failed to provide meaningful discussion to the table. 
How many school children need to die to allow you a penis extension?
None. I have erectile dysfunction when it comes to death. Libtards like you, on the contrary, ejaculate with every aborted baby, which occurs far more. Your confirmed pedophilia of dead babies surpasses my alleged pedophilia of murdered kids.

This also makes me more skeptical that you are a-ok with banning all guns. No matter what side you are on, you support gun violence, lol. It's utter lunacy and I just exposed your post as both a dreadful joke and a fallacious statement. Try again, bub.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@KingLaddy01
You really don't understand anything, never mind I'm not surprised. Your attempts at kindergarten insults are sub-kindergarten.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
this is one of the prime ways the 2a is meant to work
And this is how it actually works.

the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida, where 17 were killed and another 17 were injured.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 She defended herself and probably saved her own life and maybe others as well, this is one of the prime ways the 2a is meant to work, and it did.
Unfortunately, 2a doesn't work in gun-free zones. At least not for the law abiding citizens.

KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@disgusted
You really don't understand anything, never mind I'm not surprised. Your attempts at kindergarten insults are sub-kindergarten.
Cower away if that is what you wish. There's only so much sense you can bring to somebody in an online room of 1's and 0's, both literally and metaphorically. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@disgusted
are you being overly dense on purpose or is that you natural baseline?
let's see gun with machine gun shoots up a beach in a country with no 2a.....oh yeah that's happened a few times hasn't it.....hmm, but how?  there's laws against that even in other countries?  how is that even possible?

let me give you a quote

I don't have time to decode your autism. Either start making sense or do not post at all.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
How many thousands of children need to be murdered in order that a woman in Sth Dakota can shoot a burglar?
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@disgusted
How many thousands of children need to be murdered in order that a woman in Sth Dakota can shoot a burglar?

So you bring up children being murdered again and again, but what is your position exactly? No guns? Strict gun control? Banning of (a) specific gun(s)?  
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@KingLaddy01
You really don't understand anything. Oh well, you're a wingnut.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@disgusted
In the U.S. you have a right to life, liberty etc  If you can't control or otherwise protect your life, you have lost the right to it.  in the U.S. you do NOT have the right to take someone else's life, that's called a crime.

You don't seem to realize or understand that you aren't anti gun, you are anti murder, which most people are.  You are looking in the wrong places for solutions.  Open your eyes and research it, even your biased link gives information for conflict resolution to stop violent crimes, that is the key, not this lemming mantra, guns bad.

Even when the gun sales reached all time highs the murder rate was still declining.  Convince people murder is bad and not the answer and the problem solves itself.
It's a societal problem, but that's a different topic and perhaps for a different section.
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@disgusted
Nothing here indicates that I would "understand" your positon.

It seems you have devolved entirely to cookie cutter utterances of disapproval rather than arguing. Don't know why I had faith in you answering. And you expected me to cite debateart.com for you lol.

Just flee, that is your best option. Run Forrest, run!

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@disgusted
The State's interest in life does not outweigh the fundamental rights of Americans.  If it did, we wouldn't actually have rights.  The ruling class could be satisfied with throwing the dog a bone and political parties could use human lives as barter and leverage for tyranny.  Basically, you are asking of the generations of today to sacrifice the generations of tomorrow when they inevitably face hardship and and have to make hard decisions.  It is vital that the American people retain the rightful power to endure in their hour of need.  

Note also that the USA has never been a dependant country, like some of it's closest allies.  It is comprised of diverse citizenry spread over a large area, and today the most powerful country in the world.  There is a massive amount of influence surrounding our national politics.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Plisken
Basically, you are asking of the generations of today to sacrifice the generations of tomorrow
That is your position.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@KingLaddy01
Nothing here indicates that I would "understand" your positon.

That's what I said.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@disgusted
Is it the only position?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Plisken
It's yours and you seem to be decrying it.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@disgusted
What is being decried exactly?  To be clear I am supportive of full citizenship vs subjected citizenship.  Absent of the moral issues, I also think a free citizenry with a government that is instituted for the people is in the best interest of the nation in the long term.
KingLaddy01
KingLaddy01
-->
@disgusted
In text, yes.
In spirit, no.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
There's a reason that freedom is more important than longevity. Everyone dies, not everyone gets the luxury of living free.

Being held in stasis in the matrix of government run opium dens assuring a long productive life supporting the elite state isn't the first choice of most people.

Dying in the prime of your life to ensure people remain free is.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Greyparrot
Dying in the prime of your life to ensure people remain free is
What a load of crap.

whatthef
whatthef
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Good for her...   

Should had Aim for the heads thou... 

Oh yeah, this isn't a  liberal or conservative conversation. 

The conversation is, did she had the right do shoot at the introuders?  The answer is overwhelming Yes!

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Plisken
I know of one too, where a man came to the door asking for water, and after being taken in and helped, beat the single home owner to death.  How can we reconcile a society where such men can not learn to help themselves, that they are left to their own destruction?
My example is not same as yours. The home owner in both cases shot the person without cause.

As have many police for no reason.  Do you watch the news last few years?

Who was that shot the hooded boy Trevor martin?

Then we have a whole history of whites shooting or hanging blacks without reaonable cause.

I'm not sure how Obama made out of white house alive. He must have had good security.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@mustardness
I realize that your example is not the same as mine.  I stopped watching the news years ago, but I read it regularly.  The secret service is pretty good at what they do, but it's likely that a modern president will have to come to terms with an attempt on their life.  I believe Barack Obama benefited politically from pundits appealing to racists, personally. I'm not sure about Clinton.  Unlike Obama, she embraced sexism/racism.  Being a proffessional victim is a poor choice for the presidential elections, so I think that she probably wasn't able to utilize her gender for political gain, and wasn't able to counter actual female-sexism, but maybe it canceled out.

• April 2009: A plot to assassinate Obama at the Alliance of Civilizations summit in Istanbul, Turkey was discovered after a man of Syrian origins carrying forged Al-JazeeraTV press credentials was found. The man confessed to the Turkish security services details of his plan to kill Obama with a knife with three alleged accomplices.[78]
  • November 2011: Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez hit the White House with several rounds fired from a semi-automatic rifle. No one was injured. However, a window was broken.[79] He was sentenced to 25 years in prison.[80]
  • April 2013: Another attempt was made when a letter laced with ricin, a deadly poison, was sent to President Obama.[81]
  • October 2018: A package that contained a pipe bomb was sent to former President Obama at his home in Washington, D.C. The package was intercepted by Secret Service.[82][83]

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@mustardness
Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Plisken
who was found not guilty in a court of law.
linate
linate
the law isn't that you can just shoot anyone who comes uninvited into your house. is it automatically justifiable to shoot them if they have a weapon? i wouldn't say so, but they do have a presumption in their favor. we don't know enough facts from the OP link to say whether it was justifiable, unless your argument is that it's automatic when they are uninvited and have a weapon. 
linate
linate
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
is it your position that if someone goes into another person's house uninvited, and they have a weapon, that the homeowner has an absolute right to shoot that person if there are no other mitigating factors?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@linate
Read the story, if you are asking it's clear you didn't. 
linate
linate
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
what facts am i missing? that he kicked in the door? that does help the woman's case, but it's not a slam dunk, unless you think a person has an absolute right to shoot someone in the situation i described and that you posted. 

it's a simple question... someone is in your house uninvited and has a weapon, do you have an absolute right to shoot them based on those basic details alone?