U.S. Governors Mafia DP4

Author: ILikePie5

Read-only
Total: 311
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I noticed that dp1 Wylted kept trying to manipulate me to vote siranonymous or best korea instead of whiteflame. This was not his typical trolling nonsense, he really genuinely was doing it. That's why I figured if Wylted is scum, so is WF, that was my real secret reasoning beyond wanting them to dumbread me as they assumed i was second-guessing the Wylted read which I really wasn't. I was worried Supa would fuck up and OT to me though, that was true.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
as soon as I went offline for a while, Barney and Wylted genuinely push on best Korea suddenly, which siranonymous blindly follows sure but would siranonymous be that obvious as a third? No, furthermore Siranon's role as mafia with GP being his role as Town makes no mod-forming sense even for role madness.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
IF GP = T

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
sorry I'm t yping something
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I pressed tab and enter by accident as an instinct from coding LOL
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Greyparrot
Just got out of the shower, and had a thought.

We had a purifier... If you're a third party arsonist or something like that, well played! 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If GP = T
      Barney+WF = suspect pool, plausibly both,
        //yakuza in play so not necessarily at all.
      WF confirmed real roleblocker by Siranon,
        //assuming WF jailed SA as WF didn't
Else
 GP = Scum so Theme is implying mafia fakeclaimed and is actually a male democrat.
     //SA breadcrumbed being a female republican very early on, perhaps this means he knew the theme and breadcrumbed being his polar opposite.
    Need to determine why Barney acted so scummy all game and why WF added ridiculous 'extra' votes dp2 and dp3 and withheld information that spotted contradictions in even what I was saying.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
cool the update makes tabbing work
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
wait no that's just with spaces it lets happen

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Now I know how Barney and Oromagi make those stupid tables
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
   //assuming WF jailed SA as WF didn't
didn't confirm this ^
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I go now for several hours, please do not rush this dp at all.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
I am not 3rd party. Guess today is mylo?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
Also I visited you again last night.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
I tracked Barney. He visited no one.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Based off the results of the wagon DP3 and their behavior, I was absolutely convinced that Whiteflame and Barney were scum. However, Barney visiting no one has me questioning that conclusion, but not to a huge degree. Mafia almost certainly has a role blocker, since my action failed NP2. Thus, one of them role blocked and one of them NK'ed, so both scum must have visited someone. So how can Barney be scum? The most likely answer is that he is a ninja. However, I can't discount the possibility that Greyparrot is mafia and not Barney. RM could be pulling the long con, but I find that enormously unlikely.

I realized that I haven't explained clearly why I scumread Whiteflame and Barney. Basically, neither of them voted for Wylted until he'd already been hammered. The more I've thought about it, the more I agree with RM's initial behavioral read on Whiteflame. It took a while to admit to myself that RM had a point. As for Barney, I noticed that his behavior has followed a pattern that someone (I forget who) used to catch me once when I was scum. That is, scum hunting based on who has bad logic rather than who is behaving scummy. In DP1, I was willing to lynch Best.Korea even though he was a null read because I only had one real scum read. Barney, however, was strongly scumreading him because of the bad logic he was using.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Also, nobody vote until town is ready to agree on a lynch, or mafia can win with a quickhammer.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Greyparrot
It's LYLO.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Alright, so a lot to unpack from the last DP and NP.

So Badger was the White Mage, eh? Seems like a much more powerful Doc. Either he didn't use it well or scum have a work-around (probably strongarm). The High Noon claim didn't match what I could find online and I have no clue what he would have done if we'd gotten to noon and Wylted didn't die. Seems like he would have been sussed pretty hard for it.

Wylted should have been lynched back in DP1. He's been scummy as hell since he claimed "Hitler," which... I mean come on, if it didn't indicate that he had just straight up made it up (looks like he did), then it was clearly either a scum or TP role.

The fact that it took this long to lynch him is partially due to That2's choice to claim vanilla rather than miller in DP2, which was just a bad choice that ended up looking extremely scummy (the miller claim would have been suspect that late, but at least that would have made some sense). That being said, Wylted should've been lynched DP1. Especially when Best.Korea was modkilled, there was no reason to split the vote there at all. That's especially true now that we know, as RM conveniently pointed out for us in post #31, that he actively knew Wylted was scum and was just wanting us "to dumbread me as they assumed i was second-guessing the Wylted read which I really wasn't." So, you know, instead of pursuing an obvious lynch of an obvious scum, RM split the vote DP1 to play his version of 4D chess. Great.

Well, at least we finally got him. I do agree with one thing he's said so far this DP - that we shouldn't rush this DP at all. GP, this isn't MYLO, it's LYLO. We have no choice but to lynch someone - a no lynch is not an option. 

So, we need to start parsing through everyone that's left in this game. Not too many at this stage.

My only strong townread right now is SirAnon. He's made a couple of moves that have stood out to me as odd over the course of this game, but all of his responses to my sussing him over them have been very townie. He's owned each choice, and they're all strange choices for scum to make. For example, I don't think scum would out that they knew Austin's character claim after he was already dead. It's a weird flex that only draws attention to him.

My townread of RM has weakened, but I still think he's likely town. This choice to try to outsmart scum by getting them to "dumbread" him seems like something RM would do, though I can't say if it comes off as more townie or just an excuse to delay getting Wylted lynched as long as possible. The continuous attempt to flummox everyone by talking about third party roles is also just confounding, but I expected RM to be conspiratorial, so I guess it fits. 

So, by process of elimination, it's Barney and GP. I don't think either has really done enough to stand out as either scum or town, but I'm leaning more towards GP as likely scum. I don't buy this argument that GP's claimed compulsive visitor somehow dovetails with the tracker role - it almost seems built to frustrate a tracker, and for all we know, scum have their own roles that the compulsive visitor is meant to frustrate. This is the first time I've even seen a compulsive visitor in a game, and it honestly just looks like someone did a quick search down a list of mafia roles to find something innocuous that they could use to explain why they visited someone during the previous DP. Barney's claim of BP makes some sense given that Austin was convertible to a 1X Vig - a self-protective role makes some sense, especially if his character claim is accurate. The mistakes in his posts actually make me think he's more likely to be town, since I don't think his scum team would let him post half-finished versions, though that's a bit of WIFOM thinking.

Anyway, posting this late to get out all my thoughts. Would really like SirAnon's results from the last NP.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@RationalMadman
GP being scum means the theme was male democrats and that mafia got away with a fakeclaim.
That2 was Gavin Newsome, D-California, so that theme doesn't work.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@SirAnonymous
There just has to be a tracker to go along with compulsive visitor. Assuming barney cant nullify you, who do you think is skum?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Wow, guess I should've refreshed before I posted that.

Looks like you visited Barney. Good that you were able to actually do it this time, at least gives us something to work with. We should be careful with those results, since, as you suggested, they could be tampered with. 

As for your points against me, you realize that I was first and longest on the lynch against Wylted, right? In DP1, I got on his lynch wagon and never left. I also stated early in DP2 that I was absolutely fine lynching him, but that I wanted to consider all of our options. I'll also note that, at the time, Badger had claimed that he would die the next day at noon by his Vig. I had been interested in seeing that out.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
Wrong knight.
As for your points against me, you realize that I was first and longest on the lynch against Wylted, right? In DP1, I got on his lynch wagon and never left. I also stated early in DP2 that I was absolutely fine lynching him, but that I wanted to consider all of our options.
You're smart enough to bus.
I'll also note that, at the time, Badger had claimed that he would die the next day at noon by his Vig. I had been interested in seeing that out.
I'll look at that tomorrow.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
The fact that Wylted has an investigator proof role does make it less likely that there's a ninja, though.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Greyparrot
Scum is likely between you, WF, and Barney. Pick two.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@SirAnonymous
The fact that Wylted has an investigator proof role does make it less likely that there's a ninja, though.
Knights > Ninjas
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
I'm off for the night.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Absolutely, my good sir. 

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
My bad - I've been bouncing back and forth from this to a vote removal I was looking at for one of his debates. The right knight this time.

I can't recall a time that I've bussed that early in any of my games as scum, but yes, I guess that's possible. Seems odd to sus me for not immediately hopping on his lynch in DP2 when I was on board throughout DP1.

Calling it a night myself.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@SirAnonymous
Also, nobody vote until town is ready to agree on a lynch, or mafia can win with a quickhammer.
Agreed.