My Favorite Anime Character's Mafia DP1

Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 208
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I really don’t like Austin buddying me. He also seems to be going for low hanging fruit in the form of inactives 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
Wylted claimed genre and sex. You're up next.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
Let me explain this more clearly since he might not realize it. I don't think miller claims make pie more likely to be scum than town. I think it raises the likelihood to 50% likely to be scum. With the rest of the players are approximately 33% to be scum it means that the policy lynch is the smartest move if no additional information comes up. It doesn't mean I scum read the player or anything like that. Policy lynch does not equal scum read. Simple as.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Let me explain this more clearly since he might not realize it. I don't think miller claims make pie more likely to be scum than town. I think it raises the likelihood to 50% likely to be scum. With the rest of the players are approximately 33% to be scum it means that the policy lynch is the smartest move if no additional information comes up. It doesn't mean I scum read the player or anything like that. Policy lynch does not equal scum read. Simple as.
You’re slowly backtracking from your initial opinion. 
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
"I really don’t like Austin buddying me."
I'm not buddying you - I'm merely pointing out that your miller claim is unlikely to be a fake claim, and that policy lynching likely town is generally a poor idea. Mafia is usually won through POE rather than perfect scumreads.

"He also seems to be going for low hanging fruit in the form of inactives"
Considering that most active players (I don't count Earth as an active player) are leaning town, POE would suggest that at least one of the inactive players is probably mafia. It's the random voting stage anyway, so any lynch would be equally arbitrary. The reason why it appears that I'm going for "low hanging fruit" is that I honestly don't see anything scummy about the current active players. You're probably town, That2 and whiteflame are leaning town, badger and Wylted are tilt town, while SirAnon and BK are pretty null.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
I'll explain my reads more later after I get back from dinner.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re slowly backtracking from your initial opinion. 
When I fully backtrack I will deny my original opinion TWS style
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
@AustinL0926
Yes indeed.

I’m male and the genre is sci-fi as well.

I’ll bounce it over to Austin next.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
@SirAnonymous
My character is male, genre is drama.

I'll choose SirAnonymous to go next (no particular reason for doing so, I just don't have any scumreads so I'm choosing my most null read)

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count
Austin[1/6] iLikePie5
SirAnonymous [1/6] badger
Sir.Lancelot [3/6] whiteflame, Austin, PREZ-HILTON
crystalynx [1/6] That2User

“The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.”

The DP ends in ~12 hours
crystalynx
Debates: 0
crystalynx
-->
@ILikePie5
Hi. I'm here catching up.
Suffering from burnout really bad and had a super busy week

To my understanding, Pie has claimed but no one else and we're discussing the themes of the game to figure stuff out yes?

I know a good many anime. I think Pie asked that earlier

one piece, ttgl, kill la kill, my hero academia, FMA, death note, fairy  tail a little etc.
crystalynx
Debates: 0
crystalynx
I'm willing to soft claim with genre and sex if that's a good idea
Best.Korea
Debates: 270
Best.Korea
Here is what I observe so far

SirAnon - neutral
badger - neutral
Pie - Town
Lancelot - completely inactive. If scum, well played. 
Whiteflame - close to neutral, slightly town
PREZ-HILTON - bit suspicious 
Austin - bit suspicious
That2 - neutral
Earth - neutral
crystalynx - not much activity
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
@crystalynx
We should follow the soft claim order as it’s been building. That being said, SirAnon (who is next to do it) could pick you as the next person to provide this information, so please be prepared to respond.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
@Best.Korea
Genre: Mecha/drama
Sex: Male

BK is next
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@SirAnonymous
@crystalynx
Genre: adventure, fantasy
Sex: Male

crystalynx should be next.
whiteflame
whiteflame
I'll go ahead and start compiling these.

1. SirAnon - Genre: Mecha/Drama, Sex: Male
2. badger
3. Pie - Genre: Action/Sci-Fi, Sex: Male (Koro-sensei from Assassination Classroom)
4. Lancelot
5. Whiteflame - Genre: Sci-Fi, Sex: Male
6. PREZ-HILTON - Genre: Sci-Fi, Sex: Female
7. Austin
8. Best.Korea - Genre: Adventure/Fantasy, Sex: Male
9. That2
10. Earth
11. crystalynx

Pretty sure I've got everyone. Let me know if I've missed any.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
You missed austin.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
My bad. Added.

1. SirAnon - Genre: Mecha/Drama, Sex: Male
2. badger
3. Pie - Genre: Action/Sci-Fi, Sex: Male (Koro-sensei from Assassination Classroom)
4. Lancelot
5. Whiteflame - Genre: Sci-Fi, Sex: Male
6. PREZ-HILTON - Genre: Sci-Fi, Sex: Female
7. Austin - Genre: Drama, Sex: Male
8. Best.Korea - Genre: Adventure/Fantasy, Sex: Male
9. That2
10. Earth
11. crystalynx

PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
Lancelot - completely inactive. If scum, well played. 
It's actually not well played. As somebody we know is a light poster like earth being inactive doesn't mean much but from Lancelot who I would classify as a hyper poster, at least outside of mafia it seems scummy. 

He is definitely in my scum pile but I may be willing to back off with a character claim. I will wait to see how suspicious his claim looks
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
The only shows I have seen are one punch man and death note. I saw that hero academy movie but not the show. 

I would have a hard time determining their genre, especially when I consider anime a genre and kind of just group them all together.

Can somebody tell me if any of the above shows would be considered sci-fi? I guess one punch man maybe classified as superhero, the other two possibly sci fi but it might be a stretch. Not sure
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
One Punch Man is classified as sci-fi/supernatural, though I'd say it's more action with sci-fi and supernatural elements, Death Note is a supernatural mystery/thriller, and My Hero Academia is action/adventure with supernatural elements.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I believe that the DP ends soon.

If anyone has anything relevant to say, now is the time to say it.

We didnt get far with genre and sex, with only 6 soft claims out of 11 players.

Lancelot is still completely inactive. I am not in favor of lynching him now. I would prefer if we can get a replacement as soon as possible.

That2User
Debates: 4
That2User
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
Sex: Female
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
Lancelot is still completely inactive. I am not in favor of lynching him now. I would prefer if we can get a replacement as soon as possible.
I agree with this. Frankly, having one completely inactive player (and 2 almost entirely inactive players) has slowed down this DP a lot and, unless Vader is willing to extend it to find a replacement for Lancelot, I don’t think we have the luxury of waiting for more info. So, I’ll give my reads and thoughts on a lynch.

I’m not willing to lynch Lancelot, Earth or Crystal at this point. Their inactivity makes them net harmful to this game and, frankly, it’s frustrating as hell, but at least in the latter 2 cases they’ve said something and, in Lancelot’s case, he just seems distracted by other things on the site since he has been active, but hasn’t posted here. I’m good with considering lynches on any of them next DP if they do this again.

Pie is my strongest townread, not because he claimed Miller, but because of the nature of his character claim. There’s no way he came up with that on the spot and I doubt even a hardcore anime fan would have. It could still be a fake claim given to them by Vader, but I’ve got behavioral reasons for doubting that.

Most other players are coming off as neutral. Wylted is consistently hard to read this early. Badger is engaging more and in the way I’ve seen him do it many times before. BK did have that one weird line about “These are not the types of anime I usually watch,” which may mean he knows more than just Pie’s and his own claim, but I’m seeing mostly town behavior from him, so it balances for now.

That leaves SirAnon, Austin and That2, all of whom I’m lightly scumreading. SirAnon, in particular, has been surprisingly limited in his contributions so far, largely focusing on the Miller claim without providing any meaningful contributions. It all reads as fluff. That2 has been posting pretty normally, but his response to my issue with him putting what he called a placeholder vote on Pie came off as overly defensive, especially as he pushed back on the view that he was trying to start a wagon. Also, his decision to skip the order without explanation stands out, though I can’t say whether it’s anti-town or scummy yet. Austin is my weakest scum read, but a combination of being a tad too defensive in response to Pie stood out to me. He was lighter with Badger, so it’s hard to tell if he’s just being a bit more responsive to a stronger reason to sus him, but I’m on the fence about it.

So if we had to pick a lynch, I’d go with SirAnon, though I’ll settle for a character claim if we can’t get the votes with so many inactives. At this point, I will not be satisfied with a soft claim, so if we don’t get an extension and/or the votes to push a claim, that will be my aim at the start of the next DP.

Unvote
VTL SirAnon
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
@SirAnonymous
I would prefer to go after austin, but its not possible at this point.
Since there is little time left, I will try and help whiteflame to get character claim from SirAnonymous who is my neutral read, since whiteflame is slightly town in my read.

VTL SirAnonymous

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@whiteflame
@Best.Korea
My character is Kamina from Gurren Laggan.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
48 hours for DP1 is not a lot of time to pick a lynch.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@SirAnonymous
Might as well get some info DP1, since we're running out of time, so...

Vtl SirAnonymous

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Oops, was typing on my phone and didn't see that.