Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 154
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Dead

That2 - ?????
Wylted: Sosuke Aizen from Bleach. After being an ally to Gotei 13, you end up betraying them to achieve your vision, manipulating everyone in one of the most shocking twists in anime history by faking your own death. You combine master intelligence with your insane abilities. Because of your manipulation and shock among the others with your abilities, you are the Godfather JOAT. You have the following abilities along with coming up innocent on reports.

Ninja (you will not be seen on tracker reports)
Roleblocker (prevent someone’s action from being performed
Janitor (kill info won’t be reveal)
Strongman (kill anyone no matter healed/blocked)

You can use these abilities 1x in the NP. Win with the mafia.

Barney: Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. You are a state alchemist in the Empire that is a cocky bastard. However, after the death of your colleague, you search far and wide to try and solve the mystery of their death. However, when you discover the truth behind the Empire, you decide to team with Edward and Alphonse to discover the truth and take the throne. Because of your successful investigation, you are the Cop. Each night you may choose 1 person to investigate. They may either come up as guilty or innocent. Win with the town.
==================
1. SirAnon
2. whiteflame
3. Pie
4. Best Korea
5. Austin
6.  crystalynx
7. badger
8. Earth

8alive, 5 to lynch
DP ends 3/5 11AM EST

Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
@SirAnonymous
@crystalynx
@badger
@AustinL0926
mafia
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
@Best.Korea
mafia
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
Wait… wtf happened to Earth?
whiteflame
whiteflame
Well, it’s frustrating to lose the Cop, particularly as we don’t know what he did during NP1. Oh well, was pretty obvious who he was, though I wouldn’t have pegged Roy Mustang as the Cop.

At this point, it’s pretty clear that both Pie and SirAnon are town. We’re likely at 6-2 now (assuming something weird didn’t happen to Earth and Vader just left him out) with Wylted dead. The split is most definitely villains vs. everyone else, given the flip. Personally, I’d like to get character claims from everyone at this stage. I think I know who BK is and, if I’m right, he’s town. Would still like a claim to confirm that.

So that leaves Earth, Crystal, and Badger. I think I know who Crystal is based on his soft claim. Earth is trickier - action/thriller encompasses a lot of anime and I think it could be one of several options. Badger, on the other hand, I think I know, and I’m scumreading it. Austin remains plausible scum at this point, though I’m less certain of that now. As such, current PoE puts it down to Badger, Austin or Earth, and I still favor the former two, if just barely.

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
So we lost cop since dp1... great.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
My character is Sabo, one piece anime.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
My character is Sabo, one piece anime.
Figured you were probably a character from One Piece, a bit surprised by the choice. Going to put that in the null pile.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Earth
You didn’t get killed or removed from the game, right?
Vader
Vader
-->
@whiteflame
Whoops. Earth is alive too
Vader
Vader
-->
@Earth
mafia
Vader
Vader
Earth is still alive! 8 alive 5 to lynch
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Vader
It’s all good.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
If it is:
6 - 2

Then if we mislynch it will be:
4 - 2

At that point, we no lynch to make it:
3 - 2.

Different scenario:

If it is:
5 - 2

Then if we mislynch it will be:
3 - 2.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
From my understanding, there are some explanations for why wylted didnt take that2's role as his own:

1) That2 role is not good

2) Wylted was sacrificed and scum is saving that2's role for final use.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
I think the simpler explanation is that Wylted was pushed to soft claim and then character claim in DP1 before he got that info, which meant he couldn’t use it. As for why he didn’t give one of his partners the opportunity to do so, I can chalk that up to three reasons, though I don’t think he considered most of them:

1) I had correctly determined who That2 was, so it would have been an obvious fake out.
2) Vader had previously used the role as written in a Fairy Tail mafia game, so it would have been sussed.
3) We had already locked in soft claims from most people by then, so there was limited wiggle room for only a few people (it’s part of the reason I’m not sussing Crystal or Earth much - they would have taken the claim and didn’t have any soft claims up to that point).
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I'm Nagi Seishiro, a lazy soccer player, therefore vanilla. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
I sincerely doubt that Wylted went and dredged up the previous role for Erza Scarlet to bolster his fake claim. It’s much more likely that he used That2’s claim to support his own already, as he did by claiming that he could confirm his role by giving me 3 options as to what could appear in my PM. It wasn’t a smart use of it because a) it was obvious that it was a different character, and b) I wouldn’t have gotten any of those ability names in a PM if they had been used on me.
badger
badger
ngl I have no idea what's going on atm but I'm town. I embody my character absolutely. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
Alright, so Nagi from Blue Lock. Odd choice, don’t even know if Vader is watching ongoing series. Not what I would have expected from a sports anime from him, either. Love the series, personally.
badger
badger
Well I mean I didn't make it up. There's that. 

I'd have made myself the dude from GTO. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
I mean, Onizuka would be a ballsy fake claim, I’ll give it that. Don’t know if the show is his cup of tea. What I like less about your claim is that you gave “drama” as your genre. It’s definitely got genre elements, but it’s clearly a sports anime. Calling it a “drama” seems like a really opportune way to avoid being pigeonholed into a given series.
badger
badger
-->
@whiteflame
I mean, Onizuka would be a ballsy fake claim, I’ll give it that. Don’t know if the show is his cup of tea. What I like less about your claim is that you gave “drama” as your genre. It’s definitely got genre elements, but it’s clearly a sports anime. Calling it a “drama” seems like a really opportune way to avoid being pigeonholed into a given series.

I just picked what was closest in the lists you were keeping. I did also say I was going doing the thing yesterday evening and that it's my Thursday 5PM, that fairly tied me down. Also in D1 I wrote that I could conceivably be my character more than the rest of you, not that I'm any superstar soccer player or anything, but I have been playing it my entire life where all you Americans probably haven't. I'd say I gave myself very little wiggle room. 
badger
badger
I think Austin's actually mafia and the whole silencing thing was a ploy. Wylted was too blatant in the thread yesterday supposedly trying to get Austin killed. Also a clever little game to recruit Supa to their deception. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
2 out of these 4 are scum:
Austin
crystalynx
badger
Earth

I think we should push for full claims from them. We already got a claim from badger.

whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@badger
I’m considering it. Right now I’m putting you in the slightly scummy pile, but that’s where I already had you. Austin looks scummier.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
We have a character claim from Austin as well, but yes, character claims from Earth and Crystal are required.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Earth
@crystalynx
Your character claims are needed.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
Alright, so in order to compensate for my unfortunate silencing yesterday, I’m going to dump a wall of all my current thoughts and reads on the game. I had to cut this a bit short since class is starting in a few minutes, so I will expand more on this later. 

Probably town: 
-SirAnon: had a successful tracker result on Wylted, who flipped scum. In addition, based on his behavior DP1, it seems like a typical power role trying not to draw too much attention. It could be bussing, but I highly doubt it, considering that people were still wavering on Wylted before he reported his results. 
-Pie: since we have a confirmed Cop, it was pretty likely there’s a Miller as well. The absence of any counterclaims makes me reasonably sure he’s town. It’s a bit weird that scum hasn’t NKed him, but we could chalk it down to them focusing on power roles. 
Slight town: 
-badger: his claim seems reasonable, if a little bit obscure. I don’t really have much else to say at this time, since he hasn’t contributed much. 
Null:  
-crystalnyx, for obvious reasons 
-Earth, for similar obvious reasons 
-BK: he seems to be lurking a lot. At this point, his posts have fallen into one of two categories: sheeping the town leaders, and Information Instead of Analysis. So while I am a bit suspicious about him, I do have some gut feel that it’s possible that he’s a town simply trying not to draw too much attention to himself. 
I would presume that at least one (and maybe two) of these three is scum, by process of PoE. 
Slight scum: 
Whiteflame: OK, so you all are probably wondering what the hell I’m thinking putting whiteflame into my slight scum pile. It’s partially because of PoE, and partially because of a feeling that he should’ve been eliminated by now. 
He’s clearly leaning town behaviorally – however, I think someone mentioned last game that whiteflame is a lot calmer as scum than town. It’s possible that whiteflame caught on to this, and changed his behavior accordingly. 
He’s also been leading town, along with Pie, and I honestly feel that it’s very weird that scum hasn’t even tried to NK him, especially considering his soft claim DP1. 
In addition, his behavior DP2 is pretty weird. Considering he’s an experienced Mafia player, I’m surprised he didn’t recognize my signal of being silenced on DP2 (it’s a fairly standard signal, and Earth recognized it, while Wylted probably did too but didn’t focus on it because he was scum). 
Instead of considering any alternative explanations for VTNLing and unvoting three times in a row, he immediately moved to go for a lynch on me. Also, he didn’t even ask me for an explanation for what I am doing – something which he would subconsciously do, if he was scum, and knew that I couldn’t reply anyway. 
He was also one of the latest switchers to Wylted, switching from voting on me, to Wylted, only at the last possible moment, when it was clear that Wylted was going to be lynched anyway. Based on his meta in past games, whiteflame doesn’t like bussing, so he probably tried to avoid it, whether intentionally or not. 
Furthermore, when he did finally switch onto Wylted, he tried to compensate for his lateness by writing a suspiciously angry and personal post for his reasons for lynching, in order to make it look like he was sussing Wylted the whole time. 
I have some other mechanical (night play) reasons for being suspicious, but I’ll keep that quiet for now. 

AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
"I think Austin's actually mafia and the whole silencing thing was a ploy. Wylted was too blatant in the thread yesterday supposedly trying to get Austin killed. Also a clever little game to recruit Supa to their deception. "
That would have been a very risky play, considering that I only got away with not being modkilled because Supa admitted he hadn't specifically put a "no spamming" rule. Also, it would have been a dumb play as well, for me to do that.t  I think it was more likely that scumteam noticed that I was being a little bit sussed at the end of last DP, and decided it would be a good idea to silence me, so I wouldn't be able to defend myself next DP - ahem, whiteflame.