-->
@ILikePie5
Did you get silenced?
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
If you got silenced, vote me then unvote again. 
If you got silenced and have information to share, vote BK then unvote again.
If you didn't get silenced... then just post I guess.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
VTL Austin
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Unvote
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Well, this would seem to confirm that scum has a multi-shot silencer - which, by the way, will be absolutely broken in lategame.
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
At this point I am ready to lynch Austin even if there is no logical reason to do so.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Suffice it to say that I’ve got multiple problems with these posts, including how you’ve chosen to sus me.

First, I don’t see any responses in any of the reasons I sussed you in the previous DP. For all you say that I was trying to silence you, I had legitimate reasons for sussing both your claim and your behavior, and I’m not the only one who has expressed those. Interesting, then, that your decision was to give a wall of text containing reads instead of addressing any of that.

Second, the reads themselves are just baffling. You spent half of the post focused entirely on me and give exceptionally short shrift to anyone else. That’s particularly interesting for someone who doesn’t was forcibly silenced all of the last DP. I understand not having time now to write everything up, but you clearly had time over that DP to write up a great deal on me and little for anyone else. You also got several details wrong and omitted quite a bit. SirAnon isn’t a tracker - he’s a watcher. Not sure why you’d find it weird that Pie hasn’t been NK’d when he’s a non-PR. Not sure why you find badger’s claim believable, why you’re townreading him at all, or why you’re saying that he hasn’t contributed much (he’s got plenty of posts in this game). And that’s the sole analysis of anyone’s character claims to boot, entirely excluding BK’s claim despite him being in the null, possibly scum, pile. Also, no, there are not 4 scum in this game (that would be absolutely unbalanced), so I’m not sure why you’re still suggesting it’s a possibility.

Third, your reasons for sussing me just seem to be throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Seeing a lot of WIFOM thinking, both of me and of scum. I had Wylted on my scum list early in DP2, and I straight up said early on that I wanted more soft claims before pursuing a lynch. Switching early would have been the sus choice after making that clear. Hell, you did it yourself in DP1, posting a vote against Wylted way after the point where it could have been meaningful, as if to buy town cred off of a poor claim. The only somewhat valid issue is my response to his being silenced. Despite being pretty experienced, this is my first time being exposed to any silencing role like this. And no, I didn’t just sus you for that choice. Ignoring the other reasons you’re being sussed to focus on this one is deflecting. You’ve claimed a character from Monster, an anime with a villain (Johan) that is widely loved in the anime community, similarly to Aizen from Bleach and another villain that I haven’t mentioned yet. The likely reason for your claim is to avoid any potential CC’s by stepping out from your anime. 

Also, now that I’ve seen that Pie’s been silenced, we at least have confirmation that there’s a silencer. I’ll note that that confirmation does not demonstrate that the user is scum, nor does the choice to target any given user serve as confirmation of their alignment. Even if we assume that the silencer role is a scum role, I could see scum using it as a way to make themselves look more townie while losing basically nothing.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@ILikePie5
I am absolutely willing to pursue a full claim from Austin, including justification. I’d like character claims from both Crystal and Earth this DP as well.

Pie, who is your preference for a lynch this DP? I’m guessing Austin based on your vote/unvote, but please do it again if you confirm that.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I aint waiting for pie.

VTL Austin
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL Austin
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
Suffice it to say that I’ve got multiple problems with these posts, including how you’ve chosen to sus me.
OK.

First, I don’t see any responses in any of the reasons I sussed you in the previous DP. For all you say that I was trying to silence you, I had legitimate reasons for sussing both your claim and your behavior, and I’m not the only one who has expressed those. Interesting, then, that your decision was to give a wall of text containing reads instead of addressing any of that.
You sussed me DP1 based on a "gut read." WTF was I supposed to say to that?

Second, the reads themselves are just baffling. You spent half of the post focused entirely on me and give exceptionally short shrift to anyone else. That’s particularly interesting for someone who doesn’t was forcibly silenced all of the last DP. I understand not having time now to write everything up, but you clearly had time over that DP to write up a great deal on me and little for anyone else.
I wrote this during homeroom in 20 minutes, since I wanted to post some reads and stir up some activity this DP. As for why I didn't write it yesterday, I was busy studying for a math and biology test, and I also lost interest in a while, since, believe it or not, being silenced tends to restrict your participation.

You also got several details wrong and omitted quite a bit. SirAnon isn’t a tracker - he’s a watcher. Not sure why you’d find it weird that Pie hasn’t been NK’d when he’s a non-PR. Not sure why you find badger’s claim believable, why you’re townreading him at all, or why you’re saying that he hasn’t contributed much (he’s got plenty of posts in this game). And that’s the sole analysis of anyone’s character claims to boot, entirely excluding BK’s claim despite him being in the null, possibly scum, pile. Also, no, there are not 4 scum in this game (that would be absolutely unbalanced), so I’m not sure why you’re still suggesting it’s a possibility.
1. My bad
2. It makes more sense for scum to NK someone who's basically unlynchable IMO. It may be a difference in philosophy, but I don't see why it's invalid.
3. I didn't have time go through his posts, ill do that later
4. I don't have much knowledge about anime (or Supa), so I can't really comment on the character claims.
5. I never suggested there were 4 scum.

Third, your reasons for sussing me just seem to be throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Seeing a lot of WIFOM thinking, both of me and of scum. I had Wylted on my scum list early in DP2, and I straight up said early on that I wanted more soft claims before pursuing a lynch. Switching early would have been the sus choice after making that clear.
How was I supposed to claim when I was literally silenced? Your reasoning doesn't hold up.

Hell, you did it yourself in DP1, posting a vote against Wylted way after the point where it could have been meaningful, as if to buy town cred off of a poor claim.
I did it so that if I was killed during the night, people would know who I suspected. Basically a scumread disguised as an OMGUS.

The only somewhat valid issue is my response to his being silenced. Despite being pretty experienced, this is my first time being exposed to any silencing role like this. And no, I didn’t just sus you for that choice. Ignoring the other reasons you’re being sussed to focus on this one is deflecting. You’ve claimed a character from Monster, an anime with a villain (Johan) that is widely loved in the anime community, similarly to Aizen from Bleach and another villain that I haven’t mentioned yet. The likely reason for your claim is to avoid any potential CC’s by stepping out from your anime. 
Now it's just getting unreasonable... if I was scum, I would probably have a fakeclaim anyway, which would negate counterclaims regardless. So this actually proves my point.

Also, now that I’ve seen that Pie’s been silenced, we at least have confirmation that there’s a silencer. I’ll note that that confirmation does not demonstrate that the user is scum, nor does the choice to target any given user serve as confirmation of their alignment. Even if we assume that the silencer role is a scum role, I could see scum using it as a way to make themselves look more townie while losing basically nothing.
That's fair enough.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
At this point I am ready to lynch Austin even if there is no logical reason to do so.
And sure, let's skip right over this post from BK.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
"I am absolutely willing to pursue a full claim from Austin, including justification."
That would be a fairly poor idea, btw, for reasons that I won't reveal but are implied in and of themselves by my not revealing them.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
Unvote
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
VTL Austin
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@ILikePie5
If you have something you want to mention, or a read you found, then VTNL.

We can then work out a system using yes-or-no questions.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Beginning to think that you might actually be distracted as you say because some of these responses don’t really engage with what I’m saying.

That “gut read” is from DP1, before I ever VTLd you. The reasoning is in DP2, which I pointed out already.

I still think it’s strange that you simultaneously didn’t have time to give any details for your reasoning regarding other players, but had plenty to detail your thoughts on me. I’m not calling you out for not having time - I’m calling you out for how you chose to use the time you did have.

Not having much knowledge of anime didn’t prevent you from townreading Badger over his claim, and if you had other reasons for doing so, you’re not being forthcoming about them.

I didn’t request that you claim in DP2. You had already claimed your character - why would I seek a soft claim from you then? I said I wanted more soft claims in DP2, not that I wanted yours.

Your reason for VTLing Wylted late still doesn’t make sense. The opportunity was available to you to VTL him anytime during DP1. You’re simultaneously sussing me for hopping late on the lynch while giving yourself a pass for a toothless vote past the end of DP1 because you just needed to inform us? Please.

We don’t know if scum has a fake claim, and even if they do, there is likely only one since Wylted clearly didn’t use it. So dismissing my response as “I wouldn’t do this as scum because I’d just use a fake claim” is BS logic and more WIFOM thinking.

We do know that scum is very likely to be all villains. We know that there are a small subset of anime where the villains are the most generally beloved characters. Monster is one of those series. You claimed a character from Monster that isn’t the villain. I admit, that understanding comes from my knowledge of the anime, which is biased by general trends among fans, and my attempt to understand Vader’s choices in character selection, most of which I have been spot on about (called Erza, Roy Mustang, and Kamina so far). It’s possible that Vader is a big fan of the MC of Monster and doesn’t care as much for the villain. I think that’s a far less likely option based on what I know of him. You can call that unreasonable, but it seems like a pretty self-explanatory way of narrowing down what is and isn’t a fake claim in this game. Supa clearly likes charismatic villains a la Aizen. Johan is a well-known and well-loved charismatic villain.

So, yes, despite your protestations, I’m pushing to get your full claim. VTL Austin.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
And sure, let's skip right over this post from BK.
Wouldn’t say that post implicates him either way. He seems to be a stubborn player from what I’ve seen in this and the previous game. I think scum would make a case for his reasoning, but I null read the behavior.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
"Kenzo Tenma from Monster"

So you are a doctor?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Beginning to think that you might actually be distracted as you say because some of these responses don’t really engage with what I’m saying.
Yes, that's what tends to happen when I try to type coherent responses during passing periods.

That “gut read” is from DP1, before I ever VTLd you. The reasoning is in DP2, which I pointed out already.
Ok, let's see that reasoning:

Dude was behaving oddly in DP1, but his claim set me off. I suspect that he claimed another MC from Monster to avoid getting CC’d on a fake claim - Johan is far more likely to be Supa’s favorite character from the show. The decision to jump late on the lynch of Wylted at the end there sealed it for me. Suddenly deciding to hop on that bandwagon definitely didn’t sit well. I’m willing to consider a Wylted lynch later, but this DP, the choice is obvious.
Yea... that's wack on several different levels. First of all, if this is all your reasoning is, then your basically admitting that you have no other justification for scumreading me than my character claim - which, again, you have no concrete evidence of the scumminess of. Furthermore, it also doesn't make sense due to simple logic. If I was town, I would have no reason to lie. If I was scum, then I would have a fakeclaim, which Supa would obviously make sure looks legit. It seems more like you're looking for a reason to lynch.

I still think it’s strange that you simultaneously didn’t have time to give any details for your reasoning regarding other players, but had plenty to detail your thoughts on me. I’m not calling you out for not having time - I’m calling you out for how you chose to use the time you did have.
I didn't have much to say, considering the majority of current players haven't contributed a whole ton (BK, crystal, Earth, badger), while SirAnon and Pie are more or less the towncore.

Not having much knowledge of anime didn’t prevent you from townreading Badger over his claim, and if you had other reasons for doing so, you’re not being forthcoming about them.
I didn't townread him, I just said that it didn't seem ridiculous (unlike Wylted's claim).

I didn’t request that you claim in DP2. You had already claimed your character - why would I seek a soft claim from you then? I said I wanted more soft claims in DP2, not that I wanted yours.
OK, I understand that now.

Your reason for VTLing Wylted late still doesn’t make sense. The opportunity was available to you to VTL him anytime during DP1. You’re simultaneously sussing me for hopping late on the lynch while giving yourself a pass for a toothless vote past the end of DP1 because you just needed to inform us? Please.
The difference is you were clearly active and posting, while not changing your vote, while I simply checked the thread late.

We don’t know if scum has a fake claim, and even if they do, there is likely only one since Wylted clearly didn’t use it. So dismissing my response as “I wouldn’t do this as scum because I’d just use a fake claim” is BS logic and more WIFOM thinking.
Don't tell me you're actually trying to pull the "everything is WIFOM" thing.

We do know that scum is very likely to be all villains. We know that there are a small subset of anime where the villains are the most generally beloved characters. Monster is one of those series. You claimed a character from Monster that isn’t the villain. I admit, that understanding comes from my knowledge of the anime, which is biased by general trends among fans, and my attempt to understand Vader’s choices in character selection, most of which I have been spot on about (called Erza, Roy Mustang, and Kamina so far). It’s possible that Vader is a big fan of the MC of Monster and doesn’t care as much for the villain. I think that’s a far less likely option based on what I know of him. You can call that unreasonable, but it seems like a pretty self-explanatory way of narrowing down what is and isn’t a fake claim in this game. Supa clearly likes charismatic villains a la Aizen. Johan is a well-known and well-loved charismatic villain.
Let's assume for a moment that your reasoning is valid. What am I supposed to do to defend myself? Are you expecting me to fakeclaim Johan?

So, yes, despite your protestations, I’m pushing to get your full claim. VTL Austin.
Fine, I'll consider it. I just messaged Supa asking whether I'm allowing to closely paraphrase my claim, since that's the only way I can get ya'll bloodthirsty people off of me.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Yes, I’m scumreading you chiefly based on your character claim. I don’t think you would be given a character from Monster if it wasn’t Johan, so I anticipated that someone might claim a character from Monster that wasn’t Johan, which would give them an easy opportunity to make a safe fake claim of a different character from the same anime. So when you ask what I was expecting you to do… you did it.

You talk about concrete evidence as though there is any in this game. I didn’t have concrete evidence when I voted against Wylted, though he eventually gave it to me. If you’re only basing decisions on something concrete, you’re not playing mafia very well. And this whole business of you, as scum, using a fake claim is a red herring and you know it. It’s literally WIFOM thinking - what move would I make that would best benefit scum if scum has a fake claim, which is just a weak “what if” scenario. Yes, I get it, you gamed this out so that you’d know the perfect play that you would make as scum and this isn’t it. That still assumes that scum has a fake claim, that it’s a decent fake claim, and that one of the other players on the scum team hasn’t taken it. Not everything is WIFOM thinking, but this absolutely is.

Now you’re just lying. Yes, you did TR Badger and yes, you did include your thoughts about his claim in the reasoning for doing so:
Slight town:
-badger: his claim seems reasonable, if a little bit obscure. I don’t really have much else to say at this time, since he hasn’t contributed much.
That’s a TR, however slight, and it’s based entirely on the claim.

The rest of this response is all just BS about when you voted and why. I don’t trust that you were inactive in the first place, and even if you were, you’re sussing me for being more active than you were before I locked in my vote. Weak reasoning.

Frankly, at this point, you should just be claiming your role. We all know we can paraphrase our justifications, it comes with the territory. Now it just looks like you’re delaying to come up with a better fake claim.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
You have determined That2's character, but what about That2's role? We still dont know what was That2's role as it was hidden.

If scum knows the role, I am assuming they are trying to fit it with their character, assuming the role can be fit.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
All I’ll say for now is that I have strong suspicions as to what That2’s role was. If scum want to risk fake claiming it, have at it.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
@SirAnonymous
@crystalynx
@badger
VTL Austin
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@badger
You think Austin is skilled enough to come up with a gambit like that?
Earth
Earth
Hey guys I am the redirector.
Earth
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Last night I redirected Crystal onto Pie.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
I am saying some roles can probably fit many characters and some characters probably fit many roles.

If we get full claim from austin, it better be a confirmable role.

If he cant confirm it, then first we get claims from crystal and Earth, and only then we decide who to lynch since we can only afford 1 mislynch and we better have over 50% chance on every lynch that follows.