Total: 154
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@SirAnonymous
@crystalynx
@badger
I am going to bed now. Please don't hammer while I'm asleep, that would be a dick and also very anti-town move, considering I still have info. We still have 30 hours left, I hope we all can be patient for a few.

Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
Post that evidence?

Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
Okay, either we lynch him either we go for a claim from crystalynx this dp.
Earth
Earth
We can do both.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Unvote VTL Crystalynx
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@crystalynx
I am not really a fan of going to DP4 with you not posting anything. Your activity is extremely low. I believe a claim is in order.
Earth
Earth
Voting Crystal does nothing if they aren't on.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Earth
There is still over 24 hours of time. If they dont come online, then I would hope they are replaced.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
Ok, I'm here. I watched whiteflame. Nobody visited him.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Trying to rest my hands to give my carpal tunnel time to die down, so I will keep this short.

Austin's claim is quite bizarre. Yes, he was silenced, but that's a safe gambit as scum. I might do that, let alone Wylted.

BK's motivator claim is good.

Town redirector is unusual. Not sure if that's legit or a gambit.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@AustinL0926
Your claim to have evidence combined with your unwillingness to present it even while you're close to being lynched reads more as stalling than as genuine. Let's hear it.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
Want to participate more but typing is not good right now. Sorry.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Not that I think this is necessary now, but let's cover this list of "frustrations":

-Soft claimed DP1, without trying to stall it out till the end of the DP like I could have
The soft claim was "drama" and "male", not exactly a solid lock-in and not what I'd put for monster (drama/thriller makes more sense), but fine, *pat on the back*

-Claimed my character DP1, again without stalling
You would have done this if you already felt secure in your fake claim as well, and you had all of DP1 to do it, so... *pat on the back*

-Tried my best to help town even when I was silenced (and the fact ya'll are overlooking this is astonishing)
Honestly don't get this one. Not sure what you did to help town when silenced. You communicated as you could with VTLs and you claim to have used a Cop and a Doc role during the surrounding night phases. Doesn't seem proof positive to me.

-Claimed role DP2 when pressured - again, I had a reasonable excuse of having a power role, which is why I was hesitant
Actually, that's just straight up wrong. You claimed your role in this DP, DP3. You did so only under pressure when you were already clearly being sussed over the last 2 DPs. And even then, you did an incomplete job. You claimed you had a 1X Doc and a 1X Cop that you used. Then, several posts later, you claimed you have a 1X Vig, a role you could actually confirm that you refused to use despite writing a pretty long screed against me that indicates that you were sussing me from early in DP2 at least. That would be bad enough on its own, but then you waited several posts even later than that to claim that you also have a 1X Tracker, another role that could have been used to at least partially confirm you by stating what someone did during the NP and having them corroborate you. This isn't forthcoming. It reads like you're doing everything you can to prevent a lynch by coming up with new ideas on the fly. It also doesn't help that this is now the 4th role you've claimed you have. Not sure why Erza Scarlet would only get 3, but you would get 4. 

-Gave role justification (I admit I should've done this a bit earlier, but still)
I'll admit the justification kind of works, though why you'd have a Doc, Cop, Tracker and Vig is still beyond me.

Gave my NP1/2 actions
Both of which are extremely convenient, as I mentioned earlier. You would have had reason to claim Cop in DP2, at least initially, to prevent the lynch on Wylted, something you couldn't do since you were silenced. So now, that role provides no confirmation. The use of the Doc also provides no confirmation since SirAnon wasn't the target of the NK. So you might as well have written that you are the Compulsive Visitor who visited 2 random people for all this matters.

There are at least three ways to confirm me as town. They are, respectively:

-Get a claim on crystalynx, who is mechanically likely to be mafia silencer, based on all available evidence
-Let me breadcrumb a vig shot at the end of the DP, then I'll use it during the night
-Let me use my tracker shot, which Siranon can verify
I didn't press on this earlier because I thought it was just that absurd, but let's talk about your plan. Your plan is to get a claim from Crystal, which will somehow provide evidence that you are town. No clue how you make that connection. Seriously, not at all. If Crystal is the silencer as Earth's result suggests (still possible that someone else visited Pie and this is all just coincidental, but I'll assume it for now), that doesn't make him automatic scum nor does it indicate what you are.

As for the rest of this plan... seriously, wtf. If you are breadcrumbing your Vig shot, you're giving scum a chance to stop it, which renders your one means of confirming yourself obsolete. As I indicated above, someone who is town and is playing this knowing that they need to get out from under a likely lynch would use a clearly confirmable role on their likeliest choice for scum. You had 2 opportunities to do that. You didn't take advantage of either one. Not sure why you think we'd give you another chance when you're saying you'll telegraph your target, and especially when you're saying that you'll also simultaneously use your "tracker shot," which no, SirAnon cannot verify. Again, he's the Watcher. He would have to watch whoever your tracked target goes to, which again, means telegraphing your targets and giving scum a chance to intercept. With a redirector on town, we can assume that scum has quite a few ways to fuck with results, as they already did with your purported Cop usage. So, even if we assume this is your role and you're town, why do you think we should trust your result?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
Sorry the pain's so bad. Good to get your Watcher result and, depending on how Austin responds to you, hopefully you'll be able to post a VTL as well.
Earth
Earth
Crystal appeared to be on yesterday.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
(1/3) 

I’ve been thinking about it, and honestly, at this point, I guess I have to tell the truth. I actually am Doctor. My idea was to draw the mafia night kill onto me to they would waste a kill (I can Doc myself, but not two nights in a row), but I suppose that goes out the window now.  

Yes, it was a gambit, but it was a glorious one. If it had worked, it would have been amazing – scum would be in panic at missing a nightkill, I would be able to retroactively confirm myself, and we could’ve gotten an easy lynch on crystalynx, the obvious silencer, the next day, leaving an easy PoE win. Nevertheless, I guess it won’t work due to some bloodthirsty fellow town players, but I don’t regret trying it. In the words of Roosevelt,  

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”  

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
(2/3) 

Now I know what ya’ll are thinking: I’m flailing, it’s was a dumb gambit and I should be policy lynched anyway, lynch all liars, etc. As such, I think the only way to truly “confirm” myself is to copy-paste my role PM – if it wasn’t for the unfortunate fact that it would get me instantly modkilled. As such, I’ve used my role PM, but never quoted more than 5 words at a time, so technically I haven’t actually quoted any significant parts. Is it angleshooting? Yes. Do I have to do it, regardless of the consequences? Yes. 

Austin: Kenzo Tenma from Monster. You are a promising youth neurosurgeon working in a hospital. One day, you prevent Johan Liebert from nearly dying, a decision you come to later remorse. Because of your abilities in saving people, you are the Doctor. Each night you may choose 1 person to protect. If they are targeted by a night death, they will be saved. Succeed with the town. 

The awkward phrasing is because of the random synonyms I added, in case you were curious. So it's technically not quoting or cping.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
(3/3) 

The way I see it, there are two possible consequences of this: 

-Supa modkills me (he shouldn’t, since I technically did ask him if this was fine), leaving an extra lynch for town. This benefits town. 

-I get confirmed as town, making it even easier to PoE the remaining scum. 

Either way, I am trying my best to help town here. I'm going to get breakfast, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone please.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Best.Korea
What are your thoughts on my (actual) fullclaim? BTW please don't revote me, it could give crystalynx a chance to quickhammer - there's nothing stopping them since they're probably going to be lynched next anyway.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
Austin: Kenzo Tenma from Monster. You are a promising youth neurosurgeon working in a hospital. One day, you prevent Johan Liebert from nearly dying, a decision you come to later remorse. Because of your abilities in saving people, you are the Doctor. 
Well, alright, alright. 

So first you wanted for us to let you into DP4 to confirm yourself as vig, and now you admit you are not vig?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Best.Korea
I would have protected myself during NP3, since mafia obviously would target the claimed JOAT (especially one with a vig shot).

Then, since there would be no night kill, I could then reveal my real role, confirming myself - none of the other roles can completely stop a night kill, which means a doctor has to be in play.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
In other words, I would make scum waste a nightkill, confirm myself, and prevent a mislynch. At least that was supposed to happen...
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@AustinL0926
If you claimed that role immediatelly, I would have believed you.
Plus, the doctor that can target himself would have no problem surviving NP with role being revealed.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@SirAnonymous
@crystalynx
@badger
@Best.Korea
I’ve been thinking about it, and honestly, at this point, I guess I have to tell the truth. I actually am Doctor.
Hey, figured you’d eventually do this. Was actually expecting you to claim Doc immediately, given that you chose a character who, at least early on in the series, was a doctor.

So fuck it, let’s have some fun. Straight CC. I’m the Doc.

I’m Okabe Rintarou, the protagonist of Steins;Gate (feel free to check Vader’s profile page, where he lists this, One Piece, FMA, Gurren Lagann and Code Geass as his favorites - they were all guaranteed to sport one player each in this game) a self-proclaimed mad scientist who repeatedly tries to save the life of his lab member Mayuri by sending his mind back in time. I used the Doc on myself and, because BK Motivated me, on my strongest townread, SirAnon, during NP1. I used it on SirAnon again since he claimed Watcher in NP2.

But honestly, no one needs that info at this stage. Austin’s “plan” is so absurd that anyone who had their doubts should be scumreading him at this point. Claiming pure Doc tells us that a) he now has no means to confirm himself, b) he deliberately led us on with a claim that he knew would only make him look scummier to… confuse scum? Seriously, wtf?, c) he doesn’t even tell us who he doc’d in NP1 or 2, so he’s not even willing to detail what he claims he did.

So, yes, for everyone who hasn’t voted to lynch him yet, there’s no question as to who deserves it this DP. Dude’s asking for it at this point. I don’t care if we have to wait for Crystal to claim or to get a role claim from Badger in DP4 (which we absolutely should get). Austin should be lynched now.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
@badger
@Best.Korea
Vote Austin
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Best.Korea
"Plus, the doctor that can target himself would have no problem surviving NP with role being revealed"
Yes, but then mafia would nightkill someone else. The whole purpose of not revealing my role was to make mafia waste a nightkill.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@whiteflame
I’m Okabe Rintarou, the protagonist of Steins;Gate (feel free to check Vader’s profile page, where he lists this, One Piece, FMA, Gurren Lagann and Code Geass as his favorites - they were all guaranteed to sport one player each in this game) a self-proclaimed mad scientist who repeatedly tries to save the life of his lab member Mayuri by sending his mind back in time. I used the Doc on myself and, because BK Motivated me, on my strongest townread, SirAnon, during NP1. I used it on SirAnon again since he claimed Watcher in NP2.
That's a ridiculously weak justification. Furthermore, the fact that you've claimed last lends less credence to your claim, since you could be easily waiting for everyone to reveal until you can do a fake counterclaim.

But honestly, no one needs that info at this stage. Austin’s “plan” is so absurd that anyone who had their doubts should be scumreading him at this point. Claiming pure Doc tells us that a) he now has no means to confirm himself,

??? If I stop a nightkill, I could easily confirm myself.

b) he deliberately led us on with a claim that he knew would only make him look scummier to… confuse scum? Seriously, wtf?,
Yes, I did this to confuse scum into wasting a nightkill. Call it a dumb gambit all you want, but I played to my wincon.

c) he doesn’t even tell us who he doc’d in NP1 or 2, so he’s not even willing to detail what he claims he did.
I docced myself NP1 and SirAnon NP2.

So, yes, for everyone who hasn’t voted to lynch him yet, there’s no question as to who deserves it this DP. Dude’s asking for it at this point. I don’t care if we have to wait for Crystal to claim or to get a role claim from Badger in DP4 (which we absolutely should get). Austin should be lynched now.
Really, I wonder why you would so impatient...? And btw, badger already claimed vanilla, so you're just making stuff up at this point.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Unvote
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
VTL Austin
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@AustinL0926
Yeah, I’m not doing this back and forth with you anymore. If it’s not obvious to everyone that you’re scum at this point, then they’re just not paying attention, so entertaining this little back and forth is just bonkers. If you were town and someone else did this, you’d VTL them immediately.

I will, however, note that I softclaimed my character in my very first post:

The potential of this game is infinite!

So, yeah, the whole late claim thing doesn’t really work. You’ve been BSing harder and harder as the DP has gone on, and it’s just silly at this point. We’ve been going for more than 2 days in this DP - it’s not a rush job by any means, and you’ve more than justified it.

And yes, I’m aware that Badger claimed vanilla. I’d like to push him on that claim because, as I’ve already said, I don’t believe it.