There Needs to be a Fringe Reboot

Author: Reece101

Total: 6
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
With Lance Riddikk’s passing there needs to be a Fringe reboot. It’s was a really good show though the final seasons kind of dragged on.
I’d say it’s bingeworthy, especially the earlier seasons. 

The Google synopsis:
An FBI special agent Olivia Dunham must work together with a mad scientist Walter Bishop and his son Peter Bishop to investigate various aspects of fringe science.

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Reece101
How would you like the reboot done?
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Athias
I don’t know. Just a storyline following a different group of characters within the Fringe universe. Doesn’t need to be the exact same formula.
Were you a fan of the show?
Athias
Athias
-->
@Reece101
I don’t know. Just a storyline following a different group of characters within the Fringe universe. Doesn’t need to be the exact same formula.
Were you a fan of the show?
I watched the show and liked it. (Very reminiscent of the X-Files.) Since the threat of the observers was resolved by the end of Season Five, on what would you have the Fringe Reboot focus?

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Athias
There doesn’t need to be a huge overarching plot. Like I said the earlier seasons I enjoyed. 
Athias
Athias
-->
@Reece101
There doesn’t need to be a huge overarching plot. Like I said the earlier seasons I enjoyed. 
For me personally, the overarching plot was what garnered my interest. Unlike the episodic format of the X-Files--though, it did have overarching plot points as it concerned Mulder and Scully--Fringe's focus on Olivia, Peter, and Walter--i.e. Olivia with Cortexiphan (which is a nod to the MK Ultra Program,) Peter's being from an alternate universe, and Walter and William Bell's conflicting applications of their "intellectual supremacy"--was what kept me engaged. It almost had a comic book feel to it, while carefully staying away from the tropes. If there were a reboot, I'd give it a chance, but I honestly don't know what more they could do especially since the show broached the subject of multiple universes and multiple timelines during its run.