Faith Stands

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 47
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz

The faith of any who believes in Jesus Christ stands not in the wisdom of man, but in the power of God.
No one who is a  follower of Jesus Christ will have their faith in Jesus shaken or undone by the logic or cunning or experiences of humanity, nor by strength of reason or philosophy.
but it is tried by life, it is standing firm in the power https://biblehub.com/strongs/greek/1411.htm the miracles, the manifested nature of God's spirit.
faith comes by hearing the word of God https://biblehub.com/text/romans/10-17.htm
faith stands by power/demonstration of God
faith is built up by praying in the Holy ghost. https://biblehub.com/text/jude/1-20.htm

therefore, debate and discussion and arguement should never affect the faith of a true Christian. but with the word of God, our faith comes.
life and its trials will test everyone's faith, to show that it is sure, or if it is false.

1 corinthians 3:10-15 10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
Fiction sure can be fun, eh!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@Malcharaz.

More mumbo jumbo on the religious channel.

Faith will either pay off or not.

You will have to wait and see.

Or wait die and disperse your component parts back to the Universe from whence they came. Eternal existence in the kingdom of heaven if you like.

All good metaphors.

Best.Korea
Debates: 251
Best.Korea
-->
@zedvictor4
Faith will either pay off or not.
My faith has already paid off. I am happier as a believer. The belief in God is what makes people better and makes their lives better. It is the atheism that doesnt pay off.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Melcharaz
The faith of any who believes in Jesus Christ stands not in the wisdom of man, but in the power of God.
Yes, but God also does not renounce man to ask questions and to be interested and confused. 
He does also not renounce debating and discussing his word and text. 
God gave us intellect and reason for a reason.
Just like he gave us science; a way to perceive his creation through our small incomprehensible minds. 

No one who is a  follower of Jesus Christ will have their faith in Jesus shaken or undone by the logic or cunning or experiences of humanity, nor by strength of reason or philosophy.
This is true, because our faith is unable to break. 

But I would argue that we as christians can use philosophy, reason, experiences in humanity, and logic to argue for God, and not against him. 

After all, God is the creator of philosophy, reason, experiences in humanity, and logic. He gave us these tools to further understand him. These practices are not demonic in nature and have proven to help expand our intellect and mind, so we must have the ability to use these tools for a reason. God gave us these tools for a reason. 

therefore, debate and discussion and arguement should never affect the faith of a true Christian. but with the word of God, our faith comes.
life and its trials will test everyone's faith, to show that it is sure, or if it is false.
This is true, but does not mean we shouldn't involve ourselves in debate and discussion. Pastors and theologians, apologists and others all around the world debate and discuss God's wonders and the Biblical meaning behind other things not to deny Christ, but to further understand him. 

Faith is the only way to the Father, but that does not mean we just sit their and do nothing. We can further increase and strengthen our faith by studying the bible, debating about it, discussing what God means in certain scriptures. Is that not what church is for?  

Church is not a requirement for Heaven, but it is smart to involve yourself in it, because it helps to strengthen your faith and to become closer to God.
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas

MELCHARAZ, whose "Bible Babble" is not vouchsafed by scripture,

YOUR LYING AND COMICAL QUOTE: "therefore, debate and discussion and arguement should never affect the faith of a true Christian."

As I have said many times within this Religion Forum, I am the only true Christian that exists in this forum because I follow ALL of Jesus' inspired words within the Bible!

Then Bible inept pseudo-christians like you DO NOT follow all of Jesus' godly words, therefore you are NOT a True Christian whatsoever if you do not agree with the word of Jesus in the following passages!

1. JESUS AS GOD SAID: “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?  For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.  (Matthew 15: 3-4)

Have you performed the godly Jesus act shown above where He agreed that offspring that curse their parents should be murdered?  
Do you agree with Jesus that the offspring of parents that curse them should be murdered?  

2.  JESUS AS GOD SAID: ”Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou BEATEST him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt BEAT HIM with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs.23:13-14)

Have you ever had to BEAT children, even if they were not yours, if they got out of line with Christian principles, as Jesus says in the passage above?
Do you agree with Jesus in BEATING children when they get out of line?

3. JESUS AS GOD SAID: “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.” (Exodus 21:7).
Do you agree with Jesus that a father can sell their daughter into slavery?

MELCHARAZ, now do your normal "disappearance act" and put on your "running shoes" and RUN AWAY from this Jesus inspired post showing all the membership that you are no more a TRUE Christian than the equally Bible stupid Miss Tradesecret is!  

Run, shooo, go into hiding again from my Jesus inspired post, RUN! ..........  LOL!

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam, who is trying to be "Bible Dumber" than Miss Tradesecret

Guess what? Its about time you support your "OPINIONS" with actual Biblical axioms!  You are just like the equally Bible stupid  Melacharaz, where he too blathers out his opinions without an ounce of Bible support for them!

Show the membership your Bible axioms and/or support for your following statements, otherwise they are nothing but "your opinions" relative to Christianity that do not equa, or support, l the actual words of Jesus' inspired words within the Bible:

BEGIN:

1. Yes, but God also does not renounce man to ask questions and to be interested and confused. 
2. He does also not renounce debating and discussing his word and text. 
3. God gave us intellect and reason for a reason.
4. ust like he gave us science; a way to perceive his creation through our small incomprehensible minds. 
5. But I would argue that we as christians can use philosophy, reason, experiences in humanity, and logic to argue for God, and not against him. 
6. Faith is the only way to the Father, but that does not mean we just sit their and do nothing
7. Church is not a requirement for Heaven, but it is smart to involve yourself in it,

If you can't support  your opinions into Jesus' inspired words, then YOU are nothing but a pseudo-christian, where you are hell bound upon your demise anyway since you committed the Unpardonable Sin!   https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8791/posts/371467

WAIT, in my minds eyes, do I see you putting on your RUNNING SHOES to do a runaway "disappearance act" just like the equally Bible stupid fool Melacharaz? LOL!

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
God gave us intellect and reason for a reason.

Did god say eat from the tree of knowledge or did he say do not eat from the tree of knowledge?
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
i can honestly say that all of your statement are basically irrelevant to the subject.
also, you are wrong about some of the things you mentioned. but it doesnt follow the topic of my post. we can dm about it.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
My "faith" thing doesn't work as is subscribed in the above. 

Do you reckon we could change the word faith.
Orrrr
What is faith in ten words.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
What else do you believe in soooooo much but you cant prove.? 
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Wassup, BrotherD. 

Let’s settle our differences in a Lyrical Exchange-Off. 
It’s Rap Battle Time. 

Accept my challenge. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
Did god say eat from the tree of knowledge or did he say do not eat from the tree of knowledge?
You do know why its called that right?

The tree was named The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, because if you eat from it, you will know right from wrong, and be subject to sin.
God gave us a choice; therefore, he gave us intellect and knowledge. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Stephen is sooooooo hard to understand some times. 
See i also thought he asked , why do they call the tree of knowledge the tree of knowledge? 
But after reading it again , 
I think what he is trying to ask you is. 

Did god say. 
A,,,,,, Eat from the tree of knowledge. 
Orrr
B,,,,,,, Do not eat from the tree of knowledge. 

Maybe Tick a box is more to your liking? 

□  for  ( A )
Or 
□  for  ( B ) 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
God said to not eat from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

In order for humans to sin, we must have the knowledge of what is good and bad. 
Before Adam and Eve sinned, they did not know what was bad or good. They could do as they pleased, but the only thing they knew was wrong, was eating of that tree. 

Once they ate of that tree, their eyes were opened to their moral conscience, and they themselves could differ what was good and bad, therefore sin enters the world through them. 

Now God never took away or didn't give them the ability to process good and evil or knowledge. 
The tree didn't give them knowledge, it opened their eyes to their moral conscience. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
( B )

That would be a tick 
□  for ( B )  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
A ( tree of moral consequences ) was probably already taken. 
Anddddd
A ( tree of good and bad )  definitely would of already been in use. 

I bet if you climb to the very top of the tree of knowledge you could see the fountain of youth just over yonder. 
But thats a totally diff post.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Can you tell me anything about this fountain of youth.   

An elixir of life maybe. 

These aint god stories are they ? 
Well they are butt they aint.  
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Best.Korea
True in a way.

I am content. 

Atheism isn't a necessary factor of my contentment, and obviously, nor is theism.

Though I can understand why some peoples lives require a metaphysical prop.

Happiness though?

Happiness is another discussion.

In an average day, and how often does one experience happiness?

Happiness is nice, but perversely the achievement of happiness can also come loaded with stress.

A contented life is much less stressful.

In my opinion.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
You do know why its called that right?

Yes.

The tree was named The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, because if you eat from it, you will know right from wrong,

Exactly. And we would know what was or wasn't good for us without his dictates. We wouldn't any longer have to rely on his word or opinion to tell us what is true or not.

God gave us a choice; therefore, he gave us intellect and knowledge. 

NOPE!
God didn't want us to have knowledge. he makes it more than clear that he wanted us to remain ignorant. And remain slaves to do his bidding and his digging. and be totally reliant on him.

He was terrified that we would become " like them" i.e. knowing our own minds to make our own decisions and think for ourselves. And part of that "knowing" was taught by the serpent lord . Who had whipped some of his own of seed into the woman. Its Yet another retelling of the Sumerian epics. 

"And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”  

Read your bible!

Oh and you do understand the tree was only a metaphor, don't you.. surely.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If A Belief in god  bettered people. 
I'd believe in a half a dozen of em or so. 
At least. 
 I would be so bettered.   
Faith in one religion = so.so.
Faiths in many =  mega- faithful , faiths full  more faith .  

Then I'll start having faith in things that don't need " faith " in em. 

( The number of people that believe in just one religion as to four would be interesting. ) 
1 to 1000 at least.  

Imagine if the first commandment was.
Believe in me and approximately  4 or 5 other gods that you like. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Stephen is sooooooo hard to understand some times. 
See i also thought he asked , why do they call the tree of knowledge the tree of knowledge? 
But after reading it again , 
I think what he is trying to ask you is. 

Did god say. 
A,,,,,, Eat from the tree of knowledge. 
Orrr
B,,,,,,, Do not eat from the tree of knowledge. 

Maybe Tick a box is more to your liking? 

□  for  ( A )
Or 
□  for  ( B ) 

Yes, Deb. My question was clear enough for those that have taken the time to read it. As is the answer.

Here it is again, I clearly asked:

Did god say eat from the tree of knowledge or did he say do not eat from the tree of knowledge?#9

"but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" Genesis 2:17

That would be a tick 
□  for ( B )  

(✓)  correct!!  
Good game , Deb.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
So Now we both know this.
In you best corny deep as voice. Say loudly.  Like a  ( god ) 
     '  He shall not '
Or
   '  oh he shalt not . 
Say it Hen
Eat from it. 
Tho shall not Eateth from the ye old oak tree of knowledge. 

No but
The bible does not cotain a easy to understand straightforward bit .
Followed by a 
Easy to understand straightforward bit. 

Thus brining us back to the OP

'A black gospel choir starts real softly '  singing .
F
A
I
T

Can i get a little  
F
A
and it gets louder and louder.

Next thing ya know you are in a what ya can best describe as a  trance.  
And faith is back bay bay. 
Ya feel it in your fingers. 

mmmmmm faith. 
Thats me faith thing i have hey.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Is faith like what i have in my car tires to keep inflated whilst driving.  

Im thinking about asking George Michael what faith is. 
Any guesses on what he m8ght say. ?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If you said .
Well , He may get you to  reconsider your foolish notion.  
Ya insta blocked.  

AND now that songs in me head. 
You fuckin bastard 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
God didn't want us to have knowledge.
He already gave us knowledge; he just didn't want us to know the full extent. He was trying to protect us, but at no point did he take that choice of knowing it away. 

He was terrified that we would become " like them" i.e. knowing our own minds to make our own decisions and think for ourselves. And part of that "knowing" was taught by the serpent lord . Who had whipped some of his own of seed into the woman. Its Yet another retelling of the Sumerian epics. 
So, God gave us a choice of knowing what was good and bad, and he was terrified of us knowing what was good and bad?
Why wouldn't he just not give us that choice.
What would it do to him, if he was terrified.
You just proved that God loved us so much, that he was scared that we would choose the wrong path. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Wtf. 
I just got lost in the preachings of Mick Williams  for well over thirty minutes.  
He was like .
Well
He was like talking to me man. 

Ill be ok but hey ? 
I feel normal. 
Checks the book of atheists. 
Are atheists allowed to listen to preachings of the gospal for nearly a whole hour ? 
Yes.  
WOW, lucky. 

What do you reckon Michael Williams cost for a service. 
Over 10k hey? 
25k. No way orrr way? 

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Sir.Lancelot

Sir.Lancelot,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE IN WANTING ME TO WASTE MY VALUABLE TIME WITH JESUS: "Wassup, BrotherD.  Let’s settle our differences in a Lyrical Exchange-Off. 
It’s Rap Battle Time.  Accept my challenge."

First thing, we don't have to settle anything because I outright own your Bible stupidity!

Furthermore, in the name of Jesus, absolutely NO RAP Music will ever come from my lips or thought, because this Satanic music is known to be connected with the Black Race, and as you should know, this race is ungodly associated with the “Ham Curse” by Christianity!

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam, that wants to be "Bible Dumber" than Miss Tradesecret,

YOUR INEPT BIBLE QUOTE: "In order for humans to sin, we must have the knowledge of what is good and bad."

If our serial killer Jesus, of innocent babies and infants, as God in the Garden of Eden, didn't want us to seek true knowledge in eating from the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil, then why in the hell did Jesus put this tree in the Garden in the first place to "tempt" Eve" in giving Jesus' creation the original sin?!  Furthermore, Jesus being omniscient (1 John 3:20), knew He was going to tempt Eve, and knew of the outcome to begin with, GET IT BIBLE FOOL?  Therefore, our God is a "trickster" along with Him being a brutal and bloody serial killer, do you understand?

You are still RUNNING AWAY in your embarrassment from my factual post to you in showing that YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN! WHATSOEVER, especially since you are guilty of committing the dreadful Upardonable Sin!: